What is your opinion on hitting a woman?
Never ever under any circumstance
10.5% (94)
10.5% (94)
I'd never hit a woman, I'd only hit a woman back
30.3% (271)
30.3% (271)
Her gender is irrelevant to my decision
49.7% (444)
49.7% (444)
I pimpslap chicks on a daily basis
3.9% (35)
3.9% (35)
I am a woman
4.9% (44)
4.9% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you ever hit a woman?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I'm female so naturally it's game on. But I don't have any issues if a man hits a woman depending on the circumstances.

Hmm...This is a tough one for me...At this point in time, no girl has ever tried to hit me seriously, so I haven't really been called to think about it.

My dad is a chivalrous old soul, so he always believes that hitting women is wrong; my mum has attacked him on occasion with objects (a drinking glass, small vegetable crate, chair) and he never once hit back but he did restrain her to protect himself. I admire that about him.

I guess I would avoid it if at all possible and do as my dad did, restraining them by holding their forearms or a bear-hug at least until they calm down. If live(s) were on the line, then I would, maybe. If I think a lady has anger towards me, I'll try and calm them down via diplomacy and failing that, fall back on GCSE Drama and instil some fear into them.

I hope that I never have to though.

I believe in equal rights.

If a woman does something I would hit another guy for, I will knock some sense into her.

I live in a family of big women accustomed to throwing their substantial weight around. If physically threatened by one of them, yes. But only to incapacitate, not to injure.

I'm a very nice and chivalric guy, but, I have never stopped questioning traditions placed before us that we expected as a society to follow blindly. Nothing should be above question. Would I hit a girl? It all depends on the circumstance, really, I'm not just going to punch a girl I don't agree with, but if she really deserves it (I mean REALLY and its the only option that would end the situation) then I wouldn't regret the action.

You want gender equality? Then welcome to the real world.

Whether or not I'd be willing to hit someone depends largely on the type of person in general. The person's gender alone isn't a deciding factor. Though there's probably a much larger percentage of men I'd be willing to hit than women.
Also the circumstance is important. I'd probably be willing to hit just about anyone if I felt that my or someone else's life was at stake.

I took the 2nd option. But I would probably just pin her down it she seemed really dead set on hurting me. Hitting for any other reason I don't see myself doing. For that matter I don't hit guys either, or haven't to this day at least

Don Savik:

you mean we've been living in soem kind of "chivalry" based matrix our whole lifes?....*swallows the red pill* well thats redic-OH MY GOD! IT WAS A LIE??! ITS ALL A LIE!!

This sums it up nicely

I don't condone hitting in general, regardless of gender. It still makes me cringe when I see women acting as if they're "untouchable" because of their gender, however - it's just pathetic.

Don Savik:
I'm a very nice and chivalric guy, but, I have never stopped questioning traditions placed before us that we expected as a society to follow blindly. Nothing should be above question. Would I hit a girl? It all depends on the circumstance, really, I'm not just going to punch a girl I don't agree with, but if she really deserves it (I mean REALLY and its the only option that would end the situation) then I wouldn't regret the action.

Oh, and we've been living in a world where gentlemen fall over themselves to open doors and lift heavy things and do manly things like measure stuff for us. =P

I do worry about the people who think gender equality is a backhand for everyone, rather than maybe not hitting people.

Do people really hit that often? I cant remember the last time I hit anyone.
No, I really can't. Thats going to bother me now.

Gennadios:

This sums it up nicely

yeeeeaaaah.....theres somthing horribly bitter/malicious about that one...kind of disturbing

Phasmal:
snip.

yeah...I find it kind of annoying how come across as rather "passive agressive" in their vew on "equality"

Vault101:

Gennadios:

This sums it up nicely

yeeeeaaaah.....theres somthing horribly bitter/malicious about that one...kind of disturbing

I wasn't even going to mention that one.
Cause apparently domestic violence is funny, or something you might deserve.

I wouldn't even go near the kind of dude who thought that was funny/acceptable. Not okay.
Reported for being low content, adding nothing and being offensive.

Only time I'd hit someone is in self defence. Gender is irrelevent.

Giftfromme:

rutger5000:

Mortai Gravesend:

Why would you be an asshole for winning when they started it?

For he's supposed to be the bigger men when he can help it. Retaliating just beecause you can for your opponent is weaker then you, is just picking on the weak. manic_depressive13 is completly right.

Yeah it's best to let them beat you or harrass you imho, best policy around. If you stand your ground, obviously you're an asshole and deserve to be picked on!

Yup that's right, worst that could happen is getting a few bruises and cuts. I knew you would get it. The alternative: responding to violence with violence, just because you can is of course retarded.

Tanis:
"Her gender is irrelevant to my decision"

I think any other answer is sexist.

#2 sounds like I never hit anyone except through self-defense though.

yes ive smacked a woman around that said i am female myself and she was a bitch who abused animals

I'm a woman and gender is irrelevant to me. I don't condone hitting people. With that said, if someone, man or woman strikes me, I will defend myself.

I took option two, but would change it to: "I wouldn't hit a person, I'd only hit a person back."

Seems a fair stance to have...

I wouldn't hit anyone regardless of their gender, I'm a pacifist. Of course their are extreme cases where I'd be forced to hit someone, but I'd rather avoid it. I'd rather run off and be called a coward then actually cause someone harm.

I'd hit a woman for the same reason I'd hit a man. Though I'd rather not hit anyone at all if I don't have to

I never hit anyone, I'm a very calm person 99% of the time. I may get exasperated but I don't engage in physical violence. But even that being said, unless she was coming at me with like, a knife or something, no. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but I don't believe in hitting women.

I once curbed a guy for slapping his girlfriend, So I'd hit FOR a woman. Then again, I once got the crapped kicked out of me and my friend Chloe decked the guy who was doing it...
I'm usually very respectful of women, so I'd have to say I'd only ever do it in defence. I try to avoid violence most of the time. Not ALL the time, but most of the time. Generally, the rule of not hitting women seems a little sexist and should probably just be don't hit ANYONE.

I wouldn't raise my hand to anyone, both male and female unless the situation absolutely calls for it.

Like self defense.

Example, on the extremly unlikly event, that my 15 year old sister came at me with a knife. If hiting her was the only way to stop her, I wouldn't hesitate.

Vault101:

Its not sexism.....

if it werent true then how come we speerate men/women in the olympics?

That's kinda like saying "it's not racism....If it wasn't true, why do we have a negro league?"

Mortai Gravesend:

Yeah, that's actually the kind of attitude I was thinking of when I was posting. Or worse still some people thinking it's good back in the good old days when violence between guys was more acceptable and how it's horrible that they discourage it now. I seriously remember seeing someone say something along those lines somewhere -__-

What's funny about that attitude is we haven't really changed much, so pining for the days where men beat the crap out of each other and it was okay isn't even really looking back on a significantly different.

Though pining for an imaginary past isn't exactly new or different. Look at all the people who hold the fifties in such esteem. Where everything was perfect--as long as you were a white christian middle or upper class straight male.

It's weird how pervasive the "boys will be boys" attitude is. I don't know. I was raised by people who told me not to hit anyone. But then again, my mom was one of those liberal hippies who spat on God by wearing pants. >.>

manic_depressive13:

Woah, calm down.

Please don't try and infer my state of mind just because I called you on a fallacy. It's rather insulting.

The point here is that I don't want to. It's not okay to hit people, big or small, thick or thin. Fuck, why is that such a difficult concept to grasp.

It's not. It's also not what I was addressing. Why is THAT such a difficult concept to grasp?

For someone telling me to calm down, you seem to be defensive and patronising. Perhaps take your own advice?

Zachary Amaranth:
Please don't try and infer my state of mind just because I called you on a fallacy. It's rather insulting.

It's not. It's also not what I was addressing. Why is THAT such a difficult concept to grasp?

For someone telling me to calm down, you seem to be defensive and patronising. Perhaps take your own advice?

You completely ignored the point of my post and jumped on my loose wording (smaller rather than weaker) as an excuse to condescendingly explain that a small person with martial arts training could beat a larger person. No fucking shit. However, most people don't have martial arts training and size can be a significant advantage. I could've chosen my words better but I think my post was perfectly clear. So yes, I am patronising you because you are being childish and unnecessarily hostile nitpicking something like that when I wasn't even addressing you to begin with.

I prefer the philosophy of "don't hit anyone".
Otherwise, gender is irrelevant. Strength and size don't mean anything.
You can continue to get hit, (or simply get beaten up if it's a serious situation)...I won't.

I don't care what's between your legs, if you swing at me I swing right back.

Equal treatment and all that.

I endeavour to avoid situations where hitting someone is necessary, since I'm likely to be beaten to a pulp in a fight no matter whether they're male or female.

I think its important to note that Commander Shephard totally does hit a woman. repeatedly.
In that situation I would as well. I can think of few things more gratifying than sucker punching a member of the press.

Just ask yourself folks, what would Shephard do?

Under no circumstances would I hit a woman. I was raised as a gentleman and follow a code of chivalry.

Yes, chivalry isn't dead.

gender is irrelevant in my decision, than again i would also never hit a man unless he would hit me

Lagao:
Under no circumstances would I hit a woman. I was raised as a gentleman and follow a code of chivalry.

Have fun dying if a woman takes advantage of that and knifes you in the neck! :D

Relish in Chaos:

Lagao:

Have fun dying if a woman takes advantage of that and knifes you in the neck! :D

I'm already dead inside so that would be a blessing.

A girl was once annoying me to the point where I almost hit her.
Then she started teasing me about hitting her as if I couldn't.
Then I did, with my small umbrella.
For some reason she was suprised.

The only thing that would make me hesitant to hit a woman, is what I'm pretty sure is the cause for the past views. Men were mostly in control, and I think people have a different mentality to the gender they are attracted to, so they naturally feel less inclined to hurt them.

But mostly I just don't hit people.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked