Toonami is on right now!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

As someone who missed it, which era tom did they use?

This video seems appropriate for this thread

http://blip.tv/toku-time/toku-time-toonami-tribute-3375189

I was actually quite annoyed. I was going to watch Durarara. Instead Gundam Wing was playing. If they were to have simply played the anime already scheduled for the time slot I would have remained excited. At least it wasn't the Room.

W-what? It's not and April Fools joke?! Or is it? I don't know what to believe anymore...

Captcha: ...Only it's not actually a captcha. Why are they ads now?

If this is just an April's fools joke it is the cruelest of all.

Aconite333:
Too bad SARA wasn't there.
Bang.

Sara didn't show up to talk, though it did show her going through her little 'warp elevator' when it got back from a commercial break at one point.

Before I jump for joy, is this for the UK as well?

I can't find anything on the internet and I can't check the TV since the one in my flat doesn't have Sky. (Uk version of Cable)

And that night, the internet nostalgia'd with the force of a hundred thousand 90's kids

If you haven't already, leave feedback at CN's and AS's sites asking for this to not be a one time thing.

smearyllama:
I hope this is true. I remember watching so much Rurouni Kenshin with my sister back in elementary school.
Also, I saw this for the first time recently...

"Bang."

God, I remember seeing that when it happened and almost crying. Some of the best T.V. that's ever aired, and they ended it to push the shit that Adult Swim had become.

Eric the Orange:
As someone who missed it, which era tom did they use?

This video seems appropriate for this thread

http://blip.tv/toku-time/toku-time-toonami-tribute-3375189

It's TOM 3.0, the coolest one. Now I have the urge to e-mail Bioware asking that if they'd put in TOM's ship when they change Mass Effect 3.

itsausernamewhatofit:
Hey just thought you guys might want to send some feedback to CN about this
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

Spread the word, people. Toonami is right there under one of the drop boxes.

If Cartoon Network (I won't called CN) is bringing back Brak and Zorak just to air a block of cartoons that have been off the air for awhile (Their best stuff like Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo), then they sure as hell need to bring back Toonami.

smearyllama:
I hope this is true. I remember watching so much Rurouni Kenshin with my sister back in elementary school.
Also, I saw this for the first time recently...

"Bang."

Ow, my nostalgia.

Yeah it's gotta be a prank. I mean we all know how much Adult Swim loves Anime, especially its fans.

Oh god, that is just cruel, and I got all excited how the review for ME3 combined the nostalgia of toonami while throwing in some adult jokes, it's like an old friend that we haven't seen for a couple of years and now we're both older.

ah ... Toonami ...

i didn't start really watching till Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star, both where the start of my anime collection.

it's probably just a prank, but it stings a bit they'd tease us like this :(

Do your part
Go to
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

And leave feedback saying you want Toonami back!

God this was a great idea. Even if it was just a April Fools thing, it was good to be reminded that Toonami existed. I watched up to the Trigun episode.

I admit, the nostalgia was in full force last night.
Why did they stop Toonami again? It's rare for something to still be awesome years later.

If it was a prank, most likely, them guys at AS are the cruelest trollers ever. Ever.
Left feedback. Hope they keep it on.

False hope, the cruelest kind of prank

Apparently this happened a lot earlier in the day. I am sad. Curse all of you for tricking me.

Hectix777:

ChupathingyX:
You mean to tell me that Steve Blum is back on?

Wow, I now actually have a reason to go watch Cartoon Network, I don't even remember the last time I switched to that channel.

It's back and it feels like my eyes and ears are being massaged with honey and love

Two reasons I love Steve Blum: Roger Smith and TOM

Good God I hope these shows come back, CN could use some good views right now

I know that man is amazing, he's been in more than I ever thought. His IMDB page is huge. HE EVEN DID A VOICE FOR A SABBAT CHARACTER IN VTM:B!!! I lost my mind at that one.

natster43:
Apparently this happened a lot earlier in the day. I am sad. Curse all of you for tricking me.

Basically this. I got all excited when I saw the thread and then realized it was last night.

I then proceeded to cry like a little girl.

I... I don't think I could take anymore. Game of Thrones Season 2, The Killing Season 2, Mad Men season... whatever

And now this? Did April 1st just become the greatest day ever.

Wait a second... April 1st. Are you having a go?

It's being framed as an April Fool's joke, but let's look at the facts.

Cartoon Network is hemorrhaging money right now. The fact that Nickelodeon is pulling ahead of them in ratings thanks to their retro "90's Are All That" block cannot have escaped their notice. The writing's on the wall, and CN is starting to recognize it. You can already see the signs; Cartoon Planet, a programming block dedicated to older Cartoon Cartoons, began airing last Friday to tremendous success.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami really did make a return.

Ah yes the good old days. Even if this was just an April Fools joke, personally I think it is, I'm still grateful for them bringing a rush of nostalgia to my head. It felt just like it was back in day,staying up late and watching my favorite anime, only this time I didn't have to worry about waking up my parents and getting caught.

Space Spoons:

Cartoon Network is hemorrhaging money right now. The fact that Nickelodeon is pulling ahead of them in ratings thanks to their retro "90's Are All That" block cannot have escaped their notice. The writing's on the wall, and CN is starting to recognize it. You can already see the signs; Cartoon Planet, a programming block dedicated to older Cartoon Cartoons, began airing last Friday to tremendous success.

This is very true. Guys write into the feed back, it's very simple to do.

Programming> Toonami > Name, Email, Reasoning (Go nuts)

Adam Jensen:

it was so cruel, i nearly cried....so many memories.
gundam
dragonball
yuyu hakusho
the miazaki week
megas xlr
outlaw star

.......sigh.....and of course....tom and his AI......

Bang.

Space Spoons:

Not that I'm doubting this is true at all, but could you post some sources for that?

I was curious how the viewer ratings on CN were going but couldn't find any definitive info after a bit of searching.

Like I said, they have to realize their ratings would probably nearly double if they revived Toonami.

They have a group of new shows coming (Of which only the new Batman series sounds any good.

You guys do know that Toonami aftermath has all the old shows and is on all the time online?

go google it, its the first result and it brings back alot a fond memories.

Holy crap. I wish I could watch it

Please tell me MegasXLR may comeback

If I didn't already own almost everything I used to watch on there I would be sprinting to the nearest cable box squealing like a little girl. I miss the old days when I was a kid listening to TOM. Also seeing everyone super excited got me super excited so now I have to go find some way to fix my nostalgia craving, damn :p

Captcha: run the gauntlet

Captcha has become sentient, since my plan was to watch outlaw star, rurouni kenshin, cowboy beebop and all the other great things TOM used to show me. I love you TOM

Adam Jensen:

This...this right here. Right as I saw that Toonami was playing I was confused but somehow still excited. Sadly all that excitement died the second I noticed my clock was passed 12:00 already and it was the 1st of April...Such cruelty to use Cartoon Network, such cruelty. Last year The Room and now this.

God, I miss Toonami so much. I know this is just an epic trolling but I would love the hell out of Cartoon Network if they decided to make Toonami the new Adult Swim where they show all the old Anime we use to love as children.

Space Spoons:

I imagine that's why they have that new Brak and Zorak block on Fridays, showing Foster's, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, etc.

Edit: My bad, that IS the Cartoon Planet block . . . .

*looks wistfully at the sky*
"Space."

It was great to see that again. But that wasn't any Tenchi I ever saw. Is that a new Tenchi series or did I just smoke too much before watching the show back in the day?

Too bad they didn't dig up Moltar: the original Toonami host.

GonzoGamer:

It was great to see that again. But that wasn't any Tenchi I ever saw. Is that a new Tenchi series or did I just smoke too much before watching the show back in the day?

That was my exact thought. I think it was another version of it since I don't remember seeing the Ryu Oke subtitle on it before.

I hope this wasn't a joke but I think it was. I looked at next Saturday on my cable box and it didn't show DBZ / Tenchi / Outlaw Star, it was back to the regular stuff. To bad too because I was enjoying that. I <3 me some Outlaw Star. Plus most were the final episodes.

Qitz:

GonzoGamer:

That was my exact thought. I think it was another version of it since I don't remember seeing the Ryu Oke subtitle on it before.

I hope this wasn't a joke but I think it was. I looked at next Saturday on my cable box and it didn't show DBZ / Tenchi / Outlaw Star, it was back to the regular stuff. To bad too because I was enjoying that. I <3 me some Outlaw Star. Plus most were the final episodes.

But it wasn't on the lineup this past weekend either. My friend had to txt me about it and I thought he was fucking with me because the guide had the usual crap lined up.

I thought that was new... hoping, really. For the sake of my own brain cells. Don't do drugs kids.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked