‘Black and Bleu’ sandwich inspired by Rihanna and Chris Brown draws criticism, chef has ‘no regrets’

Pages 1 2 NEXT

"A Georgia restaurant is being criticized for offering a sandwich inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna's relationship and calling it 'black and bleu.' The chef has since responded and says that he has "no regrets" about it."

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/03/black-and-bleu-sandwich-inspired-rihanna-and-chris-brown-draws-criticism-chef-has-no

While I appreciate the chef's attempt at being creative, this is just wrong...What do you guys think?

Who gives a fuck, really, I don't feel sorry for any of them. "Oh boo hoo, my boyfriend beat me up, I'm going to go cry into one of my piles of money."

Oy...its a bit tasteless. But you can't talk people like that out of bad ideas with forum posts. Only if people don't buy it will he get the message.

The article didn't have a picture, which would have been awesome, what's it look like?

Regnes:
Who gives a fuck, really, I don't feel sorry for any of them. "Oh boo hoo, my boyfriend beat me up, I'm going to go cry into one of my piles of money."

I will continue to resent the increasingly popular internet attitude that money should somehow dehumanise you. No-one deserves to be beaten up in their own home by someone they love. End of story.

EDIT: Also, on topic, I think black comedy goes too far when it's based on real life. However, it probably drummed up some publicity for them, so it served its purpose.

Regnes:

yeah, I understand no woman deseves what happened to Rihanna. But as far as 'domestic violence' victims go, she'll be fine.

EDIT: Chris brown pisses me off though, he never served his time for the crime he had done but most importantly he didn't learn his lesson! picking up trash on the freeway doesn't make up for the fact he tried to push a woman out of a moving vehicle.

BlazeRaider:
The article didn't have a picture, which would have been awesome, what's it look like?

apparently it's a steak sandwich (blackened) with Bleu Cheese, lettuce and tomato. seems pretty straight-forward as far as sandwiches go.

OT: Seems like a publicity stunt to me, I'm sure these guys have sold quite a few of these sandwiches since they announced it. Restaurants are notoriously hard to keep running (especially non-franchise ones) so it would make sense to me that they only named the sandwich that to attract business.

tomtom94:

Regnes:

I will continue to resent the increasingly popular internet attitude that money should somehow dehumanise you. No-one deserves to be beaten up in their own home by someone they love. End of story.

unless they deserve it...

and for the record I'm not dehumanizing her because she's rich... I'd do it even if she was dirt poor because I still wouldn't care... but if she was dirt poor she probably wouldn't be famous so I wouldn't get the name which would make the whole deal pointless

OT: I'd eat that sandwich while laughing at the overly sensitive people complaining about it's name

tomtom94:
EDIT: Also, on topic, I think black comedy goes too far when it's based on real life. However, it probably drummed up some publicity for them, so it served its purpose.

What the fuck are you talking about? All comedy is based on real life. Otherwise it wouldnt be funny. What is black comedy meant to poke fun at? The events on the planet Zerg which took place 3 centuries ago in a imaginary giants head?

tomtom94:

Regnes:

I never said she deserved it, I said she doesn't deserve the same sympathy regular people would be entitled to. Money may not be the key to happiness, but it still makes a huge difference. If you're a multi-millionaire you're never going to have anything close to the hardships a regular person has. That and unless you're actually crazy, it's pretty easy to bounce back when you have millions of fans worldwide.

So sucks for her, but I can only give so many fucks, maybe I'll take the one they want me to give Rihanna and award it to the starving single mom who broke her leg and can't work.

I will say this though, Chris Brown is a real piece of shit, not just for hitting her, but for how he handled his public relations afterwards. "Yeah I beat my girlfriend up and did some community service, it's completely reasonable to assume nobody is ever going to ask me about it again."

I'd eat the sandwich. I'm a girl and I have no problem with this, it just dark humor. But then again I don't like Rihanna so I could care less if it offends her.

Haven't the two of them been seen hanging out recently? Maybe they can share a sammich together and pose for a picture to hang up in the wall of the restaurant. I never did think we knew the whole story behind that situation.

Rihanna LET CHRIS BROWN OFF THE HOOK for beating her.

She can piss off and die for that.

BlazeRaider:
Snip

Limecake:
Snip

The sandwich look like this-

I guess I don't understand the whole naming foods after some celebrity seeing how that sandwich doesn't portray anything to do with their relationship at all. Either way I do agree that it the whole naming sandwich is in bad taste.

Regnes:

tomtom94:

Regnes:

I never said she deserved it, I said she doesn't deserve the same sympathy regular people would be entitled to.

So is there a cut-off point, a certain earnings threshold past which we're not meant to give a fuck? How is she different to so-called "regular" people, is she of a different genetic make-up? I understand this anti-rich and anti-celebrity attitude up to a point but it's when people start treating them not as human beings I have a problem.

As for the single mother with a broken leg, yeah, that's probably a bigger issue, but then what sort of person would advocate redistributing wealth?

Damn that chef.
Now he's given me a horrible craving to hear Rihanna cover Black and Blue, and I know that's never going to happen.

Regnes:

tomtom94:

Regnes:

I never said she deserved it, I said she doesn't deserve the same sympathy regular people would be entitled to. Money may not be the key to happiness, but it still makes a huge difference. If you're a multi-millionaire you're never going to have anything close to the hardships a regular person has. That and unless you're actually crazy, it's pretty easy to bounce back when you have millions of fans worldwide.

So sucks for her, but I can only give so many fucks, maybe I'll take the one they want me to give Rihanna and award it to the starving single mom who broke her leg and can't work.

I will say this though, Chris Brown is a real piece of shit, not just for hitting her, but for how he handled his public relations afterwards. "Yeah I beat my girlfriend up and did some community service, it's completely reasonable to assume nobody is ever going to ask me about it again."

You could equally say that the fact she's a celebrity and has her would-be private life laid open to all and sundry as a result of this makes her more sympathetic than the average citizen. Quantifying sympathy and doling it out on a quota system just doesn't sit right with me. She was the victim of domestic abuse by someone she loved in what should have been a safe place; that's really all that matters here.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

tomtom94:

What the fuck are you talking about? All comedy is based on real life. Otherwise it wouldnt be funny. What is black comedy meant to poke fun at? The events on the planet Zerg which took place 3 centuries ago in a imaginary giants head?

Pretty much what I was gonna say.

On topic: Made me chuckle. Yay for bad taste.

It is in bad taste. And I fucking love it.

I shall visit this restaurant one day.

Regnes:

tomtom94:

Regnes:

Agreed. Tired of all this bullshit with feeling sorry for multi-millionaires. Do some have real mental and health problems? Yes. Did she deserve to get beat? No and nobody else does for that matter. Thousands of women (and men) are physically abused every year but this one case we make a big fucking fiasco over.

Anyways, the damn thing is over with and even if I was beaten badly i'd still be pretty fucking happy with millions of dollars behind me and wouldn't give two shits if somebody wanted to make fun of my beating.

tomtom94:

So is there a cut-off point, a certain earnings threshold past which we're not meant to give a fuck? How is she different to so-called "regular" people, is she of a different genetic make-up? I understand this anti-rich and anti-celebrity attitude up to a point but it's when people start treating them not as human beings I have a problem.

It's not really de-humanizing anybody, it's just that money is a universally important resource in everybody's lives. Those with more money are better suited towards dealing with their issues. One would feel more sympathetic towards a single mother working a fast food job than with a single mother working a job as a doctor, presuming they're both hard working individuals. This is simply because the doctor can buy virtually any assistance she requires, if she's feeling stressed out she can take a vacation, no stress at all. (Well aside from the people's lives being in your hands thing I guess)

Regnes:

I have money so I shouldnt be upset if my boyfreind abuses me?

So full of win.

But then again, it is Georgia, so there's like a 70% chance he's doing it just to satiate his racism.

the chris brown and rihanna incident thing was a one time incident. it happened move on. now i can see it to be in bad taste if the name was inspired by ike and tina turner.

Regnes:

"and now I'm getting back together with him"

Good on you chef, hope you make a pile of money.

tomtom94:

Regnes:

Yeah! How does lavishing in extravagant crap while there are people who have nowhere to live make someone any less human? I think it's a perfectly legitimate way to spend the money you earned by doing things that benefit society.

Vault101:

Regnes:

I have money so I shouldnt be upset if my boyfreind abuses me?

Do you have a lot of money? As in millions and millions of dollars, or at least a job that will financially provide you just about everything you would ever want?

At any rate, this is about other people's perspectives, not the victim's. It is of course a bad thing to get beaten by your partner, but success is a relevant factor in how terrible an ordeal is to you.

I like to think of your financial state of being as a common denominator in all your life woes, the more money you have, the less impact your woes should have on you. For example 1/10 is much bigger than 1/1000. And that is how stress works to an extent, how stressful a situation is based on a variety of factors and variables in your life, money being one of them.

Regnes:

At any rate, this is about other people's perspectives, not the victim's. It is of course a bad thing to get beaten by your partner, but success is a relevant factor in how terrible an ordeal is to you.

I like to think of your financial state of being as a common denominator in all your life woes, the more money you have, the less impact your woes should have on you. For example 1/10 is much bigger than 1/1000. And that is how stress works to an extent, how stressful a situation is based on a variety of factors and variables in your life, money being one of them.

uhhh...yeah, no I dont agree

getting beaten up is getting beaten up, if there are OTHER problems on top of that from lack of money..then sure

but your not thinking about your diamond earings while your BF is beating the shit out of you..its still traumatic

or thats like saying a women married to a wealthy man who lives in a mansion shouldnt be too upset if shes being abused

I would say that it's wrong, or in poor taste, or whatever...

But I'd by lying if I said that that it didn't give me a chuckle, so... whatever.

Scarim Coral:

BlazeRaider:
Snip

Limecake:
Snip

The sandwich look like this-

I guess I don't understand the whole naming foods after some celebrity seeing how that sandwich doesn't portray anything to do with their relationship at all. Either way I do agree that it the whole naming sandwich is in bad taste.

But does it taste bad..................

OT: Eh, it's sort of funny in that dark sort of way. Certainly nothing to get all pissy about.

I certainly wouldn't eat anything that tasteless. Dohohohoho!

EDIT:

God damn it. Rushed to post this pun, find out I'm far too late.

I laughed, sounds delicious

I think the real thing that matters here is, is that sandwich any good? Then we can decide if its' tasteless.

Lord Beautiful:
It is in bad taste. And I fucking love it.

I shall visit this restaurant one day.

Clearly the most sensible answer possible, now we raise awareness for domestic violence AND News stories that should not be news stories

Tanis:
Rihanna LET CHRIS BROWN OFF THE HOOK for beating her.

She can piss off and die for that.

It's her life, if she doesn't want to press charges isn't that her business?

tomtom94:

Regnes:

I agree, just because someone has a lot of money doesn't make him/her a monster. No, their actions determine that.

OT: I wonder why it's called "Black and Bleu"?

Aw geez I just got the joke. Not sure whether I should laugh or feel bad. :(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked