Starship Troopers:Invasion trailer.

You know it's going to be a bit more faithful when it paraphrases the first few lines from the book. You also know it when it features a beautiful Marauder-type Starship Trooper. While it lacks 'a mad scientists rendition of a spider' it's one step closer to being faithful and frankly that gets a lot of points in my book :P.

Would you like to know more?

EDIT:There are two planned Starship Troopers films which are unrelated to each other. One is a live-action reboot which features the writers of Thor and X-Men:First Class. The other, this one, is an animated 'sequel' which features the man responsible for Appleseed.

Nouw:

You know it's going to be a bit more faithful when it paraphrases the first few lines from the book. You also know it when it features a beautiful Marauder-type Starship Trooper. While it lacks 'a mad scientists rendition of a spider' it's one step closer to being faithful and frankly that gets a lot of points in my book :P.

Would you like to know more?

Wait a minute, the reboot is an animated film? That's interesting. At least then it doesn't compete with the brilliantly stupid original film.

EDIT.

Checked the website. This is definitely connected to Roughneck Chronicles. It features Carl Jenkins (film only character) and the dropship is the same one from the cartoon.

Soviet Heavy:
Wait a minute, the reboot is an animated film? That's interesting. At least then it doesn't compete with the brilliantly stupid original film.

If this is in line with the Roughneck Chronicles, then I might not be as apprehensive as I was before.

My bad, I should have stated in the OP that there are two planned ST films which are unrelated to each other. This is a 'sequel' and the other is a live-action reboot. Now that you mention it, if this used the formula of the Roughneck Chronicles it would be playing it safe but guaranteeing a good film.

Well it's straight to DVD so I'm not expecting much, although the animation does look very promising.

However, one question:

Does this one feature Mr. Krabs?

Nouw:

Soviet Heavy:

If this is in line with the Roughneck Chronicles, then I might not be as apprehensive as I was before.

My bad, I should have stated in the OP that there are two planned ST films which are unrelated to each other. This is a 'sequel' and the other is a live-action reboot. Now that you mention it, if this used the formula of the Roughneck Chronicles it would be playing it safe but guaranteeing a good film.

This is definitely related to Roughneck Chronicles. The dropship that skids along the landing stretch is the same one as from the series.

ChupathingyX:
Well it's straight to DVD so I'm not expecting much, although the animation does look very promising.

However, one question:

Sadly no. If they did I'd expect them to boast about it. Hopefully next time :).

Wooooo, already knew about it but still ^_^.

I wouldnt have thought it was a marauder though, i thought those were the big mech things?

daveman247:

I wouldnt have thought it was a marauder though, i thought those were the big mech things?

All of the suits are meant to be bigger. Think of them as WarMachines from Marvel except bigger, buffer and badder. And more agile. In the book, they operated kilometres/miles away and that wouldn't really make a good camaraderie type film. Or at least, not very easily. The Roughneck Chronicles show the Mech as the things the Infantry pilot when actually their green suits are supposed to be it.

I have no real problem with the suits being a little dumbed down.

I enjoyed the first Starship Troopers film, more due to nostalgia than anything. So I might check it out, even though the second and third films were absolute jokes.

I really enjoyed Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 2 - Marauder (yes i'm aware marauder was the third but Starship Troopers 2, much like the myth that is Devil May Cry 2, doesn't get mentioned in this house).

I've been waiting for another one, or more of them, besides the Roughneck Chronicles.

Gotta love some over the top bug shooting fun.

I can't wait to see what kind of nude scene they've got in this one.

daveman247:

They are. The fact that this release not only takes the dropship from the cartoon and similar looking armor makes me think that it is a means to bridge the gap between the films and the Roughneck Chronicles.

Delightful, I've seen the first and second Starship Trooper films, both were delightfully gory and action packed enough for my liking.

Nouw:

Soviet Heavy:

Yay! Roughnecks was awesome, and I was actually kinda sad they never closed it :'( Was a good series for its time.

The animation looks pretty, the whole trailer looks like a game pre-render more than anything though, the voice acting was generic, I don't know, seemed weird, it was too long to be a teaser, yet gave no story reveals or anything else.. I watched it without reading the article first, and thought it WAS for a generic action game with a tagged on IP.. then I saw it was a film and just went "wut."

With that amount of fancy looking body-armour the Mobile Infantrymen might survive for more then 5 minutes this time!

'Starship Troopers' is one of the only stories where the film was better than the book, in my opinion.
I spent most of the book thinking, "Oh come on, when does the action start?", and then suddenly, it ended.
Meh.
I loved the filmatization though. Well, the first two. The third was... Odd.

Tayh:
'Starship Troopers' is one of the only stories where the film was better than the book, in my opinion.
I spent most of the book thinking, "Oh come on, when does the action start?", and then suddenly, it ended.
Meh.
I loved the filmatization though. Well, the first two. The third was... Odd.

That's because Verhoeven took what was a political story and said 'This is boring, lets make it with loads of action and completely over the top!'

I love it

Looks good.
Cant be worse than most of the movies they are bringing out these days.
RICOS ROUGHNECKS HO RAR!

you know I loved the book and even tho the movie had next to nothing really to do with the book it was still awesome (second and 3rd ones not so much)

I'd go see another movie... the reboot i dunno tho... those can go either way and usually they go the wrong way

ChupathingyX:

However, one question:

Starship Troopers Marauders was straight to dvd and it was actually fairly good.

Nouw:

It certainly looks interesting... I always imagined the troopers to have more mech-like armour from the way it's described in the book though.
I know it's really nitpicky, but I'd love to see something that looks like the bastard child of Brotherhood of Steel armor mated with the mechs from Matrix Revolutions. (I know the film is crap, and they have no armour, but just the kind of "rivets and exhausts" feel rather than a clone)

The rest of it looks pretty good though, and you're right, the paraphrasing is a good omen. Hell, the director might even have finished reading the book! :P

OneCatch :

Nouw:

It certainly looks interesting... I always imagined the troopers to have more mech-like armour from the way it's described in the book though.
I know it's really nitpicky, but I'd love to see something that looks like the bastard child of Brotherhood of Steel armor mated with the mechs from Matrix Revolutions. (I know the film is crap, and they have no armour, but just the kind of "rivets and exhausts" feel rather than a clone)

The rest of it looks pretty good though, and you're right, the paraphrasing is a good omen. Hell, the director might even have finished reading the book! :P

I agree with you on the mech thing. There are supposed to resemble steel gorillas. However, those capsule/pods and armour satisfied me enough as a Starship Troopers fanboy.

I do believe a few people helping make the film finished the book :P.

Nouw:

I agree with you on the mech thing. There are supposed to resemble steel gorillas. However, those capsule/pods and armour satisfied me enough as a Starship Troopers fanboy.

I do believe a few people helping make the film finished the book :P.

Aye - it does look like an improvement on previous incarnations anyway.
Will certainly have to keep an eye on it I think!

This look promising. I wonder if there will be cgi gore well granted I love watching the Roughneck series and that had little to none gore at all.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked