North America (Not U.S.)
9.1% (108)
9.1% (108)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Where are you from?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Montreal, Canada

go Canada!

Romania, Europe. No vampires here... I think.

Gurgy:
Another one of those Washington State folks. And, yes, it is currently raining. D;

That's what we really need to poll, how many Washingtonians & New Zealand(ers) we have on the forum

Bonus question; is raining?

BBBELGIUM! French fries, waffles, beer, chocolate and diamonds.

Indiana, United States.
All we have to show for ourselves are soybeans. Lots and lots of soybeans. And corn.

I'm Dutch.

No, I never smoked weed. No, I'm not the only one who hasn't. There's another guy as well.

Gizmo1990:
I am English. The Europe option will just piss people off. Governments like europe. People do not.

I rather like this continent. Very diverse peoples. Almost like a box of chocolates.

Cold-hearted New England. (US)

Sweden! the best country in the world.
We are a real utopian country.
everything is free and all the ladies are beautiful.
We have no crime and everybody is happy all the time.
Itīs so perfect here there's actually a 10% chance your head explodes of happyness if you come on vacation

Bloodtrozorx:

Aetera:

Bloodtrozorx:
A small town, Maryland over here. The largest city nearby is Baltimore, MD. So....cheers I guess.

Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.

Ha, well hello neighbor. I work in Frederick. I live in Walkersville, MD

WUT. I LIVE IN WALKERSVILLE, TOO.

This is crazy! Hello, neighbor!

What about Central America? Screw them?

Europe here.

Portugal to be specific. Fuck the EU. (Except for the freedom to go anywhere in Europe without bureaucracy :D)

Aetera:

Bloodtrozorx:

Aetera:

Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.

Ha, well hello neighbor. I work in Frederick. I live in Walkersville, MD

WUT. I LIVE IN WALKERSVILLE, TOO.

This is crazy! Hello, neighbor!

That is slightly scary yet still awesome. It's a small world indeed even on The Escapist.

argentina south america

Sun Flash:
From the wet and windy Firth of Forth in Scotland, so that makes me European.

I don't know why some Brits don't like being called European, if anything, we're the conglomeration of Northern/Western Europeans through the ages.

Plus Ireland is further away from Europe than mainland Britain, and they're perfectly happily claiming Europeaness (As far as I can tell, any way)

Bloodtrozorx:

TheCruxis:
And yet USA still gets their own option separate from the "North America" option, what gives?

I'm going to argue that 1. The OP is American like myself and 2. There are alot of us and many of my countrymen are loud and whiny. Honestly who wants to listen to that?

Otherwise I no other ideas to offer.

Also, I'd add that, after China and India, which together account for half the world's population, the US is the most populated country in the world, by a gap of about 60 million. For reference, the most populous country in Europe is France which has about 65 million people (or if you count Russia, which is a bit of a grey area, they have 140ish million?)

A large chunk of western civilization operates under the star spangled banner, so I'd say they deserve their own poll choice.

If anything, I'd take umbrage with putting just Australia instead of Australasia/Oceania and for some reason excluding China from Asia.

Actually the most populated country in Europe is Germany, ~80 million, then France :)

Realitycrash:

kortin:

dorkette1990:

Also Washington state in America. And I think it just quit raining here. It's a miracle! The hipsters are still abound though.
And also, here here to the sentiment on Washington DC.

It's kind of silly for someone to assume someone from Washington is from DC. The District of Columbia is such a small area, you'd be hard pressed to actually meet someone from there. >.<

Of course, parents being in the military means that Washington DC is rarely referred to anything more than "DC". :P

TheCruxis:
Another one of these polls. The poll seems a bit screwed up since you have a few nations listed(USA, China, Australia) and all the rest are continents. That seems rather unfair and rather stupid. Why compare continets to nations?

Australia is a continent and a country.
China: I'm not sure the reasoning behind that.
The US: He's from the US. He's going to put it down.

Actually, as far as I know, Australia is part of the continent "Oceania", which is Australia, New Zealand, the other islands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania

Depends. English Speaking countries learn Australia as a Continent, Latin and most other countries learn Oceania, which makes much more sense. Same for America vs North and South America as Continent.

I am from the mystical land of Oregon, land of trees, rain, salmon, rain, those damned Portlanders, and more fucking rain. Specifically I am from the south valley. Every other part of the valley has been getting snow for the past couple weeks. We've been getting more fucking rain.

north carolina in usa

Brazilian here. Fan of this site for quite some time now. It's a very nice place to learn new stuff and practice my English. if you wanna ask something about my country, go for it. I can't help but wonder if many people that see this will think that I live in trees or have a pet monkey or if I have to fight an alligator everyday to get to work.

America.

'Merica.

Murricah.

Murrhurr.

Mmmmhmmm.

[Ohio]

Lucem712:

Potato...bread...Tell me of this wondrous concoction

It's good stuff!

I'm from Derbyshire, England, by the way. Best countryside in England (apart from Yorkshire, obviously).

Wardy

The Netherlands.
I think it,s interesting Europa has the largest user base I always thought most members came from the US.

I'm from Michigan in the US and umm we used to make nice cars?

Cyprus originally and now living in England

Hmmm... I had to pick Europe... but know Brit's I know would class themselves as European... it's just a thing! (Sorry Europeans... we just don't!)

Also... I didn't think this would be the kind of site that would be allowed on Chinese internet... due to the politics threads we have on here!?

Gizmo1990:

Rainforce:

Matthew94:
Northern Ireland

The greatest country in the world.

Why? Potato bread, checkmate

Germany,
but I agree D:

also the poll is a bit...biased? imbalanced?

Gizmo1990:
I am English. The Europe option will just piss people off. Governments like europe. People do not.

well I'm fine with it, dunno about others O.o
I have a bigger problem with seperating china from asia. (and no other countries there)

I am cool with free trade and many of the economic benefits that Europe brings but I do not like it when the EU starts trying to enforce new laws in our country. For example the EU have been telling us we have to give people in prison the vote. My response mide your own bloody bussiness.

Just like to say this is not directed at you perosnaly.

That's kinda the point. As far as I know the idea is to slowly nudge everything together until Europe is essentially just one big country.

henritje:
The Netherlands.
I think it,s interesting Europa has the largest user base I always thought most members came from the US.

It could also be that people not from the US are more inclined to vote in a poll about where they're from, because they think their home country is less conventional.

The Dutch, however, are definitely over-represented on the internet though. There are only 16.8 million of us (about 0,25% of the world population, although they probably make out a far larger fraction of the English-speaking people with a broadband connection), yet you see Dutch people pop up almost anywhere.

Gizmo1990:

Only the people who were thrown out of Geography before they were taught world continents. The continent of Europe does not equal the European Union.

OT: Europe, the UK, Britain, England.

Switzerland :D

Matthew94:
Northern Ireland

dont forget champ ! and the Ulster Fry !

Northern California (which is actually central california but there's really not that much north of like napa, sorry people in Humboldt) specifically Oakland. Famous for police shootings. Hella awesome.

I'm in the good ole' US of A. New York to be exact.

Darknacht:
Why is China not an option?

GrimTuesday:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians. I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.

I'm from Washington state in America. No, we don't get lots of rain, its a desert. Also I support The secession of Cascadia then we can seceding from you and form Columbia.

lRookiel:
I'm from England, I'm English, not European!

DanielBrown:
Sweden. Stop bunching us togeather as "Europeans"!

The OP is a Yank.... Did you expect anything else?

A Yank from NJ, wow...

You are both from Europe so you are European.

And quoting a game:
"England is not in Europe actually, Rebecca. We, we tolerate Europe, you know? Like, like a person tolerates herpes."

Matthew94:
Northern Ireland

Oh, ghawd! Potato bread is soooooo good! Why did you have to mention it!

O.P.: I'm from Nebraska, U.S.A. to be specific. I feel like the epitome of the world as it stands today:
Making the transition from isolated tradition to the unified consciousness of the entire globe.
It's not quite working out as well as it should but there's signs of improvement.

I come from a family that holds one of the longest standing bloodlines of farmers of this land. I also realize the implications of theft from the native cultures in this beautiful place.
Deca Seum: At this moment I am the bifurcated god.

Mississippi, USA

Not much to do here but we have some nice scenery.

I live in the great, great state of Kansas.

oh noes you forogts new zealand :/ now I cants vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked