Any music you could recommend?

So I was going through my iTunes today and I could really use some new music. So is there anything you guys like? Don't really care about genre, I like anything as long as it's good.

Recently I've been listening to Trifonic so anything like that would be awesome.

Hmm few of my favorite bands off the top of my head

-Counting Crows (my fav)
-Arctic Monkeys

Uhhh I just recently got into this one band: The xx

Too much to contain in one post, man.
I'll stick to jazz right now. I might come back to edit in more good stuff from other genres.

Genesis
Led Zeppelin
Jimmy Page
The Beatles
Bad Company
The Firm
Queen

That's a few things I like.

I listen to a wide range of music but always had a soft spot for video game inspired music (usually remixes and covers). A badass Mega Man X remix album came out recently that I have not stopped listening to since I downloaded it last week. Here's probably my favorite track from the album:

I've just been to see Christy Moore tonight. Now bear in mind I normally listen to rock and electronica, but I will dabble in folk and if in you're in the mood to listen to some blokes with guitars just making music that is absolutely beautiful, well...

Been listening to a lot of this lately

This is also amazing

And Pain Of Salvation of course

Kasabian (Every album is gold)
Oasis
The Pixies (The album Doolittle is awesome)
Smashing Pumpkins
Feeder
The Stone Roses (Their first album is class there isn't a bad track)
Bloc Party
Beady Eye(pretty much Oasis without Noel)
The Strokes
Blur
The Enemy
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Marley
Miles Kane
The Killers
The Who
Miike Snow
Daft Punk
Gorillaz
That's pretty much evey artist I have on my iPod.
EDIT: Thought of some more Damian Marley, Muse, Franz Ferdinand.

Tus Ojos, Miedo or Niņo by Belanova.

Venezuelan I believe, though they are the only 3 good songs they've done, the rest is just kinda annoying.

Queen.
Phil Collins.
Beautiful South.
Most of the 80's.

(skip a minute in , slow burner)

And now for something completely different ... either that or it could be another flashback.

SeeIn2D:
Recently I've been listening to Trifonic so anything like that would be awesome.

Well you're in luck. Maybe. I guess. Trifonic kinda sounds like

Noala:
Everything Sucks

Ugh.. I have a love/hate relationship with Reel Big Fish. I could go into a huge rant about it, but it's not worth the fight anymore.

Check out these guys, I think they deserve some love.

Anyways, OT:

Well... I am currently listening to Mastodon. They are awesome:

Additionally, groove metal. Because groove metal does not get nearly as much love as it should:

The strokes and radiohead are both worth listening to

edit

Amethyst Wind:
Tus Ojos, Miedo or Niņo by Belanova.

Venezuelan I believe, though they are the only 3 good songs they've done, the rest is just kinda annoying.

Totally looking those up. I'm sucker for good Spanish music.

This is the newest group I really enjoy.

TheRealJLars:

This is why I like music threads. ^-^ Cool bands!

SeeIn2D:
So I was going through my iTunes today and I could really use some new music. So is there anything you guys like? Don't really care about genre, I like anything as long as it's good.

Listen to Blue Sky Black Death. I'm thinking. I have a Pandora station set to them, and it's somewhat similar to this sound. I say check out the station, then write down names of bands that sound similar.

BTW, I dig the sound of that song you posted. I may have to buy it. Thanks dude!

Lol at captcha: "you're welcome"

SeeIn2D:

Well for dark and slowburning, which is the vibe I'm getting off of Tritonic, I'd suggest the Weeknd, who are pretty good and who have three free and well received mixtapes out. This song is more uptempo than usual for them but it's their best in my book

Also along these lines is Beach House, who you will find either captivating or sleep inducing

I'm not super familiar with Portishead, but from what I know, their aesthetic falls in line here pretty well too

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked