Songs That Heal The Soul

We've all been through tough times. Break-ups, trouble at work, midterm week. After it's all over, we tend to just sit down and let the feeling of relief flow over us, allowing for some good old down home soul healin'.

So, Escapists, what songs do you feel truly exemplify reassembling oneself at the other side of a problem, stronger and greater for what we've been through, with new knowledge to aid ourselves in the future?

For me, it's probably Freebird. You can do no wrong with Skynyrd.

Think of something actiony

This is a great start

I prefer something more energetic. Whatever stress that happened is over! Yeah! Whatever I learned from it, I usually will like something playing that will make me pace the room, and maybe make me contemplate what to do next

General Ken8:
I prefer something more energetic. Whatever stress that happened is over! Yeah! Whatever I learned from it, I usually will like something playing that will make me pace the room, and maybe make me contemplate what to do next

Something more like this? I agree, though, that part of the healing process is to get yourself pumped for whatever life's next challenge is.

This... and more specifically the movie it is from... 500 Days of Summer is a guys ultimate break up remedy... to be applied liberally!

I do like Regina Spektor though, play her when I am glum, along with Warpaint, PJ Harvey and Litte Dragon... nothing like raw female vocals to pick me up again! :) THey all sound like such nice girls too! :D

for me this two songs all aways get me out of a funk

This one never fails to cheer me up.

This would be the song in my head if I could fly :D

Elementary - Dear Watson:

This... and more specifically the movie it is from... 500 Days of Summer is a guys ultimate break up remedy... to be applied liberally!

I do like Regina Spektor though, play her when I am glum, along with Warpaint, PJ Harvey and Litte Dragon... nothing like raw female vocals to pick me up again! :) THey all sound like such nice girls too! :D

The hell man. 500 Days of Summer (also High Fidelity) is INDEED essential break-up remedy for guys, but Hero? Hero is played at the absolute NADIR of that film. At the PRECISE MOMENT HE GETS HIS HEART BROKEN AND TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES.

Generally good taste in music there, though. I too love the chick singers. Bro-fist.

I am kind of predictable.

But what can I say I love those guys.

BloatedGuppy:

The hell man. 500 Days of Summer (also High Fidelity) is INDEED essential break-up remedy for guys, but Hero? Hero is played at the absolute NADIR of that film. At the PRECISE MOMENT HE GETS HIS HEART BROKEN AND TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES.

Generally good taste in music there, though. I too love the chick singers. Bro-fist.

**Returns Bro-Fist, enthusiastically!**

You do have a very good point there... Strangely enough I still use it as a cheer up song, as it 1000 times happier than The Smiths! :P

Well... There is one song on there... which I forgot about before (because I was in work) that I have just remembered: One of the best feel-good songs ever! (And damn good album too!)

(Haha... nearly typed 'Best track on a better album...' then thought about it and realised that didn't make any sense what-so-ever!! :/)

Daystar Clarion:
This one never fails to cheer me up.
(Song)
This would be the song in my head if I could fly :D

Sir, that was stunning! Thank you!

Annoyingly infectious happy song: Stepdad - Baby hammers
Epic kind of bitter sweet song: The Flaming Lips - Do you realize
Hilarious song: Jonathan Coulton - RE: your brains

Captcha = Face the music :/

Nothing like good old Daft Punk.

Though, this kinda makes me want to cry but still obvious.

This song is the reason I like this kinda music!!!

Sćglópur by Sigur Ros. The song just has such an ethereal feel that calms me for as long as I'm listening.

Pretty much anything by Close Your Eyes, especially this song:

This is my 9001st plug for this song on this site, but I don't care.

There is NOTHING better to meditate to.

Lately I've been using 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' as my go-to happy song to make me feel better, but the more I think about it, the more I start to think it's not much of a happy song.

Oh well, it's still good.

Its pretty melancholy and sappy, but honestly this might be my favorite song ever (for the moment) regardless of who is singing it. And it never fails to: make me tear up, make me smile, and make me think, all at the same time. :)

That being said, I do prefer Adele's cover of it....

"To Make You Feel My Love"-Adele
(originally by Bob Dylan)

Pretty much anything by the Goo-Goo Dolls is a good way to get me out of a depression.

"Cradled in Love" By Poets of the Fall. That stuff is just pure soothing of the soul.

This song is pretty soothing and I listen to it a lot when I want to get out of a funk.

Turn it up to 11 and go nuts.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked