The Legend of Korra

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I wonder how much truth is there to Anon story or is he a big fat liar?
As for the reason to why he can take away the benders ability, I'm just assuming Aang had somehow master a way to do that via Chi blocking and without that energy bending of his (maybe it was hard to pull if off again). He wrote it down for Korra to learn in case of an emergency and Anon somehow got hold of it.

Also cool! Some people can lightning bend just like the polices can metal bend!

New episode live in about 9 hours time. I'll post links as I find them, but I should have some up by 4pm almost certainly.

Scarim Coral:
I wonder how much truth is there to Anon story

Well, seeing as how the creators seem to have taken some inspiration from Lenin I'm gonna go with "not much".

NightHawk21:
New episode live in about 9 hours time. I'll post links as I find them, but I should have some up by 4pm almost certainly.

Thanks for all the updates.

I'm gonna bookmark this thread.

Sorry I'm bout 45 minutes late. Was watching the final episode of the last season of Doctor Who while waiting and lost track of time. Anyways good news though, both my main sites are already updated with clips so watch away and enjoy, as I'm about to.

I think the pacing of this series is kinda annoying, everything is happening too quickly and abruptly, there isn't any nice development... if anyone knows what I mean.

The story is semi-interesting though, i'm looking forward to seeing how it develops but i'm kinda worried about how it does though.

The daughter of Henry Ford(or whatever he's called) is going to be traitor. I can feel it coming.

Steve Blum is awesome.

Korra is missing the point.

That's pretty much my opinion of episodes 3 & 4.

I found it to be ok.

The setting and how the world has progressed since the conclusion of A:TLA are fantastic, though there are a few funky things with it, like how in a steampunk world, some enemies have modern motorcycles.

The initial cast of characters seems weak to me. Korra is kind of annoying, although I do like the fact that she isn't 100% goody-goody all the time. The other two leads (I can't even remember their names after the first three episodes, that should say something) do not interest me in the least. And come on, the best animal they could come up with is a giant dog? And they're gonna call it a "Polar Bear Dog"? Ugh.

The storyline is what is keeping me invested with the series. I'm intrigued by the fact that the anti-bending rebellion isn't necessarily evil, they just use extremist methods. Maybe I have my hopes a bit too high, but I'm hoping that this will bring some morally-gray questions into the plot, like the original series did toward the end.

I'll stick with it, but as of right now, I don't particularly enjoy watching it.

Personally I really like the show a lot. I wasn't a huge fan of The Last Airbender. I liked it well enough but...I dunno. I'm definitely enjoying the gray morality going on, and how both sides aren't exactly right. Because while the Equalists are extreme in their methods, it's starting to look like they have a point.

I have to wait until Nick puts today's episode online to watch it. Darn it.

superbatranger:

You know I link all the episodes in the first post right? They should also work anywhere too, I try to find links that aren't restricted to specific regions.

I did not see the whole sponsor girlfriend thing coming but i like hoe they did it.
I wonder if the love triangle between korra, bo and mako will be played up.
And I still have no idea how theyll fill four books, maybe its how mask face will attack the nations.

Yay, we finally get to see older Sokka, Toph and Aang! I hope we get to see more flashbacks of them in the future.

And Steve Blum continues to be great.

CODE-D:

And I still have no idea how theyll fill four books, maybe its how mask face will attack the nations.

They already said the series will be shorter than TLA.

ChupathingyX:
Yay, we finally get to see older Sokka, Toph and Aang! I hope we get to see more flashbacks of them in the future.

And Steve Blum continues to be great.

CODE-D:

They already said the series will be shorter than TLA.

Ya I could be wrong but I think its only schedules to air for 26 episodes or 26 episodes each per book and 2 books.

NightHawk21:

superbatranger:

You know I link all the episodes in the first post right? They should also work anywhere too, I try to find links that aren't restricted to specific regions.

I'd rather watch it on Nick's site when they put it up, or when it's on TV. Personal preference.

superbatranger:

NightHawk21:

superbatranger:

I'd rather watch it on Nick's site when they put it up, or when it's on TV. Personal preference.

Fair enough. The shows good worth the wait :)

New episode out today. OP edited with first link will post the other site once it get updated. Enjoy :)

Aaaaah........that bitch of an avatar, she broke his heart.
Bolins my favorite so that really hurt.

CODE-D:

Yah was a little harsh, but I think there might still be something there.

Also both links now listed.

NightHawk21:

CODE-D:

What is it with water tribe? They never like the people in love with them, like instinct they know to be hard to get.

Awesome latest episode, quite funny. :)

edit

CODE-D:

NightHawk21:

CODE-D:

What is it with water tribe? They never like the people in love with them, like instinct they know to be hard to get.

Ya, but they usually get together in the end :)

hulksmashley:
I really like the show, but the creators obviously realized the intensity some people feel about the character romances. Now they're just trolling the shippers.

Also a side note, BOLIN IS AWESOME. Easily my favorite, he's like a chubby adorable bending Sokka.

Yeah, he is pretty awesome, and the pretty boy's voice alone is enough for me to justify castration via rusty spoon, ugh.

Fun stuff all around, though for some reason Naga seems expressionless compared to the other companions in the shows.

Oh, and I call BS on the getting hit by a pretty lady and then her taking you out to eat part, it's happened to me and all I got were a few sorry's and then she went on her merry way! (well, it's happened, three times, and they were near misses, but close enough)

First link to today's episode posted. Second link should be posted in a couple hours. Enjoy :)

Zenron:
The daughter of Henry Ford(or whatever he's called) is going to be traitor. I can feel it coming.

I read something interesting on the onion AV club that one of the reasons she seems so evil is that she looks a lot like Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.

Flamezdudes:
I think the pacing of this series is kinda annoying, everything is happening too quickly and abruptly, there isn't any nice development... if anyone knows what I mean.

I know what you mean. I think its because there aren't that many episodes. The first season is already half over :(

P.S. Was anyone else geeking out over the fight scene on the roof of the bending arena?

Did anybody catch that vision Korra had, I feel it was important.
Maybe aang had something to do with Amon.

Hi, I'm new.
Anyway, back on topic.
Did I mishear in the last episode, or did the person on the radio say cabbage industries or something like that? Did the cabbage man finally find success? In addition, what do you think about my theory on Amon: He wants to steal the avatar's bending. It's been shown that energy bending can give people bending too, like what the lionturtle did to Aang. If it can take bending away, and give it, what's to say they can't steal it? And if he is the only bender, then he would be extremely powerful.

CODE-D:
Did anybody catch that vision Korra had, I feel it was important.
Maybe aang had something to do with Amon.

That's what both my girlfriend and I thought. Also, Aang looks fucking cool in flashbacks and I hope Korra goes into the avatar state soon.

That was a great episode.

"Cabbage Corp." eh? I wonder what that was a reference to...

I can't wait to see more of the flashbacks; the TLA characters look so cool when they're older and hopefully we'll get to see Zuko at some time.

Damn I'm late with that second link. Should be up now though.

Moderated:
Hi, I'm new.
Anyway, back on topic.
Did I mishear in the last episode, or did the person on the radio say cabbage industries or something like that? Did the cabbage man finally find success?

Ya I heard cabbage too lol. Would love to see what happened to cabbage man.

Poor Tenzin. He keeps trying to make reasonable decisions and everyone else insists on taking needless risks.

I really like Amon though. Sure, they're probably going to give him some ulterior motive just to make the show more black and white, but it's hard to argue with his goal at face value. Benders really do have an unfair advantage over non-benders. When you see thugs exploiting honest, hard working people, they're always benders. If this were the real world I'd probably be on the side of the revolution.

Another good episode, and Lin's rather awesome. Though I wonder if the metal-benders ever use earth bending, unless I'm mistaken, you have to be a strong earth bender to bend metal.

manic_depressive13:
Poor Tenzin. He keeps trying to make reasonable decisions and everyone else insists on taking needless risks.

I really like Amon though. Sure, they're probably going to give him some ulterior motive just to make the show more black and white, but it's hard to argue with his goal at face value. Benders really do have an unfair advantage over non-benders. When you see thugs exploiting honest, hard working people, they're always benders. If this were the real world I'd probably be on the side of the revolution.

I hate to say it but I might join the revolution as well. It's like you said, from what we've seen so far it's always benders exploiting honest people into paying protection money and the like. I kinda wish they could it a nice grey area but I think it's gonna end up being black and white. Atleast with the current level of tech the playing field is a little bit more level now with those:

dalek sec:
[quote="manic_depressive13" post="18.356298.14540362"]Poor Tenzin. He keeps trying to make reasonable decisions and everyone else insists on taking needless risks. Atleast with the current level of tech the playing field is a little bit more level now with those:

Those were rather awesome, though there was also chi-blocking and the buzz batons to even out the field. I think there's a passage from the Legend of Drizzt books that covers it well enough, where he's talking about the followers of Grond (I think) It basically boils down to the fact that when you're being taught to wield a blade (or bend in this case) you also learn when to wield it and self discipline. It's a rather good point, none builders can defeat benders in a fair fight, the chi blockers prove it.

JaceArveduin:

Those were rather awesome, though there was also chi-blocking and the buzz batons to even out the field. I think there's a passage from the Legend of Drizzt books that covers it well enough, where he's talking about the followers of Grond (I think) It basically boils down to the fact that when you're being taught to wield a blade (or bend in this case) you also learn when to wield it and self discipline. It's a rather good point, none builders can defeat benders in a fair fight, the chi blockers prove it.

I don't understand, what are you trying to say with the whole Grond and builders thing? You aren't making any sense to me, sorry. D:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked