Worst Marvel films?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So Marvel has pooped out some truly good films, but also some extremely crap ones. What are the worst ones you think of?

Admittedly, I loved Spiderman 3. Hated Iron Man 2, though.

I liked the first Ghost Rider. 2nd was just flat out 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING!?' Though I really enjoyed the ending chase.

For me, I'd say the Hulk movies. Interesting concept, but they ultimately bored me. I'm hoping the Avengers will change that.

Ghost Rider hands down. I would have a easier time listing what was right about the movie rather than what was wrong.

Things they did right:
Ghost rider looks correct (even that was cheesy looking CG)

Things they did wrong:
EVERYTHING ELSE

Rubber ears? Seriously? Granted, most of the pre-X-men movies were awful, but that one was worth mentioning as especially bad.

Can I mention the Dare Devil/Electra movies?

Or, have we all just come to the consensus that we simply convinced ourselves that they don't exist?

I didn't know Ghost Rider was a Marvel movie. Didn't see it so I would probably say the first Hulk movie is the worst I've seen. I didn't bother with the Fantastic Four, knew it would be bad from the start.

The biggest letdown was Spider-Man 3 by far though, I was never looking foreward to Hulk.

madwarper:

Or, have we all just come to the consensus that we simply convinced ourselves that they don't exist?

What Daredevil movie? Sounds made up

Of the one's I've seen, that award would go to either X-Men 3 or Wolverine. However, we can't disregard a certain older movie. One that most people aren't even aware is Marvel:

*shudders*

Spiderman 3 I'll admit was pretty disappointing. Especially considering how good the first two were in my opinion.

madwarper:

I actually remember enjoying Daredevil. I can agree that Electra wasn't all that great though in my opinion.

I really didn't like either Hulk film. I wasn't a big fan of Thor, either. Both Fantastic Four films were crappy, as was Ghost Rider.

Those are the worst I can think of off-hand. And yes, I saw Daredevil (mediocre) and Elektra (I enjoyed it).

Punisher. 2004 Punisher was boring. 2008 Punisher was too violent for its own good. 1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.

Well, out of the ones I've seen.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance definitely takes that cake. I actually enjoyed the first one, stupid and silly as it was. Spirit of Vengeance was just bad. Nick Cage was enjoyably hammy as ever though, and he appeared to always be on the verge of just erupting into a pure ball of crazy.

I didn't mind the 2003 Hulk movie either truthfully, I saw it a few times and I think it's OK. The 2008 one is a lot better though.

Sean Hollyman:
So Marvel has pooped out some truly good films, but also some extremely crap ones. What are the worst ones you think of?

Admittedly, I loved Spiderman 3. Hated Iron Man 2, though.

I liked the first Ghost Rider. 2nd was just flat out 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING!?' Though I really enjoyed the ending chase.

Just a nitpick, but the

Aris Khandr:

Rubber ears? Seriously? Granted, most of the pre-X-men movies were awful, but that one was worth mentioning as especially bad.

Oh come on, you can't hate a movie that has this!

X-men 3 and Spiderman 3 both had parts that really rubbed me the wrong way, but they both had their moments. I don't share the hate for Daredevil or Elektra, and I haven't seen the Hulks or Ghost Riders. Iron Man 2 was excessively bland but not quite bad. The only ones that I really didn't like through and through are Fantastic Four and X-men: Wolverine.

OP: You're not alone, I actually liked Spiderman 3 as well. Yeah, the emo hair looked kinda dumb, but honestly, how they made and presented the symbiote/black suit/venom more than made up for a lot of the movie.

The wolverine movie was pretty terrible, at least I thought so.

So far, it seems Marvel has a 50/50 success rate with their movies IMO.
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
The second Incredible Hulk
Spider Man 1&2
Xmen and Xmen First Class

The Average;
Xmen 2 or X-2 is you're feeling douchey
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Then the pretty terrible;
The second Fantastic Four
Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
The two Ghost Rider Movies
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

Thats my list and opinion on what Marvel has put out into the world, hopefully the Avengers will be the best Superhero Movie ever made to make me forget Ghost Rider and Elektra.

Edit: not sure if you would count Kick Ass as a Marvel movie, its based on the comic from Icon, which is owned by Marvel.

Counting modern Marvel movies exclusively, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I shouldn't even have to explain why.

I liked the transitions in the first Hulk movie, and enjoyed it for what it was. Seeing Banner hunger like a beast made a lot of sense, although seeing the green behemoth eat a cow was sadly absent.

Spiderman 3, Iron Man 2, and X-Men 3 felt shameless and fell flat in my opinion. That was NOT Juggernaut...

inb4 someone points out that Marvel Studios movies and all movies made about Marvel properties are seperate things. The only movies Marvel Studios have made independently are Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Marvel Studios is responsible for all the good Marvel movies, whereas other studios who owned the licenses to Marvel characters made the shitty ones.

malestrithe:
Punisher. 2004 Punisher was boring. 2008 Punisher was too violent for its own good. 1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.

I loved the 04 Punisher movie!! That was my favorite!

In fact I will go as far as saying it was my favourite Marvel film!

OT: My vote is for Daredevil... hands down...

Also Man-Thing...

IMDB even has this as the top bit of trivia:

A test screening for the movie was held in which half of the audience walked out before the movie even ended.

In all it's glory... (bear in mind it was 2005... not 1985!)

The 1994 Fantastic 4 movie, Ghost Rider, Captain America (1979), Captain America 2: Death Too Soon, Captain America (1990)and Daredevil (Director's cut was pretty good though). Wow, 3 of those were prototypes for one of the best they have to offer so far. That's sad.

Uhhh... Well, the three X-Men movies that they've made were pretty good. Same with those two Spider-Man movies. Hmm... The Incredible Hulk movie was good, same with Captain America... I don't think there ARE any others...

I remember Daredevil being disappointing, that was Marvel right?

I'm surprised NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD hasn't been mentioned. But that's more a hilarious awful.

I'd like to point out that alot of the earlier "marvel" films werent actualy produced by marvel, for a list of the films marvel have actualy produced and are in the process there of, you can go here.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0051941/

So yeah general misconeption out of the way, alot of the awefull earlier movies like spider-man fantastic four, electra and so on were all produced by outside companies, marvel still did spider-man 3 though so i can't forgive them for that.

I actually thought the Ghost rider movies were not to bad.

Although I though Captain america was goddawful.

I do hope they make a Deadpool movie at some point.

I'm probably mad. I liked the first ghost rider movie, well most of it anyway.
But I really disliked the Thor movie. Constantly trying to shove cgi and oversized helmets and weird looking costumes in your face. Humor that didn't work for me. A tacked on love story. Seriously it was as though she was only the love interest because she was there and they needed a love plot in the movie. And the worst two villains in any superhero movie. The frost giants first of all were terribly bland. And loki had a completely wrong motivation. His brother gets cast out for attacking the frost giants, so he's next in line for the throne. So then he wants to earn his fathers respect for some reason, BY DESTROYING THE ICE GIANTS?!

Spider-man 3. It took everything good about Spider-Man and crapped all over it.

malestrithe:
1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.

He doesn't wear the Skull Shirt and he lets criminals live.

Corax_1990:
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
Spider Man 1&2

The Average;
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

Thats my list and opinion on what Marvel has put out into the world, hopefully the Avengers will be the best Superhero Movie ever made to make me forget Ghost Rider and Elektra.

Edit: not sure if you would count Kick Ass as a Marvel movie, its based on the comic from Icon, which is owned by Marvel.

Wolverine was average!?
Nigga you crazy.

My vote is for Daredevil anyway. That movie made no sense.

WolfThomas:

malestrithe:
1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.

He doesn't wear the Skull Shirt and he lets criminals live.

Really, that's all that matters to you? It's not correct unless the punisher kills people and wears a skill T-Shirt. Oh wait, I keep forgetting that I'm dealing with continuity whores that only care about superficial things about comic books and cannot evaluate the overall project on its own.

Whether or not he wears a skull T-Shirt is irrelevant. The skull has nothing to do with the character's motivations in the movie, which are consistent from the comic book. It feels right for the early 90s portrayal of the character, when the character used criminal informants on a regular basis.

worst I've seen was Wolverine.

I listen to the podcast "now playing" they are reviewing all marvel movies. From what they were saying about Man-thing and the hulk tele-movies sound, they absolutly awful.

Corax_1990:
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
Spider Man 1&2

The Average;
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

I sort of agree with your list. Although isnt there a million Punisher Movies by this point? Only one I have seen is the Dolf Lundgren one from the 80s :P

PhunkyPhazon:
. However, we can't disregard a certain older movie. One that most people aren't even aware is Marvel:

*shudders*

THe double whammy
Marvel and Lucas!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked