Starstruck! What famous people have you met?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

So the other day I was walking into a Five Guys Burgers & Fries (best burgers on the planet) and as I went up to the cash register I saw that the staff behind the stand were obviously startled, they were pacing and murmuring and the cashier who was obviously a little troubled by the unproffesionalism (though I didn't mind it really) her co-workers were showing, so to try to explain her friends behavior she turned to me and said:

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jerry Seinfeld was just here!"

I was obviously shocked since being in South Florida, Seinfeld would be one of the last people I would guess to be in Polo Country. Though Tommy Lee Jones does have a house near ours and Tiger Woods has a huge mansion about 45 minutes towards the beach. But I digress, I turned quickly just to see Mr. Seinfeld turn the corner from behind the condiments counter and rushed to meet him. I held the door open for him as he exited the building and gave me a wink and a thanks. I was at a loss for words as I just watched him walked away.

So after I had my little encounter, I returned to the cashier and said "Hah, you guys should have said 'NO BURGER FOR YOU' eh?" Everyone in the restaraunt laughed a bit, I ordered my burger, and drove home.

What famous people have my fellow Escapists met in their life?
Come on, give me some funny stories! I know there's a few out there.

I got to talk for a bit with Steve Blum two Comic-Cons ago. That was cool. I have run into Doc Hammer (one of the creators of Venture Bros.) at least 5 times in Atlanta and San Diego. I think there might be some more but I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this one is worth mentioning. Back in the early 90's my dad worked at the Plaza Hotel in NYC. One time Eddie Murphy was staying in the hotel with his security staff who brought their SEGA Genesis. For whatever reason when they were leaving one of the security guys gave my dad the Genesis. So yeah, I own a SEGA Genesis that Eddie Murphy allegedly played. Go me!

I've seen William Shatner in a grocery store I work at a few times. He was okay, but obviously didn't want to be bothered.

I've met a good amount of famous people through flying, what with my mother being a flight attendant and all, we get free flights. She's also gotten me a lot of autographs over the years.

Dirk Nowitzky is probably the most famous one I've met. Him or Seth MacFarlane, who spoke at my college. I've met a lot of musicians from concerts, but most of them aren't big names.

The guys from After Midnight Project numerous times.
Bryce Avary AKA The Rocket Summer.
The guys from Closure in Moscow.
Talked to Tobias Sammet, lead singer of Edguy and Avantasia, for about an hour after their show once.
Anette Olzon of Nightwish kissed me on the cheek once.
Got a picture with Andrew Volpe of Ludo.

I met Tony Todd, best known for being the Candyman, on a flight once. He noticed me staring at him, got up to use the restroom and as he passed he whispered, "Candyman". Got his autograph after we landed.

The only person I've ever been starstruck around was Emilie Autumn. My words just were not there I was so excited/nervous.

The Queen. It was her Golden Jubilee and she came to Dundee and I was part of some group that was involved with the whole thing. I gave her flowers and bowed.

Most famous person I've met that I wasn't crapping my pants with fear about was probably Tyler Connolly, the lead singer of Theory Of A Deadman after they had a gig in Glasgow.

Then there are a few footballers that played for Dundee United that I've met as well.

Chris Jericho, met him and the rest of Fozzy at Sonisphere last year.

The Chuckle Brothers, Wolf (from Gladiators) and numerous actors from the Star Wars original trilogy (namely Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Darth Vader)

I once reserved a chair for Liam Neeson's mother.

Jack Nicholson at the grocery store... the store my old apartment was near where a scene or two of about Schmidt was filmed, I was in the background of a few shots with my roommate, I believe those shots were not used (they wanted people to just go about their business).

I met Robert Di Nero and his wife (she was a black lady don't recall the name) at an deli in San Jose he approached my older brother from behind (who was wearing a scarface shirt) and said "That movie was terrible" Then he laughed when we kinda freaked out that Di Nero (not in that movie btw) was there.

I worked security (I'm a cop) on a Lady Gaga music video she sat down in the big tent and ate with and visited with everyone for a minute or two each. I was with my twin brother and she was very interested in the fact we were tall twins.

Hung out with Rage Against the Machine when I was like... 13? it was around 1993 or so. My brother's local band opened for them while they were touring. It wasn't every member just I think Brad Wilk and Zack De La Rocha.

My brother used to own a club in Huston met a whole bunch of soon to be famous/semi-famous bands because of that.

I wonder if any of them remember me?

Edit: My mother often tells a tale of when she met Henry Fonda when she was pregnant with my brother and I. He was old as sand at the time and held a door for her.

Today I met Larry Fitzgerald Sr. as I was walking into my highschool (where Larry Fitzgerald Jr. graduated). Mr. Fitzgerald asked if I could give an envelope to the football coach and put a few signs that he provided around the school. It was exciting seeing as I've never met anyone associated with pro sports.

I just remembered as I was typing this, another incident where I came in contact with a famous person. At a concert last summer, I was front-crowdish for Cage the Elephant (they were opening for The Black Keys) and Matt Schulz stage dove (dived?) and when he got over to my area he grabbed my hand in a full on clasp. Needless to say I turned into a squealy fangirl for the next few days (I'm a guy). I consider that better than the Larry Fitzgerald Sr. thing actually...

I also forgot to mention that Fitzgerald Sr. is a writer for Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder, so he's kind of an important person by himself.

Charlie Daniels

Bit of a boring wanker to be honest, although I suppose that at his age, after wearing out three fiddle bowstrings in a single show...

I don't really watch the show and don't even see why they're so famous, but at one restaurant one of the Kardashians was sitting right across from us with her boyfriend or fiancee or whatever.

I shook hands with Taylor Swift once. I died.

And also, you're not considered to be part of Melbourne until you've seen Geoffrey Rush. That man is EVERYWHERE.

/shrug

Supposedly I met Telly Savalas when I was still a little child. (though I doubt many if any here would have any clue who that is without looking it upon google, wikipedia or any other websource)

Closest brush I had to anyone famous was I sold a phone plan to Adam Copeland(edge)

Yeah, not that impressive.

Buster Douglas once came into the Meijer store where I was working.

Not really a super famous person I suppose, but the most inflectional I person I have met was Ralph H. Baer. He even signed my copy of his book "Videogames in the Beginning".

A couple of years back, I saw Justin Bieber at a mall in Houston. A few seconds later I realized it was actually a thirteen year old girl.

I stood behind George HW Bush in a buffet line once without realizing it. Beyond that, I stood nearby Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann once and I shook hands with Ralph Sampson once

Being 'star struck' is so utterly stupid I can't even wrap my head around the whole concept. Someone help me out a bit: so you see someone who has appeared in a movie or in that glowing box with a glass wall that sits on the corner of your room and tells you what to think, and what happens then exactly? Do you get something? Do you win something? Is your life improved somehow? Do you get respect from your peers because you happened to buy from the same batch of Cornflakes as some celebrity? Because if so then you might want to change peers.

They are people. You know, like you. Or your friends, or your family. There are quite a lot of people all around you, just like the ones that you've seen in movies. Do you get off when you spot one of them in the grocery store?

I just don't get it. Don't you have any real accomplishments you could brag about? Is that it?

Billy Colony is the only big star I recall actually meeting in person, he was about to go start the show I had tickets to see so didn't get to say much more than HI! like some silly fangirl lol. If yahtzee counts then I bugged him for a bit one year when he came to melbourne lol.

I met Ethan and Malakai Nicolle last sunday at ECC. Gotta say, Malakai is a bit intimidating.

Those two, for those who SOMEHOW don't know yet, are the brothers behind Axe Cop.

I met Wayne Gretzky when I was a kid. Got the pic to prove it, too :). He wasn't much more than 19 or 20 at the time. He was very shy compared to the guy you see in commercials these days. Nice guy, though :).

Said hi to Sam Neill as he walked past on the street once. Apart from that I did have a chat to Tiki Tane in Real Groovy. Although that would be a bit lost on non-New Zealanders.

Met littlekuriboh at an arcade convention and interviewed him.

I got to meet Arthur Darvill(The actor who plays Rory on Doctor Who) at a Doctor Who convention last November. The guy was very down to earth. Anyone here would have laughed at the giggle I let out when I asked him if the words 'Feed Me Seymour' meant anything to him(He was in a production of Little Shop of Horrors you see) and he said 'Yes! Love it!' I still have his autograph and a (slightly blurry) picture with him.

Also my uncle has met Chuck Norris, that's gotta count for something.

Edit: Oh and me and my mother once had a table next to a Mouseketeer. Didn't catch the name though...

"Met" would be none, although once at the local Wal-mart there was blond girl that I can only assume was famous due to so many people acting like "Starstruck" assholes all of a sudden, still have no idea who it was.

I met Kelly Ripa at a taping of Live with Regis and Kelly a few years ago. And now I work with Michael Nise (not a celebrity per se, but an important TV producer in the Philadelphia area). I guess that sort of counts.

And while not me, a few of my friends got to do a one-question interview with Yahtzee at a convention.

I met former Vancouver Canuck Tiger Williams at a grocery store a few years back

I finally got to see my favorite author, John Green (of vlogbrothers fame), at a reading/signing this past year. It was easily the highlight of my year.

I also interned for a film studio a few years back and both Bill Hader and Robin Williams came into the office for meetings. I also delivered a dress to Naomi Watts's door...that was pretty cool.

I personally have not met anyone, besides band members, that I can remember, but my father is a different story. He met a ton of famous people from being a flight attendant for 13+ years.

The most notable off the top of my head was Muhammad Ali.

Skiisk:
Being 'star struck' is so utterly stupid I can't even wrap my head around the whole concept. Someone help me out a bit: so you see someone who has appeared in a movie or in that glowing box with a glass wall that sits on the corner of your room and tells you what to think, and what happens then exactly? Do you get something? Do you win something? Is your life improved somehow? Do you get respect from your peers because you happened to buy from the same batch of Cornflakes as some celebrity? Because if so then you might want to change peers.

They are people. You know, like you. Or your friends, or your family. There are quite a lot of people all around you, just like the ones that you've seen in movies. Do you get off when you spot one of them in the grocery store?

I just don't get it. Don't you have any real accomplishments you could brag about? Is that it?

It feels cool. That is all.

OT: I was in the same mall atrium as Brangelina, and shook hands with Raffi. That's about all I've got.

Never directly, but my uncle once met (as in had a conversation with) Patrick Stewart, AKA a man I would forfeit whole limbs to meet, and my sister saw Summer Glau in a supermarket once.

The closest I've come myself is, I met Drake on Chat Roulette once at least I think it was him.

The King, Queen and Princess Madelene of Sweden. I don't remember this myself, but apparently I headbutted the king in the stomach. Was four-five years old and didn't look where I was running.
My mom panicked.

Apart from that... only minor Swedish celebrities. Had some friends who had fathers that were somewhat famous. Generally don't really care about these kind of things.

I met George Lopez over at my local news station a few years back. At the time, my family and I brought our dogs for a mock chihuahua race that was shown on television.

Kind of funny really, as he played as a chihuahua in a movie called "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" which came out not too long after. :P

I met Jason. Fucking. Lezak.

Yeah you never heard of him.

But you might remember him from this moment

Edit:
As for funny story, there is none.

I was at local 24hr fitness talking to my personal trainer. Jason Lezak walks in, says hi to him like they knew each other. My friend introduced me to him but only by his first name "This is Jason Lezak". I didn't recognize his name at first because his face is underwater for most of the part. But I saw him on television live and it was the greatest Olympic moment I've ever seen.

I played laser tag against Hugh Jackman once. By the looks of he was there with his kids for a birthday party or something, and a bunch of parents and kids. I'd taken my (at the time eight year old) brother to play with his friend, and since there was only three of us we were being folded into other groups. My brother's friend kept on saying that he though he saw Wolverine and I had no idea what he was talking about, until I saw Mr Jackman reading out the scores at the end of a match. It was pretty surprising.

Seemed like a pretty nice guy and none of us did anything stupid beyond some initial surprised gawking.

Needless to say when placed on the opposite team we kicked his arse.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked