Fictional Universes That You Would Live In

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Pretty simple. Name a fictional universe you would love to live in. But keep in mind that you would still be you and would have to live within the rules of that universe.

That means if you choose to live in a universe like DBZ, you would still be you and powerless. You could argue that you could train to be strong like the heroes, but at best you would probably only be as strong as Yamcha or Krillen. If you were lucky. In all likelihood you'd be weaker than Mr. Satan.

Star Wars? Fine, but you most likely aren't Force sensitive. And even if you are, no Jedi would train you as you are to old. Maybe a Sith would, but good luck finding one and surviving. And, once more, you likely wouldn't be a Master or anything similar. Most likely you could join the military or work in a cantina. Get lucky enough to buy a ship, maybe you can be a smuggler.

My Little Pony? You're not a pony! Literally the only human in a world filled with talking magical ponies.

So, what universe would I choose?

The Yugi-Oh universe. Why? First, it's pretty similar to our own, so there wouldn't be that much to adapt to. Also the technology seems fairly advanced. Slightly more so than our own. Think about it, they use holograms to play a card game. What's more this card game is used to settle disputes all the time, and is widely played. And I'm actually pretty good at the game (though I haven't played in years and don't even have any cards anymore). And in this universe you never see people using extremely cheap instant win strategies (which I hate), so I'd fit right in. So I could live pretty similar to I do now, and probably be a pretty well known and respected player. Might even be able to earn a living off a card game, too. Worse case scenario, I live similar to I do now, and can play a card game with highly advanced holograms.

So, what about you Escapists?

I'd live on the Discworld. Seems to be one of the less dangerous universes. And if I do die, at most I'll just be annoyed instead of terrified.

I want to live on my normal Paradise for me. a HD Flatscreen with PS3 and Xbox 360. A veeeeery fast internet connection. The most comfortable couch ever. Tonnes of Games. A Alienware PC next to it with my favorite PC games. and a snack counter for all of my snacking needs. Include Random changing enviroments and flying colors = MY PARADISE.

Thats a Fictional Universe that i want to be in.

The Pokemon world seems pleasant enough. I mean, it has pretty much all the technological advances the real world has, it seems to be fairly peaceful and you can keep a pet that can set people you don't like on fire. Sounds good to me.

Pancho Agdeppa:
I want to live on my normal Paradise for me. a HD Flatscreen with PS3 and Xbox 360. A veeeeery fast internet connection. The most comfortable couch ever. Tonnes of Games. A Alienware PC next to it with my favorite PC games. and a snack counter for all of my snacking needs. Include Random changing enviroments and flying colors = MY PARADISE.

Okay, that deserves this.

Add in unlimited money (to buy games, food, and pay bills) and I think I would change my answer to yours.

Pokemon,

A rather large world with Super powered animals that have the intelligence of a 6 year old. They are best friends (usually) with us Humans. We work together and do things like competitive battling. In the Pokemon world, all problems are first world problems, there is no gang violence, gun murder, and the people are all friendly. The criminal organizations only use Zubat, Glameow, and Poochyenas so that makes them relatively beatable by anyone.

And on top of that, its like 30 years in the future in terms of technology.

And pollution hardly exists.

I pretty much win this thread

It would be one of these three-

Regular Show. Probably the most mudane out of the three well except sometime it could be the end of the world. Now the reason why I may want to lived in that universe is due to the fact you will get the most easiest job ever (Park Keeper) seeing how almost anyone can do a better job comapre to Mordecai Rigby unless you're a slacker yourself.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. Your life in that universe will be one big adventure so you will never be bored. Also in this universe you get to live out your dream of being a hero in a fantasy like world like Skyrim or Dragon Age well ok it can be wacky and random compared to the game.

My Little Pony: Friend is Magic. Yes I would be the only human in a talking animal world HOWEVER from what I've seen so far you won't have to be afraid of death from famine, conflict (war) and etc (yes concept of death had been seen in season 2). It's the most peaceful without it being boring. I may be the only human but I don't think they will view me as a freak or monster well maybe overtime but what the worse they can do to me? Banish me to the moon or lock me in a dungeon?

Pancho Agdeppa:

I've spotted a flaw in that plan... even if Dell customer support was in your paradise you'd be raging at your computer half the time, not gaming. Unless you're one of those lucky buggers who's had the extreme fortune of purchasing a functioning Alienware...

OT: Aqua... 'tis as carefree as you can be without any jerks (except me) around. But the 'nice' will wear on me, but I wouldn't mind.

Damn, Pokemon's already been taken.

Ok, my next bet would be Narnia, because apart from the odd moments that the land is in peril (and in the several thousand years history of the world that is like, 5 times) the place is an absolute paradise. It's a medieval land without any of the downsides, magical animals take care of all the crops and important stuff, so your life will literally consist of spending all day every day dicking around a forest with fantasy creatures until you pass away quietly of old age in your sleep.

That's a fantistic life.

I'd be totally normal in that world? As in, if I go to a magical world, I can't learn magic? Screw FFTA Ivalice, then. I'd get my ass handed to me and get kicked out of a clan before I could say "kupo".

Well, in that case I'd say Pokemon.

You don't need any special skills to stay alive, you just catch the monsters that you want to use, and use 'em. And since I'm slowly starting to understand the whole competitive angle, then I think I'd do OK in battles.

Besides, I'd get to hang out with a team of badass monster friends! That would be neat!

Also, money doesn't seem to be that big of a problem in there, for some reason. So I'd be OK on that front.

A close second would be the world of Reccettear, assuming I could run an item shop not too far from a convenient dungeon for free loot.

Terminate421:

there is no gang violence

Team rocket would like to have a word with you...They kidnap pokemon, KILL pokemon, trap old wise men in haunted towers, perform hostile takeovers of companies LITERALLY (as in they actually take over the place), and try to turn pokemon into their own personal weapons!

Oh and the police are generally useless, picking fights with kids after dark, rather than looking for and arresting criminals.

So yeah, if it weren't for the frontier justice dispensed by Ace trainers, the world would be in trouble.

*coughKOFFINGcough*

But yeah it is one of the best fantasy worlds ever.

Scarim Coral:
I may be the only human but I don't think they will view me as a freak or monster well maybe overtime but what the worse they can do to me? Banish me to the moon or lock me in a dungeon?

According to the MLP-Pheonix Wright crossover (that's pretty dman good, actually), you'd be ok.

Yeah, everyone would gawk at you for a while, but you probably wouldn't be oppressed.

aegix drakan:
I'd be totally normal in that world? As in, if I go to a magical world, I can't learn magic? Screw FFTA Ivalice, then. I'd get my ass handed to me and get kicked out of a clan before I could say "kupo".

Well, as I tried to explain, you have to play by the rules of that universe. So if a normal person could learn magic, then yes you could learn magic. But if you have to be born with the ability, that is kinda iffy. Also, keep in mind that would require you to take the time to learn it. Meaning that if it takes years, you won't be able to pick it up in five minutes.

If memory serves, FFT was set up so that anyone could learn magic. I think in the original, with Ramza, anyone could use magic, but they might have had to study to do so. Especially the FFT Advanced games. Didn't the main character in one of them literally just appear in Ivalice and start using magic and such? I'm not sure if that was a big deal or not.

Mitsudomoe! The cutest of all possible worlds!

Oh, and Mario. I can just imagine partaking in a real Mario Party. My head would hurt from hitting the dice, though...and the mini games would be horribly dangerous...Maybe Mario isn't for me.

I have to agree with the people that say Pokemon. It's pretty much a utopia most of the time, and the rest of the time you are saving the world with your animal buddies.

Say the Pokemon universe. Eventually I would have better Pokemon than everybody because they mostly suck on the show. A water type with 3 water type moves, come on. Now after I became champ, I would probably seek out something else to do. Be cool to set up an evil organization that would really be a threat. After all, there are no guns in the Pokemon universe, so the threat of being shot is out. Their police force is a joke. Even hire Jesse and James, so long as they don't go after Ash's Pikachu. My first order of business is to get my men with Pokemon that have good coverage with their movesets. After we all have our team of six, we launch our attacks all over the world. Nothing like the champ going on a rampage with his evil henchmen.

Anno 2070.
Dear god the entire place looks like utopia

I would say Mass Effect, preferably AFTER the Reapers show up and are killed...and where long range FTL is still possible.

Well like it's been said, the Pokemon world would be awesome.

I would also like to go into the Kingdom Hearts world. There, who knows, I could be a Keyblader. I could also learn to build gummi ships and travel to all the worlds and beat up Disney villians. That would be awesome. Or hell I'd just stay on Radiant Garden and become friends with Leon and Aerith and so on.

aegix drakan:

Well, in that case I'd say Pokemon.

You don't need any special skills to stay alive, you just catch the monsters that you want to use, and use 'em. And since I'm slowly starting to understand the whole competitive angle, then I think I'd do OK in battles.

Besides, I'd get to hang out with a team of badass monster friends! That would be neat!

Also, money doesn't seem to be that big of a problem in there, for some reason. So I'd be OK on that front.

A close second would be the world of Reccettear, assuming I could run an item shop not too far from a convenient dungeon for free loot.

Terminate421:

there is no gang violence

Team rocket would like to have a word with you...They kidnap pokemon, KILL pokemon, trap old wise men in haunted towers, perform hostile takeovers of companies LITERALLY (as in they actually take over the place), and try to turn pokemon into their own personal weapons!

Oh and the police are generally useless, picking fights with kids after dark, rather than looking for and arresting criminals.

So yeah, if it weren't for the frontier justice dispensed by Ace trainers, the world would be in trouble.

*coughKOFFINGcough*

But yeah it is one of the best fantasy worlds ever.

I meant to say like shooting and stuff. Not to say guns don't exist but you can walk down the street and know someone won't pop a cap in your head and loot you.

You would need prior knowledge of how to live...I also forgot to mention either the world is larger or there are a lot less roads because cars exist but there are few actual roads. That's why there isn't much road kill in the pokemon world.

As for special skills, you don't want to go into the forest and assume you can take on a scolipede.

I would live in the Mass Effect universe after Shepard has saved us all from the reapers yet somehow kept the Citadel and Relays intact. I would either be a Quarion or Geth. Quarion probably. Make things more interesting.

Soviet Heavy:
I'd live on the Discworld. Seems to be one of the less dangerous universes. And if I do die, at most I'll just be annoyed instead of terrified.

This. This so much. Who cares if i don't have magic? My legs are as good as Rincewind's. Though I'd probably just join the Watch or something. Vimes is a decent boss.

An d i dare someone to say the universe of Warhammer 40k. Go on. I dare you.

Pokemon. Just Pokemon.

Assuming I'm not granted the ability to fly a ship like a badass, I don't want to live in the Freelancer world.

Soviet Heavy:

This is definitely my second choice after the world of Pokémon.
Living in a world where everyone is a lovely, sweet, charming and helpful person (apart from a small rag-tag group of misfits) sounds like heaven... or Canada. The rag-tag misfits being Cancer Bats, of course.

Well since I can't get super powers and I can still be myself, the only logical option would be... "School Rumble"! I mean, if I were still in high school, the world would be a lot more fun to live in.

After a few minutes of consideration, I've made my choice.

Mister Bubbles! I wanna go hug Mister Bubbles!

I'd choose to live in the future presented to us by Ghost in the Shell, there's really nothing there that would be unattainable to someone resourceful enough. Even if joining an elite group like Section 9 is unreachable it's still possible to get a prosthetic body and cyber-brain, which means access to the net anywhere you go without having to lug around any external device.

The universe in the Culture series. Post want, post anything threatening apart from isolated cases. What is there to dislike?

Possibly My Little Pony, because that world seems generally a good place to be, and to the extent that I'd be a freak there, it'd mostly be as an interesting oddity. "5 bits to see the hairless ape! Roll up, roll up!" - being a freakshow is probably a pretty sweet gig as long as you can make sure your share of the take is reasonable. On top of that, I could spend time trying to upgrade the low-tech parts of the schizo tech they have, and possibly learn enough to get other elements upgraded too.
Only thing I have to worry about is making sure nopony ever finds out humans are omnivores. Or just make sure it gets explained by the means least likely to result in my death by angry mob, depends on whether any of the animals Fluttershy cares for turn out to be carnivorous.

Alternately, I might go with the setting of the Culture series by Iain M. Banks. I'm sure if I was just dropped there I'd be able to join, and susequently have a pretty awesome life. Unless this just results in me getting dropped randomly on Earth at some time covered by the Culture series (which is hundreds of years and might land me in the 19th century).

And on that note, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Meet The Robinsons both have awesome futures, so if I end up in those time periods of the settings, things can be pretty good.

Also, possibly Minecraft, because I can rule a world hundreds of times larger than Earth is.

Maybe the Artemis Fowl setting, because that's basically this same Earth, except for the super-technologically-advanced civilization of Fairies. So then I'd just be me, in my normal life, but with secret knowledge about said civilization, and in-depth knowledge about the only humans to contact them without memory wipes. Let the games begin. *Kira laugh*

I'd probably have to spend a few days thinking on it and planning if presented with this offer. So many choices.

Da Orky Man:

An d i dare someone to say the universe of Warhammer 40k. Go on. I dare you.

Or of course, I could just go to the 40K universe, because then when my choice inevitably results in a horrible, horrible screaming painful ouchie death, I won't be surprised when it happens.

Mass Effect 1

I sign up to be a colonist, go out to Zhu's Hope, hope Commander Shepard's taking the Paragon route, then try to hook up with a green asari.

If I could use magic, the Dresden Files Universe...

If not, Ghost In The Shell, gotta love the cyber brain idea.

Fallout!

Preferably during the events of Fallout 3 because hey, the Capital Wasteland is awesome...As to why I've chosen the Fallout universe, well, no one in it is a super human. You could argue that the Lone Wanderer goes from 'Zero to Hero' which is what almost anyone could do if they were placed in that universe...assuming of course they were dropped in Megaton first, whored themselves out for a gun, then went training...yeaaahhhh...

Either Pokemon, because it's an easy choice.

Or One Piece, because I get to be a pirate. And all I need is to each a fruit to gain super powers. And it's not just limited to those kind of powers either.

The planet Caprica in the show with the same name. Right there at the peak of technological development. Holobands also look very neat.

Not a pony, eh?
Fuck it, I'd still go. It's not like they're going to perform gruesome tests on me like what would happen if a pony were to enter our world. I'm sure Twilight would do some research on me and I would be free to leave, and I could help out with stuff that requires hands in case a non-unicorn needs help carrying or using something.
I could hang with Lyra, everypony would grow to accept me and I'd live happily ever after...
Ahh...
Come on science, I'm not asking for much. Just an inter-dimensional portal to Equestria, thas'all!

Pokemon. No excessive danger, and awesome pets with magical storage containers. Either that or maybe Kingkiller Chronicle series, because I have enough education to enter the academy, if at a high tuition, and it is possible for anyone to learn sympathy, and sympathy is badass.

Pokemon, Star Trek and Mass Effect are the ones that instantly spring to mind.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked