So... I've just gone bald. (Drunken decision, I'm not old just yet)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

At my friend's 19th birthday party last night we got into a dare contest that kinda... escalated. The whole thing ended with me having all my hair shaved off. I'm a complete baldy. It's a bit of a shock because I used to have shoulder-length metalhead hair.
My parents haven't quite got used to it, and I get the feeling that a lot of people will be stunned at college tomorrow.

Update:
Okay, so I've decided that I should just go with it. It looks pretty good now that I'm used to it. I've been compared to Daughtry (handsome chappie) + Maynard of Tool (awesome) and a white version of Morpheus (also awesome) and all of those are good things.
I think I'll probably keep it short now (grade 2-ish) and not grow my hair again.

If nothing else, it saves money on shampoo...

Here's a before and after because... meh, may as well:

Before: This is an old pic. The other ones I could find of me pre-shavening have other people in them, and I don't want to put up my mate's pictures online. Hence my hair isn't the full metalhead length.

After:

Also:
Guys, would you ever go bald? Girls, do you ever find the look attractive?

And finally, so that this has discussion value:
What is the biggest change you've made to your appearance and what were people's reactions to it?

Grow a moustache and rock the Samuel L. Jackson look.

My biggest change was when I went away for summer with a normal haircut and came back with John Lennon hair. It worked though.

Rock the bald look. I've done it a few times myself, and it's certainly a lot cooler (temp wise)

I've never shaved my hair completely, but I've come close a few times when I was in the military. I'm sure I would have done it at least once by now if there wasn't such a stigma against it for females and having to deal with constant explanations and stuff.

Anyway, bald is my favorite on guys, though only if they're able to pull it off. Not anyone has the right facial structure for it.

I rocked the bald look and let my hair grow back in.

I didn't think it looked good on me, but I needed a drastic change. Felt a short haircut would be a decent gamechanger.

I have a theory that girls dig bald guys that have confidence and seem undeterred by it.

No hats just go bald. Also our hair tends to come back way more awesome after you shave it off, no real idea why perhaps it is a scalp thing but i did it once and now have fantastic hair.

I was shaved completely bald back when I was 5.
Nothing pulls in the ladies like it. I was literally chased around by girls wanting to touch my head.

I don't know how well it works on older girls though.
You could always say something like "Do you like my head? Come back to my place, and I can give you as much head as you want."

That, or you can seduce toddlers. Whichever.

Well how do you look bald? Some people have very funny shaped heads and they look like a male body part when they don't have hair...

If it looks good, rock the hell out of it.

Jonluw:
You could always say something like "Do you like my head? Come back to my place, and I can give you as much head as you want."

Dear God...you have created the most perfect pickup line ever. Think I could shave my head with my beard trimmer...?

Jonluw:
I was shaved completely bald back when I was 5.
Nothing pulls in the ladies like it. I was literally chased around by girls wanting to touch my head.

I don't know how well it works on older girls though.

That, or you can seduce toddlers. Whichever.

Fuck me, I can't stop laughing. That line was just...brilliant.

OT: I've shaved most of my hair off when it needed cutting for the last 3 years. It's much more simpler to handle.

All I have to say is your choices are limited to a temporary hat or sunscreen. Anything else and you will wish you listened to me. You have been warned.

I'm thinking of going bald, but I have that huge mole on the side of my head. I'll probably remove it at some point.

To answer your question: I've once changed my hair color to orange because I've lost a bet to my first "girlfriend". One of the biggest regret I have ever made....

I actually dont mind bald guys

I would never go bald for obviosu reasons (doesnt work for girls)

I guess this really contradicts with your username.

I've shaved my head before. I usually cut mine very short as is, So it wasn't a huge change. Wasn't really my thing, so I grew it back.

A lot of people find the bald/fuzzy look to be pretty awesome. Don't sweat it. Just tell people you felt like a change. Whether you/they like it or not, it will grow back.

The most radical change I've ever made was from fairly long hair (shoulder blade length) to just around my eyebrow length. It was on the urging of an ex girlfriend, of course. That's what I get for dating a cheerleader at a major U.S. college I guess... I can't say I regret it, since I haven't grown it out again yet, though it might get fairly lengthy soon (I can't cut my hair or shave until after June because of a role I have in an off-off Broadway musical).

I always enjoyed having long hair. Girls seem to dig it. For me it represents a simpler time.

It will be gone when, during my mandatory conscription, I get strapped to a chair and shaved.

I say the bald look doesn't look bad at all. Of course, never wear a beanie, EVER. Even of you have hair, those look ugly.

Really depends on how you look. Some people pull the look off really well, others... not so much.

I've done it before, didn't like it much, so grew it out again. Of course, my hair is kept short anyways, rarely getting over 2"

Pics or it didn't happen.

OT: My default hairstyle is a shaved head, and it's only in the last year that I've let it grow. I'm rocking the shoulder length metal hair at the moment, but sometime soon I'll get the clippers out and say hello to my scalp again.

I guess what I'm saying is: I like both long hair and short hair, I can't really help you with your decision.

From my experience hair grows back pretty fast after you shave it, so if you don't like it you won't be hiding under that hat for too long.

Don't sweat it. Did it for years, growing it long, letting it shave off (by some fine ladies) rinse and repeat.

Briefly, girls like either in some ways, like beards; the stubble looks cool, but the clean shave feels better. Catch 22 'n all that.

Edit: TLDR (? not sure what that means..) Grown a moustache in november, the Mo Bro thing; kept it for 3 months, only got positive response.
Right now I don't cut my hair. For a while. Cause I feel like it.
Also saw the Adams family flick lately with my gf. We decided I'd try to get some Gomez styling going on, not sure it'll work.

Whatever I guess. Ow and to show I'm not only rambling:

Eh, I say forget the hat and be proud of your bald head. Course, I'm not much of a hat person, so there's that.

I went bald when I enlisted in the Army, but haven't done it since then.

Biggest change was right before high school. In middle school, my hair was about 6" all around, and I didn't really do anything with it, so it just hung down. Then in high school I joined JROTC, and promptly found myself with hair less than an inch long. I've kept to military-style haircuts since then.

Like facial hair being bald takes some practice to know how to wear it well. Often you also need a bit of tan on your head so it doesn't look weird to the rest of your skin colour. Certainly practice though, one day you may need it for real...

Do both.

I shave my head down to the skin, plus I wear hats usually if I feel like not expending the energy involved in shaving my head.

Bald is simply better because of the practicality of spending like 3 min in the shower max and in essence only having to fix your hair once or twice a week, amounting to maybe an hour, compared to 5-60 min daily (dependent on how much work you typically put into your doo) Plus if you shave your head, you never have to worry about being unsatisfied with your hairdoo because it will always look the same.

Its cooler, its less work and most men end up going bald or at the very least balding at some point in their life anyway, so theres no point to cling to scraps. If you have any history of baldness in your family, you should grow it back and dont shave it again like that and enjoy it while you still got it.

You know, you went for it. Be awesome and rock the bald. Who knows, maybe it'll grow on you (pun intended).

I had long (ponytail long) hair for about five years. I also grew an out-of-control beard. I loved both of them. Then, last May, I cut off my hair and went clean shaven (mind, I hadn't seen my chin in the past 4 years, either).
I found that I really missed my hair and my beard - so I'm growing my hair back, and now I keep a well-trimmed full beard. But I still live with my hair, which has reached a really awkward length. But I like my long hair, so I'm living with it until it's back.

I was bald when I was getting my chemo...I didn't like it very much.

I have gone bald once when I botched a hair cut, did not bother me none. I just rolled with it.

someonehairy-ish:
At my friend's 19th birthday party last night we got into a dare contest that kinda... escalated. The whole thing ended with me having all my hair shaved off. I'm a complete baldy. It's a bit of a shock because I used to have shoulder-length metalhead hair.
My parents haven't quite got used to it, and I get the feeling that a lot of people will be stunned at college tomorrow. So, I have a few questions for you:

Should I embrace my drunken decision and rock the Corey Taylor/Devin Townsend/insert-bald-rock-star-here look, or should I hide under a hat until I have a decent amount of fuzz again?

Also:
Guys, would you ever go bald? Girls, do you ever find the look attractive?

And finally, so that this has discussion value:
What is the biggest change you've made to your appearance and what were people's reactions to it?

Are you really going to post a topic like this and NOT post a picture? Really? LIKE REALLY?

I have had extremes of hair length a few times, I had very long hair in high school and my first year of university.

I have completely shaved my head three times in my life, once for shave for a cure, the resulting job was so irregular I just had my housemate fix it up with a razor, brought it down to a zero. Then after I had a Mohawk like Robert Deniro in Taxi driver and it grew out into a horrible mullet like hair cut, so I shaved it all off.

Finally last year one of my housemates said he'd shave his head, we figured his girlfriend and mother would talk him out of it, so we agreed we would shave too. He went through with it and so did we, I decided to take it further and remove all of it as I have liked having my hair that short the previous two times (and I idolize Grant Morrison), I actually tried to maintain it for a week before I gave up after cutting a thin but wide chunk out of my ear with a razor when I slipped.

I think the most drastic change was when in high school I traded my long hippy hair for a short, neat and professional cut for my university interview.

KingofallCosmos:
TLDR (? not sure what that means..)

"Too Long, Didnt Read" - originaly posted by lazy bastards who werent bothered to read a long post and just answered with a slightly dickish "TL,DR".

If put at the end of a post you write though its supposed to be a brief summary of what youve written for those who atleast have the will to scroll down. =p

Grow a beard, man. A long beard with a shaven head always looks fucking cool.

About the biggest change to my appearance? When I began developing a passion for extreme metal, I guess the "fashion" of it started appealing to me. I began wearing black band shirts, camo pants and black work boots. Combine that with my mid-back long hair and I got quite a few strange looks. I also remember this one time while walking down the street, someone deliberately avoided me by going across to the other side.

So yeah, apparently my appearance makes closed-minded people feel uncomfortable *shrugs*

Just own it man, that's the best thing you can do.

I actually had a friend shave her head close to the end of the school year two years ago. I was walking around school with her towards the end of the day--I had gotten out early and she had ditched the last bit of her class. She had a reputation as a bit of a druggy, but has a nice side only friends knew, so she was telling me about all stories she made up just to mess with people. She had actually donated her hair to locks of love, but she was telling people that she had gotten really drunk the night before and had woken up with half her head shaven and decided to just shave it all off.

Hiding it is for noobs. Besides, it will make for an amusing story, particularly in college.

I do it, because it's easier to maintain and I hate my blond hair.

It's nice, just make sure to use sunscreen and/or a hat if you're an uber white cracker like me.

My friend Shanna loves bald guys. I have a fetish for long hair on men, long long thick hair.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked