What is your opinion on hitting a woman?
Never ever under any circumstance
10.5% (94)
10.5% (94)
I'd never hit a woman, I'd only hit a woman back
30.3% (271)
30.3% (271)
Her gender is irrelevant to my decision
49.8% (445)
49.8% (445)
I pimpslap chicks on a daily basis
3.9% (35)
3.9% (35)
I am a woman
4.9% (44)
4.9% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you ever hit a woman?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I already have hit a girl,because she was in my way when I was furious,during a fight.
When it comes to violence,gender is meaningless to me,I just aim for the head.

If they provoke it I honestly see no problem with it. I would never hit anybody in even the most heated of arguments, but if the woman attacked me, she will be in for a world of hurt. It's a shitty defense to make that she can hit me, but I'm not allowed to hit back because women are too frail. She should have considered that before provoking the guy who could wreck her.

I'm sure this has been said before, I was in too much of a rush to read all of the responses (sorry, I'm at school and I don't have a lot of time atm), but I find the very idea that one's decision to perform a violent act on someone would be dependent on the gender of the person to be archaic, sexist, and extremely disturbing.

In my opinion, however, the horrible truth of the matter is that a fair number of the girls I grew up with were raised in a manner that made them incapable of dealing with violence, even playful violence, in a constructive manner. They were molded from the day they were born into what their parents and society thought they should be: porcelain dolls with no understanding of the real world. Sadly, while some of them did, many of them never looked beyond that in the time I knew them. I hope they do someday. Before it's too late.

Sexist is a word you hear a lot these days, but in reality (in my opinion, at least), the vast majority of the differences between the minds of females and males that 'sexist' people perceive are a result of cultural standards, the way it's so common to treat female children different than male children, and how the expectations that are placed, even unknowingly, on children based on their gender affects their growth and development.

It is unreasonable to expect both genders to act and think in identical manners, but the very act of 'protecting' one gender, even if it's written into our DNA, is ridiculous.

magicaxis:

In year 9, a girl in my science class named Danielle would, every second day, sneak up to me and slap me across the face - hard. She'd then laugh and waltz off, knowing she was untouchable.

Woah, what? The exact same thing happened to me (girl in science class slapping me), and I had the same reaction, with the same outcome (not happening again).

I'd hit a woman in whatever situation I'd hit a man in. I don't give special treatment based on what's in your pants. If you're a giant jackass, I don't care if you have an X or Y chromosome; You still have it coming.

magicaxis:
I'm quite curious as to the popular opinion on this topic. Traditional values say we should not hit anyone, ESPECIALLY women. But now with equality and all that, perhaps the common consensus has shifted?

What is your opinion?

I'll tell you my story:
In year 9, a girl in my science class named Danielle would, every second day, sneak up to me and slap me across the face - hard. She'd then laugh and waltz off, knowing she was untouchable.
After a week and a half of this, I saw her coming. She went in for a slap, I caught her arm with mine and backhanded her as hard as I could with the other. She never bothered me again, and I was cheered.

I believe I acted properly. Do you?

Absolutely. Gender equality does not mean you don't hurt them. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, and I've seen girls that can take 3 or 4 guys in combat at a time. When people were considering if they should hit them, that's usually when the girls kicked their asses.

Equality not superiority.

Vault101:
women are generally weaker and generally (when hit by a man) recieve alot more damage, its not a fair fight

Ah yes, woman-on-woman sexism. One of the few types of discrimination still considered acceptable.

Mortai Gravesend:
Pretty sure 'traditional values' don't say not to hit anyone. If so a special prohibition on women would be quite irrelevant.

Most cultures take a very different attitude to men fighting one another. A lot of physical bullying is even dismissed as "boys will be boys," even when we're talking about adults.

As a slight tangent, but rape in the military is often dismissed the same way.

manic_depressive13:
If someone smaller than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would make me an asshole because I would win.

Wow, what an incredibly naive statement.

I didn't think I'd be telling this story again any time soon, but why not. The Dojo I used to train at, prior to my shoulder injury, one of the highest ranked folks there was a woman who not only had respectable chops in the forms taught there, but was also an instructor in another art (I think, though i may be wrong, that it was Tae Kwon Do). She was also all of 4'11".

I think Yoda says it best: Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?

But hey, I'm 6'5" and rarely outsized by anyone, so I bet I decimate everyone who picks a fight with me....

That being said, I'd prefer not to hit anyone. When I DO get into a fight, which I'd still rather not, I prefer to use rather passive moves.

Only if she keeps on hitting me and its starting to hurt

Ain't a person to start a fight or hit without reason.

But if someone comes at me in a manner where I feel my life is threatened, I wouldn't care whether it's a disabled person, a woman or heck a kid (is thinking of child soldiers).

See I have this thing called retina thinning, basically the connections from my eyes to the brain are fragile. Basically a shock of sufficient force (a hard punch) can make me blind FOR LIFE quite easily.

Now I'm not a physically weak guy, I look quite healthy and can hold my own in shows of strength, but I ain't gonna be holding back with the above in mind. I can't afford to underestimate those who would wish me harm so I've learned to be wary of anyone despite their looks and not care about society's conventional opinion.

Gonna be honest, I want to punch some asshole girl as much as I would like to punch an asshole guy - if they are being pricks.

verdant monkai:

You assume she doesn't 'know' how to hurt you. As has been said above, there are a very large number of girls than could take the majority of the male race apart with little effort. Machismo aside my friend, the truth is that the human body, the male body too, is quite fragile. Anyone who know how to hurt it doesn't NEED to keep hitting you. If you let them aim a strike, you'll go down immediately.

I wouldn't hit anyone with all my strength unless I meant to kill them. Anything less is sparring, or playfighting to me. But I know most people haven't known and trained for conflict the way I have, so my general rule is one of pacifism... or, in extreme situations, grappling takedowns. Anything requiring more than that is why I always have a firearm.

As for "hitting someone because you're angry"... I regard that as the realm of children. My nephews do that. It's cute, but they get reprimanded for it.

I'd never go out and hit a women. Only in self defense..... possible revenge actually. But whatever she did to drive me to that would have to be drastic.

Fuck no hitting women is for pussies real men choke a bitch instead. Also a good old backhand/pimp slap is not actually considered hitting, its just a way of showing your love.

loc978:
I wouldn't hit anyone with all my strength unless I meant to kill them. Anything less is sparring, or playfighting to me. But I know most people haven't known and trained for conflict the way I have, so my general rule is one of pacifism... or, in extreme situations, grappling takedowns. Anything requiring more than that is why I always have a firearm.

As for "hitting someone because you're angry"... I regard that as the realm of children. My nephews do that. It's cute, but they get reprimanded for it.

That is an extremely wise philosophy. I've never been in a real fight, and in my current physical condition, I'm pretty sure a 12 year old could beat me up and take my lunch money with little problem(I'm 20). Still, I think you're entirely correct in your rules: violence is something that is taken too lightly by a large number of people.

The Rainmaker:
Gonna be honest, I want to punch some asshole girl as much as I would like to punch an asshole guy - if they are being pricks.

argeed completely here man, no matter of gender if you be a dispectful prick to someone i am more than willing to teach you some Manners through a language all people understand

Hah. At some point when I'm drifting the forums, trying to have interesting discussions, I always start wondering why I try. So many immature and really irritating people who don't seem to put any thought at all into their post. *sigh*

"Fuck no hitting women is for pussies real men choke a bitch instead. Also a good old backhand/pimp slap is not actually considered hitting, its just a way of showing your love."

Some people...even their attempts at jokes (my god I hope it's a joke. *facepalm*) are aggravatingly childish.

Better question: Would you ever hit anyone?

Bar self defense, keep your hands off others thanks.

(Bar sex, also. Sex is okay. You can use your hands for that.)

Why the hell not. Women can be as stupid as men.

i try not to hit things in general... but if i'm attacked by a living thing i tend to punch it in the face. I've done it to a dog, a goose, and a male human. so far a female uman hasn't attacked me.

gender doesn't matter, species doesn't matter.

Yes, under the same circumstances under which I would hit a man.
Gender makes no difference to me, if you deserve the fists then you get the fists!

If she struck me first.

I would never hit a woman in my life but I'll shake the shit out of her.

/ChrisRock

Zachary Amaranth:

manic_depressive13:
If someone smaller than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would make me an asshole because I would win.

Wow, what an incredibly naive statement.

I didn't think I'd be telling this story again any time soon, but why not. The Dojo I used to train at, prior to my shoulder injury, one of the highest ranked folks there was a woman who not only had respectable chops in the forms taught there, but was also an instructor in another art (I think, though i may be wrong, that it was Tae Kwon Do). She was also all of 4'11".

Woah, calm down. I should have said weaker but I was speaking very generally. I don't doubt that (small) girls can beat the shit out of people. Hell, my brother used to fight professionally and he taught me to fight himself. I could probably beat plenty of people bigger than me in a fight and I'm a girl. Most people don't actually know how to fight, after all. The point here is that I don't want to. It's not okay to hit people, big or small, thick or thin. Fuck, why is that such a difficult concept to grasp.

I would never hit a human being.

Do no harm, I say.

Well. time for me to move on. Obviously there is no discussion to be had here.

I'd be less likely to lose my temper and hit someone if they were female (but that's moot as I don't do that ever), it would probably influence how hard I would hit them - but if I need to hit someone, I need to hit someone. And if they're a serious threat, I obviously wouldn't hold back - and I've known plenty of girls who could handle themselves in a fight.

manic_depressive13:
I would never hit anyone at all, not even in retaliation or in self defence. If someone bigger than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would be stupid because I would lose. If someone smaller than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would make me an asshole because I would win. The only reasonable thing to do is run, run away.

If they are stronger than you i imagine they are faster than you. You just take the beating? I imagine it would change in a life or death situation also.

I wouldnt retaliate with force to any violent outburst unless it was clear this person is maliciously going to attack me and not see reason no matter what my reaction is. The appropriate response then is to restrain them or otherwise escape rather than to batter them for pain, but if you gotta hit id say go ahead and hit. Do try and diffuse the situation first though.

I use the same standard for either gender: if I need to defend myself from assault, I will do what it takes to gain the time to seek safety. This includes everything from a push up through emptying a magazine from a firearm.

That said, it has been nearly a decade since I needed to use violence to resolve any sort of problem and thus far the only female to drive me to violence was my sister and we were children.

The only reason you should hit anyone is either in self-defence or to protect somebody else. Gender doesn't come into it, not for me anyway.

BiscuitTrouser:

manic_depressive13:
I would never hit anyone at all, not even in retaliation or in self defence. If someone bigger than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would be stupid because I would lose. If someone smaller than me attacked me for whatever reason, fighting them would make me an asshole because I would win. The only reasonable thing to do is run, run away.

If they are stronger than you i imagine they are faster than you. You just take the beating? I imagine it would change in a life or death situation also.

I'm quite fast. I'm also quite good at taking hits. If I couldn't escape I would take the beating. If I couldn't take it, I'd die. Then I would be dead and whoever started the fight would (presumably) feel validated and that way we both win.

Verzin:

verdant monkai:

You assume she doesn't 'know' how to hurt you. As has been said above, there are a very large number of girls than could take the majority of the male race apart with little effort. Machismo aside my friend, the truth is that the human body, the male body too, is quite fragile. Anyone who know how to hurt it doesn't NEED to keep hitting you. If you let them aim a strike, you'll go down immediately.

You are the one making assumptions here not me. I don't want to hit anyone, some girls may be able to knock me down with one punch, I already know that and I will do my damnedest not to piss them off.
I can only just understand you, your wording is appalling. But if you are accusing me of having overtly Machismo ideas then F*CK OFF. I have the greatest respect for nearly all girls that's why I would not hit one unless I was getting attacked by one. Sorry if I am wrong there.

Illusive man "Don't presume to judge me or my actions"

Black Arrow Officer:
LIES!!! YOU LIE ADAM JENSEN!!!
That was an unprovoked assault on the numerous clubbers and bouncers over something as trivial as the bartender's joke!

Have you seen HBO's show "Episodes"? Matt LeBlanc is playing himself, only his personality in the show is different from the one one in real life. It's the same with Deus Ex. It's just a video game for your entertainment. I'm not like that in real life. I use those nanoceramic blades as kitchen knives only.

verdant monkai:

Verzin:

verdant monkai:

You are the one making assumptions here not me. I don't want to hit anyone, some girls may be able to knock me down with one punch, I already know that and I will do my damnedest not to piss them off.
I can only just understand you, your wording is appalling. But if you are accusing me of having overtly Machismo ideas then F*CK OFF. I have the greatest respect for nearly all girls that's why I would not hit one unless I was getting attacked by one. Sorry if I am wrong there.

Illusive man "Don't presume to judge me or my actions"

well..sorry if I offended you. your own wording could have used some more thought there. 'only if she kept hitting me and it started to hurt' implies you don't think most girls could hurt you/ would just do a slappy ineffective pummeling. I didn't mean to offend.

EDIT: also, what exactly is wrong with my wording? I'd like to know so I can avoid wording things that badly in the future.

Nope, never. I definitely believe that there are women out there who deserve a good beating, I would just never be able bring myself to do it personally.

Gender doesnt matter, you fight for equality for hundreds of years then complain that I'm not allowed to hit you on the grounds of gender then I'm just going to do it again

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked