Does anyone use their television anymore?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I know this is going to sound weird, but I rarely watch tv nowadays. Most of my down time is spent on the pc and the only reason I use my tv anymore is for netflix and the consoles. The thing is I can just watch netflix on my pc and my awesome old retro games and even older consoles are at my vacation house and the only reason I still use the new ones is because I can not afford my thousand dollar custom dream gaming pc until about five years when I have a nice paying job. Anyone else on the same boat or is it just me?

Yeah, I use it to play my N64 when I feel nostalgic and want to play some classics like Banjo Kazooie and Star Fox.

*sigh*....considering that a fare share of people game on consoles...

anyway...I dont watch TV hardly ever

last night there was a reality TV show where mothers chose wifes for their husbands..this shocked and angered me

if the dryed up old twat wants grandchildren so bad she should adpot them herself

Well I was using it to play the 360 earlier. And then my brother had Futurama on a bit later and I stuck around to watch that. Lately I haven't been watching it much at all, but usually I have it on for background noise while on my computer or to watch a few shows, like the Walking Dead.

Background noise man, I need it for the ambience.

Hell yeah. I use it to watch my old tapes of MST3K on.
And now you've made me feel old. I will get you for this.

Gee, I wonder how fun my Xbox360 would be without my TV?

If you mean television wise (as in watching stuff), I do like it for noise or just killing time. Also HBO.

People who watch movies on little monitors really are missing something.

Chanel Tompkins:

You think you feel old, I can't even hop on my high school bus without feeling like I am fithty years old with all the little kiddies listening to their corprate stuff while I have a wide arrange of awesome music on my walkmen(okay ipod, but still...).

Wolverine18:
People who watch movies on little monitors really are missing something.

http://smarteregg.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/huge-monitor.jpg

They come in all sizes nowadays, I will admit I still keep that old little box at my other house as well.

JOE COOL:

Chanel Tompkins:

You think you feel old, I can't even hop on my high school bus without feeling like I am fithty years old with all the little kiddies listening to their corprate stuff while I have a wide arrange of awesome music on my walkmen(okay ipod, but still...).

Well...it's mostly because I remember that show being broadcast. And heh, you feel old in high school? You're going to hate your first year of college, since it's basically extra-caffeine high school.

Yeah I do, I watch TV news on it, Dr Who repeats, the occasional DVD and the Footy (The season is about to start). My kids watch Sesame Street, Playschool, Bananas in Pajamas, The Pajanamals, and countless other kids shows on it. It is an ancient CRT model that still gives great colour reproduction, in glorious 625 line 50Hz PAL.

Used to watch it all the time, now I dont even have a single TV channel, didn't even get the free update to get channel 2 and 4. I just use it to play on consoles, and use my laptop for everything else.

I use mine mostly to watch Conan. Other than that, I rarely bother to use it.

When I'm not playing games or watching movies, I usually put the TV on at night when I go to bed. The noise helps lull me to sleep and I pass out in like 10 minutes.

Well, yeah I do. Though it's because I use it exclusively to play on my 360. I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down and managed to watch through a full show on cable TV. If there's something in particular I'd want to look at, my laptop serves the purpose.

I think the main reason I use mine is for gaming, but other than that, not all the time. On the rare chance I do use it for non-gaming purposes I will watch some TV, sadly there's not a whole lot on that I actually like, so I basically channel surf until I find something I do like.

I have digital cable, but to be honest I don't really need it. It's nice to be able to watch my favorite shows right on time, but most of them come online as full episodes within 24 hours of airing. I may not get cable when I move again.

I do use my one and only TV as my computer screen though. It was an adjustment when I first started doing it, but I'm used to it now and it makes video streaming much better.

I very occasionally turn on the tv and just flick through channels to see what's on. usually late at night when I'm tired and can't sleep. I like quite a few shows, but don't care about most of them enough to sit down and watch them on tv. If I like them enough, I'll find them on the computer, if not.... oh well

I play my console's, watch movies and TV series on the thing. Get's used almost every day. I can't watch movies on a computer, the screen is just too small.

Does a connected PC count as using your TV? If not I guess there's the occasional on demand/netflix thing that goes on.

I play season upon season of Family guy and American dad constantly from the tv in my room while i game.

Of course I do, for Sunday-Night Fox Cartoons. I also game on my TV. Right now, I have an Xbox-360, PS2, Nintendo 64 and, Super Nintendo hooked up. To be fair though, I have to switch out the AV wires on the SNES and N64 if I want to play...the other one...I'm also actively looking for an NES. Back at home in GA I watch TV on the TV as well...sometimes...there are better consoles over there (or rather, more) including a Wii, Gamecube, Xbox-360 S, 3-in-1 Retro Console (NES, SNES & Genesis) and, PS3. There's a spare SNES there too and the one right here is going to end up being torn apart since it looks like it was attacked by a dog and buried. It works extremely well though which I find interesting.

Whenever I play PS3 or 360, which is pretty often. Also spend an hour or two every day watching TV, most often ending up watching QI or a movie.

Why would I have it if I don't use it?

Anyway, yes I do.

Watching movies, playing games, as well as watching the television programing itself. Constantly watching a computer screen tends to strain my eyes. Also, a TV feels more cozy than a PC.

I don't watch much "live" (read: non-DVD/Blu ray) TV anymore. I definitely use the TV for consoles and DVDs/Blu rays though.

Well, my computer screen is a TV so technically yes, but I don't actually watch television on it or anything. I usually just download (legally purchased downloads, by the way) a show or movie in the rare event that I want to see one.

I use mine just to watch local news, Pawn Stars, and a majority of my gaming.

I just use it for my consoles, I used to watch TV a lot more but my remote has broken and I haven't bothered to replace it.

I do for console gaming. That means the t.v. is sometimes off for weeks at a time while I'm into PC gaming. I haven't had any level of cable for several years now.

Not that it really means anything. The time I'd spend watching t.v in the old days is simply spent online now. One couch potato medium for another.

I need a screen for my xbox. Otherwise no.

Well, besides the obvious 'DvDs, Console gaming and wanting a 38 inch Computer screen', I do watch T.V. shows quite frequently. While Australian T.V. tends to be a bit... shit on the major channels, there are always good channels to stick on and watch (Discovery, FX, [V], Cartoon Network, Boomerang, etc.).

And hey, how the hell else am I going to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (Have no access to iTunes)?

Chanel Tompkins:
And now you've made me feel awesome. I will get you for this.

Fixed that for you.

OT - Well my PC and both consoles are hooked up to it so yes.

Do I use my TV?

Hell yea I do.
My PC and all my consoles are connected to it! 42" Screen FTW!

Do I watch TV programs? - Fuck no!
I haven't watch TV programs for many years (at least 10 or something) now and I don't feel like missed something. If I want to see a movie I just buy or borrow the DVD/BR.
If there is some major event like the world football championship then yea I watch some games. But that's about it.
The TV program here just got too stupid to bear...

Only occasionally while eating dinner. I watch movies on my PC, game on my PC, TV shows on my PC. Only time I sit down and actually turn on the TV is to watch movies with friends. Normally played off my laptop, streamed from my PC over the LAN. I had to ask my 47 year old father how to do something on the TiVo because I don't use it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked