5.6% (4)
Option 4 + 5
1.4% (1)
1.4% (1)
All of the above
69% (49)
69% (49)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What varieties of music do you like?

Fill in the poll and tell me what genres you like, please include if you like only a couple songs of that genre as opposed to the whole genre in general. And if how you feel changes your choice of what genres you like.
(Re-do of previous post with fixed poll.)

Honestly, it just depends on the song.
Sometimes you'll hear me listen to this:

And other times I'll listen to stuff like this:

So yeah, it's really an impossible question to answer.
I like music that I like, that's that xD.

Sometimes I feel like some chill music, other times not so much:].

Welcome to the Escapist btw:] tell us what varieties of music you like!

My tastes are pretty much all over the place.

Most of my music collection is 70's and 80's era Punk Rock with more than a handful of 90's era stuff.
(Iggy and the Stooges, The Stranglers, The Clash, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, NOFX Naked Aggression, Angelic Upstarts, Crass, Sloppy Seconds etc.)

I also have a significant collection of 1st, 2nd and 3rd wave Ska.
(Prince Buster, The Skatalites, The Specials, Madness, Selecter, Kongo Shock, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones etc.)

The rest of it is a mish-mash of genres and eras. Looking at the stack of CDs on my desk right now I've got Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Stevie Wonder, The Andrews Sisters, Rob Zombie, Gorillaz, Billie Holiday, Gnarls Barkley and Patsy Cline.

It's actually pretty difficult to find a genre of music that I won't listen to and enjoy to some degree.

100% for "all of the above" so far. Figured as much.
Seriously, who doesn't like different things for different occasions?

I generally like things that aren't about,

A. Sex

B. Relationships

C. Wishy-Washy Songs that were made to appeal to a specific audience by an aartist who doesn't relate to that audience.

D. "I'm sad and everything is terrible"

Which narrows it down quite a bit more than you imagine.

[Note: The Beatles are exempt from the above preferences because they were awesome.]

I've found something I like in pretty much every genre but metal. Admittedly, I tend to use genres more broadly than most. I just hate complicating things with too many subgenres. If it fits a certain "spirit", I lump them together.

That pretty much gives you a good idea of what I mainly listen to. Though as I said before, I like something from pretty much every genre except for metal.

My taste for music is usually all over the place, though I only listen to certain bands that do the specific genre of music, such as:

Then to music like this:

Going to this:

Then this:

To these (I just really like this song X3):

And so on and so forth... I'll be impressed if anyone sits through them all though. xP

Lets see, so far today, I have listened to albums by Papadosio, Lotus, Beats Antique, Korn, Gramatik, Bassnectar, Widespread Panic, and ill.gates. I think it's fair to say I am all over the fucking place.

I personally tend to listen to alot of punk, ska and metal and or anything else that sounds good to me. I like bands like starfucker, mum, streetlight manifesto, NOFX, Authority zero, less than jake, ill scarlet, protest the hero, killswitch engaged, children of bodom

People don't think baroque music can be emotional, but I contend that point (citing a few solo pieces by JSB). There're a lot of genres and eras of music that I enjoy so I can't pick one choice over another beyond 'all of the above' though of course, that depends on my mood and which phase I'm going through... currently an OCR phase, so you tell me...(!)

Just Plain Lazy:
My taste for music is usually all over the place, though I only listen to certain bands that do the specific genre of music, such as:

Then to music like this:

Going to this:

Then this:

And so on and so forth... I'll be impressed if anyone sits through them all though. xP

You've just scored 2 out of 5 with a complete stranger on the interwebz. Congratz! I like Happy Up Here and LOVE Franzie! <3

TakeshiLive:

Just Plain Lazy:

Then to music like this:

Going to this:

Then this:

You've just scored 2 out of 5 with a complete stranger on the interwebz. Congratz! I like Happy Up Here and LOVE Franzie! <3

Wooooo! ^_^
I get 2 out of 5 and now know that sometimes people do read my posts. X3 Hehe ^_^

Just Plain Lazy:

TakeshiLive:

Just Plain Lazy:

Then to music like this:

Going to this:

Then this:

Wooooo! ^_^
I get 2 out of 5 and now know that sometimes people do read my posts. X3 Hehe ^_^

I also screwed up my quoting but anyways... here my recommendation for a variety of music: jazzy, african electro?

I like to think that my iPod, in which I like 95% of the music on it (some I keep weeding out, and deleting) has something for everyones tastes... from breakstep, to death metal, to ambient and drone... even a variety of hip-hop, rap, punk, rock, country, bluegrass and others...

You know what kind of music I like, but just can't seem to find much of?

I just love how smooth it feels. And dat voice!

Other than that, I like many, many different things. Pretty much anything but modern pop, rap and modern R&B. Oh, and country. Can't stand modern country.

i like metal music, heavy metal music, rock music, hell for some reason i like stuff like sad guitar song from MGS4

I can enjoy music ranging from Aretha Franklin to the sex pistols.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of bowling for soup, sum41 and thereabouts.

wintercoat:

Other than that, I like many, many different things. Pretty much anything but modern pop, rap and modern R&B. Oh, and country. Can't stand modern country.

Oh ho! The Submarines! I didn't think anyone'd know that band... I only know them from Tap Tap but both of the songs from there were freakin good.

And for something just as mellow? I hope you are open-minded enough for jazz, cos I know my friends aren't! ^_^

I can go from super slow soft stuff like Nick Drake to a more upbeat big band like the Counting Crows and then to trance music and maybe a splash of WUB WUB WUB. It all just depends on what i'm doing. If i'm gaming you can be damn sure i'm listening to some house/trance

depends on the particular mood i'm in.

TakeshiLive:

wintercoat:

Oh ho! The Submarines! I didn't think anyone'd know that band... I only know them from Tap Tap but both of the songs from there were freakin good.

And for something just as mellow? I hope you are open-minded enough for jazz, cos I know my friends aren't! ^_^

Mmmm, love me some Gnarls Barkley. Just the right kind of flow that makes you close your eyes and move your head to the melody.

I listen to everything from AC/DC - Big Balls to Fade To Black. It doesn't matter to me the tempo or how deep it is, if it sounds good it's on my playlist.

I tend to fall into the opinion that if your music isn't emotional on some level, you're doing it wrong.

Unless we're talking like devo or some electronic music, lack of emotion is kinda the point I guess. Love devo.

Diddy_Mao:
My tastes are pretty much all over the place.

Most of my music collection is 70's and 80's era Punk Rock with more than a handful of 90's era stuff.
(Iggy and the Stooges, The Stranglers, The Clash, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, NOFX Naked Aggression, Angelic Upstarts, Crass, Sloppy Seconds etc.)

The other stuff's a given but a(nother) Sloppy Seconds fan on the Escapist? So this is what it's like... when angels cry.

Allsorts of metal. Drum and bass. Some rock I guess? And just various artists that slot into loads of different genres. For instance, I do love Gorillaz old stuff (pre-plastic beach) but I dont really like any other bands simular to them.

So generally speaking, I like music that is either fast and frantic or slow and head crushingly brutal. Sounds cliche but meh.

While I do prefer fast songs but there are some slow song that I love. I suppose it depend on my mood whenever I want to listen to some music.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked