What do you think of the worst swear word of all?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Obviously I didn't want to get a warning from our amazing administrators so I didn't actually include the word in the thread's title (and I'm a little hesitant to use the word here in case some poor kids scan this), but just wondering what the latest ideas are on the swear word that indicates a woman's genitals, commonly accepted as the most offensive swear world in the western world. I don't know whether to be proud of offended by that fact...

Mates of mine on XBL say it all the time whilst playing, every so often I tell them off but mostly I just let it slip by. Guess I'm not that offended by it, but I still kinda cringe inside whenever it is said so I can't be completely desensitised to it. It's definitely not a light swear word, however, and if somebody does say it I tend to make presumptions on who they are based on that language.

And hey, I can't bring myself to use it here! More because I'm frightened of administrator backlash, though.... which would indicate the word is still heavily regarded as taboo.

You know Yahtzee uses the word on a regular basis, right? Cunt is not taboo on this sight unless you actually call a user one.

That said, I almost never say it, as I feel it is the last truly sharp swear word. It's for especially grave occasions where the person absolutely deserves to be called one. If there's even a shred of doubt that they deserve to be called one, just stick with bitch.

Go with fag. Really easy word to just toss around and you can say it freely in public. Every male at some point will be called it. Go and laugh it off because being gay is not really a slur. Oh course it invokes so much rage in another male when they hear it. Really confuses me is when the male being called a fag is not homophobic. You see them get all bent out of shape when another male calls them it.

Cunt is about as offensive as "nipple". It's a word that relates to a female sexual organ. Thats like dick for men. But I know I'm a dick and I'm proud

Eh, swears don't matter to me. They're usually just words that used to have no negative meaning. That and words only hold power if you let them. A lot of swears use to be terms for regular things, it just took people getting offended to make them used in are vocabulary of swears.

I don't much weight on any "swear" words. I keep my tongue in check in formal situations, but otherwise I swear as a simple method of stress relief when I'm angry in pain, etc. I would write out my entire philosophy on swearing but I think George Carlin covered it pretty damn well, so if you've seen his bit on swearing you already know how I feel. If you haven't seen it, I seriously recommend you do; Carlin was a very intelligent man, and quite funny too.

EDIT: To address the specific question, cunt seems more comical than poignant as an insult.

its funny I didnt even know it was a word untill I was like 10 or 11...and then It didn't douns like a"swear" word because i had never heard it before

it doesnt sound that offensive to me

I live in Australia. C*nt (I'll be a good boy and censor myself... -.-) is a very lenient, almost slang-like word here. So of course it doesn't bother me at all, not that I get offended by curse words anyway. I don't use the word myself though.

I'd have to agree, the word "cunt" is probably the worst to use. I seldom use it to the point where I'll say "fuck" ten times before I call someone a "cunt".

SycoMantis91:
Cunt is about as offensive as "nipple". It's a word that relates to a female sexual organ. Thats like dick for men. But I know I'm a dick and I'm proud

Except in America, where for some reason it is literally the most offensive swear word out there. I'm American and it makes absolutely no sense to me; at the worst, it shouldn't be any more vulgar than "cock."

Owyn_Merrilin:

SycoMantis91:

Except in America, where for some reason it is literally the most offensive swear word out there. I'm American and it makes absolutely no sense to me; at the worst, it shouldn't be any more vulgar than "cock."

Its america, its not supposed to make sense.

I suppose cunt is the worst although living in England it really has no effect any more, considering we all get over swear words by age 10 after hearing them all a dozen times.. this ain't the USA, we couldn't care less if someone is cussing like a sailor over here

Owyn_Merrilin:

SycoMantis91:

I'm in the U.S. too, and I agree. There are thousands of non-"swear" things you can call someone that should be more offensive than calling you a part of your own body. No one gets pissed when you say "you're a fuckin arm, man!"

BathorysGraveland:
I live in Australia. C*nt (I'll be a good boy and censor myself... -.-) is a very lenient, almost slang-like word here.

It's the same in the UK, which leads to some of my favourites such as cuntybollocks.

Although I believe some older generations would be mortified to hear it, and I have an Aussie friend who's about 35 and doesn't like it either. In his own words, "My parents raised me to respect women, so I don't like hearing words like that used". Lovely guy though, one of the best meaning people I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

The worst ones are always the ones made up on the spot. Rather than just calling someone a dick, I might refer to a part of a dick then attach a rodent or insect to the end. Simple, poignant, and gets the point across every time.

Lord Kloo:
I suppose cunt is the worst although living in England it really has no effect any more, considering we all get over swear words by age 10 after hearing them all a dozen times.. this ain't the USA, we couldn't care less if someone is cussing like a sailor over here

I'm Australian - trust me we don't much care for swearing either, my language would be considered polite even while I'm raging on the xbox!

I've always thought cunt sounds like some sort of cake ingredient. Tell me you wouldn't like to eat a cunting bun, or even a pastry cunt?

im in agreement with that word being the worst

although my go to word is c**kbag necause its so absurd

TailstheHedgehog:
Obviously I didn't want to get a warning from our amazing administrators so I didn't actually include the word in the thread's title (and I'm a little hesitant to use the word here in case some poor kids scan this), but just wondering what the latest ideas are on the swear word that indicates a woman's genitals, commonly accepted as the most offensive swear world in the western world. I don't know whether to be proud of offended by that fact...

Mates of mine on XBL say it all the time whilst playing, every so often I tell them off but mostly I just let it slip by. Guess I'm not that offended by it, but I still kinda cringe inside whenever it is said so I can't be completely desensitised to it. It's definitely not a light swear word, however, and if somebody does say it I tend to make presumptions on who they are based on that language.

And hey, I can't bring myself to use it here! More because I'm frightened of administrator backlash, though.... which would indicate the word is still heavily regarded as taboo.

Depends on the target, IMO.

Backwards for conveinence
Asian: CIPS
Black: REGGIN
Hispanic: KCABTEW
Gay: TOGGAF
White: TIHS-FO-ECEIP GNIKCUF

Honestly, whites (like me) got it easy.

I try to avoid curse words, althou I sometimes fail pretty horribly, especially when I get pumped up during sports or games I might forgett what I am saying, hasn't offended anyone yet as far I know thou <.<

"Slut".

I think "implying that a girl is screws around with guys very easily" is one of the worst thing you can accuse a girl from.

Djinn8:
I've always thought cunt sounds like some sort of cake ingredient. Tell me you wouldn't like to eat a cunting bun, or even a pastry cunt?

Erm, how would you...

Cook it?

Anyway, again, being Australian I often swear, not in front of formal company or my family, though. C***f***er is my particular favourite. I always wondered why Americans considered that word to be so particularly vulgar.

Surely "nigger" and other slurs that are based on race should be much worse.

Ah well, America can be quite silly sometimes.

Cockbreath. For most men it implies they are gay and are the less dominant one in a gay relationship all in one convenient word. Because only gay guys enjoy sucking dick, right? And only the submissive one in the relationship sucks dick without himself getting sucked off. No, I don't really think this way, but some people do. :P I just don't agree.

the worst of them all is %#&@#$#% yeah its so bad i cant even type it ON THE INTERNET!!!11!!!1!!

seriously though they are all meaningless trivial crap that people need to stop getting butthurt about

You do know that "cunt" is not nearly as offensive in other countries as it is here right? Right...

As for my thoughts on the word... I have none. It is a slang word describing a women's genitals, nothing more. I find the whole "giving words some strange power" thing quite weird.

ElektroNeko:
"Slut".

I think "implying that a girl is screws around with guys very easily" is one of the worst thing you can accuse a girl from.

Totally agree with you. I could walk away from being called a C*nt I think but, well, i'd walk away from slut too but I think I would take it a bit harder. Especially because it's so unfair that a guy gets called a stud for sleeping around while a woman is looked down on.

BreakfastMan:
You do know that "cunt" is not nearly as offensive in other countries as it is here right? Right...

As for my thoughts on the word... I have none. It is a slang word describing a women's genitals, nothing more. I find the whole "giving words some strange power" thing quite weird.

I guess I did but I didn't stop to think about it. That's really interesting! Ha, you'd enjoy reading some Barthes!

I never understood why c*nt is a swear word. Vagina isn't. I think I can comprehend 'F*ck', because that's a vulgar act, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the sentence "Little Jessica, she's 2, running around naked - you can see her c*nt" is rude. It doesn't make sense why it's so vulgar.

this all reminds me of shakespeare "A rose of any other name would smell just as sweet", although, put into this context, that phrase just sounds ridiculously funny.

I'm gonna have to say none of them. Mainly because swearwords don't make sense as swear words. Insults maybe, but I've never understood why they're called swears. For example, I could call someone an idiotic baboon, but neither are considered swears. But if you must insist then I guess it depends on the situation.

Cancer. (As in the disease)

Yes I know, we dutch can be a horrible people.

Oddly, I don't find swear-words that offensive for the most part. Calling someone a 'cunt' or a 'dickhead' doesn't mean anything at all. Calling them a loser, a whore, or a user actually strikes me as a lot more damaging.

I mean, someone sees you enjoying your favourite past-time and calls you a 'cunt', how would you respond? Now imagine they called you 'pathetic', or 'childish' or 'a loser'. At least to me, the latter examples are much more likely to offend.

SycoMantis91:

"Cunt" is about as offensive to me as "and". I really do not give a cunting fuck about all these bad words.

Granted, im not going to run around screaming it front of kids, but really, who cares? Its just a word. What happened to "sticks and stones..."?

Shawn MacDonald:
Go with fag. Really easy word to just toss around and you can say it freely in public. Every male at some point will be called it. Go and laugh it off because being gay is not really a slur. Oh course it invokes so much rage in another male when they hear it. Really confuses me is when the male being called a fag is not homophobic. You see them get all bent out of shape when another male calls them it.

Its just all that vent up sexual insecurity pouring out.

I'm sorry the worse swear word in the UK at the moment is clearly calling someone a total Cameron and in near second is calling someone a complete Milband.

I'm Dutch, and here saying cancer as a swearword or wishing someone cancer is the most hated, and most used obviously.

(Your Eldar army list is cancer overpowered, people who play with Eldar suffer from cancer)

Other diseases usually used in a swear are typhus, tuberculosis, and the bubonic plague. (You are a terrible kid, you are a bubonic plague kid.)

The only time I swear really is when playing games, I only use one and I say it that many time's I'd sound like an older Eminem song being played on the radio if it was put out on there. XD

here in nz people throw it around like nothing, which annoys me because it used to be this really offensive word...now they are using it as a greeting

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked