What the hell happened to my computer?

Okay so just yesterday I updated my graphics card and now everything is less colorful then it use to be, what happened? Like The blues on the Escapist stand out less and they look really dull where as they use to be bright and "dynamic" what happened and how can I fix this?

ere... not sure why it happend but you can just roll back the drivers to their previous version.

If you have windows 7 you can also just uninstall the driver restart the PC and it will use the generic driver for it and then reinstall the one you want.

To be honest we need more details like what graphics card you have model etc and what driver you applied to it. Could just be mis-matched hardware and drivers (windows automatic updates can apply the wrong drivers).

Graphics drivers usually have some sort of color-correction software. It may be that it's using a preset that's less vibrant than what you're used to. I would check for that before doing any roll-backs.

Rastien:
ere... not sure why it happend but you can just roll back the drivers to their previous version.

If you have windows 7 you can also just uninstall the driver restart the PC and it will use the generic driver for it and then reinstall the one you want.

To be honest we need more details like what graphics card you have model etc and what driver you applied to it. Could just be mis-matched hardware and drivers (windows automatic updates can apply the wrong drivers).

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

McMullen:
Graphics drivers usually have some sort of color-correction software. It may be that it's using a preset that's less vibrant than what you're used to. I would check for that before doing any roll-backs.

How do I find this "color-correction" thing you speak of?

Quiet Stranger:

McMullen:

Look in the nVidia Control Panel. There should be a settings page there that has what you're looking for. The nVidia Control Panel should have been installed along with your driver.

Quiet Stranger:

Rastien:

Not sure if its sorted or not yet but what is your operating system xp/vista/7 etc

Rastien:

Quiet Stranger:

Rastien:

Not sure if its sorted or not yet but what is your operating system xp/vista/7 etc

It's Vista Home Premium

McMullen:

Quiet Stranger:

McMullen:

Look in the nVidia Control Panel. There should be a settings page there that has what you're looking for. The nVidia Control Panel should have been installed along with your driver.

There is a "Adjust desk-top color settings" would it be in there?

Heres the latest drivers there are 2 versions of windows home premium 64bit and 32bit to find out which version of windows you are running use the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

Then download and reinsall the apropriate driver, it this doesn't help try what the other guy has suggested.

32Bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/42437

64Bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/42438

Hope that helps :)

(captcha "dark horse" fuck yeah)

No, stop! Don't reinstall any drivers.

Right click desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Display > Change Colour Settings > Slide digital vibrancy slider to the right (adjusting to taste).

Et voila!

You can always adjust your monitor settings too, they may have even been reset.

Fair shout do what he suggested, but reinstalling the drivers won't do any harm. They are the correct ones for your system and the latest :).

Quiet Stranger:

McMullen:

Quiet Stranger:

There is a "Adjust desk-top color settings" would it be in there?

Yes. This should all be explained in whatever documentation came with your card/drivers, or on the nVidia website at the very least. They are a far better reference than we are, especially since this problem can easily be fixed through color-correction settings, but one of us recommended that you roll back to a previous driver. There's no reason to do that. The documentation will give you better advice and directions than you can find here.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked