Your Favourite Cocktails

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hello fellow Escapists,

I am a bartender currently designing a cocktail list for submission to my manager for use in my bar, and am interested to see what/if any cocktails you favour.

All the classics are already included, looking for something different!

Happy Drinking

I presume Gimlet (on a bit of ice, in a tumbler) is a classic, yes?

Well, I am partial to a Pan-American Clipper, Long Island Iced Tea, Rusty Nail, Zombie, and a whole bunch of others whose names I cannot for the life of me remember, including one that contained what I seem to recall was Armenian cough-syrup or something of the sort.

Me and my mates like to go to a bar where we've made friends with the bartenders and say "I'd like something with {insert alcohol here}" and they make something awesome and I very rarely remember the names of any of the drinks other than the classics.

If you don't already have it, add the Vesper Martini from James Bond to your list. Had one at a really upscale restaurant last year on valentines day and it was fucking amazing, much better than a standard martini.

3 measures of Gordon's Gin
1 measure of vodka
1/2 measure Kina Lillet
lemon peel for garnish
serve with ice, small chunks, not cubes

The Long Island Ice Tea.

I don't usually drink cocktails, but when I do, I want one with all the alcohol in the bar poured into a glass.

Blunderboy:
The Long Island Ice Tea.

I don't usually drink cocktails, but when I do, I want one with all the alcohol in the bar poured into a glass.

I couldn't resist, here you go...

mikey7339:

Blunderboy:
The Long Island Ice Tea.

I couldn't resist, here you go...

Ha thanks!
Was that already in exsistance, or did you make that just for me?

Blunderboy:

I made it, I'll let you know if it ends up on their front page.

mikey7339:

Blunderboy:

I made it, I'll let you know if it ends up on their front page.

I'm touched. :p Thanks.

You should never EVER serve a martini with ice.... Although the Vesper Martini is delicious. Yeah already got the Gimlet.

Long Island Iced Teas are only fractionally more potent than a normal cocktail if made to the recipe... Although back in the day they used to have like 7 spirits in them instead of the standard 5 nowadays.....

I'm Canadian, so naturally my favourite is the Caesar Cocktail.

Clamato Juice (Clam Broth + Tomato Juice)
Vodka
Worchestire Sauce
Tobasco Sauce
Pepper

Celery Salted Rim

Served with a lime wedge and a garnish of either celery, green beans or pickled asparagus, or cocktail shrimp if you want to be really fancy.

It sounds gross with the clam broth and all, but it's actually really delicious, you can't even taste the clam really, I suppose that's because clam broth isn't exactly the same flavour as the clams themselves.

I don't know if they're actually good, but this is as good a reason as any to refer to 'Danger 5'. Some of the cocktails the dying mention as they're held in Pierre's arms:

If you try them, do tell me how they taste. I'm quite curious!

The Perfect Chinese Whisper
One part rice wine
One part lychee juice
Pour over crushed ice
Fill with soda

The Perfect Carlos Sultana
One part dark rum
One scoop of vanilla ice cream
Fill with cream soda
Finish with raisins

The Perfect Fruit Madrid
Two parts grenadine
One part Chartreuse
A pinch of salt
A fresh mint

I prefer Tom Collins.

Old fashioned or Rob Roy. It is a hard choice.

The clam broth one sounds cool, like a fishy bloody mary, tried the Fruit Madrid, is a very different flavour, is always hard to find a way to mix the flavour of Chartreusee, but the super-sweet Grenadine works pretty well.

wisey_01:
like a fishy bloody mary,

That's what she said.

I usually enjoy a Manhattan. I'd like to know of any other whiskey based cocktails though.

wisey_01:
The clam broth one sounds cool, like a fishy bloody mary.

You can't actually taste the clam, the clam broth serves more to cut down the intensity of the tomato flavour while adding a sweetness of it's own.

whisky is always tough to use because people that like whisky generally dont like messsing with the flavour too much. depending on the type (Scotch, Irish, Canadian, Bourbon etc. etc.) old fashioneds are a great way to serve a drink, and work will with bourbon, canadian and irish whisky's in particular. You can also make whisky sours with the sweeter varieties.

An interesting one i tried the other day was a pink lychee fizz.

1 shot CC
1 shot Lychee liquer
top with rasperry lemonade.

Simple and really tasty

Dags90:

wisey_01:
like a fishy bloody mary,

That's what she said.

I usually enjoy a Manhattan. I'd like to know of any other whiskey based cocktails though.

wisey_01:
whisky is always tough to use because people that like whisky generally dont like messsing with the flavour too much. depending on the type (Scotch, Irish, Canadian, Bourbon etc. etc.) old fashioneds are a great way to serve a drink, and work will with bourbon, canadian and irish whisky's in particular. You can also make whisky sours with the sweeter varieties.

An interesting one i tried the other day was a pink lychee fizz.

1 shot CC
1 shot Lychee liquer
top with rasperry lemonade.

Simple and really tasty

Old Fashioneds remind me too much of the hot toddies I use to help me sleep occasionally, lychee is all over the place in cocktail recipes but it kind of scares me because I don't have a clue to how it tastes.

The mojito.
White rum or tequila as a base, either tastes great
Sugar
Lime
Mint
Sparkling water

Boom

The tastiest cocktail around!

Old fashioned, it is the god of cocktails.

TheBobmus:
The mojito.
Sugar
Lime
Mint
Sparkling water

Boom

You gotta try it with a spiced rum, Sailor Jerry makes an amazing mojito.

It's quite a different taste, it works well with other fruits like strawberry or black raspberry, great with the ladies.

French Lychee Martini

30ml Vanilla Vodka
15ml Chambord
15ml Lychee Liquer
30ml Pineapple Juice

Shake and double strain into a martini glass, garnish with pineapple wedge or a fresh lychee

a mudslide
i have no idea whats in it apart from chocolate and milk...its awesome though

I have to say Bourbon and Chi tea make a good mix, I made it one day going back home for Christmas (in a plane i was not driving, and I hate planes so I may as well be wasted) it came out to around 2 parts Chi sweetened to taste i part Bourbon and a splash of cream. I did not expect it to be good but it was fantastic.

Bad Girl. Be warned that those may taste like fruit punch, but they will kick your ass.

Glass of scotch.

I enjoy a good drink to sip at a bar. I hate the taste of beer so I prefer hard liquor.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117216-Get-Hammered-With-These-Mass-Effect-Character-Cocktails

Nothings better tasting then a drink based off someone you know personally.

Except for Jack's. That shit is like rynchol.

Anything with booze please! I will drink anything.

Last weekend I got a recipe out of the LCBO Food & Drink magazine.

It is a called the "Ocean Drive"

1oz Vodka
1oz Blue Alizé
2oz Lemonade
Stir it and serve in Martini glasses.
Put in some fresh blueberries as a garnish and you have a very tasty and pretty summer drink.

I must have drank 8 last weekend...

My usual cocktails are Cosmopolitan, Whisky and Coke/Water, Manhattan on the rocks, Black Russian and Harvey Wallbangers.

A virgin cuba libre. If possible, diet.

Bombay Sapphire straight. Then again, that's not a cocktail, so when I must go with a cocktail, I choose something non-offensive like a Tanqueray and Tonic or a well Whiskey and Coke (wouldn't want to order good whiskey mixed with coke). If I'm feeling up to it, I'll occasionally order a Long Island or if I'm uber-confident an Electric Iced Tea.

I have to admit that I don't have a lot of cocktail ideas, but make a couple of them colorful and flashy, and a few that are very subdued and simple.

DANEgerous:
Old fashioned, it is the god of cocktails.

TheBobmus:
The mojito.
Sugar
Lime
Mint
Sparkling water

Boom

These are my two favorites. I have a favorite place for each:
-Old Fashioned: A cigar bar. Nothing like three or four Old Fashioneds and a stogie.

-Mojitos: A classy rooftop bar overlooking the ocean here. With the the drink, the pool, the lighting, and the view...the place is just sexy.

I usually go for a Mojito, a short Black Russian (no coke), or if I'm feeling like being a pain in the arse a Sazerac. I mostly drink beer or wine though.

I'd submit the following:

Gin & Ginger Ale
Same principle as Gin and Tonic (ratio's included) but substitute the tonic for Ginger Ale. Good results can be had if you use sweetened lime juice in place of actual lime. Excellent for people who don't know they like Gin because Gin and Tonic is so upfront about being full of Gin.

Spiced Rum and Citrus cola
The exact flavor varies wildly depending on your choice of each. Sailor Jerry (Or captain Morgan) and Mountain Dew results in a vanilla flavored Mountain Dew. By contrast, darker rum tends to favor more of a syrupy flavor (Old Monk and mountain dew taste remarkably similar to low end table syrup).

There is also a partuclar brand of Vodka that comes in a whipped cream flavor (I forget the brand - it's french and begins with a 'P') and when mixed with mountain dew results in a flavor that is exactly like skittles (of no particular color).

Finally there is the Black and Gold - a drink that may or may not really exist outside of my home. Simply mix a Chocolate Stout with a Sweet Cider in a 50-50 ratio. It is a surprisingly fantastic (albeit very rich) beverage.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked