Toonami is on right now!!!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

No joke, I don't know if this is an April Fools' joke or Adult Swim is fitting all its anime under the Toonami logo but if you tune into Toonami right now you'll see it. In all it's goodness, it even did a mini review of Mass Effect 3(he said the ending was weak) and had all the old shows, DBZ, Gundam, all of 'em. Quit reading this and watch what ever channel you have Cartoon Network on.

OT: I don't know what right is happening, but I like it. Adult Swim might actually take its anime programming logo and slap the Toonami brand on it for some extra views, but would that be so bad? We'd get TOM 3.0 back! Remember TOM, the most badass humanoid bot ever made? Listen if we watch this right now we could bring back Toonami and all those shows! C'mon, its worth a shot, lets do it! Because Gundam classic is on right now and I'm LOVING IT.

He is not kidding, Its true, Adult Swim might be trolling us right now, but god its good to see Tom again.

It will stay.

Steve Blum, the classic voice actor for TOM, confirmed that Toonami will stay on his Facebook.

And here I was putting a gun to my temple thinking this was an April Fools joke.

EDIT: Heck, they even reviewed Mass Effect 3 in classic Toonami format. This has to be real.

Ding dang doodle I was just about to make this thread. But yeah I click on FMA:Brotherhood and see it's showing DBZ

ME: "Oh, cool, DBZ. And it's the old Funamation Dub that I grew up with on Toonami. Awesome."
*show ends* Sees Tom reviewing Mass Effect 3* *Is lost for words*

god its good to see Tom again.

Me3 review was great. It took the endings into account and the minor glitches, but also talked about how good it was. 8.5 outta 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L-bXs5yq00

*bounces*

I was so happy to see this. Tom is awesome. And I like how his personality altered for Adult Swim. He actually cursed when advertising Tenchi DVDs, referencing Jay Z's song.

This is the best thing evers... Or at least one of them.

Wait...I have it on [adult swim] right now and there's no Toonami ;_;

It's 8:30 pm here, will it show a bit later, maybe?

EDIT: Never mind... it's on now...

OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean to tell me that Steve Blum is back on?

Wow, I now actually have a reason to go watch Cartoon Network, I don't even remember the last time I switched to that channel.

Have to admit, I never expected this, and I find myself with mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it has an excellent nostalgic vibe. On the other hand, if this is an April Fools prank, this is gonna be a rather nasty punch in the gut.

I have a hard time believing this isn't an April Fools joke. I mean, they're doing all the finale episodes to their old animoos and everything, not to mention it IS April Fools day.

ChupathingyX:
You mean to tell me that Steve Blum is back on?

Wow, I now actually have a reason to go watch Cartoon Network, I don't even remember the last time I switched to that channel.

It's back and it feels like my eyes and ears are being massaged with honey and love

Two reasons I love Steve Blum: Roger Smith and TOM

Good God I hope these shows come back, CN could use some good views right now

It appears they keep showing to be continued episodes
Must be a ploy to sell DVDs or maybe just maybe toonami will live.
A man can dream can't he *Sigh*

Let me know if they start showing Justice League Unlimited.

So happy. Even if it is just for today, it's still damn good to see all these old shows again.

*nostalgic tear*

If it is an April Fool's joke: Well played Adult Swim. You've managed to both impress and enrage me at the same time. There trolling shall be remembered!
If it's true that Toonami is back and is staying then: Happiness for all and my childhood will be fully complete again!

Why don't I have cable?!!?!?!

Erana:
Why don't I have cable?!!?!?!

Quick, steal your neighbor's cable or something! XD

liamlemon7:

neonsword13-ops:
It will stay.

Steve Blum, the classic voice actor for TOM, confirmed that Toonami will stay on his Facebook.

And here I was putting a gun to my temple thinking this was an April Fools joke.

EDIT: Heck, they even reviewed Mass Effect 3 in classic Toonami format. This is real.

No way, this has to be an extremely elaborate prank.

It would be the most cruel joke ever.

And yet, the most epic community trolling of all time.

I'd both lose what little respect I have for CN left, and simultaneously gain a grudging respect for how hard they trolled their viewerbase.

Irridium:

liamlemon7:

Weirdest part about that? Yesterday I randomly went, "I remember that show...Outlaw Star," I'm gonna watch that!" And watched the first two episodes of it yesterday.

That's a very odd coincidence.

Irridium:

liamlemon7:

Oh man they just started playing this video.

I'm seriously about to cry. This is my childhood. MY CHILDHOOD.

If this is revealed as an April Fool's joke, I'm going to feel hollow inside for the rest of the week. And I start my new job this week, so this better be real.

People freaking out over such a non issue. Yep, it's The Escapist! I love you guys, hug?

Does this mean it will come back on Sky as well? There are literally no channels that I've found left on Sky that show anime except the more kiddy ones like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. If so can they not fuck up their programming list this time?

I really hope this is not a joke but things don't look good:
http://twitter.com/#!/blumspew/status/186358922247028737

Ugh, I'm in England :(

Hey just thought you guys might want to send some feedback to CN about this
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

The sad thing? This IS probably an April fools joke... and they probably think it's funny, not realizing Toonami is one hundred million times better then the shitting live action garbage AS airs right now. Good going shooting yourself in the foot adult swim, now there is contrast to how awful you are now and how good you used to be.

Gabanuka:
Ugh, I'm in England :(

Same here unfortunately. Shame, I enjoyed watching Toonami on Sky when I was younger

Oh boy that ending!
"Later"

New reports are showing that it looks like it wont be here to stay and was in fact an April Fools Prank.

I can't find it anywhere...

I'm in the UK by the way. Where DO I GOOOO!?

Awesome, hopefully Cartoon Network realized this is one of those segments people actually LIKE.

I saw this too, and I nearly lost my mind.

At first, I was like, "This is cool, but they're just re-airing old clips and video." Then I saw that TOM 3.0, not the shitty moving face TOM, was reviewing Mass Effect 3 with all new dialog. I literally exclaimed "Holy Shit!" out loud. I then proceeded to watch as much of this as possible.

It was all like I remember it. The Absolution. TOM being even more cool given his leeway with language now. The classic musical promos (DON'T FEAR FAILURE). The good animes. Too bad SARA wasn't there. It was also great that they aired some episodes they never aired before, with more mature dialog.

We need this back. Kids need to see the "Dreams" promo again. They might not get it now, but it's sooo much better than the usual moral crap they hear all the time. We need this back and, as much as I don't like some stuff on Adult Swim, Toonami fits there. It was great while it lasted, but now I'm only sad that it was only a one-time thing.

Bang.

itsausernamewhatofit:
Hey just thought you guys might want to send some feedback to CN about this
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

Well, I sent an email. Really hope this ends up staying.

I hope this is true. I remember watching so much Rurouni Kenshin with my sister back in elementary school.
Also, I saw this for the first time recently...

"Bang."

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked