I can't believe I'm letting this happen to me...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Okay, for a post, I needed a rimshot clip. I knew there were plenty on YouTube, so I looked. The first really good one I found was from "My Little Pony". I thought, what the hell, people on this site use screenshots of that show as avatars, so it will be extra funny if I do that. But, like a drug, I couldn't just watch that one video. No, I had to check out two or three related videos and found "My Little Pony" to be actually quite funny. Now I'm considering watching the series. Is this a wise decision? Will I have to turn in my balls?

Half of the internet will welcome you as a brother. Half will decry your choice in entertainment should you choose to voice it. Half will be utterly indifferent. Half will be a tad disturbed by the choice, but otherwise have no real opinion. And 1/4 will complain about improper fractions.

Why not? There's some fun stuff in there, at least in the first season, I haven't seen much of the second one. I'd advise skipping the call of the cutie one, it's rather grating in my humble opinion.

The bollock hook is on the way out... next to the manhood bin. Don't forget to shred your manpoints loyalty card, as it has just been reset, and is no longer void!

:P

Only kidding, I am not one to judge... I flipping love Wall-e! I just don't like MLP myself!

It's just a cartoon, so watch it if you want. It's not like you're watching german midget furry bondage or something weird like that. :P

That is, until you start 'fanboying' over it towards others. Like posting pony pics and talking about how great the show is online. That's when you cross the line for me.

I personally didn't care for it, but seriously, what the hell could you possibly lose by giving it a try?
Well only about 20 minutes of a day but if you're trying that you probably had nothing better to do anyway, so yeah I'd suggest you try it, if you like it you will be happy you did.

ITS A TRAP!

OT: the nothing wrong with it , in moderation ( funny thing to say about a tv show). For some reason, many people are getting addicted to it . Don't let the innocent look of the drug show fool you , it's more addictive that crack .

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This is the part where I roll my eyes, walk away, and wonder to myself why you think your brony conversion was any different than the (literally) hundreds of other threads we've had.

Really people, we don't need a thread! I became a brony without even thinking about making a thread.

So, you're thinking of becoming a brony, huh? Well, expect to lose these:

- Your sense of humor (if you have one)
- The credibility of your opinions
- your individuality

Have fun!

Hal10k:
Half of the internet will welcome you as a brother. Half will decry your choice in entertainment should you choose to voice it. Half will be utterly indifferent. Half will be a tad disturbed by the choice, but otherwise have no real opinion. And 1/4 will complain about improper fractions.

GAH!!! YOU CAN'T HAVE 4 HALVES!! THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE INTERNET SINCE YOU WON THEM ALL!!!

...Sorry about the all-caps. Comic effect. I liked MLP but I'm not 100% gungho about it. I like some of the songs like the Smile Song, Evil Enchantress and, Flim and Flam's Cider Song. I also like the humor but, I'm not obsessing over it like I did as a teenager with Invader Zim.

Wouldn't it be wild if Lauren Faust released a series of surrealist comics about a psychopathic murderer who talks to caricatures of corporate mascots? Just a sudden thought which crossed my mind and nothing more.

Haha, well the show itself is actually very good for a children's show. Really funny. I don't go in for the whole reading and writing fan fictions, and going on the official site every day or the rest of it. (by the way, my username is just what I use on the ps3, and my ps3 account was made by a brony friend who wanted us all to make new accounts, so I agreed)

I hate the word brony.

If you like try it and like it then whoop dee doo, you're a fan. If not, then you're not. What's there to lose?

I found the series entertaining though i don't consider myself a "brony" as i don't get so addicted to anything that it becomes some sort of cult.

Pinkie-Pie-Party:
Haha, well the show itself is actually very good for a children's show. Really funny. I don't go in for the whole reading and writing fan fictions, and going on the official site every day or the rest of it. (by the way, my username is just what I use on the ps3, and my ps3 account was made by a brony friend who wanted us all to make new accounts, so I agreed)

haha, your account name is mocking Solid Snake, how dare thy!
Kiddin really, if you like a cartoon go ahead and watch it - I still enjoy the hell out of re-watching Dragonball Z from time to time, even Avatar: The last Airbender is one of the best cartoons i've ever seen and I'm still praising it.

You should definitely try it out
It's a great show, despite what some people might say
If you find you don't enjoy it, that's fine, just stop watching it
But if you do like it,

Also don't listen to people who outright hate on others for watching them, 99% of them have never even tried the show, and almost all of them are very closed minded.

Well the show is entertaining. As long as you do not get too hooked or start annoying other people by talking about it when they do not like to hear stuff about it.

Shadowcreed:

haha, your account name is mocking Solid Snake, how dare thy!
Kiddin really, if you like a cartoon go ahead and watch it - I still enjoy the hell out of re-watching Dragonball Z from time to time, even Avatar: The last Airbender is one of the best cartoons i've ever seen and I'm still praising it.

*hangs head in shame* I just didn't really want to put Pinkie in as my avatar, and I love Snake, so what the hell, I'm sure Kojima forgives me. As for MLP, haven't watched much since the first season, been busy. Dragonball Z will always be great, always. I can't recommend it enough.

OT: OP, just watch a few, if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?? Not like you have to suddenly advertise everywhere that you watch it or anything, just enjoy the show :)

I personally guarantee that you will enjoy it. The show is brilliant.

I honestly think its worth watching but its understandable if you don't enjoy.

I entered this Thread expecting it to contain something atleast moderately interesting. Nope, fuckin' Ponies.

Seriouisly, watch whatever the hell you want. This Thread seems like Flamebait "Hey Guyz, I'z gonna watch teh Ponies! Lolz"

You've been here awhile, you should know that people don't tend to like these Threads, especially when the actual content of the thread is virtually zero.

Hate to say it, but this post does kind of give off a subtle flamewar sort of vibe. watch what you want though. seriously, only idiots let the opinions of other idiots deter them from an experience of any sort.

Try it, get in afew more episodes to really judge the worth. Keep on going if you want. I'd suggest not watching it all at once.
If you find it not you cup of tea, simply walk away.

[--Thread--]

See ya everybody.

Forlong:
Okay, for a post, I needed a rimshot clip. I knew there were plenty on YouTube, so I looked. The first really good one I found was from "My Little Pony". I thought, what the hell, people on this site use screenshots of that show as avatars, so it will be extra funny if I do that. But, like a drug, I couldn't just watch that one video. No, I had to check out two or three related videos and found "My Little Pony" to be actually quite funny. Now I'm considering watching the series. Is this a wise decision? Will I have to turn in my balls?

there will always be someone who demands that you turn in your balls and your Manliness badge and get suspended from the department of manliness.

so do not fear to enjoy something.
and if you are scared then remember:

what the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.

so watch, don't tell.

Forlong:

say no. its a drug that based on over colored bad animation.
look up a few episodes of invader zim or that leaked Avatar Legend of Kora episode to counteract it.
(P.s. legend of kora is awesome)

sanquin:
That is, until you start 'fanboying' over it towards others. Like posting pony pics and talking about how great the show is online. That's when you cross the line for me.

...Are you serious? You think talking about something you enjoy is crossing a line?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you think your friends and peers would think less of you for liking it you have two options: A: Don't tell them, or B: Find new friends.

That's what I do about anything that I think would weird out my friends. It's why none of them know I watch the show.

Hal10k:

My very good friend, Mr. Man-Bear-Pig, would like to have a word with you...

Goddamn another friggin pony thread. Look, EVERYONE hates threads like these that aren't asking a question and are basically flame bait. This thread will be locked soon, I know it.

Just watch it, if you like it, like it. IF not, move on. Nothing wrong with you so no need to "Turn in your balls" Whatever that means :|. As a human being you are entitled to enjoy whatever you want that makes you happy, doesn't matter if it's ponies, star trek, family guy, skydiving, or cats.

Just do it

No need to say anything else on the subject

Forlong:
Now I'm considering watching the series. Is this a wise decision? Will I have to turn in my balls?

Oh, hey--I get to use this again:

Nope, no testicular turn-in necessary. It's a fun show and entertaining without being stupid like so many animated shows are. To hell with people who might judge you for watching it--the world can be a grim, dark place, and occasionally it's nice to forget about it for twenty minutes or so with some brightly-colored cartoon ponies.

Edited to add: I know NuclearShadow claims he's not responding to this thread, but I had to reply to his "HURF DURF IT'S FOR LITTLE GIRLS" by leaving this always-relevant C.S. Lewis quote here:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Same thing happened to me with a fan made clip of Doctor Whooves. I was like, "Huh, that is interesting. May as well watch the first season. See what all the hype is about."

Was honestly a lot better than I was expecting. I am not a brony or anything, but it is a decent show.

(Duplicate post snipped--I managed to hit quote instead of edit. Sigh.)

Monoochrom:
I entered this Thread expecting it to contain something atleast moderately interesting. Nope, fuckin' Ponies.

Seriouisly, watch whatever the hell you want. This Thread seems like Flamebait "Hey Guyz, I'z gonna watch teh Ponies! Lolz"

You've been here awhile, you should know that people don't tend to like these Threads, especially when the actual content of the thread is virtually zero.

Hey it was far far worse a few months ago, in fact this is the first in awhile if I recall.

As for the op, watch and decide if you like it, but I would not recommanding watching the first 2 episodes, there not like the rest of series, start with episode 25 of season 1 or 3 of season 2, they funny, good, and me stopping the spoliers here.

As long as you can justify an opinion, there's nothing wrong with having it.

Rimshot means something very different from where I come from, and I guarantee you wouldn't be able to find one on YouTube.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked