And all the Oscars goes to.... God Bless America

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

This may very well be the best movie that was ever made.

I wonder how many people out there would do the same thing in this guys situation. Have we just been lucky that all the crazies die quietly in their sleep or get run over by cars?

Can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

Wow, this looks completely fucking insane. I'm not sure what to think.

I'm guessing they (the makers of this film) just felt like virtually killing all the kinds of people who have pissed them off throughout their lives? I can kinda get that. I really think I'd have to watch it myself to know if this is actually funny or just totally sick though.

Haha, I saw this trailer a while back, it looks brilliant! And the reason it hasn't happened is that the person would be caught pretty much straight away. Also, it's whoever they think sucks, so it's a fairly biased thing, and different people would kill different types of people :P still, I agree I'd be tempted.

I saw this trailer a while ago and I really want to see it. It looks... cathartic.

Not like this hasn't been discussed on this forum recently; http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.354663-What-do-you-guys-think-of-the-trailer-for-this-upcoming-movie-God-Bless-America#14085758.

I'll just quote what I said there,

GoaThief:
Looks like a shit version of Falling Down, aimed at the ADD generation. Take up two spaces? DIE you POS. Classic diversion tactics, the real problems come down from on high, not spoilt or stupid people who are pretty much victims of a deliberately dumbed-down education system.

Social commentary my arse. Did they also rob the child aspect from Leon?

To be fair. Falling down was a bit slow paced and I honestly felt that the 2 parking space guy had it coming.

This looks so absurd it might just be brilliant enough to enjoy it!

This looks really messed up. And completely unfunny.
I have no desire to watch this movie, or watch it win anything.

That is absolutely fucking disgusting.

... The trailers okay, but this movie's basically saying "Kill people who are stupid, have different opinions then you, or are just jerks to you! You'll be in the right!"

Wrong. Albeit, I will probably watch the film, the idea it's relaying is basically a form of terrorism.

GoaThief:
Falling Down, aimed at the ADD generation. Take up two spaces? DIE you POS. Classic diversion tactics, the real problems come down from on high, not spoilt or stupid people who are pretty much victims of a deliberately dumbed-down education system.

Falling down and Leon were the first two films I thought of aswell.

Both are great, but they don't de-validate this film. And whilst I wouldn't call it an apt social parody, I'm sure you can empathise with the urge to off people like that 'Chloe'.

Whether or not you think they're to blame for their behaviour. It's rather a gut-wrenching thought that people like that exist and thrive. And remember, this looks to be setting itself up as light hearted entertainment with a slightly poignant twist. I don't think it's preaching the message that we should all go out and kill people we don't like.

I do like the line "What is the point of civilization if we can't be civilized?"

I don't expect to have the chance to watch it, though, expect a very limited release.

Dejawesp:

Well that certainly proves that you're part of the culture this film is against.

Seriously, This film couldn't be more ironic if it tried. It is exactly the kind of Mindless, Moron-Magnet bullshit that it's trying to satire, If anything this film is worse because not only is it buried deep in its own ass, it thinks it's making some philosophically poignant social commentary.

What

A

Joke.

Ooh, cool. Might be worth a look! Stupid people getting shot. Old guy and a little girl doing the killing. So long as it's played straight the whole way through, and the buildup and the climax are just "Old man and girl just kill boatloads more people", and there's no preachy moralizing at the end, I'll totally give it a try.

Reminds me of Kickass, looks amazing.

GoaThief:

Because God forbid someone uses a child actor in their movie?

Anyways, it looks pretty entertaining. Me and a few friends plan on watching this when it hits theaters (if it hits theaters)

To those who are disgusted with its message...

Why don't you go get mad at Fight Club?

This movie just seems so disgusting, killing all those people just because they are (or seem like) jerks. I would definitely not want to watch this movie, and I finally see why non-gamers were so disgusted with the whole airport mission in MW2.

zehydra:

Nononon.

Fight Club is Srs Bsns. It's not about the collapse of capitalism or the rise of the Proletarian, it's all about mind games. Because the 'Holy shit he IS Tyler' is all 90% of the people who watched or read it took away.

People really don't seem to get that film.

Stupid title. If a movie comes up right after the gala, there is no fuckin' chance it will get nominated. period. Haven't seen the flick, but I'm hoping for the best. At least the plot seems legit.

Looks like a more ridiculous version of Super. Could be good, Super was a brilliant film - doesn't seem like it'll have the same depth though, too satirical.

This kind of goes both ways for me. I like it because of what they're doing. Killing the Kardashins? Yes please!

On the other hand, this is also a story about a middle aged man losing his shit because he can only see the worst parts of life and can't find anything to enjoy. And what makes me sadder is that the girl is actually jaded enough to agree with him.

Or sociopathic. Not quite sure which.

Makes me sad there's enough shit in the world to even merit this film. In this country alone, even.

Whenever I see trailers for black comedy films, I usually see a particular scene and think "That's awful!" before remaining silent and then maybe getting the joke a few seconds afterwords.

However, that didn't happen for this one.

I actually "Got" all of it. It made sense and I think I may be in the target audience for this one. Of course I probably still won't watch it due to me feeling uncomfortable about laughing when death is involved (in both reality and fiction), but I guess in the end a little bit of everything will appeal to someone eventually.

meh, rather than kill the degenerate masses, I'd rather rise above them and control them.

Aetera:
I saw this trailer a while ago and I really want to see it. It looks... cathartic.

Exactly. I thought it would be extremely pleasing, especially since I am so polite toward people i absolutely hate.

Also. Please, Pleasssseee tell me what your avatar is from. it looks extremely familiar and now i cant stop thinking about it.

Too bad there weren't more politicians on his hit list.

Abandon4093:

zehydra:

Nononon.

Fight Club is Srs Bsns. It's not about the collapse of capitalism or the rise of the Proletarian, it's all about mind games. Because the 'Holy shit he IS Tyler' is all 90% of the people who watched or read it took away.

Ignoring the reason he became Tyler in the first place was the same reason this guy decides to start killing other people.

RagTagBand:

Dejawesp:

Well that certainly proves that you're part of the culture this film is against.

Seriously, This film couldn't be more ironic if it tried. It is exactly the kind of Mindless, Moron-Magnet bullshit that it's trying to satire, If anything this film is worse because not only is it buried deep in its own ass, it thinks it's making some philosophically poignant social commentary.

What

A

Joke.

OR it could just be a movie about a guy who has nothing to live for but realizes that there are people who don't deserve to outlive him. I would have thought a guy who shots people for taking up two parking spaces and has a little girl sidekick would have tipped you off.
It

IS

A Joke.

JoesshittyOs:

Seems that particular point went way over your head, if you'd seen Leon you'd know exactly why myself and others make that comparison.

RagTagBand:

Dejawesp:

What

A

Joke.

Very much this, the lack of self-awareness in that trailer is very telling.

I find this film in incredibly poor taste, and not really in a good way.
I probably still see it, but I don't think this is really where I want dark comedy to go.

DVS BSTrD:
Too bad there weren't more politicians on his hit list.

Abandon4093:

zehydra:

Nononon.

Ignoring the reason he became Tyler in the first place was the same reason this guy decides to start killing other people.

Wait... what?

I'm not ignoring anything. Just saying that the reason people don't get all up in arms about Fight Club whilst getting butt hurt about things like this is because they don't really get what fight club was about.

i.e. trying to wake people up to their rabid consumerism, that capitalism is pretty diabolical when you get down to it and that the American dream is a sham.

I still don't really get what you were trying to say with that comment.

I want to watch this so bad. It just looks like the most perfect thing ever.

GoaThief:

JoesshittyOs:

Seems that particular point went way over your head, if you'd seen Leon you'd know exactly why myself and others make that comparison.

I have, it's one of my favorite movies. And once again, that's an extremely loose comparison, and my point still stands.

DVS BSTrD:
It

IS

A Joke.

To paraphrase a friend: "Any movie that depicts handcuffing a girl inside a car and executing her loses the right to call itself comedic".

Buretsu:

Dejawesp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

I wonder how many people out there would do the same thing in this guys situation. Have we just been lucky that all the crazies die quietly in their sleep or get run over by cars?

Can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

Let's hope you'll be tempted to do what he almost did at the beginning instead.

And I get a warning for calling another forum member fat.

I've seen the trailer, and I think this looks stupid. It looks really shallow and just hateful (No, I don't think hate is a good response to hate). This is just me, but this film strikes me as extremely self-righteous, and while some people find things like this "cathartic", I don't. I think this movie would be great if it was perhaps a social satire on self-righteousness, and the inherent comedy of fighting hate with more hate, but it's not, I know it's not. It'll just be another "ZOMG TOTALI AWESUM" movie, and it's going to get eaten up by a lot of people that are just as dumb as the one's getting executed.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked