The Legend of Korra

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

---------------------------------------NEW EDIT------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I created a user group where I'll be continuing this so I don't have to keep bumping this thread every week. User group url:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Legend-of-Korra
I'm a little new to the group thing so I'll need admins (preferably ones that have some experience). Also I'll probably still update this thread for bout the next two weeks just so that as many people as are still checking in see this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The season officially starts tomorrow!

So since a mod hasn't said anything about posting links to the show I've decided to attach a link for both episode 1 and episode 2. I plan to post them here as they're released. If anyone else finds different links for each episode, shoot them to me in a message or reply and I'll add them (if one of the links goes down or isn't available in a region tell me and I'll modify the links).

-----------------------------------Original Post-----------------------------------------------
So for those of you that may or may not know, Avatar: the last airbender is getting a sequel of sorts starring the next avatar, a water tribe girl named Korra. Anyways the first episode has a release date of April 14th, but it is already available online (I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link, but you know some smart googling should find it).

To avoid any spoilers I will say that the episode is interesting, but weird in that the setting is vastly different than from the original series. Still its a good episode and I'd recommend it to any of you guys that liked the original series.

Anyways if you watch it post your thoughts, but keep spoilers in spoiler boxes.

Edit: I didn't notice this before, but it turns out that episode 2 is also available and IMO its better than the first one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 1

Episode 1

Episode 2

*Episode 1 and 2 are also available on iTunes in HD for free

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8 - When Extremes Meet

It was ok.

It was cool to seem some call backs to old characters, and even some cameos. I was just sad to find out that Sokka was dead. He would have made an awesome "old man" character.

It was also interesting to see that metal bending had become a legitimate form of bending, and not something that only Toph could do. Really opens up a lot of possibilities with the steampunkish setting.

The only thing that I'm a little concerned about is the fact that Korra's animal companion can't fly. The polar bear-dog is cool, but it's no Appa, or dragon, and the fact that it can't fly really limits Korra's mobility, which might mean that the majority of the show will only take place in one city. This would really be a missed opportunity to show how the rest of the world changed during the 80 year gap between the previous series and this one.

Other than that, first episode wasn't really anything special, but the fight scenes did look good, nice and fluid, and the animation was top notch. I was only sad that the online streams aren't very high quality because it really is a very good looking show.

I'd rather wait until the actual premiere on TV.

I'll have to check that out sometimes. And I'll agree with Dirty, he'd make a great old man character, not to mention he was one of my favored characters.

Anybody else want to strangle that kid when she interrupted the story about Zuko's mother.

I really enjoyed it. While the setting and characters are all different, it still feels like Avatar. The humour and action is all still there. I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

aba1:
Anybody else want to strangle that kid when she interrupted the story about Zuko's mother.

I laughed so hard at that bit.

JaceArveduin:
I'll have to check that out sometimes. And I'll agree with Dirty, he'd make a great old man character, not to mention he was one of my favored characters.

I'd like to think he ending up turning into a crazy old man like Boomi.

I'm pretty sure most of us already know about Avatar: Legend of Korra as this is not the first Legend Of Korra thread.

All I can say it's not the old show I remember but this is not a bad thing. The animation (cgi vehicles) and the setting are abit getting used to.

Also I eagerly await for Korra to become fully skilled like Aang.

Scarim Coral:
I'm pretty sure most of us already know about Avatar: Legend of Korra as this is not the first Legend Of Korra thread.

Huh? Somehow it really flew past me. I do remember seeing something about "Korra" mentioned but it never occurred to me it was a sequel to Avatar (there is only one Avatar! Everything else is lies!).

Well, that's good news. I'd probably wait for the first season to finish, I hate waiting a week between connected episodes, especially if they have cliffhangers.

I think I'll wait for the airdate proper, I'm usually not too happy about having to wait between episodes, and when I first watched Avatar properly, I watched it end to end, a season a day - possibly more. That said, I'm really looking forward to this - but the longer I can put off starting, the better.

JaceArveduin:

He did make an awesome old man character, if you remember him posing as "Mr. Fire".

It was a shame that of the original cast, only Katara survived, but it was nice to see what kind of mother/grandmother she turned out to be. The show has a lot of promise and I'm hoping that it lives up to Avatar.

I do wonder where the new flying bison came from since Ang's grandson called it by a name that wasn't Appa (I'm really bad with names okay) and Appa was the only flying bison left.

DragonFae:
It was a shame that of the original cast, only Katara survived, but it was nice to see what kind of mother/grandmother she turned out to be. The show has a lot of promise and I'm hoping that it lives up to Avatar.

Well, obviously Aang wouldn't have survived. But I expect we'll see him return all the same.

Though, I agree with the geenral consensus. Seeing an older Sokka would have been awesome. Sokka was smart, cracked jokes like there was no tomorrow, and you know he had become a master swordsman (he was already pretty good in the finale and the "Day of Black Sun"). Seeing him become the border line crazy, but deceptively wise, and even skilled old guy would been perfect. He could have been Korra's Bumi.

I'll have to see if I can't find it later.

Souplex:
I do wonder where the new flying bison came from since Ang's grandson called it by a name that wasn't Appa (I'm really bad with names okay) and Appa was the only flying bison left.

It was mention in some epilouge of some sort (currently there is a Avatar comic of Team Avatar after the show had ended) that Aang had discovered a new colony of Air Bison and Air Lemur. These two are a new species compare to Appa and Momo (they had different pattern/ marking on their fur).

Souplex:

I was wondering the same thing so I chalked it up to them being able to reproduce a-sexually or perhaps Appa was pregnant the whole time?

Also did anyone notice that the fire bending was less fluent than in the original series. The moves tended to be a lot less structured.

Tenzin is such a cool character imo. Can't wait for him to get in the action.

Scarim Coral:

All I can say it's not the old show I remember but this is not a bad thing. The animation (cgi vehicles) and the setting are abit getting used to.

The thing though is that Aang wasn't fully skilled and that was the point. If you watched the finale he needed the avatar state to back the Firelord into a corner. Where he retook control and finished it his way. He hadn't completely mastered all four elements by the end of the series but he had come pretty damn close.

Krion_Vark:

Scarim Coral:

The thing though is that Aang wasn't fully skilled and that was the point. If you watched the finale he needed the avatar state to back the Firelord into a corner. Where he retook control and finished it his way. He hadn't completely mastered all four elements by the end of the series but he had come pretty damn close.

I enjoyed it. I especially like the new setting. It's like New York in the 1930s, except filled with magic ninjas. And blimps. And that's pretty awesome. Can't really speak to the plot yet, as I don't have much to go on, but it has potential to be pretty damn cool. I'm intrigued.

Dirty Hipsters:
It was ok.

It was cool to seem some call backs to old characters, and even some cameos. I was just sad to find out that Sokka was dead. He would have made an awesome "old man" character.

It was also interesting to see that metal bending had become a legitimate form of bending, and not something that only Toph could do. Really opens up a lot of possibilities with the steampunkish setting.

The only thing that I'm a little concerned about is the fact that Korra's animal companion can't fly. The polar bear-dog is cool, but it's no Appa, or dragon, and the fact that it can't fly really limits Korra's mobility, which might mean that the majority of the show will only take place in one city. This would really be a missed opportunity to show how the rest of the world changed during the 80 year gap between the previous series and this one.

Other than that, first episode wasn't really anything special, but the fight scenes did look good, nice and fluid, and the animation was top notch. I was only sad that the online streams aren't very high quality because it really is a very good looking show.

They have stated that the majority of the show will take place in the one city. They didn't want to redo the whole "travel around the world" to contrast it with the original Avatar series and take it into a different direction.

aba1:

Souplex:

I was wondering the same thing so I chalked it up to them being able to reproduce a-sexually or perhaps Appa was pregnant the whole time?

Also did anyone notice that the fire bending was less fluent than in the original series. The moves tended to be a lot less structured.

They sorta hand-waved that away with "After the main series Aang found a hidden herd of flying bison".

Scarim Coral:

Krion_Vark:

Scarim Coral:

DragonFae:

Well to be fair; Ang had to be dead with the whole reincarnation thing.
Sokka did not lead a particularly healthy lifestyle.
We don't know for certain that Toph is dead, just that she's no longer in charge of the metal-bending super police.

I was actually quite sceptical, wasn't sure if this was going to be some stupid cash in, or just try too hard to be as good as the first series. But they're going in a different direction (the writers have said they'll mostly remain in the city, so it doesn't feel the same as Aang's adventure) and I quite liked the characters. It's going to be nice hearing what happened to the old gang. I'm not going to list everything I liked from the pilot, because it was most of it. Suffice to say I was more than happy with how it's shaping up.

NightHawk21:

brunothepig:
I was actually quite sceptical, wasn't sure if this was going to be some stupid cash in, or just try too hard to be as good as the first series. But they're going in a different direction (the writers have said they'll mostly remain in the city, so it doesn't feel the same as Aang's adventure) and I quite liked the characters. It's going to be nice hearing what happened to the old gang. I'm not going to list everything I liked from the pilot, because it was most of it. Suffice to say I was more than happy with how it's shaping up.

NightHawk21:

I'm actually wondering if they're gonna take the series and do a lot of tie ins to the old series to appeal to an older generation or if they'll move away from that slowly to try to get a younger audience. I'd love to see if blood bending is mentioned again though.

Another episode has been leaked.
I will not say where as I am totally morally above piracy and whatnot.

NightHawk21:

I'm actually wondering if they're gonna take the series and do a lot of tie ins to the old series to appeal to an older generation or if they'll move away from that slowly to try to get a younger audience. I'd love to see if blood bending is mentioned again though.

I'm curious to see how the anti-bender revolutionists fight against the benders, unless they were shown in the leaked episodes (I haven't watched them).

Ziggy:
Episode 1 leaked here
http://dubhappy.com/the-legend-of-korra-episode-1/

Bro.

The first two episodes were released by Nick.

Well, they were on all day today at korranation.com

Souplex:
Another episode has been leaked.
I will not say where as I am totally morally above piracy and whatnot.

Or you know, just link the nick affiliated website which released the episode because of a successful ad campaign=. (Hint: korranation.com
)

ChupathingyX:

NightHawk21:

I'm curious to see how the anti-bender revolutionists fight against the benders, unless they were shown in the leaked episodes (I haven't watched them).

They've only been showed fighting in the previews, they use some sort of electricity weapon, and they could possibly use the chi blocking Ty Lee used, and taught to the Kyoshi warriors.

Hafrael:

Or you know, just link the nick affiliated website which released the episode because of a successful ad campaign=. (Hint: korranation.com
)

How?

I don't see a video anywhere.

ChupathingyX:

Hafrael:

)

How?

I don't see a video anywhere.

Oop. I forgot to mention, it was an american only stream. (I'm sure you can find the video elsewhere, if you want I can PM you a link)

I thought both episodes were pretty good (and Tenzin is a pimp), but I REALLY liked the second episode more than the first. I think the whole Pro Bending thing will be an interesting framing device for Korra learning, and I really liked the extra insight into Air Bending.

Dirty Hipsters:
-

Great, I never thought about how awesome an Old Man Sokka would have been until you pointed it out. Now I have a huge problem with that, dang it. Also the creators outright stated that they wanted this to take place in Republic City only because we already had a globe trotting adventure with the last one.

For those that don't know, you can watch the 2nd episode too on http://www.korranation.com/ but I believe it only works in the U.S., so sorry about that if you don't live here.

I really, really enjoyed it. I think the hardest part for most fans is the fact that getting used to the change will be hard. I mean it really is sad to know that the characters we love are gone, I mean it was obvious that Aang was dead before we even saw the show because we knew it would feature a new Avatar, but the reality of it kind of hits you when

Also, can I just add that I think I have a crush on Korra? I really like her...

-

Pro-bending is probably the coolest fictional sport ever made. Seriously why can't real sports be like that?

wasnt really all that big on the orgainal show but but I want to know is as Aan g was the last person of the air bending tribe does that mean that now his son is the only one now and that bending comes from genetics or have more popped up sences the first series?

chickenhound:
wasnt really all that big on the orgainal show but but I want to know is as Aan g was the last person of the air bending tribe does that mean that now his son is the only one now and that bending comes from genetics or have more popped up sences the first series?

Aang had more than just one son and whether or not children are benders is similar to how gentics works in our world when it comes to to stuff like hair colour and eye colour.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked