Am I the only one sick of hearing about "The Hunger Games" constantly?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I have nothing against the series or people who love the series. But I'm sick of just hearing about it. With me personally it's just meh, It's not the worst series but at the same time it's not the best. So again; am I the only one who is sick and tired of constantly hearing people talk about The Hunger Games?

I had never heard of Hunger Games until all the marketing hype came out recently with the upcoming film. My attitude towards the film is a resounding "meh", but that's because i'm a 21 year old male, so well out of the target demographic for this film.

I'll admit MovieBob's review made me feel somewhat smug.

yeah?...

well I'm sick of hearing about ME3's ending

and a few months before that I was sick of hearing about Skyrim

...you know, thease things happen

Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.

Yeah, it sounds stupid as fuck.

I can deal with the hype though.

It's really just a rip off of Battle Royal.

Battle Royale was better. More brutal, more disturbing and it made me feel terrible for watching something like it.

I am also sick of it. Every couple of months there is some book/movie/other thing that the internet starts obsessing over. It gets old.

EDIT: like the guy above me also said: Battle Royale is a much darker, and imo, better movie.

Vault101:
yeah?...

And Twilight, and Harry Potter, and Justin Beiber, and Hannah Montana, and, and, and, and.....

*AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH*

Seriously, if I wanted to know about this shit, I'd still own a television, and I'd watch commercials.

Edit:

While I know nothing about 'Battle Royale' (and don't have time to google itbefore work), this sounds like a variation on the theme from 'The Long Walk', 'The Running Man', etc, with kids and a PG-13 rating.

Uhhh...better stay away from the gaming discussion forum then if you get sick of stuff fast *grin* But yeah I can understand it, hype aversion is something I have a thing with too.

Aerodyamic:

While I know nothing about 'Battle Royale' (and don't have time to google itbefore work), this sounds like a variation on the theme from 'The Long Walk', 'The Running Man', etc, with kids and a PG-13 rating.

Ummm. No. BR is most definitely not PG-13.

Yes. I haven't read it, admittedly, but maybe I'll give it a look after all the hype dies down. Maybe.

Nope. Not at all.

Every time I hear about it means that there's a chance that someone else might read/watch it, which is okay in my books. Plus, being a fan of it doesn't hurt.

OP saw herself talking about the Hunger Games and it made her feel sick again.

I haven't been hearing about it -constantly- per se; people at my school barely even talk about it, so the only marketing hype I'm confronted with is from TV, which I seldom watch anyway.

I've seen few bits of marketing and few threads here. You should have been here during Skyrim's release, it has been calculated that the number of threads on the front page relating to skyrim actually exceeded the gross national product of the Spanish republic

oh i haven't :/

If I was sick, why would I want to hear about it from you?

Do you have friends that are into it or something? Cos otherwise, I haven't heard of it really and I wanted the movie and all :\

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say.

YOU

ARE

NEVER

THE

ONLY

ONE

PLEASE, UNDERSTAND THIS! I swear, it should be against the forum rules to make a thread that begins with "Am I the only one who..."

No. All the threads about it drown in the Mass Effect 3 threads- Now that I am getting sick of.

Hype. It's a funny old thing, endless cycles of wash, rinse, repeat. Usually that just means I have to stay off any social networking sites for a few days and game/draw/ignore people to death.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

YOU

ARE

NEVER

THE

ONLY

ONE

PLEASE, UNDERSTAND THIS! I swear, it should be against the forum rules to make a thread that begins with "Am I the only one who..."

kaptcha: "love you"
Kinda summarized everything, cause you essentially posted this before I did.

Nope your not, I'm even more pissed off about hearing about how "great/good/engrosing/captivating/mustseefilmofthecentury" the movie was.

..........................IT WAS GARBAGE!!! Slow arse asthmatic snail paced garbage at that.

So no.
You aren't.
I've been sick of it for months.

I'm not sick of hearing about it but that's because I wasn't interested to begin with.

I've already seen Running Ma......awh shit. If I say it's like The Running Man or Battle Royale then people will think I'm just quoting Bob.

Nuts.

Hannabella Doe:
I have nothing against the series or people who love the series. But I'm sick of just hearing about it. With me personally it's just meh, It's not the worst series but at the same time it's not the best. So again; am I the only one who is sick and tired of constantly hearing people talk about The Hunger Games?

arent you more sick about people complaining about mass effect 3 or the twilight abomination saga?

Western book / film rips off Asian idea / book / film that only a few people bothered to see but because its now in english omfgbestthingever.

Vault101:
yeah?...

Tell me about ME3. I accidently read the fucking ending because some dicks cant use spoiler tags. Yes im angry. It wasnt even mass effect related! >:C

I liked the hunger games but the books were a lot better, the fighting was toned down to a 12 for some reason. Kinda took the punch out of it. Other than that i loved it because for the first time they had the author write the screenplay. Thats kickass. It also meant it was the first book to film movie that kept 99.999% of the plot.

VonKlaw:
Western book / film rips off Asian idea / book / film that only a few people bothered to see but because its now in english omfgbestthingever.

I bet the same thing happens overseas, mate.

Plus, a few friends of mine that were interested in 'The Hunger Games', have picked up Battle Royale; so isn't that a good thing? Bit of a gateway book?

Naeras:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

YOU

ARE

NEVER

THE

ONLY

ONE

kaptcha: "love you"
Kinda summarized everything, cause you essentially posted this before I did.

You realize that's just a turn of phrase, right? I'm sure these people are well aware that they're not really the only one. What they really want is validation of their opinion. Getting hung up on their choice of words when I'm sure you know perfectly well what they meant just makes you look like an @$$. Just saying.

OT: No, not really. You know what I am sick of hearing about? The fucking ending to Mass Effect 3. Would you people get over it already?

Aside from a poster at the bus stop and Movie Bobs review, I've heard fuck all about The Hunger Games. I'm kind of surprised by the people here complaining about it. Is it a regional thing? Maybe it's being hyped a lot in the US, but I seriously don't hear about it here in Holland. Not that I care to. Maybe it's because I don't watch television?

I like people talking about The Hunger Games. It gives me a chance to rub in their faces how lame the movie was.

Shouldn't you first ask "Am I the only one who is constantly hearing about The Hunger Games?" =P

Because I sure haven't been hearing about it constantly.

Yes, but it's mostly off my girlfriend, since I barely interact with the outside world these days. Oh, and all the merchandise I keep seeing in various stores I go in. I'm not sure who in this world is dying for an official Hunger Games umbrella.

I've promised the aforementioned lady-partner that I will read the first book though, since I made her read some Terry Pratchett books. I guess I'll make my judgement on the series then.

Not really, as there hasn't been that much hype IMO, at least compared to all that damnable Mass Effect 3 shit. It's really annoying, it's absolutely EVERYWHERE. God I hate it.

canadamus_prime:

You realize that's just a turn of phrase, right?

Yes.
Duh.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked