What superpower would you have?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I have though about this a little bit since i do read a lot of Comic Books.
I thought flying would be a great 1 but i have never been that good at heights. Also it is dangerous and just because you can fly doesn't mean your strong and can fight.

I think if i could have a power it would be a healing factor like Deadpool or Wolverine. To be able to get shot in the head or heart then live. To lose a finger and have it grow back like Hawk can do from the DC Comics Hawk & Dove.

Anyway what would your superpower be?

The ability to control Lightning/Electricity, I could be a real life Cole from Infamous man, that would be awesome.

Then I would save the world and be badass while doing it.

Mind control. Just mind control.

/thread.

Can't decide, too many to pick from I guess it would either be energy manipulation or maybe time and space (like Hiro from Heroes).

Telekinesis. Think of those times when you're snuggling on the sofa with your other half and you think "could really do with a coffee" or "where's the remote?" but you don't want to get up. Telekinesis is the answer.

Healing. It is the most beneficial to me, the community, and it is the easiest way to profit (if you're one of those 'sell-out' types) from the power itself. Easily, it can save more lives than any other power I can think of. And working up the resulting cult following and power complex accommodating it is always a nice thing.

Alternatively, The ability to control technology would also house an optimal opportunity to change the world for the better. It's primary use (or misuse) would be messing around with digital banking. Steal from the rich, give to the poor. De-fund the neer-do-wells and their causes, alter criminal records and judicial reports. Right all the wrongs in the system. Make a bit of money on the side. Corrupt yourself with power. Blow up entire countries just because you feel about it. It's all for the betterment of humanity.

Also, invincibility would be nice.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I like to drink my tea when it is really hot. Sometimes you make a great cup of tea and take only a couple of sips and then you are distracted by something and don't get back to your tea for a few minutes and *bam* it's cooled down. i mean, not cold, and still well above room temperature, but just not that super hot deliciousness that you got from the first mouthful or two. I am meticulous about warming through my cup first to maximise the heat retention of my favourite beverage, but often to no avail. I find this especially trying at work where it is near impossible to be left alone for 5 minutes to savour an excellent cup of tea. Sometimes I might make 5 or 6 cups throughout the course of the day and only get to drink a few sips out of each before they are unacceptably cool. I know what some of you might say "get a better insulated vessel, like a vacuum flask". Well I don't want to drink that much tea, besides who wants to drink out of a flask, what I want is the superpower to be able to make sure my cup of tea retains the heat of a newly boiled kettle, that would be superb.

werty10089:
Healing. It is the most beneficial to me, the community, and it is the easiest way to profit (if you're one of those 'sell-out' types) from the power itself. Easily, it can save more lives than any other power I can think of. And working up the resulting cult following and power complex accommodating it is always a nice thing.

Alternatively, The ability to control technology would also house an optimal opportunity to change the world for the better. It's primary use (or misuse) would be messing around with digital banking. Steal from the rich, give to the poor. De-fund the neer-do-wells and their causes, alter criminal records and judicial reports. Right all the wrongs in the system. Make a bit of money on the side. Corrupt yourself with power. Blow up entire countries just because you feel about it. It's all for the betterment of humanity.

Also, invincibility would be nice.

Good thinking. But other countries would try to assassinate you. Surely?

The ability to never need sleep and not feel any bad effects from it.

Think of it, I'll never be tired again, I have an extra 8 hours or so every day to do stuff, and it won't be a power that will draw attention and lead to Mulder and Scully knocking on my door.

Hero in a half shell:
The ability to never need sleep and not feel any bad effects from it.

Think of it, I'll never be tired again, I have an extra 8 hours or so every day to do stuff, and it won't be a power that will draw attention and lead to Mulder and Scully knocking on my door.

I thought about that. But you would run out of stuff to do eventually. Would be hard to have a relationship. No sleeping next to each other etc. Thats like closeness haha

The ability to create any weapon, from any time period, real or fiction, just by thinking about said weapon. Commence the assault on the worlds dictators with an infinte ammo laser rifle from Star Wars, GO!

The ability to draw anything and it comes out alive. Just imagine drawing chocolate and eating right off the paper :D

I'd like superhuman healing, like you said, like Wolverine has. But, I'd also want some super strength to go with that.

It would have to be something subtle. Something like being able to cause hallucinations and to enter the dreams of others.

I'd like to go with an advanced healing factor but that would make getting drunk pretty much impossible. The logical conclusion would be to obtain some kind of power mimicry/absorption so that I can benefit from everybody else's powers.

Ah well, the ability to manipulate all forms of matter on a subatomic level - like Molecule Man does - would be nice indeed.

Super dense body mass like Luke Cage. Super strength and practically invulnerable. I reckon that would be all I need.

After much thought, It's come down to one of three powers.
1) Absolute shape-shifting. If I think about it, I can turn into it. This includes a bucket of water, a t-rex, or even a slightly different looking version of me. Furthermore, I would be able to do things like, say, alter the size of my larynx, so's to give myself a deeper voice Awwww yeah.

2) Mastery over gravity. I could have entirely too much fun with this. Falling = flying. Make myself slightly lighter and I can run faster, or heavier for weight training. Yeah, way too much fun.

3) Mastery over sound. With a bit of imagination, this could be one of the most versatile, potentially destructive powers a human being could harness. Consider: An ultra-low frequency wave through the trunk nerve in the armpit would send the whole body's nervous system into a temporary shock, causing the person to all but collapse for a period of time based on the volume. On a similar note, I can essentially soften a person's muscles, making them entirely too weak to do just about anything.
Against people with mental powers, I can massively disorient them by vibrating the inner ear. Nausea, dizziness, and all that fun shtick. Any attempt at using said mental powers would be a crap shoot.

captcha: back track, appropriate, since the post error'd and made me go back and do this again.

Mind controll. Of the subtle compulsion type. Politicians worldwide will be struck by a terribe afliction called honesty.

Teleportation of some kind sounds cool. Either that or having total control and understanding of my body. That second one would make working out a sinch! Or to be a Changeling fron D&D. That one would be fun.

WoW Killer:
Telekinesis. Think of those times when you're snuggling on the sofa with your other half and you think "could really do with a coffee" or "where's the remote?" but you don't want to get up. Telekinesis is the answer.

YES! Telekinesis is the ultimate lazy superpower!

i would have to go with telekinesis or being able to form weapons off of my body like the T-1000 from terminator 2

The power from the film Jumper. Would be too much fun, TOO MUCH.

Invisibility and telekinesis would suit me.

X-ray vision. No prizes for guessing what I'd use it for.

The perfect ending one. You can see all possible paths to take, every move you make being the one you determine to be the best.

You never lose anything.

The power of being ridiculously rich. That'd be useful.

Of all the superpowers out there, telekinesis is the one that has fascinated me the most. I don't want conventional telekinesis, though, since that would just mean an extra, invisible hand of mine. I dividing this one power into three superpowers:

Microtelekinesis, the ability to fully monitor, understand and control microscopic, e.g. atomic and molecular phenomena. A lot of scientific fields, especially medical, would benefit highly from such powers. One with such ability, would make wise choice studying cellular physiology, because she will eventually find the key to longevity.

Macrotelekinesis, the ability to fully control objects larger and heavier than myself without physical exertion. Someone with such powers would be the greatest constructor and transporter ever known.

Telekinesis development, i.e. the ability to improve my telekinetic precision and multi-tasking. It'd be a shame having microtelekinetic powers, only to find out I can only move one atom at a time. Or with macrotelekinesis, having a way too large margin of error when placing down large objects.

Forlong:
X-ray vision. No prizes for guessing what I'd use it for.

I don't want any, and besides, you'd only be able to see their skeletons. Also, everyone you'd see when you've got x-ray vision activated would die from radiation poisoning.

Either: Super strength/Invincibility I mean you'd be practically unstoppable a wrecking ball.

Or: Intangibility. You can phase threw objects, people, nothing could touch you plus no where would be off limits to you.

The ability to see through the veil of time. With this power I would be able to see anything that has ever happened in the past, and anything that could possibly happen in the distant future and will happen in the near future. I would be able to see to the beginning of time then to trillions of years into the future faster than you could blink. I would be able to learn from long dead masters, and create technology eons ahead of its time. Plus I could make a fortune gambling.

The ability to interface with machines with my mind. I don't know what you'd call that, cyber-telepathy? Well whatever, that way I could make computers and other machines do whatever I want them to do just by thinking about it.

I'd have one of the most powerful, useful and dangerous fictional superpowers of all time.

I give you

I always have trouble explaining just what his power his, it's something you have to see for your self to understand just how awesome it is. However I will post this extract from his profile page hopefully that will give some insight.

The best of it is he has a few weaknesses, so it's not entirely overpowered just really strong.

The ability to successfully predict lottery numbers would be all the power that I need.

If that isn't available, the ability to punch people in the junk over the internet would be a close second. Not having to endure trolls and morons would be a nice consolation prize.

Well, obviously the power I'd choose if that question isn't qualified at all would be omnipotence. Only an idiot (or a moral coward) would choose otherwise.

Now, if we make it fair - so each power is actually balanced against one another, and massively overpowered ones either simply aren't an option or their drawbacks really ruin your day, like if you pick omnipotence then your vulnerabilities are the colours yellow AND blue, or you're still omnipotent while you're dreaming and thus the first time you get a nightmare you'll be eaten in your sleep by gibbering horrors from the obsidian darkness between the worlds (and/or the stay-puft marshmallow man) - then I'd probably go with the power to split myself into clones if the power level we're working on is relatively low, or the power to stop time if it's relatively high.

But yeah, if you don't say something about balance, the superpower question is a bit exploitable.

Hafrael:

NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED MASS EFFECT 3

god maybe I should just quit this site til I have. Not much else is going on...

Reality warping

The power to alter anything and anything, from turning bunnies into lions to making it rain penises.
Anyone guess what I would do with it?
Chocolate raining cotton candy clouds, because who wouldn't want that?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked