32.5% (26)
Summer
28.8% (23)
28.8% (23)
Spring
11.3% (9)
11.3% (9)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What is your favourite season of the year and why?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What is your favourite season, and why?

Is it the heat and sun of Summer?
What about the freezing chills of Winter?
The cloudy and beautiful months of Autumn might be to your taste?
Or is the basking glow and outdoor fun of Spring?

For me, it has to be Autumn. There is something about Autumn, from the foliage to the cool weather (of which I prefer) that really gets me. The world is seemingly transformed into a beautiful place, and it brings a breath of fresh air from the harsh heat of Summer.

So what is it for you?

(Obviously seasons are different in varying geographical locations, but this is just for you and based on where you live)

I'm gonna go with the fall. I'm light sensitive, and I prefer to walk in a temperature that is a good medium between extremes. In the case where I'd build up a sweat, I mostly do not. The scenery is also not harmful to the senses and the air is pretty crisp. Yeah, I know liking a murky atmosphere is weird, but I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm use to it.

Summer and spring are just way too hot for my tastes (I live in Australia and im still not use to the heat). So that leaves Autumn and winter. I like the cold for some reason, so Winter it is.

Spring - It isn't too hot yet and the insects have yet to arrive in great numbers. Weather tends to be quite lovely.

Winter. It makes other people as depressed as I always am.

Winter is my favourite because I enjoy the cold and like the relief from the hated heat in Summer/Spring. Plus I don't feel the cold as badly as others. We went to the south island of New Zealand during a school trip during winter. Most people had several layers of clothing including thermal underwear, and I wore a t-shit and pants.

Summer is my favourite as I love sunshine and heat (living in the UK, both of those are in short supply for much of the year), plus I tan very quickly and easily so I look great in the summer.

I like winter because;
1. Christmas and my birthday are within a month of eachother.
2. I like cold weather over hot weather.
3. The days are shorter and the nights are longer which means I can sleep in longer.
4. Most AAA games tend to come out during the holiday season anyway. (ok I guess that would technically be Fall but you get my point.)

Winter. I love the snow and the cold. So, so much.

It's a tough call between summer and winter. Summer because it's warm, there's 22 hours a day with daylight and of course there's no school.
Winter because snow is beautiful, it's cozy to sit inside with either a cup of cocoa, coffee or a glass of red wine and of course Christmas.

Autumn gets wild storms though and that's something I really love, too bad I moved somewhere there's not too many storms...

Fall is my favorite. I've always found it to be a romantic, pretty season. Winter is sleepy, spring is hormone powered, and summer is busy: autumn is a time of reflection on the year before and preparation for the year ahead.

Also, the leaves, cider, long walks on blustery days, halloween, thanksgiving, and so on.

I would have to say Autumn. It has beautiful colors, perfect temperatures, the bugs are fading away, there are still a decent amount of birds to spectate. And if you ever been to a hilly landscape during sunrise/sunset in autumn, you probably would agree that there are few more breathtaking sights. The sights, sounds, smells, and how it feels in autumn are hard to describe other then just right.

Winter, because I like snow and it's not hot in winter. Cold I'm fine with, but I really don't like when it's over about 15 to 20C. Autumn and spring are the worst, though. In spring when the snow starts to melt, everything gets wet, and there's mud and slush everywhere. And in autumn it usually snows a bit, then it melts, then it snows again etc. and again, mud everywhere. And it's really damn dark in autumn too. There is less sunlight in winter, but the snow makes it much brighter.

Winter: snow, quiet and Christmas. Even if I never can keep my feet warm.

Haha, I'm one of the only ones to vote spring.

But really, it's more that transition period between spring and summer. When the rain is starting to let off but not completely gone, and when it's getting warm but isn't BLASTED HOT yet.

Keep in mind, I live in Seattle, so 'less rain' is relative. As is the fact that it doesn't really get that hot here, but I'm also a whiner.

Winter and summer are my favourites, but winter has Christmas so it gets my vote.

Summer - I live in the UK, so it's not unpleasantly hot much, if at all, and there aren't any unpleasantly cold days. So yeah, it's entirely good, also I don't like the cold.

Ectoplasmicz:
((Which season and why))

I live in Colorado, at an elevation of about 7,000 feet. It's usually very dry here and temperate. Summers are usually our wet season with rainfall almost every Summer afternoon, I like it - it keeps things cool. Winters are generally dry and cold with occasional snowstorms.

I like Winter best. I prefer night over day, cold over heat, darkness over light. I like being able to make winter soups and stews and turn on the fireplace. I like the beers and spiced wines that come out for Winter and the Holiday season

I just like everything about Winter. Summer, I like least.

Winter. All the damn insects are gone. Although at the same time I suppose snow-shovelling is pretty frustrating. As is walking in the cold.

Alright, maybe Autumn instead. Cool and pleasant.

Another vote for autumn here...

It isn't so hot, and for one reason or another, I find it a much more calming time of the year and sunsets get to be very picturesque.

I love winter.

Mostly because I like to listen to people bitch and moan about how cold it is.

This is the order for me:

Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn

Summer is just amazing for being outside and doing things. Also driving conditions are usually perfect.

Spring smells nice.

Winter is fun at times and I love snow.

Autumn is annoying.

Marter:
I love winter.

Mostly because I like to listen to people bitch and moan about how cold it is.

Schadenfreude?

Redlin5:
Schadenfreude?

Forever and always, bro.

ALWAYS, I TELL YOU.

Summer since I cannot stand the cold and I love seeing the shopping places more lively with the kids/ pupil/ students are free despite making it busy for some people (people who work in shop).

Spring and Autumn, the two least favourite so far :P

It gets quite hot here, and we have a slight fly problem. So Summer sucks sometimes. And Winter is normally okay, but every few years it is cold even for me (high cold-tolerance) and Winter rain (not often, but we always get it at least once a year) is ball-retractingly cold.

Certain times in Autumn and Spring are free of flies and stay warm, but not hot well into the afternoon. Perfect. I also like snuggling up in Autumn sun.

Marter:

Redlin5:
Schadenfreude?

Forever and always, bro.

ALWAYS, I TELL YOU.

ALRIGHT I GET IT. SOMETIMES I LIKE THE COLD BUT NOT WHEN IT DIPS BELOW 30!

Redlin5:

Then you are exactly the kind of person I enjoy bugging. I like it when it gets below 30oC.

Marter:

Redlin5:

Then you are exactly the kind of person I enjoy bugging. I like it when it gets below 30oC.

Oh come on, you would bug me anyway. :P

Winter - I love the rain, thunderstorms, the cold and snow. I have some bad allergies so spring and summer are annoying. I hate those seasons.

Autumn by a country mile. The crisp air, the perfect temperature, and the leaves falling for the year. Absolutely perfect for any activity, whether it be flying, football or soccer.

I love autumn. Summers where I live are ridiculously hot and humid, so when all that shuts down for the fall and the heat breaks and it starts to get a bit drier.. it's heaven. It's kind of like finding an oasis in the middle of a 1000 mile trek through the desert. I like that a lot.

requisitename:
I love autumn. Summers where I live are ridiculously hot and humid, so when all that shuts down for the fall and the heat breaks and it starts to get a bit drier.. it's heaven. It's kind of like finding an oasis in the middle of a 1000 mile trek through the desert. I like that a lot.

That's what I wanted to say, but you put it better :P

I'd say summer. I find that spring is usually overcast and wet, winter is cold and snow sucks when you have to be anywhere and autumn is alright but rainier than summer.

Bear in mind that I live in Scotland though. A hot day is 21oC (about 70oF) so it's never really that hot. I like summer because we get more sun and less overcast skies, basically.

I guess Winter. I don't like the heat, it's more draining to deal with and I quite like the long evenings. :3 Probably because I'm a bit of a shut in but the cold is easy enough just to chuck on a couple of layers for.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked