Your "wow im that bad?" moment in life

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mine would have to be when i was in year 4, our year had a sort of "pen licence" (we had been using pencils up till then) which was pretty much just as piece of paper that said "congrats" on it.
And so apparently my writing was so bad I was (to my knowledge) the only person in my year not to get one.
While i got over that quickly, two years later in year 6 one of my friends showed me that he had found my pen license, my first though was "wow it took me that long?"

Then he told me that he had found a whole tray full of them which the school a photo copied and used for scrap paper!

*sigh* what about you escapists?

That time when I burned down an orphanage for sick kittens springs to mind, though it was definitely worth it.

not quite the same but when I geniunily think somthing is good..but then the majority of people dont like it..make me question my own judgment

like for example when people say games mostly have terrible stoies..Ive thourght the stores of alot of games were great....

..so I must really now know what a good story is :/

the fact i still don't know how to read an Analog Clock or know weights and heights.

All those times when I think "You know what would be sorta quikry funny? If I said _____".

And then half a second later I think "Oh, fuck, that'd be horrible. I could have conceivably said something embarassing I'd have to apologise for possibly in the next things minutes maybe, and it'd be the worst thing ever!" and it somehow haunts me much worse than anything else.

It seems as though the better I think I've done on a paper, the lower the grade. The ones I think sucked are the ones I get high marks on. It definitely keeps me off balance!

When I say something I think is funny and am met with stony silence.

Especially bad when you say it to a reasonably sized group of people.

Pretty much when ever we had Football lesson in PE but yet again unlike my classmate I have no passion for Footbal what so ever. I was bad at kicking, tackling and being the goal keeper.
I hated Football so much that when we were into Football again several months later, I got my mum to fake a excuse letter that my toes was acting up again (this was after my ingrowing toenail was fixed but I still had some minor problems).

Ickorus:

This. This a million times. Especially when you're supposed to be the crazy/funny member of your friends. They're always expecting you to deliver.

Whitbane:

Ickorus:

This. This a million times. Especially when you're supposed to be the crazy/funny member of your friends. They're always expecting you to deliver.

The above repeated. Many, many times.

Not me, but someone in my class in the first year of university. We had an open-book multiple choice question (4 choices for each answer) and somehow she still managed to get 20%. I mean, statistically she'd have probably done better just guessing everything.

Trezu:
the fact i still don't know how to read an Analog Clock or know weights and heights.

That sounds like me, I didn't know the difference between left and right until I was probably 15 or 16 :P I would always point to the direction I meant when I wanted to explain stuff directions

whenever i take a long break from an online game then log back on and play my first match and get destroyed im liker seriously all those hours put into perfecting this game and becoming a good player then after afew weeks of playing a different game im back to being a noob

Ix Rebound:
Mine would have to be when i was in year 4, our year had a sort of "pen licence" (we had been using pencils up till then) which was pretty much just as piece of paper that said "congrats" on it.
And so apparently my writing was so bad I was (to my knowledge) the only person in my year not to get one.
While i got over that quickly, two years later in year 6 one of my friends showed me that he had found my pen license, my first though was "wow it took me that long?"

Then he told me that he had found a whole tray full of them which the school a photo copied and used for scrap paper!

*sigh* what about you escapists?

I didnt learn to write properly until halfway through highschool :P It was the one thing holding me down in the lower levels. Once i finally learnt, rocketed straight to the top.

Long time ago, in Year 7, I was handing in my art homework to the teacher.
He looked at the picture, then back to me and said

"You are the worst painter I have ever seen in my 20 years of teaching."

I knew I was bad, but THAT bad?

Aurgelmir:

Trezu:

That sounds like me, I didn't know the difference between left and right until I was probably 15 or 16 :P I would always point to the direction I meant when I wanted to explain stuff directions

Took me ages as well, I used to imagine holding a PS2 controller and think "So if R1 is on the right side..." :P

Trezu:

I am the same with the clock

I was the one with the lowest grade in math. People would ask me what percentage I got then say "oh good, at least I didn't get that."
I have feelings too, you know?! >>

Jiffex:
Took me ages as well, I used to imagine holding a PS2 controller and think "So if R1 is on the right side..." :P

That's actually a good way to remember xD
My nephew is a gamer and I told him to do just that.

I'm still not certain about the order of the alphabet..or the order of months

That's pretty much my entire life. I'm usually so far behind everyone else in everything, that it feels pointless trying to keep up sometimes.

That almost every time I voice my opinions, people look at me with disbelief and vague horror, and I realise how incredibly cynical and detached my view of the world is.
Should probably work on that.

Well, my ex-girlfriend dumped me because things had (to her) essentially gotten boring aside from the sexual element.

I really wish I could go back and do over the date where she met my parents...

I was essentially over it, but today I kind of passed by her while I was talking to this girl I'm (just) friends with. After passing her by, we (me and the friend) sat outside of class before it started, and talked about it a little.

Anyway, later in the class, people were making jokes about my "rudeness" (a running joke in my english class) and amidst all the laughter, this same girl just goes "see, that's why you don't have a girlfriend."

Really kind of brought it all back, and I feel fucking worthless.

When I was going into 1st grade and unknowingly told a dirty joke to my Catholic Nun

principal in front of my parents. I didn't realize what I had done until I was 13.

Binnsyboy:
Well, my ex-girlfriend dumped me because things had (to her) essentially gotten boring aside from the sexual element.

I really wish I could go back and do over the date where she met my parents...

I was essentially over it, but today I kind of passed by her while I was talking to this girl I'm (just) friends with. After passing her by, we (me and the friend) sat outside of class before it started, and talked about it a little.

Anyway, later in the class, people were making jokes about my "rudeness" (a running joke in my english class) and amidst all the laughter, this same girl just goes "see, that's why you don't have a girlfriend."

Really kind of brought it all back, and I feel fucking worthless.

"That's why you don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend" is probably the fastest way to completely kill someone's self-esteem. I know that feel, bro.

My personal "Wow, okay, what the hell" moment would have to be my various confused interactions with Push/Pull doors, which I will Pull/Push respectively. Even ones that I'm regularly familiar with.

I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy.
Child prodigy and all that guff. Legend in my own mind.
You know, as people do.

But people keep pointing out to me that I have just lit the wrong end of my cigarette.
Crash. Back down to earth, Baff you numpty.
It seems to happen quite a lot these days.

My hand writing comes to mind. After so long using a keyboard it has degenerated into a mess a squibles.

Well my story is pretty extreme but here it goes. One time in 12th grade I got into a huge argument with a girl friend (just a girl who was a friend) and I got so mad so I tried to say something to really hurt her. I noticed 3 years ago scars on her arm that implied she cut herself and then when I asked her ex boyfriend (my best friend), he said that yeah she was a cutter and suffered from really bad depression. Anyways, I told her she should have finished the job that she started on her arms and I felt so good and it did strike her because she thought nobody knew besides her ex.

...when I thought about it later I felt like such a huge piece of shit for saying that. I had never told anybody to kill themselves before, and I went and told it to someone who has a real good chance of doing it.

tl;dr- I told a girl to keep cutting herself so she'd die. We made up eventually but things werent the same after. I felt like crap :(

I have a record of doing stellar cakes and stuff atwork, but if something goes wrong once it is made out to be the end of my employment.

Only thing I can think of is telling my pothead coworker to stop crying about her dead friend and get back to it. Turns out they were alive anyway, so guiltless here.

I don't think it counts but im going to say that i sometimes add to a conversation a second after its died and when no ones paying attention so i kind of fade out the sentence into a whisper then silence and act like i never said anything, I guess you could say im bad at communicating and making myself heard.

Vault101:
not quite the same but when I geniunily think somthing is good..but then the majority of people dont like it..make me question my own judgment

like for example when people say games mostly have terrible stoies..Ive thourght the stores of alot of games were great....

..so I must really now know what a good story is :/

That's how I feel when I get into the Gears of War story as I play the games. Generally the storylines are crap but the universe is just so interesting as far as the weapons, technology, and lifeforms.

Ickorus:

Happened twice to me today, I usually just give the argument that I found it amusing and that's all that matters but... Ah well XD

About a month ago i was diagnosed with basically the most mild version of autism. It's not even specific, just something in the 'autism spectrum'. But that made me think that, is that the only thing I have going for me? Am I only different from other people because of this? I used to think of myself, I used to have this me vs the world mentality. Even if I didn't have this I'd still find that silly in time anyway, but still. I've always thought of other people as different from me. But in the past month or so I've talked to someone, and heard others talk. I feel less unique. Like my appearance and name is the only part of me that's unique. That was a kind of wow i'm that bad moment. But I must stress, I'm not depressed or anything. And I don't feel this way overall. I deal with this problem(if you call it that) like any other problem. If it doesn't affect me in my day to day things, in a negative way. I don't even think about it. I just ignore it. It just made me think, and a few moments I felt like this.

my memories not too great in the short term, for example i sometimes forget if i have eaten lunch/breakfast or not and then remember eating lunch but usually turns out to be from yesterday...

makes for a nice surprise though when you make a cup of tea forget it's there and come back for a surprise that tea has magically appeared

Flamezdudes:

Ickorus:

Happened twice to me today, I usually just give the argument that I found it amusing and that's all that matters but... Ah well XD

A couple years ago I took up the personal motto "as long as someone laughed, it was worth it."

Seems to work pretty well, as I typically laugh at my own jokes.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked