Are we all gonna die in December?
Yes
5.2% (35)
5.2% (35)
No
93.9% (630)
93.9% (630)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Do you think we're all gonna die in December?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

(sorry if this topic has been done to death i haven't been here lately or if this topic annoys you it's just I've been thinking about it for some reason plus i'm bored)
anyway if you don't know the Mayan Calendar ends in (i think) September 20th and that has a lot of people thinking that we're going to die on that day
Basically what i'm asking is if you think we are?

EDIT: OK so i got the date wrong...does it really matter that much? this is a stupid topic to begin with and apparently people are taking this as a serious topic which surprises me even more.
and this is why i left this site. you make one little error and everyone jumps on its like no tomorrow

(sorry for the 'Bump' but i need to do this)
when ever i post a thread on the escapist the ENTIRE site just locks up and doesn't update unless i do something like this

So we lost 3 months? Last I heard it was December.

Yeah I'm with Jacco, I'm pretty sure it was Decemeber. Regardless of the date, I do not care. A calendar finishes, big deal. Maybe if they actually left some kind of message warning us about a date I'd have a little more faith in the apocalypse but even then I'd be speculative.

I think we will be posting about this silliness in 2013 and laughing at the mooks who actually sold everything and hunkered down for the end.

It is 100% December, and it is 100% bullshit. I have no idea where you got the September thing from, but don't believe any of it.

It almost seems like the world is going to end every five years.

Now what will be the next one, the coming of the Reapers?

I voted yes, just because I'm optimistic.

I'm going to have a big party on Decembre 24. Not because it's Christmas but because the whole Mayan panic thing will be finally over...

Nope, it's silly to believe in such things and besides it would be a terrible birthday present (For me, maybe Christmas present for you), I say that because it's actually December 21st not September, just so you know I mean if you think the world is going to end it's fine but I would prefer if you delayed it instead.

1. We aren't going to die.
2. We should be smarter than this by 2012.
3. Facebook is gonna go nuts.

Maxtro:

Dont worry, the reapers wont be here until another 150 years or so.

OT: It really is just stupid. That's all I really need to say.

hey dont you se it doesnt matter it just means there is a good reason to party extra hard... then again it is on a friday, so odds are you would be doing that anyway

cyrogeist:
(sorry if this topic has been done to death i haven't been here lately or if this topic annoys you it's just I've been thinking about it for some reason plus i'm bored)
anyway if you don't know the Mayan Calendar ends in (i think) September 20th and that has a lot of people thinking that we're going to die on that day
Basically what i'm asking is if you think we are?

I for one think that A:the Mayan Calendar just resets B:they got wiped out before they finished it Or C: they didn't count leap years and we're actually past that date (Technically)

How about: D: They were idiots, and even if they did predict the end of the world, it won't end.

Every year annual calendars expire and those haven't killed anyone so far.

This 2012 Mayan doomsday is pointless beyond comparisons.

Err wasn't it was this December on the 12th?
Either way no I don't believe it and apparently it had already happen-

Well, if we do all die in whatever date its supposed to be, then at least we will of solved the global unemployment crisis.

Pretty sure its december. I dont think anything is going to happen to be honest, however a part of me does want the world to end. For rather selfish reasons.

the Mayan calendar ends in 2112 not 2012 so we go 100 more years
second: the Mayan calendar has ended before and you know what they did? they just made a new one

this is just the same as the world ending last year.
also if you believe it can I have your worldly possession? just PM me and I,ll send my postal data.

No.

I believe in this thing called 'science'.

You may of heard of it.

Yes, we're going to die on September 20th. The collective stupidity of mankind is going to break some kind of inter-dimensional barrier, from which communists, nazis, various divine beings, demons, several different comets, a super volcano and a computer virus are all going to pour out and slaughter us all instantly.

Nah, I know we're going to die in December.

OK, seriously. You should do enough research to at least know what you're talking about before making a thread. Also you are asking the community of the Escapist, a community loaded with skeptics and Atheists if they believe in something with no logic.

No obviously.
Although if there is some kind of apocalypse, it'll be coincidence.
Oh well hopefully there'll be some cool end of the world parties to make all the stupidity worth it.

It was December.
Also, what would happen happens every year.
The calendar changes.

Unless something completely unrelated to the Mayan Calender thing kills everyone in September, then no.

Redlin5:
I think we will be posting about this silliness in 2013 and laughing at the mooks who actually sold everything and hunkered down for the end.

Unless it does happen, in which case there'll be egg on our faces, huh?

It would be really cool if people stupid enough to believe these conspiracy theories about the world ending on whatever date, actually dropped dead on those days. That would probably clean up the gene pool quite nicely.

I was sure it was December LOL...but no, mainly because the Mayans didn't say the world would end. At most the predicted a change to a new age.

Just because there were only 13 Baktun's written on the Mayan calendar doesn't mean that we will all die when when the calendar reaches an end. The Mayans aren't going to write an infinitely long calendar. That would be stupid.

I had a pretty good article explaining the Mayan calendar, but alas I cannot find it :/

I've heard countless doomsday predictions in my short 18 years, it's sad really. Not even the Mayans believe it but people still make a big deal out of this. I'm just gonna enjoy it and have a huge party while keeping an ear out for anyone looking to sell valuable possessions cheap.

December 21, 2012. My stepdad is the anti-Christ and his birthday will bring the end of days.

Either that, or we'll just have an end of the world themed party and get out of buying Christmas gifts.

But I need more time for Borderlands 2...
And what about GTA V.

Also, no.

I have to say, I really hope the 3 people who said yes were joking.

I am 27 and have personally lived through about a dozen "end of the world" events. So yeah, its bullshit. No more credible than any of the others. The world had more of a chance of ending by ebola or african killer bees[1] than this silly calendar bullshit.

[1] Yes, they were both real "end of the world" scares. I wish I was joking.

Pfft, September. The world is ending in May.

No, the mutant super-soldiers aren't going to be ready until October next year.

Maxtro:

The internet has made far worse examples of Rule 34, giant mechanical squids will just die of sheer shock at the sight of Princess Celestia wearing a strapon, a velociraptor, an 80 year old man, George Costanza, Che Guevara, and Betty Boop.

If anyone wants to add to this crack orgy, feel free.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked