My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 episodes allegedly "leaked" *SPOILERS*

Click here.

April Fools day spoilers?

Thomas Guy:
April Fools day spoilers?

As I said before, I pray that this is just another cheap April Fools prank. I mean, after all, the post's original date was April 1, which is normally April Fools day!

If any time it is, I won't just breathe a sigh of relief from this, but also say the following:

In my personal opinion, April Fools Day has to be one of the worst holidays ever conceived by humankind. A laugh can be a good thing, but not when it downright manipulates people and insult their basic common sense! But to take the idea of hurting someone's feelings with lies, especially heartbreaking lies, all in the name of a couple chuckles, and turn it into a full-blown holiday is just... no, to call it abominable would just be too lenient. No, in my mind, it's a sin against God's pure Earth that needs to be purged off of its holy surface and be tossed into the dark pits of Hell for eternal damnation!

Why would I say something like this? Well, last time I checked, holidays are supposed to be in respect to whatever it was supposed to be formed for, not in spite of it like April Fools Day. With Christmas, it was supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and people do that by spending quality time with their friends and family and blessing them with feelings of joy, hope, and love, despite the odds of unintentionally corrupting them with whatever lavish gift they might spoil them with. With Independence Day, it's supposed to celebrate the day the Declaration of Independence was first signed, thus turning America from a bunch of British colonies to its own full-blown, independent country. Even Halloween is several times better than April Fools Day, as while it's supposed to be about scaring people, to me at least it's better to be scared than easily manipulated, which is what April Fools Day is like.

Normally, there is a reason as to why they'd put the "holy" in "holiday." But with April Fools Day, unfortunately, it's less that and more of a sinfulday!

I'm normally gullible, and when it's April Fools Day and I'm exposed to some manipulative prank during this time as part of "tradition," I feel insulted and disgusted. I can't even create my own April Fools pranks, whether to follow "tradition" or to pay someone back for playing one on me! But this "leaked" Season 3 synopsis to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic did more than manipulate me; it also broke my heart and almost made me cry like the show's own original, intended, and overall real demographic, the average 6-year-old little girl!

The Great and Powerful Trixie, Discord, Luna, and seventeen manticores team up and build a GIGANTIC volcano lair in the heart of the Tartaurus, after The Great and Powerful Trixie tames Cerberus of course. Discord doesn't do anything, because we couldn't get John de Lancie to come back a third time, but he does look pretty formidable hanging out in the background like that. We listed Luna to get the bronies excited, but she totally won't be making an appearance. Our animators forgot how to draw her. Luckily we have some clip art left over for the movie poster. We also found out manticores breed like rabbits, hence the two we originally started with turning into seventeen. What a pain... ANYWAY, EXPECT IT IN 2013

Seems... Legit...

Stagnant:

The Great and Powerful Trixie, Discord, Luna, and seventeen manticores team up and build a GIGANTIC volcano lair in the heart of the Tartaurus, after The Great and Powerful Trixie tames Cerberus of course. Discord doesn't do anything, because we couldn't get John de Lancie to come back a third time, but he does look pretty formidable hanging out in the background like that. We listed Luna to get the bronies excited, but she totally won't be making an appearance. Our animators forgot how to draw her. Luckily we have some clip art left over for the movie poster. We also found out manticores breed like rabbits, hence the two we originally started with turning into seventeen. What a pain... ANYWAY, EXPECT IT IN 2013

Seems... Legit...

Please let it be sarcasm!

I mean, it's an April Fools joke, because today is April Fools Day, right? *Quiet self-lol...*

Well, EQD is going 110% troll today, so even if it did come from there, I'm calling this out as False and Homosexual!

Besides, they already fell into hot water with Derpy, any more of our fandom enters there and it will be Backwards Mothers vs Bronies in all out war!

And It would just be a bloodbath....

Hold on a second, John De Lancie is Discord? What has the cosmos done to Q to get him in such a state?

You really need to relax. I mean, just read it! Even if it wasn't posted on April 1st the whole thing REEKS of sarcasm.

Andsre:
You really need to relax. I mean, just read it! Even if it wasn't posted on April 1st the whole thing REEKS of sarcasm.

*sighs out of relief*

Thank you. I almost cried like My Little Pony's actual intended demographic over some cheap April Fools joke that manipulated me like a disposable puppet.

Soviet Heavy:
Hold on a second, John De Lancie is Discord? What has the cosmos done to Q to get him in such a state?

Discord basically is the same character as Q. Apparently when they were writing the episodes he featured in, they made him a straight rip of Q and discussed getting a VA who sounded like De Lancie, until someone came up with the bright idea of actually asking the man himself... and he accepted. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

Soviet Heavy:

>.> you really couldn't tell by listening to Discord talking?
sides, Discord was fucking awesome

EternalNothingness:

In my personal opinion, April Fools Day has to be one of the worst holidays ever conceived by humankind. A laugh can be a good thing, but not when it downright manipulates people and insult their basic common sense!

Just because you take a show WAY too seriously that does not mean we should abolish a good, fun day.

It doesn't insult people's common sense as they know to ignore nearly anything interesting on April 1st and just have a laugh.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

Are you telling me...that Q plays someone on MLP? Now I need to watch it.

Lunar Templar:

Soviet Heavy:

I've never watched the show, so I didn't know.

If you read something like that...and on April fools day to boot and believe that there might be any modicum of authenticity to it, then I really can't help you. And seriously, it's just a joke, cool your shit.

TheDarkEricDraven:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

Are you telling me...that Q plays someone on MLP? Now I need to watch it.

yes and he acts like a toon version of Q Return of Harmony is his eps

Im pretty sure the synopis is fake becides we will have more then 13 eps next season im sure both season v1,2 had 26

Soviet Heavy:

Lunar Templar:

Soviet Heavy:

I've never watched the show, so I didn't know.

o.0 oh, well, that'd do it then.

the way Discord was written he was basically Q anyway, so who better to voice him? john has this smooth yet slimy tone to his voice, you can just tell he's going to be a bastard but you'll love him for it anyway XD

Yeah....... I'm just gonna go out on a limb and chalk this up to an April fools joke. This reeks of sarcasm. And I think some people might have an aneurysm if the fanbase has any more influence over the show. (someone, as in the people who complained about Derpy). I think we can rest easy.

EternalNothingness:

Andsre:

*sighs out of relief*

Thank you. I almost cried like My Little Pony's actual intended demographic over some cheap April Fools joke that manipulated me like a disposable puppet.

I can confirm that this is an April Fools joke on ED's part. Someone posted the picture that that article is based on a few days ago, and it was pretty much immediately shown to be fake. From what I understand, they don't even have scripts for season 3 yet, let alone a full episode listing and synopsis for each one.

I know this may be slightly off-topic, but the "done-to-death" plotlines can be just as much opportunities as pitfalls if they are handled with care and thought. FiM's greatest strength so far has been to reconstruct cliche characters and plot elements.

Take that body-switching one. The cliche demands that everyone be confused and have the main characters try to pretend to be each other, with (allegedly) humorous results, until someone figures out what's going on, whereupon they have to shame-facededly acknowledge what they've been hiding.

But that's nonsense and shows no respect for the characters or the audience. There's no reason that, given the world they live in, they couldn't just put "My Name Is..." signs on and go back to what they were doing, albeit with physical limitations/advantages they weren't used to.

What makes cliches bad isn't the root event or circumstance, it's the agglomeration of stuff that gets attached and passed on as part of a package deal even when it makes no sense.

Melon Hunter:

Soviet Heavy:

Discord basically is the same character as Q. Apparently when they were writing the episodes he featured in, they made him a straight rip of Q and discussed getting a VA who sounded like De Lancie, until someone came up with the bright idea of actually asking the man himself... and he accepted. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

I never really watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, and even though I know that Discord is just Q if tossed into a cartoon based after little girl toys, it still doesn't excuse the fact that I have to watch whatever ST:TNG episodes that feature John de Lancie as Q to understand the Q/Discord connection. Based on those facts I've described above, the best I could really say about Discord is simply the following:

Based on what I saw after watching both Return to Harmony Parts 1 and 2, Discord is just an irredeemable bastard whom I wish could just die, most notably after the way he turned Twilight Sparkle's own five friends against her out of fear of their friendship and its immense power.

I mean, sure, at the end of RtH-p2, instead of dying he turned to stone, and if I were also turned to stone myself I'd be wishing to die. But really, because he's not dead, just petrified, odds are that he might inevitably return in a future episode to continue his never-ending quest for revenge against the Mane 6 for foiling his plans to retake Equestria.

Also, when you look at Discord, he's basically the polar-opposite of Princess Luna's alter-ego, Nightmare Moon. With the case of Nightmare Moon, she was, at the very least, a tragic figure, who tried to destroy Equestria, not to quench a non-existent thirst for power, but rather because she wanted friends but couldn't because of her immense jealousy for her sister, Princess Celestia. Good thing, though, that as soon as the Mane 6 used the Elements of Harmony to turn her back to Princess Luna, her older sister would arrive in the nick of time to redeem her of her past sins. And, as soon we are reintroduced to Luna in the season 2 Halloween special, Luna Eclipsed, she would slowly come to terms with herself and relearn how to be benevolent like her sister, even though it means following the Nightmare Night holiday's tradition of scaring ponies for not only her own amusement, but also their own (as Pinkie Pie once said in that episode).

Discord, on the other hand, was simply beyond redemption. He shared no compassion for anyone nor wanted any of his own. And not only that, but as expected in an empty, emotionless shell of a villain, Discord is also a hypocritical manipulator. Seriously, what's the purpose of creating game-rules like "no flying, and no magic," if the huge majority of the other rules Discord didn't mention, nor wanted to out of fear of losing, are all geared toward his favor but not opponents like the Mane 6? I mean, the Mane 6 aren't allowed to use magic and flight, but Discord is allowed to separate them from each other, and even go far as to manipulate them against each other, most notably when he gave Rainbow Dash her wings back in-exchange for her and her friends' surrender?

I mean, sure, because Friendship is Magic is a children's show, that means that the writers won't allow Discord to kill any pony without incurring the wrath of the FCC. However, the way he not only turned Equestria into a chaotic shadow of its former self, but also tossed in chocolate rain, long-legged rabbits, and even ballet-dancing buffaloes and a tap-dancing Granny Smith into the mix, did do a brutally efficient job of raping minds like my own. And, if Discord is capable of turning Equestria into one big mind rape that makes every pony wish to die even though they can't, at least in a children's cartoon, and coupled that with his lack of any actual emotions and capability to manipulate others, then I wouldn't so much say that he's irredeemable as much as I'd say he's... well, irredeemable to infinity plus eleven!

Hell, if anything, I wouldn't so much even say Discord is akin to Q, but more akin to a less darker version of the following villain:

Seriously, Slade from Glen Murakami's cartoon adaptation of Teen Titans was at his worst when he not only recruited Terra as his apprentice, but also had her temporarily side with and befriend Beast Boy and his fellow Titans, so once their trust is high enough, she then casts it down for Slade to finish the rest of the job. Slade forced Terra against her will to not only betray, but also downright break the hearts of the very costumed super-heroes who cared for her as her friends, and would have done everything in their power to help with her problems had she not become Slade's new pet!

He even went far as to bitch-slap Terra; just scroll to 3:O6 in the video below and you'll know what I'm talking about:

It's one thing to turn Equestria into one big scathing mind rape, complete with chocolate rain and dancing buffaloes. And, it's another to take a beloved friend and turn her into as much of a ruthless monster as both Discord and Slade. But child abuse in a children's cartoon, which miraculously, albeit barely avoided the FCC's unholy wrath not only once, but also twice in a row after Terra gave Slade his come-up-ins in the end by dumping him into hot, searing lava?

And yes, instead of Q, I'd compare Discord with Glen Murakami's version of Deathstroke the Terminator, renamed Slade in the show to avoid trouble from the FCC... even though they almost failed at it when they had Slade bitch-slap Terra, followed by having Terra toss Slade into lava to return the favor. I mean, sure, Discord is more lighthearted and less grim-dark and serious than Slade, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that both are emotionless monsters who would manipulate and turn beloved friends against each other with no regards to their well-being, all in the name of going forward with their malevolent schemes.

All that, plus Ron Perlman (Slade's voice actor) is as much a big-name actor as John de Lancie; whereas the latter played Q, the former played Hellboy, as well as the narrator to Fallout 3 (complete with his trademark line, "war never changes").

I can sense the lies in this thread. Oh look, April 1st! Has to be true!
Abandon thread!

Yeah it's an april fools, all of those.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked