10% (9)
10% (9)
Other (tell us!)
25.6% (23)
25.6% (23)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Your favourite types of jokes.

I'm extremely bored and need a laugh.

What better way than to ask you guys to tell me some jokes? So what are your favourite types of jokes? And reveal your favourite joke of that type!

I love literal jokes, such as...

What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?

We are both lawyers.

I love all kinds of jokes, but mostly dark humor and dirty jokes

Word play. Go watch pretty much anything with Groucho Marx in it. His wit, timing, and command of language are second to none.

My favourite jokes? Jokes that make fun of real life situations and things. Stuff that George Carlin or Bill Hicks did for instance. Lewis Black is decent too, but a bit less for me.

Overall, jokes that don't get their 'funny' from degrading others or yourself are the best to me. "Wim Zonneveld" was awesome, but he's a dutch comedian and already passed away many years ago so I doubt that's of any help.

Probably racist jokes for me. Dark humour as well, but I guess they more or less tie in together.

sanquin:
My favourite jokes? Jokes that make fun of real life situations and things. Stuff that George Carlin or Bill Hicks did for instance. Lewis Black is decent too, but a bit less for me.

Overall, jokes that don't get their 'funny' from degrading others or yourself are the best to me. "Wim Zonneveld" was awesome, but he's a dutch comedian and already passed away many years ago so I doubt that's of any help.

Pretty much this. I am not big into slap stick or (haha he said penis a bunch of times). I like taking real life problems and turning them on their head. Like Lewis Black on the politicians and terrorist. http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/80765/detail/

My favourite are comedy songs. Anything by Tim Minchin or Bo Burnham is good. I also like dark one liners about real life things (did you hear about the cheese grater Ray charles got for Christmas?? Most violent book he ever read)

For me anythign goes as long as the situation is right, or should I say not wrong!

Puns. The cringeworthier the better. I was going to think of a pun but they don't really work as well unless they come naturally.

Anything that's not politically correct. I'd give an example, but I don't want to get banned.

Just about any jokes, although knock-knock jokes are a bit boring.

Although I suppose puns and sex jokes are better. Okay, the punny ones are actually worse, but I think a groan and a laugh are equally good responses to a joke, the only bad jokes are the ones that result in silence.

Captcha: bread of life
Jokes are(/humour is) the bread of life, I guess?

This is England! Everyone enjoys a bit of casual racism around here!

My favourite types of jokes are Dark humour/Racism/Dirty

Basically, anything Frankie Boyle says is funny as hell, and crosses so many lines.

My favourite types of jokes are word play, for example:

"Karl Marx's grave... is it a Communist plot?"

"I really don't like the abundance of animated avatars on The Escapist... I'm wary of geeks bearing gifs".

While word play types of jokes do involve puns, they're not necessarily limited to just puns.

One of my favourite comedy characters is Count Arthur Strong, an senile raconteur with delusions of grandeur who often confuses homophones or just plain uses the wrong words (often in an attempt to sound more learned than he actually is). Similar characters from videogames would be Lord Rugdumph (Oblivion), Qui the Promoter (Jade Empire) and Barnum (Fable 2).

edit

They tend to be ones that make me laugh, funnily enough. :3

The random and out of the blue ones. Or just the moments when you mishear things and it turns out funny.

gotta go for dark humor, all the way. can't beat a good load of offending people

Aris Khandr:
Word play. Go watch pretty much anything with Groucho Marx in it. His wit, timing, and command of language are second to none.

Him and Abbot & Costello are my favorites. It is a grave shame most people have no idea who he is nor do they know that Who is on first and What is on 2nd.

I get a laugh at any different kind of jokes well except for ones that are offensive (racist, dead babies and etc).

Don't ask me why, I love incredably lame jokes like:

Racist jokes are funny, get over it:

Or really harsh jokes:

Racist/Dark humor. Pretty much anything that can offend people. Although I like when you combine racist/dark humor with everyday life situations. Louis C.K. does it beautifully.

I sove situational humour... humour found in everyday things... funny stories, or things that actually happened/happens! Stand up is the best place for this...

I absolutely love Michael McIntyre when he does his bit on why Tractors, that are made for driving on fields, insist on driving very slowly in front of you, on a road, next to the field!!

I also like dark/black humour, commonly found in the UK with programmes like Peep Show and the Inbetweeners!

Finally I do love some clever wordplay and one liners... Milton Jones is my favourite one liners gag artist!

Dead baby jokes, they make me feel bad and good at the same time

Dark humour can be really awesome.

Like that time one of my friends said that there had been a shootout on a Finnish school and 1 student was killed. A female friend of mine said "Oh my god, that's horrible. If it were me I would have made sure to kill more than one!"

Word play, puns, dark humor, and science jokes.

Like, little 3 got a new friend, sqrt(-1). Why can't anyone see him? Because that's an imaginary number, duh.

Anti-Joke Chicken is my favorite!

I love dark and offensive jokes. Offbeat are pretty good too, but most of the time they don't translate well from text or a skit to a joke.

BathorysGraveland:
Probably racist jokes for me. Dark humour as well, but I guess they more or less tie in together.

Woah. I did Nazi that one coming.

BathorysGraveland:

you would get a kick out of this then... I can listen to it all day and it still makes me smile everytime

Puns and word play.

Especially:
A duck walks into a store and says, "Give me some Chap Stick."
The clerk asks, "Do you have money to pay for that?"
The duck says, "No, just put it on my bill"

What did the ocean say to the shore? Nothing, it just waved.

maddness666:
Puns. The cringeworthier the better. I was going to think of a pun but they don't really work as well unless they come naturally.

Puns are fantastic I agree. But I also agree that they only work if they come naturally.

Word-play, one liners, or Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman jokes

lRookiel:
This is England! Everyone enjoys a bit of casual racism around here!

My favourite types of jokes are Dark humour/Racism/Dirty

Basically, anything Frankie Boyle says is funny as hell, and crosses so many lines.

I can't stand Frankie Boyle.

OT: I like surrealism, like Monty Python, sketch comedy and musical jokes, like songs by Bill Bailey and Tim Minchin. Those types of things never fail to make me laugh.

Dry and ironic humour, and also dark but not dirty.

I'm a fan a variety of types but Dark Humour is probably my favourite.

Ectoplasmicz:
I love literal jokes, such as...

What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?

We are both lawyers.

Yeah, I like those, although I voted ironic in the poll, which I think also covers some of the same ground. I think you might like some of these jokes from excellent 1990's/early 2000's British Teletext gaming magazine Digitiser, well known for surreal comedy, the bashing of zealots (who are now known as fanboys), and the eschewing of points-based review systems.

Some examples:

Q: Why do whistles go "wheeee"?
A: Air blows through them.

Q: What did the man say to the waiter?
A: "Hello, dude"!

And my personal favourite:

Q: Why did the doctor observe the patient?
A: No one knows that.

And now I am driven to post a few clips of the closest my favourite comedian Stewart Lee has come to telling an actual joke, from his early years:

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked