"no-one in the world is more reviled than a pretty woman" samantha brick

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

This is why we have misogyny.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
What the hell? Shes ugly as sin.

Pretty by British standards maybe... Hehe.

Dont you go dissin' our women yo. We have Emma Watson for Christ's sake.

Gabanuka:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Man, I forgot all about her. Shes not that pretty tho-

Alright, alright! I will admit it. You guys have the most beautiful woman in the world.

No one in the world is more reviled than an arrogant jerk.

Whether she's attractive or not (which is completely opinion) saying that people hate you because you are gorgeous is bound to draw ire from people. Arrogance is far from an endearing trait.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Gabanuka:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Alright, alright! I will admit it. You guys have the most beautiful woman in the world.

Admit it again.

The point that "People who are more attractive get treated differently than those who aren't" is a valid point, but it's no where near a new one. That idea's been around for thousands of years. In the modern world "if you're thin, you win" has been true in my experience.

Narrowing her argument down ("Attractive women get the short end of the stick in social circles") may be valid...? If it were, it really doesn't apply to enough people to warrant international attention. This whole story feels artificially inflated - i.e. trolled.

To me, she's not very attractive. I see more attractive women in my day-to-day life. I think it must be that disconnect that has folks riled up - the fact that she believes she is very beautiful to the outside world. I suppose it can be written up as "arrogance", I don't know. I'd classify it more as "overconfidence" even though the two share similar definitions, I always felt that "arrogance" had the idea of a priori or empirical proof of accomplishment whereas "confidence" could be likened to "faith" - as in, "I am confident that I can walk across the busy highway unharmed."

Swyftstar:
You can't swing a dead rat without hitting one of them.

That comment combined with that avatar = RATFLAAILLLL!!!!!1!

OP: That woman is a low 6 to me. Her smile probably scares children, her looks are beginning to sag, and her personality is a whopping 2/10. I don't think I've seen this kind of legendary conceitedness since... well I can't think of a time =|
You wouldn't get this level if you combined Johnny Bravo with Austin Powers and Lord Farquad.

And no, people are not telling you off because you are pretty, they are telling you off because your head is so far up your ass that they can't see your face and tell if you are pretty.
I know many more girls that are much prettier than this wench, and they are not hounded by random guys buying things for her. I think she's full of shit.

Da Orky Man:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Gabanuka:

Admit it again.

Sorry bro, Emma Watson already won my approval as Britain's prettiest face. See above.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Gabanuka:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

And again.

Technically she's Scottish

Spot1990:
Is she trolling? Seriously, she's like a 6 tops. Also, her smile is scary... Like she's only learning how to replicate human emotion. Holy shit, she smiles like the female t1001 in Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

This is about exactly what I'd like to say. So, thanks.

Good looks are a curse? May the Lord smite me with it. And may I never recover!

Also, she thinks she hasn't been a brides maid because she is too beautiful? She is either completely full of shit, a total ass, or she chose completely shallow friends. I am going to go with all 3.

Hey lady! Maybe people are being a b*tch to you not because you're extremely attractive (which you are clearly not) but maybe because you're an extremely self-centered b*tch who needs to get over herself. For example when your neighbor gave you a blank stare when you waved at her, maybe she just didn't see you. Which I know, is impossible because you're just so damn pretty right?

JimB:

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that her complaint has some merit. I'm a white, straight man in America, so I should have all the benefits, right? Unfortunately, I've chosen a career path where those traits are held against me. In nursing, a field dominated widely by women, I'm ostracized, I'm denied work, and my coworkers will tell me right to my face how men don't have the emotional equipment for providing real medical care and should instead just be doctors, whom of course they consider to be arrogant know-it-alls whose only function is to get in a nurse's way while she provides the real medical care.

So yeah, I'm willing to bet that having an otherwise advantageous personal trait can be a liability a person would rather not deal with. As to whether Mrs. Bricks particular claims have any merit, well, who knows; but I find the principle sound.

So we know that discrimination exists based on certain traits that shouldn't warrant discrimination within the workplace. However, I'm not sure this is the point she's trying to make (if she's actually clever or insightful enough to be trying to make a point, but that's a different point. point point point. ahem) especially as she has written in other places how she's used her (evidently rampent) sexuality to get better jobs and climb the social ladder (making objectifying women a good thing, HORRAY -_-).

As far as I can tell, she says that being an attractive women (again lets make this general to move away from if she is or isn't) means you are despised by other women, and will be constantly ostrasised by your own sex through a sort of combination of fear and jelousy.

my rebutle to this, (and indeed many other people apparently), is that it's not neccessarily looks that get this hatred, but personality, and as she only writes from personal expirience, rather than referencing any sort of study, this undermines her entire argument, as she, on the evidence she's provided us with anyway, has an abhorent personality, and as we all know corrolation does not imply causation, and maybe she should stop assuming that all women hate her because she's pretty, but because she is, to be blunt, a fucking bitch.

After all, it seems to me that all attractive girls hang out together in impentrible groups, rather than all hating each other, but in fairness, I'm hardly an athority on the subject of the mysterious species of females ;).

Ah circular logic, you gotta love it. A favorite tool of fanatics, dullards and self important people alike.

Well, at this point, I'm sure nothing I have to say has remained unsaid for so long. However, that won't prevent me from thinking them[1].

While yes, she is quite full of herself and she is greatly overestimating her beauty, or lack thereof, but she does have a valid point or two. Personally, I know a woman that almost everyone that also knows her agrees that she is one of, if not, the most beautiful female that they have met. I once asked her about her choice in men[2] and she replied that they were the only ones that ever asked her out. I can, as a relatively confident male, say that I was, quite foolishly if I'm being honest, intimidated by her lovely appearance. I have since come to realize that that was quite moronic of me, but at that point I was convinced that she was 'out of my league.'

Who knows, perhaps Samantha Brick has a sparkling personality and maybe she is the most non-photogenic person alive. If this were the case, I may be able to have a bit of respect for her. On the other hand, I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is not the case.

Whatevs, she is unattractive, she thinks much too highly of her looks and seems a tad arrogant. I've never met her, yet I already dislike her, as I can guess many of you do as well, I wonder what that says about her as a person...

[1] Or posting said thoughts on the internet
[2] As I couldn't help but notice it seemed she had a thing for...um, dorky fellas

doggy go 7:
So we know that discrimination exists based on certain traits that shouldn't warrant discrimination within the workplace.

Workplace discrimination wasn't my point, and I apologize if it seemed I was saying it is. My only reason for bringing up the story is to provide a concrete example of how my personal experiences have a parallel (perhaps a tenuous one, though I think it's close enough for government work) with hers.

Holy shit she has one of the creepiest smiles I have ever seen. Like female Stanley Kubrick.

Oirish_Martin:
See, this is satire.

http://newsthump.com/2012/04/04/samantha-brick-diary-reveals-further-anguish/

Daily Mail columnist Samantha Brick has hit the headlines again today after her secret diary was leaked on the Internet, giving further insight into the mind of a delusional narcissist.

Below are sample entries revealed to reporters by an unnamed source, which are already providing greater clarity on the thought processes of Mrs Brick.

Jan 27th and 28th: "Stopped to do my hair in the mirror before leaving for work, and before I knew it, it was Saturday."

February 2nd: "The bread is mouldy - my beauty is such that it spoils baked goods in just six days, truly this is a curse."

I take your satire and raise you an entire article!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks

Edit:
Also, this:

Her smile reminds me of a Vorcha.

Thank you Chris.

Always nice to have you around when I need advice.

she is also wrong the most reviled person is a cat... or a kitten

I don't know how to respond to this.

My logic: Hot Woman = Hot

Her logic: Hot Women = Sin

She is: Ugly Woman

Deduction: WAT.

well she is clearly too enamored by the scent of her own farts to effectively communicate it, so ill do it.

men have historically done fucked up things to get women... and women like this. it may lead to them being thrown around like a piece of meat as men vie to have them for themselves, but women feel a sadistic joy from causing men to destroy themselves and everyone around them merely by standing there and looking pretty(or some other, less cynical perspective of that phenomenon).

the point is, ugly people are jealous of pretty people(SHOCKING revelation, i know) and treat them badly, because, thats kind of what jealousy is. women are generally known to be more vitriolic in their jealousy then men, partly due to nature but mostly due to the catastrophically over-emphasized expectation of beauty history has made into a cultural norm for women. men do terrible, terrible things to get pretty women, and the old newtonian truism holds that women do equally terrible things to make themselves the prettiest, like taking out the competition by systematically shattering the self-esteem and willpower of prettier women until they are too fucked up to be dated.

women are very good at that, very thorough and professional when they want something. DO NOT FUCK WITH THEM.

thats what she was trying to say i think. but its all moot, because im pretty sure pedophiles or genocidal dictators are the most reviled people on earth. the wrath of a jealous woman might be terrible indeed, but it never lead to ethnic-cleansing.

SilverZ:
she is also wrong the most reviled person is a cat... or a kitten

I'm a cat and I take offense to this.

ThePostalDude:
This is why we have misogyny.

That's a bullshit statement if I ever heard one.

Spot1990:
Is she trolling? Seriously, she's like a 6 tops. Also, her smile is scary... Like she's only learning how to replicate human emotion. Holy shit, she smiles like the female t1001 in Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

She must be trolling. The face is a big part in what I consider in deciding beauty. I don't find her beautiful, and I don't find her to be pretty. Her face is pretty cringe-worthy to me and really doesn't end up anywhere on the beauty/pretty scale. I actually wonder if she has been in an accident that messed up her face some how, because it looks that way to me.

I skimmed the article, but couldn't find a reference to her age, the reason I say this is because in the pictures where she clearly isn't wearing make-up, she looks like is in her 60's or early 70's.

Stupid little girl, stupid little statement. All of you, move on.

Yeeesh, some people really shouldn't smile with their entire mouth.

But yeah..made me laugh. But eh, let her make up whatever excuse she wants as to why the old friends don't come a'calling anymore.

Because with people like that... its rarely the reason they say.

I don't think she's correct. She should be saying "No one in the world is more reviled than a woman who thinks she's exceedingly pretty and puts herself up on a pedestal, waiting for the inevitable insults to come her way so she can prove her point."

She's a moderately good looking woman, but not overly pretty. She just seems to have a high opinion of herself and insecurity issues.

I don't think she is good looking at all, I won't nitpick but there are definitely plentiful flaws in her appearance, she is a bad example but she has a decent point. I think she is arrogant in her appearance which is where I'm guessing over half her problems stem from, she just perceives everything as being an attack on her beauty because she is vain. That being said, I definitely agree that attractive women are probably treated worse in certain situations because of their looks but like anything else you have to take the good with the bad, if you are blessed with a positive trait should you be upset when other people become jealous? Fuck no, it's part of the price, just be happy you were lucky and deal with it.

Also her reply about not expecting so much hate, somebody really should have informed her just what the internet is all about because holy shit, it could have been MUCH worse than this.

*Le grand sigh* The Daily Fail *ahme* I mean Mail strikes again, do they like employ real journalists or do thy just take submissions from the random lunatics that read there paper?

OT
She's not even that pretty. Oh and her rebuttal is comedy gold btw.

Linky link

I lol'd.

Then she improperly associated trolling:

Until this week I never really understood the term 'Trolling' - used to describe when anonymous people viciously attack others on the internet. Now I do!

Just another member of British media falsely describing what trolling really is.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

What she described is not trolling, it's just bullying. THIS, is trolling: http://artoftrolling.memebase.com/

or 4chan. they just love to troll too.

As I tried to leave on the website...

I lol'd at both articles.

Then she improperly associated trolling:

"Until this week I never really understood the term 'Trolling' - used to describe when anonymous people viciously attack others on the internet. Now I do!"

That's just falsely describing what trolling really is.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." (wikipedia, 2012)

What she described is not trolling. The vast majority of snide comments, while going too far, are just a nasty reaction to Sam's arrogance and self-righteousness.

If her original post was announced fabricated tomorrow, that would be a 100%, bang-on-the-mark, perfect example of trolling.

This is a hub for trolling: http://artoftrolling.memebase.com

She has to be attractive. No unnatractive woman could possibly get herself a husband with a mustache of that caliber. Just putting that out there :P

Psykoma:
I don't see how someone could write the two articles in the OP as well as
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2029781/I-use-sex-appeal-ahead-work--does-ANY-woman-sense.html

And not expect to be lambasted as a whiny bitch.

She claims that she uses her sex appeal to get ahead? Ether she is one skilled cock gobbler or her boss is probably just thinking if he gives her what she wants she will go away and he wont have to look at her face anymore.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked