1.6% (19)
1.6% (19)
North America (Not U.S.)
9.1% (108)
9.1% (108)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Where are you from?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I'm from Scotland. No, we do not all wear kilts!

Ooh. Quite a few fellow Californians I see. :)

Smiley Face:

And on the topic of geography, I've always been curious: Where does Russia count as being? Cause it extends from what I'd think of as Europe all the way to the Pacific, so... yeah.

Russia is a little tricky to place actually. Russia is mostly European and Asian or Eurasian if you will. Most of the people in Russia live in the European part along with the Russian capital city Moscow, most of Russian history lies in Europe. Russia is also a part of "The Council of Europe" which is promoting cooperation between all European countries.

I am pretty sure Russia is a European country, although i am not 100% certain.

captcha = skid row (do we have a pirate? harhar!)

I am from Canada.

That is all.

Canada. Horray for the Great White North!

Smiley Face:
Yeah, well as a Canadian, I guess you and I are both North American so there's no point for there to be a United States option on the poll?

Bah, I get it, there's a limit to poll options. Still, might be nice to see it more regionally divided.

And on the topic of geography, I've always been curious: Where does Russia count as being? Cause it extends from what I'd think of as Europe all the way to the Pacific, so... yeah.

Russia is in Eurasia, technically speaking, since it spans both Europe and Asia.

OT:I'm from the US. Nowhere specific, move around too much to actually become attached to a certain state. Technically, I'm from Louisiana, because that's where I was born, but I am nothing like a person from Louisiana.

Shawn MacDonald:
That would be good old California. Have never gone surfing. Every other stereotype that you can think of isn't true, we don't all drive nice cars either.

Same here, no pot, no nice car, don't surf... might be that i am from Iowa, but i live in cali now (for 8 years).

GrimTuesday:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians. I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.

Also Washington state in America. And I think it just quit raining here. It's a miracle! The hipsters are still abound though.
And also, here here to the sentiment on Washington DC.

Another one of these polls. The poll seems a bit screwed up since you have a few nations listed(USA, China, Australia) and all the rest are continents. That seems rather unfair and rather stupid. Why compare continets to nations?

Cold, snowy, polar bear[1] infested Norway here.
Yup, just chilling out with the rest of Scandinavia. In the Nordic Countries. In Europe. On planet Earth.

[1] Please note that we currently lack cold temperatures, a significant amount of snow and have no polar bears whatsoever

dorkette1990:

GrimTuesday:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians. I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.

Also Washington state in America. And I think it just quit raining here. It's a miracle! The hipsters are still abound though.
And also, here here to the sentiment on Washington DC.

It's kind of silly for someone to assume someone from Washington is from DC. The District of Columbia is such a small area, you'd be hard pressed to actually meet someone from there. >.<

Of course, parents being in the military means that Washington DC is rarely referred to anything more than "DC". :P

TheCruxis:
Another one of these polls. The poll seems a bit screwed up since you have a few nations listed(USA, China, Australia) and all the rest are continents. That seems rather unfair and rather stupid. Why compare continets to nations?

Australia is a continent and a country.
China: I'm not sure the reasoning behind that.
The US: He's from the US. He's going to put it down.

Canadian for life! I live a half hour drive away from the biggest city in Saskatchewan. I wear bunnyhugs, I shoot gophers and I play video games!

A small town, Maryland over here. The largest city nearby is Baltimore, MD. So....cheers I guess.

I'm suprised no one posted that video yet. Oh well - go satire!

United States. Oklahoma, to be exact.

It's a nice quiet place to live, as long as you don't talk to people about politics. Then you'll hear some very strange things.

I'm from the Balkans,feel free to assume that it is a country.

BTW OP why are you excluding Chinese from Asia without giving them an option in the poll.
Also it hasn't been 24 hours since the thread was opened,that's why Europe has the most hits (day time here) and Africa doesn't have a lot of internet activity.

England, i do not consider myself English nor do i consider myself european, i'm British. My other half is German so i guess that makes me some kinda blood-traitor lol but she considers herself German not european, But seriously the European option will piss off Scandinavians, Irish and British people most i think. We are the subjects/citizens of nations not continents hence YOU are a United Statesian as far as i'm concerned ("America" is the US, Canada and Mexico and im sure you would like to be lumped together as one group now would you) :p but it would take FOREVER to list all the countries I guess so meh that's my thoughts on this anyway.

I am from Ukraine.
I hope to see my fellow escapists here in summer 2012.

Bloodtrozorx:
A small town, Maryland over here. The largest city nearby is Baltimore, MD. So....cheers I guess.

Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.

I'm am a proud cheeseburger-inhaling yank.

Stekepanne5:
Yup, just chilling out with the rest of Scandinavia. In the Nordic Countries. In Europe. On planet Earth.

Doesn't Svalbard technically have all three of those?

Anyway, I'm from England, so *sips tea* Yes, quite.

[1] Please note that we currently lack cold temperatures, a significant amount of snow and have no polar bears whatsoever

I'm from the US. I'm from Pennsylvania, but I've been living in Texas for the past few years.

Shawn MacDonald:
That would be good old California. Have never gone surfing. Every other stereotype that you can think of isn't true, we don't all drive nice cars either.

Same though if you go by where I am from mentally, I am from Scotland.....soon........
I should also point out I hate the beach and visit it once a year to reaffirm my hatred, I hate the sun especially since my lovely Irish heritage turns me red in >3 seconds no matter how much sunblock I put on. I drive an older car(early 90s) and even though I'm in Southern California I DO NOT live in LA or San Diego. Nor do I like spending time in either of those places. I am from Orange County but do not live there any more. Haven't lived there for over 20 years now. Oh and I'm not quite as overly patriotic as the rest of my country seems to be.

BlackStar42:

Stekepanne5:

Svalbard is an archipelago belonging to Norway so technically he is right.

BlackStar42:

Stekepanne5:

Yes, you are correct on that. I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the place I live in.
Not many polar bears here in Trøndelag.

Aetera:

Bloodtrozorx:

Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.

Ha, well hello neighbor. I work in Frederick. I live in Walkersville, MD

Portugal, my good people.

Stekepanne5:

BlackStar42:

Stekepanne5:

Yes, you are correct on that. I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the place I live in.
Not many polar bears here in Trøndelag.

Have you ever been asked "Are there polar bears here?" by tourists? One of my friends went to Florida the once and was asked the classic "Oh, you're from England! Do you know the Queen?"

(No, no we don't. I was nearly run over by Prince Philip the once though- my one and only claim to fame. True story.)

Franklin P.A USA, I respect my country and I love my town.

excuse me, but i'm from england. i know it is part of Europe but i think we deserve our own option

China? ..Are there seriously ANYONE here from China? I would really, really like to talk to that person if so. I mean, they have a state-censured internet, and I have so many questions.

Matt King:
excuse me, but i'm from england. i know it is part of Europe but i think we deserve our own option

If I can prove that there are more people from, let's say, Germany on the Escapist than there are people from England, should they get their own option too?
And how about Wales? Should they?

I'm from Canada, no we don't all live in igloos or use moose instead of cars but some of us do... its an odd place.

Matt King:

Why? Nobody else in Europe gets their own option, and there's too many countries in Europe to list them all.

Somerset in South West England. In a small village called Middleofnowhereville to be precise.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked