Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

It's currently St. Patrick's Day in Australia and even though I know a few Irish have begun to not care about the holiday because of many reasons, I still have to say you Irish are awesome. What other country has half the world saying because of their great grandmother, twice removed, they're are Irish?

So Escapist what will you be doing on St. Patrick's Day? Be it nothing or just horribly impersonating their accent as fondly as possible.

Me? I'll be finishing the night with some music (Clancy brothers, Dubliners and Dropkick Murphys) ,drinking and watching the funniest show I've ever seen Father Ted.
I know he didn't like the day but to the long since banned Furburt, wherever you may be, have a great day.

Irishman here, sitting on my arse planning out some project work, and going to a supermarket.

Honestly it's just another saturday to me.

Heh... if only tomorrow's England vs Ireland match was today at the Aviva Stadium... that'd be a lively affair, eh?!

And why, for the love of god was I thinking of Lansdowne Road?!?!

Question - just how many Irish people like Guinness?

EDIT - *sigh* derp moment of the day take two...

Aye, happy green day from ya' local Celt.

What am I doing for Paddy's day? Going to watch England beat Ireland in the Six Nations of course!

Also, Wales grand slam (don't spoil the party, France).

I was out last night, so today I'm going to be sitting around nursing a hangover, motivating myself to do some work.

SckizoBoy:
Heh... if only tomorrow's England vs Ireland match was today at the Aviva Stadium... that'd be a lively affair, eh?!

And why, for the love of god was I thinking of Lansdowne Road?!?!

Im Irish and I dont even like alcohol =P About half of everyone I know likes Guinness.

Well, what I do every year. Sit around, play some COD or halo, maybe Madden NFL 12, but in general, nothing.

just goin ta watch football on tv

I'm using it as an excuse to get as many friends as possible to come to the Pub tonight. Due to illness and other things we haven't managed to get together for a nigth out since October, so any excuse will do.

GoaThief:
What am I doing for Paddy's day? Going to watch England beat Ireland in the Six Nations of course!

Also, Wales grand slam (don't spoil the party, France).

This. And the other matches! Only on the telly for me, but I've got roughly my own body weight in alcohol, so it's all good!

Not a fan of the day.People tend to go overboard drinking(even by Irish standards)and there's nearly always trouble before the night is over as a result

Ah yes "St.Patrick". The mythological human who banished all snakes out of 84431 square kilometers of land using a stick.

We have dismissed that claim.

Oh boy, St Patrick's Day, perhaps the most obnoxious holiday of all. I'm staying indoors, plugging my ears, just pretend it's any other day of the year.

I dunno. I'm bound to have some tiny percentile of Irish blood somewhere, like about 99% of all Canadians. Yes. Even our immigrants from Lebanon have Irish blood. Don't ask me how, I don't know.

Being silly is fun.

Considering that, I'll try and see if I can't get some zombie fly-girls.

In America, we update our Facebook, wear green, and go out drinking.
I am not of drinking age yet, so I'll just conquer Ireland in Medieval 2 Total War.
Oh, I also have to write 3 pages of an essay regarding the environmental situation regarding nuclear power.

Hohoho!!

Sorry Ben Morgan & Co kinda ruined your day! =P

Working until ten. Then exercising. Then maybe hanging out with a friend and watching "Leprechaun", because I love trashy horror.

Watching Black Books(Dylan Moran's Irish, it counts), drinking, learning a few Irish songs on guitar and unfortunately, revising for exams next week.

I did want to go out and drink copious amounts of Guinness but due to work I didn't have much time to plan anything so instead I stayed at home and drank copious amounts of Guinness :D

I just got Borderlands, which totally counts.

Ireland absolutely manshamed on Plastic Paddy's day by the English and Wales win the Grand Slam.

Perfect!

Irishman here,

Marched in the parade today (my local town) with my reserve unit. Had a nice meal, now heading out for a few pints. Tomorrow is sunday so i can quite happily sleep in tomorrow

GoaThief:
Ireland absolutely manshamed on Plastic Paddy's day by the English and Wales win the Grand Slam.

Perfect!

does it annoy you that saint george's day passes by completely unnoticed?

SckizoBoy:

Love it.

Irishman here. I'm currently browsing the internet, waiting for my mates to show up so the drinking may commence. They're currently 24 minutes late.

woooo! St.Patricks day! Thank you Ireland for giving us Americans a day to have fun and drink!

You know, ive been told today is St.Patrick's day by 3 different people, and each time i forgot 5 minutes later.

I dont see a real point to it. >.>; Its a completely pointless holiday to me, because i hate alcohol of all forms. Just the smell of most drinks makes me want to puke.

You know what i did for my 21st birthday? Ate turkey. Because all the bars around here were closed for Thanksgiving. But you know what i did the day after? I went to the nearest bar, ordered the highest selling bear, chugged it in one go, went out back, threw it up, and told the guy at the bar he will never see me again, and thanks for the beer. Even tipped. $10. No reason to, just said "for your troubles", and left. Didnt even wait for him to thank me.

So, i'll probably never remember this holiday exists, and 5 minutes from now, im going to forget again.

But since im here, Happy St. Patrick's day everyone :D Try not to get to "Smashed", "Hammered", "Blasted", "Crocked" or "Toasted".

chiefohara:

does it annoy you that saint george's day passes by completely unnoticed?

Saint who? Iechyd da ffrind, Guinness going down a treat.

Happy St. Patrick's day! I'm half in the bag now, and I plan to get worse later this evening. Eventually I'll bust out into some tunes. I know Finnegan's Wake and a song called Paddy's Lament off by heart. Now I'm off to tell my friend he can't play because he's Dutch. Ha!

Say it's a lame ass excuse for every college student to get drunk and make bad choices. Even though I usually have plans, I have kind of cut myself off from friends. All the drunk driving and women spreading their legs and getting pregnant, makes me glad I don't care anymore. Not really bitter, it's more like turning the other cheek towards my fellow man. Basically used to give a shit, not anymore. After time goes by for most of you, you won't care anymore either. The excuse to get drunk will be every day of the week once you find out you won't be living your life dreams. Every time I hear a young person get happy about these kinds of holidays, I start to laugh. Maybe I will buy a bottle of Jack Daniels and stay indoors. After all, the bars are just money traps with no real payoff. Not going to get laid as much as you think you are when you go to the bars.

Shawn MacDonald:

- snip -
- really depressing quote -

Jesus Christ! I think you need to go out and enjoy Saint Patrick's day a bit, more than anyone else here. Pretend you're Irish and cheers a person or two, maybe it will make that dreary world of yours a little brighter.

McShizzle:

Shawn MacDonald:

- snip -
- really depressing quote -

Jesus Christ! I think you need to go out and enjoy Saint Patrick's day a bit, more than anyone else here. Pretend you're Irish and cheers a person or two, maybe it will make that dreary world of yours a little brighter.

Sorry but being a drunk doushbag is not going to cheer me up. Even I have a hard time believing this imaginary world your living in where everyone is friendly on Saint Pattys. After all, sometimes being around people is not the answer. Not sure why every single person on the planet thinks that in order to be happy, you should hang around drunks. Been there, and I have done that. After all, I am not depressed. That seems to be the generic response from most people. Everyone see's a post like this, your sad. My personality is not to be sad anymore. After all, I am in a state of mind to just go with the flow. Not depressed, I just don't give a shit anymore.

Despite being Irish, St. Patrick's Day doesn't affect me at all. I have no interest in the drinking tradition and no interest in the "wasn't that christian jerk so great for stamping out the little country's culture" part. I don't go to the Parade, but it's actually pretty cool, I always watch it on TV. The floats are always so creative and artistic.

I like it as a general celebration of Irish culture but I rarely do stuff on the day.

I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day much. I got fairly drunk for my birthday on friday so i'm avoiding the alcohol at the moment, I'll probably just listen to a bit of irish/irish influenced music like Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys.

I just left the pub where all my friends and I have been camped for the whole day to buy a green t-shirt.

In a couple of minutes, I'll be going back out into the fray!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked