I need an old Wheaties hat, and it's very hard to find...

Hey again, everyone! I know you haven't seen me around in a while (again), but I haven't forgotten about this place, and I still keep in touch with a few of you from here regularly. Now then, on to business.

I'm in a bit of a bind. Not a life-threatening one, mind you, but one that's getting a mite bit aggravating. As you no doubt read in the title, I need a very particular cap. An old Wheaties cap, to be precise. To be EVEN MORE PRECISE, I need one that has only the logo on its front side and is blank on the back, like the one pictured here:

Several Google searches and EBay romps have done me no good. But I know someone out there has to have a hat like this one, it isn't one-of-a-kind. So I ask you, if you or anyone you know has a hat like the one above and is willing to part with it, I will gladly pay any (reasonable) amount to take it off your hands! OR if you happen to know a place or site that makes/sells this exact hat, please fill me in!

Thank you!

Hey! That's Linkara! :3 Or rather...Linkara as 90's Kid. I think...x)

You could email him and ask to buy it?

GothmogII:
Hey! That's Linkara! :3 Or rather...Linkara as 90's Kid. I think...x)

You could email him and ask to buy it?

Yes, that IS 90's Kid, I'm glad you noticed! I actually need said hat FOR a 90's Kid cosplay for next MAGfest. So, needless to say, no, I can't buy the real deal off of Lewis himself, because then HE wouldn't be able to replace it, and I'd feel just awful.

It's not letting me view the image, but it's possible that any of the hats I found on ebay are the one.

LOL, specify needs and wants.

Also why does this put me in the mind of looking like Adam Sandler?

Edit

Trying to remain helpful. If you want something that specific, and given that it was one series of hats that likely is no longer produced, then what you may have to do is purchase one that you dont like in order to get the logo, then take it to an embroidery/screen printing shop, let them cut out the logo out of the hat, then they can reattach it to a base orange cap.

Granted your prolly lookimng at 30-50$ after its all said and done, but if you "need" something that specific then price is likely not going to be an object nor should authenticity.

TheMightyAtrox:
It's not letting me view the image, but it's possible that any of the hats I found on ebay are the one.

That depends, the one I'm looking for is plain on the back and only the Wheaties logo on the front in white.

viranimus:
If you want something that specific, and given that it was one series of hats that likely is no longer produced, then what you may have to do is purchase one that you dont like in order to get the logo, then take it to an embroidery/screen printing shop, let them cut out the logo out of the hat, then they can reattach it to a base orange cap.

Granted your prolly lookimng at 30-50$ after its all said and done, but if you "need" something that specific then price is likely not going to be an object nor should authenticity.

That sounds like a good plan, actually. Though I'll save that option for when I've exhausted all others. I have until January to find it, so there's no rush just yet.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked