What's your favorite word?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Taco. I love to say it really fast over and over.

Helps me get better at double tonguing.

Oh I haven't seen this thread in a while! Yep mine's still "melancholy" fuck that's a good word.

And watching this season's anime has made me really like the word "another" i've never noticed how good a word it is before.

As for curses, nothing beats the classic "oh bloody hell!"

Cunnilingus, soliloquy, burgundy. Except for the first one, I don't usually get to use them a lot. Of the words I use more casually, my favourite are: Shit, fuck, cunt, and twat.

I've always liked the word "asymptote", though that's more based on my love for math more than anything. "Interlude" has a nice ring to it too.

Discombobulated. I love how wacky it sounds.

Floccinaucinihilipilification.

The act of becoming nothing.

Wrong

You always feel good when you say that to someone

Futon.
It's just fun as fuck to say!
Fuuuuuuuuuuutooooooooooooon!

I don't have one, though my favourite letter would have to be A, because a lot of my favourite words start with it. Acolyte, Artifice, Apprentice, Artisan, Acquisition, Alchemy, etc.

Other random words I like starting with different letters would be : Eldritch, Macabre, Whismy....wait what was I saying, I think I got sidetracked.

A-D.:
Just on word..

Wobble.

Say it and dont laugh, i dare you.

You got me. And I so thought I could resist too.

Wabbajack.

I heard it on Skyrim and now it's my favourite word.

I have no idea when I started saying "aye" instead of yes consistently.

Cummingtonite

No I did not make that up. That's a an actual mineral.
It's a metamorphic Amphibole, with the chemical formula (Mg,Fe)7Si8O22(OH)2

I like Serendipity myself. Plus I'm usually lucky like a fox.

It feels nice to say ooze. After saying it I just want to go lay down in jelly.

My favourite word has to be Honourificaliburtudinitatabus (I think i spelt it correctly) Its a real word meaning 'without honour'

My favourite word is 'sesquipedalian' :) I also love the words 'imperturbability' and 'marshmallow', I don't know why, they just make me happy.

One of my favourites is the word Ubiquitous, such an odd collection of syllables.

One of my personal favourites is buttwank. It's just so good.

'Cock'
Its brilliant in its simplicity

Chivalry probably. I just love how it sounds and I love the meaning.

"Hitto". It's pretty much "damn" in Finnish. Well, I at least really like saying that. My favourite word in English is probably "Harbinger". I have no idea why it sounds so cool.

Technically. Because with this word you can never be wrong, and be always right.

Defenestration. Such a fun word. It means to throw out a window.

Hopping on the German bandwagon, I'd say it's this one: "Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänskajütenschlüsselloch".
The English folks sure are missing something by not using more compound nouns. :)
(This one means "keyhole of the captain's cabin (on a steamship) of the Danube steamship shipping company")
You could actually go on forever like this. The words would just become more nonsensical (but would still be correct).

In English it's "repurpose" and "nothingness". Don't ask me why.
In French it's the phrase "qu'est-ce que c'est?" ("what is it?"), because it's annoying as hell to spell ^^

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I like "kontraproduktiv" (It's a german word.) because of its sound and because it is an oxymoron.

I have a bizarre affinity for the word "audacious" and consequently "audacity." More the former and I honestly have no idea why I like it so much.

"Indubitably" would be my favorite word.

Conflate is a fun word. It means to basically label two things identical or confluent when they are actually separate, or to otherwise mix. In an argument, conflation is a no-no.

Endoplasmatisch reticulum (Endoplasmic reticulum in dutch)

Phantasmagoria.

Шибано - Bulgarian for "fucked up"

"jeg"

It means "me" or "I" in Danish. I just love saying it with the bale batman voice.

I don't know why. I'm not even Danish, I'm Swedish.

"Gobbledygook" I like it, I want to use it more in conversation.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked