All the TV-shows are belong to me!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So i have absolutely nothing to do these days. It's so bad that i go to bed at 22:00 because i don't have anything better to do.

so I ask of you do you know any TV shows that are any good?

I have already seen:
Firefly
Psych
How I met your mother
fallen skies
the walking dead
Terra Nova
House
Friends
Doctor Who
castle
Chuck
Dexter
Supernatural
The big bang theory

I personally like Stargate Sg1 and Stargate Atlantis

The wire is also a great show
Generation kill is great as well
The pacific
Band of brothers
Game of thrones is also a very good show.

I personally do not like NCIS but might be worth a try?

Community or Parks and Recreation are both fun comedies. Also, if you like Doctor Who you could always try Torchwood.

Cyfu:

Already posted but Band of Brothers. Really, really REALLY good series.
The other by that team are From the Earth to the Moon and The Pacific, which are also good.

UK comedies:
Spaced - By the guys that did Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Paul
Black Books - Bill Baily and Dylan Moran, nuff said
The Thick of It - political satire, also a film called 'In the Loop'

If you liked Doctor Who you could try Torchwood, though it is set in the lovely land of Wales, so I'm not sure how well it would gel with a foreign audience.

Lastly, if you need to waste a whole lot of time, then go with 24. It's not the best, but it's entertaining enough, and is loooooooong :P

Breaking bad is very good, and the firstseason of heroes is worth a watch. I also quite like boardwalk empire.

Pinkie-Pie-Party:
Breaking bad is very good, and the firstseason of heroes is worth a watch. I also quite like boardwalk empire.

I agree with Breaking Bad, and watch Heroes untill the last episode of season 1. The finale couldn't live upto the hype and heroes went downhill from there.

Rainmaker77:

Pinkie-Pie-Party:

I agree with Breaking Bad, and watch Heroes untill the last episode of season 1. The finale couldn't live upto the hype and heroes went downhill from there.

I agree, the last episode of the first season is disappointing, and the show never really recovered. there were one or two decent episodes here and there, but all in all, not worth watching. Just remembered, Lie to me is quite enjoyable too, I don't watch many shows, so I'm sure there are many better ones I don't know about.

I love animation, so here are some animated shows:
Batman: The Animated Series/The Adventures of Batman & Robin/The New Adventures of Batman
Fullmetal Alchemist (NOT "Brotherhood", it sucks)
Futurama
School Rumble
Young Justice

Here's a live action show that I always liked:
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

That's all well and good, but what was the problem with just "Superman"? That wasn't a descriptive enough title?

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions! this is awesome

Forlong:
I love animation, so here are some animated shows:
Batman: The Animated Series/The Adventures of Batman & Robin/The New Adventures of Batman
Futurama
School Rumble
Young Justice

Here's a live action show that I always liked:
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

That's all well and good, but what was the problem with just "Superman"? That wasn't a descriptive enough title?

and farlong I have seen both FMA and FMA: brotherhood and I quite liked the full metal alchemis: brotherhood. what was it that you didn't like?

"Outcasts" was this massively underrated BBC series. A slow-paced, character-driven series that really will reward if you stick with it (despite the odd logic hole). Sadly, most couldn't get past how slow it was, finding it boring.

If you liked Firefly and Supernatural, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel! They're both awesome.

Go! Watch Buffy! Hurry! Enough Buffy-less time has already passed. Make with the watchage.

Community! It needs all the viewers it can get and it's amazing.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is just fucking hilarious to me. It never gets old.

I see the OP does not have "The Wire" included on the list of shows already seen. This is unacceptable. "The Wire" is the best television show in the history of the medium, and viewing of "The Wire" should be compulsory. OP, remedy this gross oversight immediately. Once you have finished viewing "The Wire" in its entirety, then we can discuss options for alternate shows.

Community is pretty damn good.

At least the first 2 seasons are, since episode 2 and 3 of the third season were so bad it scared me off entirely.

Breaking Bad and The Wire.

I mean, if you havent watched those two shows, what the fuck are you doing.

Breaking Bad takes a while to really get going, but when it does... Man, some of the episodes will have you shaking with tension. The Wire gets to the point more quickly.

*Sniff*
You smell that?
...the bronies are coming.
I usually don't mention it unless the topic arises, but it is technically pretty damn relevant, so...
YAY, PONIES!

Here are my favorite shows at the moment;
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- House
- Dr. Who
- Futurama
- Spongebob Squarepants (The classics, the last few seasons have been...eh.)
- Er...
- Umm...

Yeah, that's all I got. I'm boring.

ALSO, for the sake of whatever, I'm going to presume you aren't British. In which case, check out The Inbetweeners. One of Britain's best comedies, in my opinion.

Cyfu:
So i have absolutely nothing to do these days. It's so bad that i go to bed at 22:00 because i don't have anything better to do.

I have already seen:
Firefly
Psych
How I met your mother
fallen skies
the walking dead
Terra Nova
House
Friends
Doctor Who
castle
Chuck
Dexter
Supernatural
The big bang theory

Seems like you're a sci-fi kind of guy.
I could suggest TSCC ( ~ Sarah ~ chronicles)
I haven't seen cowboy beop but supposedly many people who like firefly likes that one.
Farscape?
And lastly but not least, a series that hasn't been canceled yet: Alphas

Oh, this one isn't sci-fi but probably my favourite of all time:
Freaks and Geeks.

Casual Shinji:

At least the first 2 seasons are, since episode 2 and 3 of the third season were so bad it scared me off entirely.

This.

On Season 3, watch Episode 4 : Remedial Chaos Theory - it makes up for the lackluster opening to the season and then some.

In addition to some others mentioned, I love The IT Crowd, a british comedy.

For insane British comedy, nothing beats The Mighty Boosh. Also, anything Mitchell and Webb is guaranteed good times.

And, for the love of everything on this planet worth a damn, watch The Prisoner. The original 1967-68 Patrick McGoughan version. Best tv show ever. Yes, better than Firefly.

Good selection.

Add The Wire, Buffy/Angel, Breaking Bad, and I suppose Community is pretty good. Game of Thrones. It looks like most people have already posted my choices.

Boston Legal is pretty fun to watch IMO. I also like Bones... um... Star Trek: TNG... MacGyver... uh...

I don't really watch much TV ;w;

As people have said above, The Wire is probably the greatest TV show ever.

Also Twin Peaks, by David Lynch is absolutely amazing like the weirdest cop show ever meets the most deranged soap opera ever, and it's brilliant, except the ending.

The Prisoner is a great Sci-Fi/spy show that is very intelligent and very original. If you want to see a show all about individualism and totalitarianism where characters can casually reference Goethe and at the same time giant white balloons are used to smother people to death. If you like things like Evangelion then you should really watch The Prisoner.

9thRequiem:

Casual Shinji:

This.

On Season 3, watch Episode 4 : Remedial Chaos Theory - it makes up for the lackluster opening to the season and then some.

Thanks, I might do that.

Cyfu:
and farlong I have seen both FMA and FMA: brotherhood and I quite liked the full metal alchemis: brotherhood. what was it that you didn't like?

The animation looked stiff, the acting wasn't as emotional, and the pacing was to fast.

Get Netflix, they have a bunch of old tv shows to watch.

if you like big bang and how i met your mother try rules of engagement

I recommend Top Gear, it's awesome and if you couple it with Minecraft, you get a pig.

The IT Crowd
Sherlock (the new BBC one!)
The Inbetweeners
Peep Show
Spaced (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost before Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz)
Or something classic like Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers or Monty Python's Flying Circus!

Also the original series of 'The Prisoner' is superb... Great story!

And finally check out the 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' and 'Smiley's People' mini series'! They are gripping!

You're welcome...

Scrubs, Futurama, Lie To Me, Bones and Boston Legal are the ones that spring to mind immediately.

If you want to go back a bit then A Bit Of Fry and Laurie, Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster (you may be seeing a theme here) and Fawlty Towers are all excellent.

The wire, The office, Metalocalypse and the IT crowd are looking pretty good. If you just want something to watch that may not be on tv any more but is really great check out Home Movies.

Trailer Park Boys first five seasons were hilarious so I have to go with that

Forlong:

Sorry, but gotta disagree on FMA vs Brotherhood. I'll give you that Brotherhood started off worse simply because they essentially crammed in the first chunk of the story into only 13 episodes, but that was because many of the people watching Brotherhood either watched the original FMA or read the manga and already knew what was going on. After the initial 13 episodes Brotherhood really hits it's stride though, and the story of Brotherhood is completely faithful to the manga(which is a REALLY good story) instead of making up it's own story like the original FMA anime did(which was a good story until you compared it to the manga).

OT: It really comes down to what kind of shows you want to try. From the looks of your list you enjoy mostly sci-fi and primetime with some comedy thrown in as well, so I'd recommend Fringe for sci-fi, Lie to Me and Breaking Bad for primetime, and DEFINITELY watch Scrubs for comedy. Others that are out of left field but really interesting to watch are shows like Storage Wars and Auction Kings. They sound boring, but it's really cool to see some of the stuff they find and how much it ends up being worth.

The only shows currently on TV that I recommend are Community, Parks and Rec, and Happy Endings (second season only)

As far as shows that aren't on TV anymore, I'd recommend Party Down, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, the Inbetweeners, Veronica Mars, and my all time favorite, Friday Night Lights.

EDIT: Also Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and all of FX's quality comedies (Louie, the League, Archer)

Risingblade:
Get Netflix, they have a bunch of old tv shows to watch.

Can't use Netflix in Norway :(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked