What should we "retake" next?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Whelp, Retake Mass Effect is still in fully swing and, by all accounts, actually seems to have worked. This brings to mind the question: what other things should be "retaken" by consumers? Should we badger David Lynch to change the ending to Twin Peaks or David Lindeloff to change the ending to Lost? Should we bother Bioware some more to just scrap DA2 and make a new one? Should we badger Valve to make another damn Half Life game? Should we badger Peter Molyneux with FCC violations until he actually makes good on what he said in interviews for Fable 1-3?

What do YOU want to retake next?

Evil Twin Remake!

Honestly I would rather we just lynch Peter Molyneux. The man is a cancer upon the gaming industry and doesn't know the difference between innovation and pointlessly changing everything so it looks different from other games.

"Well you see you can tell you're low on health when the screen goes black and white"

I'd like a health bar you dumb fuck.

The White House. In America, our government is way to corrupted thus it seems like the congressmen are looking out for themselves rather then the people who live here so.. even though it's not a game, I think retaking it in a civil manner would be great.

Regnes:
Honestly I would rather we just lynch Peter Molyneux. The man is a cancer upon the gaming industry and doesn't know the difference between innovation and pointlessly changing everything so it looks different from other games.

I say we retake the right to tell Regnes to go fuck himself. Cant have people dissing my man Molyneux ;)

OT: Retake Fable, perhaps? Fed up of what its become. (Microsofts personal cash cow now that Bungie is gone.)

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Regnes:

I say we retake the right to tell Regnes to go fuck himself. Cant have people dissing my man Molyneux ;)

OT: Retake Fable, perhaps? Fed up of what its become. (Microsofts personal cash cow now that Bungie is gone.)

You love Peter Molyneux, but you hated Fable III, even though everything wrong with the game was Peter Molyneux's fault?

Regnes:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Regnes:

You love Peter Molyneux, but you hated Fable III, even though everything wrong with the game was Peter Molyneux's fault?

You mean the fact that it was rushed was his fault? It was his fault that a lot of influential people left Lionhead because they were fed up of working on Fable title after Fable title? It was his fault Microsoft made them do 3 without asking him whether he even wanted to?

The guy didnt leave Lionhead for the kicks. Hes dropped some hints over the last few months, Microsoft were really pissing him off. Thats why he left for 22cans recently. If anything, you have to give him credit for staying enthusiastic about gaming through all of it.

Being the mastermind behind titles like Black And White, Populous and Fable is nothing to scoff at.

EDIT: And in case it wasnt clear, my "go fuck himself" comment was in a joking fashion. Just putting it out there.

Retake Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Mainly because there is still time to stop the key from turning. All we need is a shiny object to ditract Michael Bay for the next year(a set of keys will do) and a few competent scriptwriters that actually like the series, to rework the thing into a more mature, Japanese style film like the original comic was. A simple story about loss and revenge would do, with proper character progressions, a tinge of film noir about it, and excellent swordfights.

It could be the Count of Monte Cristo with mutant amphibians. Might not be to everyones taste, but by George it's better than the inevitable Racist Alien big-boobied Explosions.

I say we should retake the east coast of america.

Caramel Frappe:
The White House. In America, our government is way to corrupted thus it seems like the congressmen are looking out for themselves rather then the people who live here so.. even though it's not a game, I think retaking it in a civil manner would be great.

Totally unrelated, but I frickin' love your avatar gif, where d'you get it?

Also, I think we should kill the politician and replace them with the mafia. At least you'd know where you stand, or sit, depending on whether they blew your kneecaps off yet or not.

How about you just leave the developing to the developers?

Give all of Capcom's IPs to competent development studios. I want to like them, I really do, but they're making it so hard to not hate them right now.

How about retake taking shit too seriously. I don't know why people take the "retake Mass Effect" thing form more than it is a play on an add that they used to sell the game. Dose anyone seriously think the fans are showing ownership of it? Maybe a small minority dose, but not the majority. I may be more sympathetic to the ME fans but come one who can seriously take that literally?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Regnes:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

You mean the fact that it was rushed was his fault? It was his fault that a lot of influential people left Lionhead because they were fed up of working on Fable title after Fable title? It was his fault Microsoft made them do 3 without asking him whether he even wanted to?

The guy didnt leave Lionhead for the kicks. Hes dropped some hints over the last few months, Microsoft were really pissing him off. Thats why he left for 22cans recently. If anything, you have to give him credit for staying enthusiastic about gaming through all of it.

Being the mastermind behind titles like Black And White, Populous and Fable is nothing to scoff at.

EDIT: And in case it wasnt clear, my "go fuck himself" comment was in a joking fashion. Just putting it out there.

How dare you!

You forgot about Theme Hospital which is one of my favorite games ever. Fuck you EA for ruining Bullfrog.

Gammayun:

What screw that. I worked my ass off to conquer that section of the world. I had to beat 10 super heroes and 3 other villains to get that prime real estate!

Anyways. I'd say the music industry, but I think since it's a true evil we can't. We could knock em down and rebuild though.

Gammayun:

I rather have the West Coast remove from America or shipped the loonies to North Korea.

Here is a suggestion. If you don't like the product don't buy it.

The developers/owners has every right to do what they like with their properties as long as it is not immoral or illegal in my book.

Tiger Sora:

What screw that. I worked my ass off to conquer that section of the world. I had to beat 10 super heroes and 3 other villains to get that prime real estate!

Well I wouldn't call it prime real estate, in the immortal words of are great saviour "i know is not exactly prime real estate, it can only really produce corn and shitty TV"

Retake Hogs of War!

I want that cancelled sequel god dammit!

I say we retake the roads.
Too many times have I been stuck behind old people who don't know what the speed limit is, so they go twenty "just to be safe".
IT'S FOURTY YOU DICK, YOU JUST PASSED THE SIGN THAT SAID SO

The night.

Because it belongs to lovers.

Uh, please say you're taking the piss out of the whole 'Retake' thing. I say we retake our ability to dislike creative choices without demanding someone bows to our every whim and fancy.

And if anyone tries to change the ending to Lost I'll kick them in the fucking head (with my dick).

I wouldn't be against a pre-emtive retaking of TMNT. Someone really needs to stop that before it happens and can't be undone.
And they should stop ruining Devil May Cry.
And no more mario. Of any kind.
And we should retake Pokemon. Just the original 150.
And we should retake Bioware. EA don't deserve it. We ought to liberate DICE while we're there. Infact we should just burn EA to the ground.

This has got me thinking. Why ruin a good thing? Why not just start something else from scratch?

Retake the old religions. Zeus requires sacrifice.

a girlfriend.....a life....taco night.

TimeLord:
Retake Hogs of War!

I want that cancelled sequel god dammit!

There was going to be a sequel to my childhood?

And they cancelled it?

Fucking why?!

Radoh:
I say we retake the roads.
Too many times have I been stuck behind old people who don't know what the speed limit is, so they go twenty "just to be safe".
IT'S FOURTY YOU DICK, YOU JUST PASSED THE SIGN THAT SAID SO

I do that mostly I don't go above 55 like ever if I am driving that's as fast as we are going. Also I live in Idaho so there are lots of parts where no not going that fast on the crappy road. My car may not be good but I don't want to make it worse.

How about we just stop until something else provokes genuine outrage again? Forcing that kind of movement is pretty much impossible, it really has to be organic. If you're insisting, though, I say we turn our attention to the taking back the days when the Simpsons was the best show on TV.

Regnes:
Honestly I would rather we just lynch Peter Molyneux.

Now he isn't wasting time on big-budget Microsoft projects we can hopefully get the real Peter Molyneux back - the on that gave us Populous, Dungeon Keeper and Black and White.

Squidbulb:
How about you just leave the developing to the developers?

jdun:
Here is a suggestion. If you don't like the product don't buy it.

The developers/owners has every right to do what they like with their properties as long as it is not immoral or illegal in my book.

How about you two take the serious out of the joke thread?

RETAKE JOKE THREADS!!!!!

This always bugged me, but why did people not care that Human Revolution did an even shittier form of the same ending ME3 did? At least ME3's ending was A)Built up from game 1. They didn't tell you how the series would be finished, but they at least introduced all the elements from the get-go. And B) More involved than "Here are four buttons. Each one gives you a slideshow of stock photos".

SomeBrianDude:
How about we just stop until something else provokes genuine outrage again? Forcing that kind of movement is pretty much impossible, it really has to be organic. If you're insisting, though, I say we turn our attention to the taking back the days when the Simpsons was the best show on TV.

Regnes:
Honestly I would rather we just lynch Peter Molyneux.

Now he isn't wasting time on big-budget Microsoft projects we can hopefully get the real Peter Molyneux back - the on that gave us Populous, Dungeon Keeper and Black and White.

Black and white was a godawful game.

Ot:take back game developing! With kickstarter and rockethub!

The manner in witch Darth Maul death happened, for real that was utter bullshit.

Deshara:
This always bugged me, but why did people not care that Human Revolution did an even shittier form of the same ending ME3 did? At least ME3's ending was A)Built up from game 1. They didn't tell you how the series would be finished, but they at least introduced all the elements from the get-go. And B) More involved than "Here are four buttons. Each one gives you a slideshow of stock photos".

Well, people did moan about it. Wrongly, because it makes perfect narrative and thematic sense, although it was more a case of function over fashion (the developers have noted the original design wasn't 4 buttons in a room, but the actual functionality was the same).

It's actually more in line with its own narrative than ME3; the onus in Mass Effect has always been on the consequence of your choices (which you only see in part at the ending), in Human Revolution, its on what your opinion and personal belief is.

Monster Hunter. And by retake I mean put an end to this Nintendo crap.

Deshara:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution wasn't 100-ish hours of space opera ended with a spectacularly bad attempt at hard sci-fi through a Deus Ex Machina wrapped in a McGuffin?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked