FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

OK! I have stress and don't know how to blow it of in a safe way. I normally play some games or go to the gym but no games or gym for the last two weeks. My fellow Escapists what are some ways you get rid of stress? (Try to keep it clean)

I read all the posts and thank you all for the help. Escapists you are the best :D

GET DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends birthday is this weekend I'll see if it work or if I die from alcohol poisoning. lol but not a bad idea.

Go for a swim? Or a solo drive?

Go shooting, go drinking, smoke a cigar, have sex, take a cruise, or listen to some angry rap (hopsin, Eminem) and sing along to it.

You could try beating a small animal.... or reading a book, that works too. I like doing crosswords myself :)

I ma--

Keep it clean

--ke cupcakes.
--ster the skill of archery.
--nage to drag myself out of bed and go for a run.

Take your pick.

Also, I watch movies and write a review. It's especially stress relieving if it happens to be a bad movie. ;)

TheTim:
Go shooting, go drinking, smoke a cigar, have sex, take a cruise, or listen to some angry rap (hopsin, Eminem) and sing along to it.

Make sure to do this all at the same time or it won't work. You also need to replace rap with Slayer for best results.

I'm quite laid back and don't get stressed to often. But when I do, I sleep.

Also, I strongly agree with listening to Slayer.

I personally? I find the best way to play off steam for me are polar opposites. EIther talk out things to people or sit quietly in a room by myself with music. Not techno dance pumping music. Not heavy metal about death and murder. Calming, soothing music. I have an entire playlist dedicated for that. Helps me think put pieces together.

You could always kill someone though. I hear that works.

Lock yourself in the basement until your not stressed and no longer a danger to those around you. :-)

Marter:

I ma--

Keep it clean

--ke cupcakes.
--ster the skill of archery.
--nage to drag myself out of bed and go for a run.

Take your pick.

Also, I watch movies and write a review. It's especially stress relieving if it happens to be a bad movie. ;)

I see what you did there...

Although seriously, Marter's original answer is probably one of the best ways to start the stress relief, from there you can go and get some fresh air and a lot of chocolate. It gives you an excuse to run the chocolate off, too. And once you are sufficiently tired, read. It helps, it isn't likely to frustrate you and you are keeping still, getting your heart-rate down and it immerses you in something other than your frustration.

Take a trip down nostalgia lane. Go re-watch The Iron Giant or 101 Dalmatians or something.

Listen to music.
Get a massage.
Meditate.
Do some Yoga.

Screaming into a pillow can work, take deep breaths, listen to music that you like. Hell, just laying down and relaxing can help.

You need to get yourself a girlfriend mate.
You're not eunuch are you?

Music! ^_^
Head bang away all your problems~

These lyrics are unsafe for work, so don't play it in a work place... Unless your a total badass~ Are you a badass? Go on click it... I dare you to. o.o XD

You don't need a gym to exercise, just do things like press-ups and sit-ups until you're too tired to act upon your stress or the chemical changes from the exercise makes you feel better.

Relaxing music certainly tends to help. And because I want everybody to know how cool the music I listen to is (in a miserable attempt to bolster my mostly non-existent confidence), here's some examples.
I'm so cool and self-aware.

How do I get over my anger issues? Get smashed, hook up with a guy at the university bar, enjoy the night. I usually forget what I was mad about after that. If not, I'll swallow my rage and deal with it.

Moo!

Make yourself the greasiest food you can find (my favorite is nachos with whatever sauce, salad, salsa and/or candy i can find in the fridge

Then take said food and watch some cowboy bebop

Hachibi:
OK! I have stress and don't know how to blow it of in a safe way. I normally play some games or go to the gym but no games or gym for the last two weeks. My fellow Escapists what are some ways you get rid of stress? (Try to keep it clean)

Personal answer is to go for a nice, long run.

Going on adventures also helps.

DrgoFx:
Not heavy metal about death and murder."

"You could always kill someone though. I hear that works."

Hipocracy. You has it.

Find a nice fluffy animal and pet it for a while. Seriously, petting an animal releases endorphins for both you and the animal, so you'll relax more and be happier. There's a reason that animals who enjoy being touched are used as therapy animals, after all.

Other things are to listen to some relaxing music, take a warm shower/bath, engage in a hobby you enjoy, etc. Personally I recommend Light and Day by The Polyphonic Spree. It's just so upbeat and relaxing and it's crazy how much it helps sometimes.

I agree that it's a good idea to listen to some music. Depending on what works for you, you should either go for something really cathartic (loud, hard rock should do the trick - I listen to Nirvana) or really relaxing (like this).

Honestly, probably your best bet is to bottle it up. Just lock it all away where you never have to deal with it.

It can't possibly end poorly.

The weather has been nice lately. Go for a walk. It's surprisingly relaxing and it is exercise so it helps release tension.

edit

I watch some cartoons: Spongebob Squarepants, My Little Pony: FIM, Justice League Unlimited etc.

Punching your bed helps. It's a bit of a wierd angle, but if you don't have a punchbag at home it's a fairly decent replacement.

The resulting spring squeaks and grunts will be totally unnoticable in some houses but will require explination in others.

I have this problem too, and none of these work. I have the strong desire to break things though. Maybe you and I should get together and break things. Flip a table or two. Should be fun. ^-^

Drink... and really shitty B movies... such as Sharktopus, or Alien Vs Ninja. Hell, these movies rule after a shit day!

The day I was dumped from a 4.5 year relationship I went to my parents, and my mum cracks out a bottle of Gin with some tonic, and we drank it whilst watching Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus... we had never had more fun than that! It was great!

Depends. If I've got some pent-up nonspecific fiery rage I just need to let burn through me for a little while, I'll rock out to metal (probably some Ensiferum) and/or indulge in some fiery explosion murder time in Saint's Row 3 or Just Cause 2.

If I'm just getting stressed because too much stuff is going on at once and I'm losing my center, I'll probably play something softer and just spend a couple minutes specifically doing nothing.

Two-stage relaxation. First is to work out any anxiety that the stress has caused. Exercise, angry music(yell/scream along if you feel comfortable doing so), punching a wall, whatever helps drain some energy from you. Then, switch to a low gear. Soft music, a warm bath, pictures of fluffyness. It works wonders.

You could also scream until you pass out. That's surprisingly effective, though rather stupid and dangerous.

Go to the gym? Alternatively go for a jog or do some exercises at home.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked