What is your opinion on hitting a woman?
Never ever under any circumstance
10.5% (94)
10.5% (94)
I'd never hit a woman, I'd only hit a woman back
30.3% (271)
30.3% (271)
Her gender is irrelevant to my decision
49.7% (444)
49.7% (444)
I pimpslap chicks on a daily basis
3.9% (35)
3.9% (35)
I am a woman
4.9% (44)
4.9% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you ever hit a woman?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

If she's trying to actively hurt/kill me then the bitch is going down. Other than that highly unlikely situation though, no never.

If someone hits you and you hit them back, that's likely to turn into a fist fight. Surely self defence would mean restraining someone, not attempting to beat them up?

Being violent towards someone is not the appropriate reaction to them being violent.

Apart from the whole YOU SHOULDN'T BE HITTING ANYONE ANYWAY thing, I think the issue should not be about men hitting women but about bigger people hitting smaller people. My boyfriend is three quarters of my size and if I hit him I could probably break his ribs (and if he hit me he could possibly break his own hand), so I would say that means it would be worse for me to hit him than for him to hit me.
Most guys are bigger than most girls but not all, so it shouldn't be based on gender necessarily.

I'm not a sexist. Somebody's trying to hurt me be it financially, psychologically, emotionally or physically I will desire to give them the pain of a thousand rabid dogs biting at their flesh.

I'd hit a woman under the same circumstances i'd hit a man.
And there aren't too many of those, i generally don't hit people.

I can't really think of any other reason other than self defence, and if a woman has decided to attack me for some reason, i can't think of anything MORE sexist than deciding she is too weak to defend against because of her gender.

In a perfect world, I'd never hit anyone.

Since not possible:

I don't strike first. I have never started a physical fight in my life. All of the physical fights I have been in have been against other men, so the question hasn't come up, but if a woman were to hit me or be about to hit me her gender would make absolutely no difference to my response.

If you're going to provoke a physical response, man or woman, be prepared to receive one in return.

Due to my upbringing, I cannot under any circumstances hit a woman. Maybe it's the "Southerner" thing but I can't.

Most women I have known are smaller and not as strong/resilient as me and most other men are, therefore I would only hit a women if it is necessarily. If bitches be crazy a square punch to the nose normally gets the to sit down for a while.

I'm a woman, and I wouldn't hit anyone, unless in self-defense, and even then I'd be far more likely to run away.

I did hit a boy who was harassing me in junior high, and felt really bad about it. (Also it kinda just encouraged him)
I think violence is wrong, and I'm just not a violent person.

I am a woman and in that situation you where right.

And now, to continue my habit of digging up old, rotting corpses posts, giving them a fresh coat of paint and putting them back on the market each time a repeat thread comes up:

OmniscientOstrich:
If I can, I'd like to avoid hitting anyone. Thus far in my life I've not really gotten into a proper fight and haven't full on punched either gender. I'll only fight a guy in self-defense, but there's something deeply ingrained in me that just feels wrong about hitting a woman. Don't get me wrong, like some of the people have mentioned if she's pulling a knife/gun on you, you've every right to take her down. But otherwise I really couldn't hit a girl, I'm a pretty big guy so I'd like to think I could restrain most girls assaulting me without having to resort to striking her. Although if a female kickboxer ever starts a fight with me I'm screwed 0_0. But like I said, I've never encountered a situation where I've had to defend myself forcibly against a woman and hopefully I never will.

Vault101:
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

Really? Weren't there studies where both genders had similar capabilities regardless of being a man or a woman.

-----------------------------

I don't usually hit people. But if you are a dick and making someones life worse, then you got to learn that gender equality means that you won't be treated different because of gender, violence or not.

Where's the "only cause she's been naughty and not called me master" or "possibly with a riding crop" options? :)

/obligatory perviness

That said, I try not to hit *anyone* regardless of gender. If I have cause to defend myself, so be it, but I'd try to exhaust every other option available if I can :)

as Duke nukem would say;

"i'm an equal oppotunity ass kicker"

though i would hold back on instinct, unless its one of those husband beaters because they are just abusing their position.

Hell yeah! Them bitches need to take a punch in the face before they get equal rights. Not punching them in the face would make me a sexist lololol.

OP: If it's in self-defense, sure, fair's fair, even then, if you have the ability to just restrain someone who's attacking you, that's what you should do, regardless of gender. Thinking you can hit women (and men for that matter) unprovoked under the guise of being an equal opportunities employer is bullshit though.

Then again, I'm not a violent person. I'm more of the passive-aggressive type.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but...

If she can walk like and man and can talk like a man, she can drop like a man.

I wouldn't swing on anyone unprovoked, but I'll be damned if I let someone walk all over me.

magicaxis:
I'm quite curious as to the popular opinion on this topic. Traditional values say we should not hit anyone, ESPECIALLY women. But now with equality and all that, perhaps the common consensus has shifted?

What is your opinion?

I'll tell you my story:
In year 9, a girl in my science class named Danielle would, every second day, sneak up to me and slap me across the face - hard. She'd then laugh and waltz off, knowing she was untouchable.
After a week and a half of this, I saw her coming. She went in for a slap, I caught her arm with mine and backhanded her as hard as I could with the other. She never bothered me again, and I was cheered.

I believe I acted properly. Do you?

I have to ask, is there a reason why she did this?

Never ever under any circumstance.

I'm sexist like that.

Aprilgold:

Vault101:
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

Really? Weren't there studies where both genders had similar capabilities regardless of being a man or a woman.

I don't usually hit people. But if you are a dick and making someones life worse, then you got to learn that gender equality means that you won't be treated different because of gender, violence or not.

Im speaking VERY generally..there are weak men and there are strong women

but as much as I am a big beliver in eqauality.....theres no escaping the fact that men simply have more muscle..and are just built differently..thats not sexism thats science, I guess the real question is how and when this is an issue in day to day life

a husband who beats up his wife is scum because theres not alot she can do to defend herself, he has physical dominance over her (short of pulling a knife on him)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRBt8_1yf4

:)

Nah, I'd rather try to pin her to the ground without being to violent. I weigh around 220 pounds, am 1,93m tall and lift weights, so unless I'm dealing with She-Hulk, a full force attack would be likely to cause critical or even lethal damage to someone of half my mass.

In case I consider her being an actual threat to my beloved ones, I wouldn't hesitate to crush her skull with bare hands though.

Mama always taught me never to hit a girl...but be that as it may...if I absolutely had to? I'd consider it. Even then I may just run/walk away

Depends if she intends to cause me long term pain. If it's just a punch and I lose no teeth over it I would take it and just socially scorn her but if she means to do some long term pain I would fight back as if it were a man.

I'm a woman but I picked her gender is irrelevant. Maybe it's because of my gender but the only time I'd hit a person is if we were in a fight or self defense so gender doesn't matter.

Though it seems most of the debate is whether it's okay to punch a woman for being a bitch, and I don't think it's right to punch anyone for being a jerk. If they aren't physically attacking you it's never okay to hit them even if they're a guy. I guess also being a woman I have to ask is it really that hard to fight words with words? Punching them is like bringing a knife to a fistfight.

Vault101:

Aprilgold:

Vault101:

Im speaking VERY generally..there are weak men and there are strong women

but as much as I am a big beliver in eqauality.....theres no escaping the fact that men simply have more muscle..and are just built differently..thats not sexism thats science, I guess the real question is how and when this is an issue in day to day life

a husband who beats up his wife is scum because theres not alot she can do to defend herself, he has physical dominance over her (short of pulling a knife on him)

Ok now that is going so far to one side you sound like a Internet-White-Knight. There have been reports of Women raping Men, which would require physical dominance in order to keep the subject in control. Just like you said, its bloody science.

Muscle doesn't fully translate into strength. Bigger Muscles doesn't mean that smaller muscles can't pack a punch.

I don't want any of this "Woman are poor and defenseless creatures that need to be cherished" because a chick can as easily whoop a dudes ass as a dude can whoop her ass. Training and technique will always prevail over those who aren't.

I fully support gender equality, and thus if I'm ever hit by a woman and feel the need to retaliate, I'll hit her back the same way I would any guy.

If a woman wants to hit a man, they damn well better be prepared to fight like one.

I'd only hit a woman if I was protecting myself.

If a woman is shoving me around or trying to hit me, and they don't have a VERY valid reason to do so, and they refuse to listen to reason...I will sucker punch them in the gut.

It's a last resort kinda deal. But if it comes down to it, I would do it.

magicaxis:
I believe I acted properly. Do you?

I think you did. It's not the best solution, but it's definitely an acceptable one, given the circumstances.

If I'm fighting with anyone, you know something bad has gone down to make it so, at that point gender is irrelevant, whomever I'm up against, is either going down hard, or has to kill me.

I don't live in a black and white world, but I do live by a code that states that I will not do any undeserved harm to anyone, only exception to that is when I'm training someone, then there might be some times where I give em a smack to teach em to move quicker, but still.

Yeah, I generally don't have to hit people, but when I do, gender is meaningless.

OP: I think you acted appropriately.

For myself, I believe in full, 100% equality. I treat everyone the same until they give me a reason to do otherwise. I don't start fights, but if someone attacks me, I'm hitting them back, no matter what gender they are.

I'd hit a woman for the same reasons I'd hit a guy, to defend myself or others. I think that counts as equality. I'm not big on getting into fights willy nilly, so I tend to need a pretty good reason.

Adam Jensen:
It all depends on the situation. I normally wouldn't hit anyone. I'm a pretty calm guy. And I wouldn't hit a woman unless she did something extremely drastic. I'm pretty physically capable and I'm not always aware of my own strength. Or so I'm told. For the sake of argument lets say if a woman were to kill my entire family in front of me. You can bet your ass I'd hit her. I'd do more than that. I'd kill her with pleasure.

Or if I had to slap a woman to save my own life. Sure, why not?

it's interesting that you would choose to slap a woman to save your life as opposed to juct punching her in the face but whatever, if you can stop an assailant with a single slap that would be hilarious.

If anyone, regardless of their gender attacks me or my girlfriend, I'm not going to hesitate to defend myself or her.

I'd never hit a woman, then again I'd never hit a man, unless they were going to attack me or my girlfriend

I dont condone violence at all, however i admit i have been violent at times. when it comes to women i see no difference. to be honest the only differences i see between women and men is what to play with, where to stick it and that only one has the chance of pregnancy

well I sure as hell wouldn't be like this.

Adam Jensen:
It all depends on the situation. I normally wouldn't hit anyone. I'm a pretty calm guy. And I wouldn't hit a woman unless she did something extremely drastic. I'm pretty physically capable and I'm not always aware of my own strength. Or so I'm told. For the sake of argument lets say if a woman were to kill my entire family in front of me. You can bet your ass I'd hit her. I'd do more than that. I'd kill her with pleasure.

Or if I had to slap a woman to save my own life. Sure, why not?

LIES!!! YOU LIE ADAM JENSEN!!!

That was an unprovoked assault on the numerous clubbers and bouncers over something as trivial as the bartender's joke!

As for me, I acknowledge that most men are stronger than most women and will do my best not to get into fights with them seeing as how it would end very messily and with at least one criminal charge. I've never met a girl who was stronger than me. When I did mixed martial arts classes in high school, I never lost to a single girl. Ever. I would beat girls in grappling and sparring who were belts higher than me and the same size as me.

I don't usually hit people regardless of gender, but if she was really asking for it, i would.

If it's self-defense, I would hit the person, regardless of gender.
If it's not self-defense, I wouldn't hit the person, regardless of gender.

captcha: "sun tzu says"
So apparently Sun Tzu agrees with me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked