The last Manga you read.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well, I've gone and picked up six of the Ranma 1/2 books from my local library for the week and I've just started the third book. It's fun. What have you read recently?

Moo!

I have just finished reading all the Ouran High School Host Club that are released in the UK. I have to wait till june to the last volume in the series which sucks :(

I'm going to buy some Battle Royale tommorow to tide me over though. Kind of exetreme difference but still

Berserk and One Piece... though those are the only two manga I really keep up with lately. I will re-read a lot of good stories I liked but I am finding most new stuff just just be the same as something previously or just suffer from piss poor writing so I stick to what I know is good or things that have aged well enough for me to know it will be worth trying.

If you count Korean manhwa, it's Ares.
Quite enjoyable stuff.

If you only count Japanese stuff, it's Mahou sensei Negima. While I liked the series, the ending was absolute and utter shit.

Just started Deadman Wonderland. first 2 issues were off to a pretty good start.

The last one that I really sat down and read? Franken Fran. Still need to catch up with it actually.

I read the entirety of Akira in about 2 days (6 volumes that make phone books blush) for a consultation on said property.

It's really long.

It would have either been the last few volumes of Full Metal Alchemist or the first few of Naruto. I gotta say, the Naruto anime is way better than the manga.

Just polished off Battle Royale... gonna go take a shower now.

Well I have read the latest chapter of Yotsuba@! online.

Good stuff, good stuff. It's kind of interesting see Azuma's art style in this manga gradually change over the years.

VaudevillianVeteran:
The last one that I really sat down and read? Franken Fran. Still need to catch up with it actually.

Right in the middle of that one and I abosultly loved it.

OT:Asides from Franken Fran, Cardcaptor Sakura, it's enjoyable and I really like the art.

OP, you have good taste. :P

Just finished catching up with Fairy Tail and Gantz. Bit of a genre clash, but it works. As for just "recently", throw some Bleach, Ah! My Goddess, and Pokemon in there too.

Rereading some Deathnote. I let a friend borrow them for a while and when he gave them back I read the first and second one again. I think I like the beginning more than the section where Light begins working with the people trying to capture him. Everything was black and white. Shades of grey are fun sometimes but it didn't appeal to me in this series.

Ooku: The Inner Chambers. Can be a bit hard to follow due to changing characters, but the book as a whole is really following fuedal Japan post-male-apocalypse, even when it's focusing on individual people.

I also read "Dororo" by Tezuka at the same time. It's a very unique manga that started a few trends. I like it because of all the very, very subtle metaphors about coming of age and completing oneself through hardship (as well as becoming weaker as you become more human) throughout.

Also, hi! Just graduated from Navy boot camp! I don't know if anyone remembers or knew me to begin with, but it's great to be back!

Dance in the Vampire Bund. I really like it, but the plot twists are usually unpredictable by introducing some mythos that you have no clue about. I'm thinking of reading Monster but eh, haven't been in the manga mood for a while.

The enigma of amigara fault.

It's been a while since I've read anything of any real length. :/

-cough- Koibana Onsen -cough-

I thought the story was rather cute, alright? D:

Rurouni Kenshin, like 6 years ago.

Just put down the latest release of Kodomo no Jikan. Intense stuff I say. Interesting characters, story, dark situations and serious themes with a lot of light-hearted comedy. Fits together well, although the subject matter is controversial and not for most. Haven't had any time to pick anything else up recently.

new chapters in
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
K-ON
To Love Ru Darkness
Fairy Tail
KissXSis

the last complete manga was Re-Read of Kare Kano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō) fairly recently.

Well, I haven't completed a manga in ages, but latest chapters I've read are:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
Fairy Tail.
Simon Sues
Bakuman
Legend of Tyr
Vinland Saga.

I read the first four books of D. Gray-Man at school, and I'd like to continue on with the series. I'm also on the lookout for a few Shaman King books. I read a bunch of them as a kid, and then bought a few on sale when Borders was closing. Sadly, I'm missing a couple of books in between, so I need to wait until I can find them.

DrRockor:
I have just finished reading all the Ouran High School Host Club that are released in the UK. I have to wait till june to the last volume in the series which sucks :(

I'm going to buy some Battle Royale tommorow to tide me over though. Kind of exetreme difference but still

I have the Battle Royale Ultimate Editions. It's a griping read, way better then the novel or movie I think (despite the slight localization problems)

one piece

Well today I was reading some of the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha series. Still at a decently early stage of its life and there are multiple version that all started at the same time. Going a little further back then that just caught up with a few others and been continuing the main shounen series that tend to be known easily (examples: One Piece, Fairy Tail, Historys Strongest Disciple, etc.)

Katekyō Hitman Reborn!

Its the best one Ive read. Still waiting for next issue. Why can't it come faster?

Also it is the only one Ive read.
If you know any other good ones please tell me. Im just to busy watching Anime right now to look.

Just read the latest chapter of Needless there a couple of hours ago. I'm also keeping up with:

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Pandora Hearts
Freezing
The Breaker: New Waves
Cradle of Monsters
Katekyō Hitman Reborn
Claymore
Gantz
Deadman Wonderland
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Beelzebub

Pretty sure there's one or two others that I can't remember right now.

I read some Ga Rei after watching the anime a few months back but lost interest pretty quickly. I read a lot of western comic books and watch a lot of anime, but unfortunately don't read much manga. It's overpriced and I don't like downloading them (because I like supporting the books >.>) because I hate reading it off of a computer screen.

Probably the best manga I have read is Claymore... and it wasn't AMAZING by any stretch.

I'm keeping up with a few. Pandora Hearts, World God Only Knows, and recently finished Mahou Sensei Negima. Haven't really been reading manga recently, all my time has been taken up with games and visual novels.

Fappy:
I read some Ga Rei after watching the anime a few months back but lost interest pretty quickly. I read a lot of western comic books and watch a lot of anime, but unfortunately don't read much manga. It's overpriced and I don't like downloading them (because I like supporting the books >.>) because I hate reading it off of a computer screen.

Probably the best manga I have read is Claymore... and it wasn't AMAZING by any stretch.

Have you looked at World God Only Knows? it's got the first 7 arcs as 24 anime episodes, the rest in manga. Easily my favourite manga, you should have a look at it.

Claymore was good up until where it ended in the anime really, so my time reading the manga felt a bit pointless.

Parasyte, good read if you're alright with gore, cheap sexual humor and a bittersweet ending.
Basically it's about ALIEN SPACE PARASITES from SPACE coming one day and infecting people, killing them and taking over their body by eating the inside of their heads. The main character ends up with one in his arm, and they go on to kill other parasites.

Richardplex:

Fappy:

Have you looked at World God Only Knows? it's got the first 7 arcs as 24 anime episodes, the rest in manga. Easily my favourite manga, you should have a look at it.

Claymore was good up until where it ended in the anime really, so my time reading the manga felt a bit pointless.

Yeah the anime's ending wasn't necessarily good, but the manga did drag after that point. I stopped reading a few volumes after the War in the North (or whatever) arc.

Damn, I have to answer Bleach to this. I've also read Negima and Mahoramatic in the past couple of months. I don't read too much manga, I prefer anime on the whole, not that I get to do that as much as I'd like to either, college be damned.

Fappy:
Yeah the anime's ending wasn't necessarily good, but the manga did drag after that point. I stopped reading a few volumes after the War in the North (or whatever) arc.

Pretty much what I did, got to chapter 97 or something, I vaguely remember clare dying and then not being dead about 3 times in 2 chapters. Pretty much defines what went wrong: it started act 3 way too early, and couldn't reel it back in, so what got stuck in a perma act 3. Got old quick. A shame really, I really liked Clare's character. Glad I read it though, I now have a "Like-Claymore-but" stamper alongside my "Like-God-of-War-But" stamper.

Richardplex:

Fappy:

Pretty much what I did, got to chapter 97 or something, I vaguely remember clare dying and then not being dead about 3 times in 2 chapters. Pretty much defines what went wrong: it started act 3 way too early, and couldn't reel it back in, so what got stuck in a perma act 3. Got old quick. A shame really, I really liked Clare's character.

Clare was the reason I was interested in the first place. She was so mysterious and then... nothing... lol? I think they lost sight of what made the story interesting and spent way too much time on silly nonsensical plot twists. What the hell was up with the island being like a testing ground or whatever?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked