I just watched my sister beat her daughter up in the front yard..

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So as my usual day to day things go im sitting by my window with it open and I see Apple my niece come angerly out the front door then Kelly comes out after her and tells her to come here I see her bitch slap apple across the face and hit her a few times then as shes going to door i hear a thump apple i couldbt see due to limited view but apple says kelly slamed her head on the door

My sister is sitting in living room atm after yelling some and taking apples phone

Im not sure what i should do or say to her or ignore it

Im all for spankings but that seemed exessive it was over a fund raiser to get money for apple to cheer next year
Apple is 14 btw

So how should I go about this?

I'm sorry but your niece's name is apple?

OP. Unless you think Apples life is at risk, I'd try to stay out of it if I was you.

Veldie:
Im all for spankings but that seemed exessive it was over a fund raiser to get money for apple to cheer next year
Apple is 14 btw

Alright guys, be honest; who just imagined a montage of a giant Apple going through the first 18 years of her life? Being born ("Congratulations, its an Apple!"), rolling on its own for the first time, getting beaten up by her dad when she brings home a male banana, at graduation with one of those funny hats they wear in the US....

No, just me? Fine. You guys are no fun.

OT: Talk to Apple about it. See how she feels.

In the great words of the MC "Ok fUck ths i AM caling tha poliCe"

Volf:

OP. Unless you think Apples life is at risk, I'd try to stay out of it if I was you.

yeah I was gonna say...

.mabye that says somthing abotu the mother? (then again I know thats unfair judging)

Veldie:
So as my usual day to day things go im sitting by my window with it open and I see Apple my niece come angerly out the front door then Kelly comes out after her and tells her to come here I see her bitch slap apple across the face and hit her a few times then as shes going to door i hear a thump apple i couldbt see due to limited view but apple says kelly slamed her head on the door

My sister is sitting in living room atm after yelling some and taking apples phone

Apple is 14 btw

CPS all the way, if you confront your sister it'll be a huge argument about how you don't understand or you can't tell her how to raise her kid or something. Anonymous call to CPS and they'll do all the important checks and such and act appropriately. That could be parenting classes, support for your niece or full removal in extreme cases. Either way it's what's best for your niece that should come first.

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

.mabye that says somthing abotu the mother? (then again I know thats unfair judging)

Actually your spot on as usual. And the brother asking weather he should start to deal with his sisters issues reenforces it. Naming your kid something like that places a big red target on the parent for not thinking about what sort of overall life the child will have. They are more concerned with how they can show off the new toy they have created. If it were me, take it up with the family, not the cops. There's bound to be someone in the group that can knock some sense into the sister.

Volf:

yes her name really is apple

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

yes she liked apples so she named her apple

cookyy2k:

Veldie:

Apple is 14 btw

CPS all the way, if you confront your sister it'll be a huge argument about how you don't understands or you can't tell her how to raise her kid or something. Anonymous call to CPS and they'll do all the important checks and such and act appropriately. That could be parenting classes, support for your niece or full removal in extreme cases. Either way it's what's best for your niece that should come first.

she would know its me who called em no one was outside there and i was known by window

Veldie:

Volf:

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

I'm going to catch shit for this but LMFAO. haha! *wipes away tears*

*Smacks self in the face and straightens tie and collar*
So have things calmed down now or is there still reason to be concerned?

Veldie:

cookyy2k:

Veldie:

Apple is 14 btw

CPS all the way, if you confront your sister it'll be a huge argument about how you don't understands or you can't tell her how to raise her kid or something. Anonymous call to CPS and they'll do all the important checks and such and act appropriately. That could be parenting classes, support for your niece or full removal in extreme cases. Either way it's what's best for your niece that should come first.

she would know its me who called em no one was outside there and i was known by window

The questions you have to ask yourself are "is their any danger of your niece being injured physically/psychologically in the future?" and "how would you feel if she was and you could've made the call?". If the CPS investigated and talked to your niece and sister they could just as easily decide it's a one off thing and that'd be the end of it, though the even you describe probably isn't a one off, it doesn't usually happen that way.

Volf:

Veldie:

Volf:

Vault101:

yeah I was gonna say...

not sure right now could be the eye of storm or just done for now Seirra has been beaten by her before kelly has talked about it before

Take Apple for Ice Cream.

Damn that sounds weird.

Veldie:

Volf:

Veldie:

not sure right now could be the eye of storm or just done for now Seirra has been beaten by her before kelly has talked about it before

I guess I would say that you could try to talk to your sister about it and try to mediate what going on(assuming that this doesn't put your sister on the defensive).

I'm sorry but what the FUCK is wrong with you?
So you hear and see someone beat their kid in a completely unnecessary way and instead of dealing with it you come here? I don't know for sure but I doubt anyone's a trained psychologist.
Don't just sit around DO SOMETHING, call someone, her parent (your Aunt,) you mom, or talk to Apple or your sis yourself, hell, call the cops if you have too.
Shes not some random stranger she's your family. It may seem like you're over reaching your bounds but you aren't. Help protect them and put your abusive sis in her place.
But like I said, I'm no trained councillor or anything but do what you know is right at least.

There isn't going to be any victory for you here. If you stay out, you'll feel guilty for doing nothing. If you try to talk to your sister, you'll get a shitstorm of "don't tell me how to raise my kid." If you call CPS, you'll feel like a coward for dumping the problem on someone else. If you broach the subject with your niece, she'll probably get angry and tell you it's none of your business.

Abuse means everyone loses. Resign yourself to feeling bad in some way. Then decide what you would like to feel bad for doing.

Johnny Impact:
There isn't going to be any victory for you here. If you stay out, you'll feel guilty for doing nothing. If you try to talk to your sister, you'll get a shitstorm of "don't tell me how to raise my kid." If you call CPS, you'll feel like a coward for dumping the problem on someone else. If you broach the subject with your niece, she'll probably get angry and tell you it's none of your business.

Abuse means everyone loses. Resign yourself to feeling bad in some way. Then decide what you would like to feel bad for doing.

This guy is right. It sounds like your looking for some perfect answer but there is none. I say talk to your parents first. If that doesn't work ring the authorities and wear the consequences. Better than doing nothing.

How would you feel if you were Apple. I would say something don't be a jerk but you know have a talk with your sis just say I think you were being a little harsh and you freaked me out.

Talk to Apple about it. Your gut instinct might be to call CPS, but the foster care system is not always much better than the original situation.

Once you get a feel for what she wants, confront the mother about what you saw. If you have any nagging doubts or suspicions about whether this is a one time deal or not, call CPS.

You owe it to Apple to look into everything before making a move.

Doing nothing is simply not an option. Your sister was out of line, and must be made to see her actions in that light.

My advice would be to either talk to her first, or get another family member she respects more than you to do so. She will not appreciate your interference, and be prepared to get yelled at.

Johnny Impact:

This guy has it EXACTLY right.

If you care about your niece there should be no way you just stay out of this.
Pick which thing you'd feel the least guilty for doing and do that.

If I had a sister and this was remotely in character for her I'd chew her the hell out all fire and brimstone style.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Veldie:
Apple is 14 btw

Alright guys, be honest; who just imagined a montage of a giant Apple going through the first 18 years of her life? Being born ("Congratulations, its an Apple!"), rolling on its own for the first time, getting beaten up by her dad when she brings home a male banana, at graduation with one of those funny hats they wear in the US....

No, just me? Fine. You guys are no fun.

OT: Talk to Apple about it. See how she feels.

Actually, I thought of it being born as an iPod Shuffle and going through various forms of iDevices until she either turns into an iPad or a Mac when she's an adult.

"You did WHAT with that PC!? You better have used a USB Cable!"

Veldie:

Volf:

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

...She didn't have a name until she was old enough to have a preference for food?

OT: I assume both you and your sister are reasonable adults. If you think it was excessive, tell her. It's up to her whether she decides to take your advice or not.

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

I have to say my first thought was the same as yours gentlemen.

I guess one bad Apple spoiled the bunch.

Johnny Impact:

You're right, but here's my added two cents.
As someone who was physically and verbally abused throughout my childhood by a parent, I'm most definitely biased, but I think that you should do SOMETHING.
I'd probably say talk to your sister about it, and if patterns of this stuff continues, call CPS. Even if you ignore it, make sure to do something if this stuff continues.

Saladfork:
I assume both you and your sister are reasonable adults. If you think it was excessive, tell her. It's up to her whether she decides to take your advice or not.

If his sister was a reasonable adult she would not be beating her kid and slamming the kids head into the door over some stupid fund raiser.
Spanking is one thing but this is way over the top call CPS thats what they are their for. Besides its not like they will take the kid if this is the first call the worst the would happen is your sister has to take some parenting classes which she probably needs.

madster11:
Bitch slap your sister and slam her head into the door, when she asks 'wtf' be all 'what, i thought this was the way you punish people? you left the milk out'.

I suppose this is an option too just make sure that you tell her that if she calls the police you will tell them what she did.

Veldie:

Volf:

Vault101:

Volf:

yeah I was gonna say...

Your sister is damaged in the head.

But unless Apple is being physically abused and her safely is in danger, stay out of it. Go investigate, certainly, and please do intervene if you think you should. Personally given the situation, you should. Sooner rather than later so her injuries can still be used as evidence.
That and her goddamn name will convince CPS to remove her, if only temporarily.

Apple's well-being comes first, not yours or your sister's. Remember that.

"Stay out of it unless she's being physically abused" Isn't your head being slammed against a door and slapped around kind of, you know, physical? I'd at least tell her that she's overreacting.

Bitch slap your sister and slam her head into the door, when she asks 'wtf' be all 'what, i thought this was the way you punish people? you left the milk out'.

CALL THE FREAKIN' POLICE!

Do something. Your niece and sister need help, though the latter's help may involve a padded cell. Child abuse is not okay under any circumstances. Talk to your sister first. If it seems like she isn't going to seek any help about this herself, call child services.

Was your niece being a brat?

If so, bitchslaps are wholly deserved. Kids these days could use a good ass-whooping every now and then. :/

I like how the people going "ZOMG CALL CPS" don't seem to realize that they could potentially ruin someone's life over something trivial.

Volf:

Veldie:

Volf:

Vault101:

yeah I was gonna say...

Haha i'm with you bro.

It reminds me of Pablo Franciso..."she likes apples, it's gonna happen!"

You may be over-exaggerating everything. Unless Apple goes to school with a black eye and a concussion, I don't think the slap upside the head was all that harsh.

If you're concerned, go to your sister and ask her (in one version or another), "So this morning I saw you beating the absolute snot out of your kid. What on earth did she do?"

Should the answer your sister give not be satisfactory to the situation, further describe to your sister that anyone in the neighborhood could have seen that and that she should tone it down in the future. That you'd hate to see someone freak out and call the cops over something stupid.

The more you bend things out of proportion or sit on it dreading, the worse it's going to be for you. Confront the problem head on and don't act like it's huge, or you'll just end up freaking out your sister. Be mature on the matter, state your opinion.

Now obviously if Apple is sustaining injuries, or is getting her ass handed to her every day, you should call authorities on the matter and voice your concern to them. But for all you know Apple may have been a tramp (which kids at age 14 tend to be) and may have deserved it.

Quaidis:
You may be over-exaggerating everything. Unless Apple goes to school with a black eye and a concussion, I don't think the slap upside the head was all that harsh.

If you're concerned, go to your sister and ask her (in one version or another), "So this morning I saw you beating the absolute snot out of your kid. What on earth did she do?"

Should the answer your sister give not be satisfactory to the situation, further describe to your sister that anyone in the neighborhood could have seen that and that she should tone it down in the future. That you'd hate to see someone freak out and call the cops over something stupid.

The more you bend things out of proportion or sit on it dreading, the worse it's going to be for you. Confront the problem head on and don't act like it's huge, or you'll just end up freaking out your sister. Be mature on the matter, state your opinion.

Now obviously if Apple is sustaining injuries, or is getting her ass handed to her every day, you should call authorities on the matter and voice your concern to them. But for all you know Apple may have been a tramp (which kids at age 14 tend to be) and may have deserved it.

-applauds- Nicely said, good sir.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked