The best of both worlds...?

I wouldn't know whether to be incensed or pleasantly surprised if the Game of Thrones season premiere was like this tonight:

I think I would actually kill someone. No joke.

And here I was thinking we could have a nice long chat about the massacre at Wolf-359

I don't even know what game of thrones is, but if that happened to a show I was watching, I'd get a pitchfork too.

Jason is, what, ten years old? He probably shouldn't be watching Game of Thrones in the first place....

smearyllama:
Jason is, what, ten years old? He probably shouldn't be watching Game of Thrones in the first place....

and he is too old to be watching my little ponies... what's your point?

Liquidacid23:

smearyllama:

Eh. I just like to nitpick, I suppose.

I've read the books so I'd probably just think it would be really funny.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Now let's not be too hasty here. It might seem like a horrible idea but consider this:

Game of Thrones is a fairly violent show, correct? People get killed and sweet death is tasted by our enemies...

Now, I bet horses get killed in this universe just as often (if not more so)...

tippy2k2:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Now let's not be too hasty here. It might seem like a horrible idea but consider this:

Game of Thrones is a fairly violent show, correct? People get killed and sweet death is tasted by our enemies...

Now, I bet horses get killed in this universe just as often (if not more so)...

Now that you say it, watching Robert split a ponies head with his axe sounds strangely appealing.

(Just so you know, a horse already got its throat slit in full detail in season 1.)

I'm probably going to attract a lot of hat for this but I don't get the appeal of MLP.
Could someone explain why it's garnered such a following?
Also, I've never watched Game of Thrones.
Could someone give me a brief description of what it's about and whether or not it's worth watching?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Strangely enough I beleive you, Smash... and in all honestly... I would probably join you!

King of Asgaard:
I'm probably going to attract a lot of hat for this but I don't get the appeal of MLP.
Could someone give me a brief description of what it's about and whether or not it's worth watching?

It's like fantasy RPG world meets the graphic drama of Norse, Roman and Greek Mythology... It is gory and full of sex and sin and it is simply just THAT good! To be honest, i'd be surprised to find a gamer that doesn't like it! It has a lot to appeal to us! The entire time of watching it I was thinking: 'this scene would make a good game' and 'that's a character I would like to kill'.

It also has awesome casting... I mean, who doesn't like Sean Bean? The guy is a legend!!

smearyllama:

He's also been ten years old for the past fiftyish years. I don't think it really matters all that much.

King of Asgaard:

MLP and its popularity defy all possible prediction, just try to avoid thinking about it if you wish to retain your sanity.

Game of Thrones centers on a late medieval era world with some fantasy elements (wights, dire wolves, and dragons thus far, although they mostly so far remain in the background, all three were until recently thought to be extinct.) The storyline centers on the political intrigue between several families vying for power, with plenty of both underhanded trickery, and open warfare. The characters are deep enough that I felt immensely satisfied when one particularly despicable character is "crowned" with a vat of molten gold, and bitterly disappointed when one of the few genuinely honorable people around is brought down and killed by those around him.

Note: It is very, very NSFW

Elementary - Dear Watson:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Strangely enough I beleive you, Smash... and in all honestly... I would probably join you!

King of Asgaard:

It's like fantasy RPG world meets the graphic drama of Norse, Roman and Greek Mythology... It is gory and full of sex and sin and it is simply just THAT good! To be honest, i'd be surprised to find a gamer that doesn't like it! It has a lot to appeal to us! The entire time of watching it I was thinking: 'this scene would make a good game' and 'that's a character I would like to kill'.

It also has awesome casting... I mean, who doesn't like Sean Bean? The guy is a legend!!

I see...
Thanks for replying so quickly!
Is it possible to find Game of Thrones online in reasonably good quality?

Heronblade:

smearyllama:

He's also been ten years old for the past fiftyish years. I don't think it really matters all that much.

King of Asgaard:

MLP and its popularity defy all possible prediction, just try to avoid thinking about it if you wish to retain your sanity.

Game of Thrones centers on a late medieval era world with some fantasy elements (wights, dire wolves, and dragons thus far, although they mostly so far remain in the background, all three were until recently thought to be extinct.) The storyline centers on the political intrigue between several families vying for power, with plenty of both underhanded trickery, and open warfare.

Note: It is very, very NSFW

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info and the quick reply!

Elementary - Dear Watson:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

King of Asgaard:

I can't freaking wait.

That said, have you read the books? Because I have, and personally I'd switch the actors for Stannis and Davos around.

King of Asgaard:
I see...
Thanks for replying so quickly!
Is it possible to find Game of Thrones online in reasonably good quality?

Umm... iTunes or Amazon or net flix? I'm not really sure, I get all my stuff in hard copy... My internet connection is not good enough for download...

I once downloaded a movie when Sky movies allowed you to download... it took over 22 hours, and slowed my laptop down so much I could no longer use it! :S

Binnsyboy:

I can't freaking wait.

That said, have you read the books? Because I have, and personally I'd switch the actors for Stannis and Davos around.

:P Unfortunately I haven't read them yet, but I do have them on my Kindle ready!

Looking forward to it though... but I want to finish the Dark Tower Novels first!

Lagao:
I don't even know what game of thrones is, but if that happened to a show I was watching, I'd get a pitchfork too.

Bah just a pitchfork?!

i would gather a Space Ship Fleet for battle

JordanXlord:

Lagao:

Bah just a pitchfork?!

"This is your last warning, take the ponies out of game of thrones or we will destroy earth"

If I were into Game of Thrones, that'd probably be my reaction too.

Liquidacid23:

smearyllama:

No, he is too young to be watching ponies.

So Game of Thronies - Backstabbing is Magic?

I'd watch the shit out of that show.

TheRussian:

Liquidacid23:

smearyllama:

No, he is too young to be watching ponies.

This is sarcasm right?

OT: I'd welcome it - since the ponies would be constantly betraying each other and meeting their untimely end.

Bouncer:

JordanXlord:

Lagao:

Bah just a pitchfork?!

"This is your last warning, take the ponies out of game of thrones or we will destroy earth"

and i just found my new Fleet Commander...

Welcome to the JordanXlord Imperial Fleet, here is your free top hat

Nothing is safe anymore....run for the hills!

JordanXlord:

Bouncer:

JordanXlord:

Bah just a pitchfork?!

Yeah Awesome! Do I get a special badge too?

Bouncer:

JordanXlord:

Bouncer:

Sadly we had to cut on Badges...to make more Grenades

But you can have this Coffee mug

JordanXlord:

Bouncer:

JordanXlord:

Sadly we had to cut on Badges...to make more Grenades

But you can have this Coffee mug

Huh, it's the WWII nylon socks round up all over again... exept this time it's for something much more useful than parachutes.

I shall drink my coffee with much distinction now!

Huh, and here I was thinking that this had something to do with the Star Trek:TNG episode of the same name.

Well, there is a benefit to this mash-up that most of you aren't seeing. The annoying ass ponies are in their goddam place (under the control of the factions of Game of Thrones) and will probably get bitch slapped for talking out of line with their riders. And as stated before, horses getting killed in combat. Thats nice too.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked