Petition to stop Michael Bay from making the TMNT movie.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well it took a few days but we have a petition for it now. The petition was made by Carey Martell, the RPG Fanatic, if you know who that is. If you don't simply put he reviews RPGs and got into a weird internet fight with someone a while ago over a misunderstanding. Back on topic he has now made a youtube video and a petition about this. Here are the links to both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aJDzfqxQQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G289474cFUAAAAAAACAA
http://www.change.org/petitions/michael-bay-and-peter-laird-don-t-re-imagine-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-as-space-aliens

Simply put I have no idea why Michael Bay is doing this except (guessing here) because he wanted to make an alien movie but only has the rights to do a TMNT movie and now is changing that around. Also I don't know why the petition only needs 100 signatures since that's a pretty small amount for this kind of thing. Still if you want to sign it there's the link. So what are your thoughts on this?

Well I think this is just straight silly. So aside from the fact that this will do nothing to change the movie from getting made, why the hell are people so butthurt about things like this? You have your old TMNT that will always be there, ALWAYS. Nobody is going back in changing the old stuff, you still have it. So Bay wants to make a retarded movie, who gives a fuck?

80Maxwell08:
The petition was made by Carey Martell, the RPG Fanatic, if you know who that is. If you don't simply put he reviews RPGs and got into a weird internet fight with someone a while ago over a misunderstanding

I'd hardly call what happened to Jfreedan a "misunderstanding".

Anyways, this is, to me, rather reminiscent of the Kony2012 thing people cared about a few weeks ago.

CM156:

Anyways, this is, to me, rather reminiscent of the Kony2012 thing people cared about a few weeks ago.

I see what you mean, and also in other ways the two issues are opposite. Human rights in Africa are something that people should care about, but all the hubbub was not going to accomplish anything relevant. In the case of these teenage turtles, it is something that people shouldn't care about*, but all of the hubub will probably lead the movie studio to make some concessions.

I'm thinking it will be like Snakes on a Plane, with a vocal internet community in pre-production that disappears when the movie is released.

*I grew up with TMNT and can't fathom why adults would care about the backstory for a franchise that was just made to sell toys.

Michael bay made ninja turtle movie is going to be nice popcorn movie.

Don't care what this RPG boy here thinks.

This is relevant to my interests...

Oh come on, I'm as bummed as anyone at this travesty, but seriously, this will change absolutely nothing. The studio aren't going to scrap a million dollar investment guaranteed profit machine like this, just because a few nerds are annoyed at Bay.

The Turtles film will be made. We won't stop it, and are just wasting our breath trying.
In a few months time the infernal marketing machine will get turned on and churn out advertisements and create tie-in products with every concievable product in existance until our eyes bleed.
The movie itself will be filled with as much shameless product placement as physically possible, a smattering of plot who's only purpose is to vaguely connect explosions, and characters so bland and offensive they make Bella Swan look like Citizen Kane. It will make tonnes of money and Bay will be given liscence to make a sequel, then in a year the cycle will repeat, and the TMNT name will be soiled for around a decade.

This is the future, I am only the messenger. We can do nothing but weep. Weep for our childhood...

I wish people on the internet would go away with their damn petitions already.

TMNT I can live with. I can live with him making a movie about that.

If he ever touches Thundercats then me and him will need to have words.

Not only is an online petition extremely pathetic in this case, I think the reasons for wanting to stop him making it are beyond sad.

This whole *stop liking what I don't like* attitude is so annoying. The Escapist is surely one of the most petty and childish forum/websites on the internet in that regard.

Grow up, you don't have to go see it.

I really don't think a pention is going to do anything. Will Bay ruin the movie with a pyrotechnic show? Probably. Will he ruin it by putting in innane stupid human characters that will get more screen time than the title characters themselves? Probably. The movie will get made. People will rage. Critics will poke fun at it. In the end we'll just have a brainless 2 hour popcorn flick for people who want some mindless entertainment. But it will make money, and a sequel will be almost guarenteed. Sorry, but thats the way things are. He's got all the rights to butcher a beloved franchise. This type of thing happens all the time. life goes on.

Anyway, you've always got the old stuff, right?

Is't he only the producer? Jonathan Liebesman is the director I think, he made Battle: Los Angeles and The Wrath of the Titans, so based off that it's going to be a mediocre film that grosses millions.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahhaaaa
Hahahahahahahahaha
Hoo-hoo.
Ha.

This is funny. You do realise they're going to make money so they won't stop, right?

Michael Bay mentality

1-take long established franchise so I dont have to come up with anything.
2-crush the souls of fanboys by doing horrible execution in order to cater to general masses.

Michael Bay isn't directing guys. He's a producer. I doubt he'll have much creative say on it to be honest. Jonathan Liebesman is directing. He is also a sucky-ass director though. Get him off board if you must. He directed turd-fests such as Battle: LA, Darkness Falls and what I can only assume will suck a bag of dicks; Wrath of the Titans. Early reviews are not kind to it.

Oh for God's sake, this is ridiculous. Online petitions are pathetic wastes of time that never accomplish anything. You don't want Michael BLAH-BAM-BOOSHPLOSION to make a TMNT movie? There's far simpler ways to do it. Like murder. Murder would satisfy thousands of TMNT fans and only leave one crazy person in prison for life, yet none of you so-called "dedicated" fans have the balls to do it. Pussies.

Or hell, if you're still too chickenshit to just kill the guy, maybe just hospitalize him for a few months until the funding runs out. I'm just saying you guys have far more effective options that also don't make you look like morons.

The best way to hurt Bay is to not pay to see his movies, not in theaters or on DVD; wait a year or 2 before they're on TV.

CM156:

80Maxwell08:
The petition was made by Carey Martell, the RPG Fanatic, if you know who that is. If you don't simply put he reviews RPGs and got into a weird internet fight with someone a while ago over a misunderstanding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEdrWBGegCw

seriously, watch that and then take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jfreedan

Carey Martell is far from an upstanding individual

I_am_acting:

CM156:

80Maxwell08:

Are you trying to say he's a good guy or... what?

Because I thought I made it clear that I'm not a fan. I'm a pedestrian (or at the very least, I was)

CM156:

I_am_acting:

CM156:

Are you trying to say he's a good guy or... what?

Because I thought I made it clear that I'm not a fan. I'm a pedestrian (or at the very least, I was)

oops. meant to quote the other guy, sorry :(

OK guys, First off Bay has has nothing to do with the writing or Directing of this movie. All he is doing is providing the money (you know, what a producer is supposed to do). Writing and directing duties actually fall on Josh Appelbaum (MI:GP) And Kevin Eastman (The guy who co-created the turtles) and Jonathan Liebesman (wrath of the titans). Second, Eastman outright said they are not aliens and he is watching this like a hawk. Third, in Jfreedan's video it is made clear that he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I can't help but think that this is the face of the people bitching about the turtles movie.

a petition? pffffft

this movie will potential make millions....I dont see how a petition can stop that

tremas:
OK guys, First off Bay has has nothing to do with the writing or Directing of this movie. All he is doing is providing the money (you know, what a producer is supposed to do). Writing and directing duties actually fall on Josh Appelbaum (MI:GP) And Kevin Eastman (The guy who co-created the turtles) and Jonathan Liebesman (wrath of the titans). Second, Eastman outright said they are not aliens and he is watching this like a hawk. Third, in Jfreedan's video it is made clear that he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I can't help but think that this is the face of the people bitching about the turtles movie.

Damn peeps were told.... I am more with movie bob on this things above aside I don't really see why it matters if you don't like it don't see it.

Do this, because the Super Mario Bros. movie completely ruined Mario forever. Oh wait...

If I thought an internet petition was likely to have any effect in Hollywood, I for one would use it for something that matters a bit more in my opinion, like getting the IP for Star Wars into Peter Jackson's hands.

Meh, it's too far in to stop now.

I feel the pain of turtles fans, you only get so many shots at movies and you want them to be good, and if they're not good and not successful, then you get even less shots. Worse is if they're not good, but then are successful, then you get stuck with a shitty franchise.

A petition is probably not going to work though. Hollywood is not moved by such things, only by money.
If the turtles movie sucks, and it probably will, the biggest way you can make an impact is not go see it, encourage your friends and family not to see it, and then hope that someone else gets it right next time.

Zekksta:
Not only is an online petition extremely pathetic in this case, I think the reasons for wanting to stop him making it are beyond sad.

This whole *stop liking what I don't like* attitude is so annoying. The Escapist is surely one of the most petty and childish forum/websites on the internet in that regard.

Grow up, you don't have to go see it.

Very rarely have I agreed with you more than I do now. I can only say this: I concur. This (and the ME3 thing for that matter) is just asinine.

Vault101:
a petition? pffffft

this movie will potential make millions....I dont see how a petition can stop that

And it won't, specifically because Michael Bay movies are money. The only way they stop giving him these movies is if he stops making money.

Hollywood is going to weigh the millions Bay makes with every movie against the outrage of fanboys, and do it anyway.

Michael Bay tends to bring in the dosh, no petition will stop that. I am expecting an action flick, with explosion's. That is what I will get, and I will pay to see it

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit, could people just grow up already? Are we really going to have to have a petition for everything a group disagrees with? Halo 4 has no Covenant, petition. Half Life 3 directly continues the story, petition. Bejeweled 4 has DLC, petition. And then an FTC complaint.

This is what we mean when we say the public shouldn't have (too much) creative control. If Micheal Bay wants to produce a Turtles movie and he has the green light then he has every right to.

DONT THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY ARE SETTING CINEMA BACK A DECADE?!

OMG WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE MOVIES!

I won't like it so lets make sure nobody can watch it. It would be illogical to just not watch movie.
Makes sense to me.

FelixG:
DONT THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY ARE SETTING CINEMA BACK A DECADE?!

OMG WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE MOVIES!

I see what you did there. The irony hurts.

As a huge ninja turtle fan in my youth let me ask...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM?

Is micheal bay going back in time to destroy the orignal 3 movies? The cartoon show? Our childhood memories? Is he destroying all orignal copies of that in existence? Are we as Ninja Turtle fans being held down and forced to go see it?

NO. Who gives a fuck if it's not *OUR* Ninja Turtles. For fucks sake, we're adults now, at some point you just gonna accept the fact our childhood is over. Let the new generation of kids have this version of Ninja Turtles, this version of Transformers instead of being self-entitled dick heads whining "NOOO! THEY CHANGED IT SO IT SUCKS!"

DON'T FUCKING GO SEE IT THEN

has eh ever listened to fan outcry? and about the companies backing him they only smell money.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked