When trolling reaches new lows...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen trolling this disgusting, but I just thought I had to vocalize how horrible this is. I'm sure a lot of you saw the thread a few days ago talking about Edd Gould passing away. If you didn't then to inform you, Edd Gould was an animator on youtube and on his own personal website who has been around since 2006. He passed away on the 25th of March of leukemia. Now I'm sure you know where this is going by now. On his videos people are posting comments such as "RIP edd, we'll miss you" and just stuff like that. However a few low lives are trolling his videos with comments like, "OUCH I think I contracted cancer from watching 1:37 seconds of this terrible drek.No wonder this NOBODY died from his terrible work.My back is in pain,I think I got spinal cancer,thanks edd,you sucked."

Idk I just feel like I have to vocalize my disgust towards people like this. Even if they don't truly mean it, its just as bad that they feel the need to troll on a guy's videos who died. Anyone have any opinions on trolling like this? I don't even think this is trolling. Trolling is generally harmless if not annoying as hell, this is just offensive, dickish behavior and I personally think people who do this shit should be banned from whatever websites they're doing it on.

Welcome to the internet where people act like asshats because they know that there will be no repercussions.

Back in my day, if you acted like a jerk you ran the risk of getting beaten up because the person you were being a jerk to was probably within earshot.

thomaskattus:
Welcome to the internet where people act like asshats because they know that there will be no repercussions.

Back in my day, if you acted like a jerk you ran the risk of getting beaten up because the person you were being a jerk to was probably within earshot.

Yeah I think shit like that is unacceptable. Regular trolling is inevitable but something like this is disgusting and websites should at least try to ban people who do this. As impossible as it sounds I think the internet would be a much better place if at least most if not all of the people who are this inconsiderate and douchey were gone.

This is why I rarely venture out of my safe-zone of the Escapist.

Trolls/ass-hats/flaming is rarely tolerated here and the crushing might of the ban-hammer squishes those who stand to oppose it. There are a few who squeak by due to various reasons but for the most part, bad guys get smushed. Some call it too strict in here but I disagree.

LONG LIVE THE BAN-HAMMER!!!

People are cunts who want attention.
In terms of Edd, he made some great stuff and got popular. Of course people "break the norm" to be edgy. Still, it is certainly a shame about Edd. I was watching his stuff since I was like, 12.

Eh, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. Harsh words spoken across the internet by people I'll never meet aren't really on my list of priorities to give a shit about. While trolling can give one a cheap laugh or two, it is mostly a big waste of time - a similar waste of time is getting worked up over them (which is exactly what they want anyway).

BathorysGraveland:
Eh, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. Harsh words spoken across the internet by people I'll never meet aren't really on my list of priorities to give a shit about. While trolling can give one a cheap laugh or two, it is mostly a big waste of time - a similar waste of time is getting worked up over them (which is exactly what they want anyway).

Yeah but the problem with trolling, at least for me, is that it seems like they can only win. The stuff they say usually doesn't bother me but the fact that they say it just to bother other people because they get a few shits n' gigs out of it does bother me. And if one forum doesn't allow trolls to thrive, they just go to another, and another, and another, and they rinse and repeat until they find people who get pissed off at them. I just don't see how poor someone's life must be to not have anything better to do than bother other people over the internet just to see their reactions.

That's too retarded to be even remotely offensive.

As much as I think it is shocking that people would do it, I also just ignore it... They are simple people who don't understand the consequences of what they are doing.

They see it as a game, and as the internet is on a screen to them it is dehumanised to the point where it no longer feels like real life...

One day they will learn first hand how it feels to lose a person close to them, or one in which they admire... and that will probably change them... Unfortunately until that time we will have to be subject to their petty immaturity online!

And then you have the problem that it is also self perpetuating... their actions are seen by other impressionable internet users, and when they finally grow up, someone else will just take their place... might as well just take it on the chin, ignore it and get on with life.

It's insensitive and the work of jerks offs sure, but you can't really do much about it. Gotta take the good, bad and bs with the internet.

I have to be honest, I've never considered that 'trolling' so much as just being ..an asshole? A serious asshole. Perhaps even, dare I say, a cunt. I don't know why. Just seems cruel. I had always considered trolling to be more like practical jokes. Like taping a troll face to the bottom of someones laser mouse (I did that to my husband. He stills talks about how awesome it was). Or, doing something like rubbing muscle-cream on the toilet seat, or something with saran wrap. Wrapping all the office supplies in Holiday paper. You know, that sort of thing. Everyone seems to get a kick out of it or at least finds some humor in it, and it leaves no ...emotional or physical scarring? That's just how I like to think of it. My opinion may be wrong, but, whatever. Makes me feel better. lol

All of those "people" are just little trolling bastards who are so desperate for attention that they resort to dumb and disrespectful shit like this in order to get it. I honestly hope their accounts have been banned at this point.

SeeIn2D:
Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen trolling this disgusting, but I just thought I had to vocalize how horrible this is. I'm sure a lot of you saw the thread a few days ago talking about Edd Gould passing away. If you didn't then to inform you, Edd Gould was an animator on youtube and on his own personal website who has been around since 2006. He passed away on the 25th of March of leukemia. Now I'm sure you know where this is going by now. On his videos people are posting comments such as "RIP edd, we'll miss you" and just stuff like that. However a few low lives are trolling his videos with comments like, "OUCH I think I contracted cancer from watching 1:37 seconds of this terrible drek.No wonder this NOBODY died from his terrible work.My back is in pain,I think I got spinal cancer,thanks edd,you sucked."

Idk I just feel like I have to vocalize my disgust towards people like this. Even if they don't truly mean it, its just as bad that they feel the need to troll on a guy's videos who died. Anyone have any opinions on trolling like this? I don't even think this is trolling. Trolling is generally harmless if not annoying as hell, this is just offensive, dickish behavior and I personally think people who do this shit should be banned from whatever websites they're doing it on.

I wouldn't just consider it out right meanness, consider this friend: We are all afraid of dying.

So some people who have never even created or done as much rebel against the darkness by trolling death. They make light of it. It's just an alternate way the body deals with acknowledging it's impending demise.

Really I wouldn't hold that much disgust towards it. It's not like the homeboy who died is hovering around worriend about what legacy he held on his god damn youtube page.

at first I was all like:

but then I got a sad when you said Edd died.

Eddsworld was one of my favorite flash animators.

really does suck going back and watching the video that he put up explaining his situation some months back.

That's not trolling, that's just dickishness.

If you want to see trolling at new heights, watch the ending to Mass Effect 3.

Shouldn't it be when trolling reaches new depths? There are always complete assholes like this and what else can you do but pity them? Talking like that earns them no credibility so its best just to ignore them.

I enjoy trolling but only in clever and hilarious ways. there's nothing funny about making jokes about dead people...... unless it's osama. but not only that it's also *drumroll* NOT CLEVER. no no clever trolling is when you do things like this.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-elaborate-dick-moves-in-online-gaming-history/

numbers 4 and 5 are the best ones.

This is not new heights their was even an academic paper written on RIP trolling and it has some fairly bad examples:

Sea World trainer Dawn Brancheau was thrashed to death by Tillikum, a 12,000 pound killer whale, as the two performed in front of a live stadium audience (Martinez, 2010). Within minutes of Brancheau's death, trolls began uploading macros onto /b/ featuring a homicidal whale ("Killed the bitch cos she didn't bring fishs") as well as variations on Rule 34

At lease no one has made a gif of a whale raping him to death. The Internet is a messed up place you can't be offended by what /b/tards post, that is what they want.

TopazFusion:

Guess who just got banned recently

I honestly have no idea who this is but I assume he deserved it and it's cause for celebration.
I will laugh at him.

Zachary Amaranth:
That's not trolling, that's just dickishness.

If you want to see trolling at new heights, watch the ending to Mass Effect 3.

The truth... it hurts.

It... it hurts so much!

*Starts bawling uncontrollably*

TopazFusion:

And on the subject of trolling . . .

Man if that guy wasn't a troll he was just and extreme ass hole. I tried to find a YouTube video of Kasumi for ME2 going Ha Ha, because I thought that would be funny.

Eddie the head:

Man if that guy wasn't a troll he was just and extreme ass hole. I tried to find a YouTube video of Kasumi for ME2 going Ha Ha, because I thought that would be funny.

Maybe this will suffice. The best I could find on short notice. I wanted the one with Grunt going "HA" but beggars can't be choosers.

OT: People will be scummy. It's an unfortunate fact, but one that can't really be denied. The best you can do is ignore it and move on.

Don't you mean 'new lows?' Seriously, it's shit like this that makes me wish I could punch people through the Internet.

I dislike people who do this, but there sadly isn't much one can do, except report them to the proper authorities; I.E. Mods. And just ignore them.. The ones I dislike the most are the ones who go after people who are already depressed, or whatnot, and just try and make them kill themselves..

That's the internet for you.

regular person + anonymity + audience = complete arsehole

When someone dies, I'm of the opinion that you should just be respectful, and any grievances you had should just be left to yourself. Although I do tend to waver a bit on this when a person did a large amount of questionable things during his life. For example, when Bush dies, I would not have a problem with someone bringing up the Iraq war horribleness, provided they did it in a polite format, not "OMG BUSH WAZ A DIK IRAQ SUKKED BALLS".

But edd? He made fucking flash animations. So yeah, this guy is an arsehole.

Captcha: too late. Unfortunately yes, yes it is.

Off color jokes have been around for a LOONNG time...

Check out Dante's Inferno for a good number of much more fucked up (relative to the time and place) jokes than the one you posted.

There's a difference between being dumb and trolling. They're being dumb and offensive. A troll tries to be believable, these guys aren't,

Take comfort in knowing that the wretched little tossers would never ever dare say something like that to your face.

Of course, they'd pass it off to their self-diagnosed arseburgers, as opposed to not wanting to risk being punched.

TopazFusion:

No reason to post that pic, I just thought it was funny.

OT: I assume you're talking about Youtube comments. Well, those comments are often like this.
It's best just to ignore them.

...............................................................................................

And on the subject of trolling . . .

do you have the post that got him banned? I want to see the straw that broke the camels back!

It is stupid, sick, unacceptable, but at the bottom line insignificant. It makes no difference really if some immature kid insults a dead person, or alive person for that matter. It won't change anything. It won't make me change my mind about someone. None is taking these comments seriously. It's just sad for those who say them.

it,s part of the internet if you don't want to get trolled don't use the internet.
PS
or go to a site that has strong anti-trolling rules and mods that enforce them

Well in their defense, he was always pretty overrated. Just some fat kid drawing pictures, people made him out as some sort of saint. It's all for the better, now that his mother kicked him out of the house he can get some exercise and not die of a heart attack or something like that.

When you get popular, you earn fans and detractors in equal measure. It's a concept that's way older than the Internet, and it's really not that tragic or worth getting upset about.

The guy's dead, I don't see how or why he should care. And I especially don't give a crap about people getting offended on other people's behalf.

thomaskattus:

Well any civilised person would see that as overkill. If oyur reaction is to beat someone up for saying something, no matter how insensitive or horrible, then you're worse than they are because youve gone past what they did tenfold.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked