Singing by Yourself.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The title should give you an indication of what this thread is about.

Do any other escapist users sing when no one's around to hear them?
How do you think you sound?
What's your favorite song/group to sing to?
Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Not asking this one for any particular reason, just wondering if anyone's confident/shameless/drunk enough to actually do that.

Let's hear some of your musically inclined confessions.

I will sing some really horribly embarassing things when no-one can hear me. Keep in mind, my singing ability is limited to being able to do a pretty good version of Ducktales, and not completely mangling the occasional Johnny Cash song.
It'd probably be pretty terrifying to see a 15 year-old who looks a bit like a shaved bear singing this...

Hell, I not only sing when alone to songs but I talk to myself all the damn time.

Also, sometimes when I listen to songs I imagine myself singing them... (ohgodwhythisissosad).

I sometimes think I'm good but I bet I'm terrible... I don't really have any specific songs.

1. Yup, all the time.
2. I guess I sound alright.
3. I don't have one.
4. Nope, way too shy.

I do sometimes, I've attempted replicating the powerful vocals of Roger Daltery without much success, to be fair I've never done it at full volume I'll try it when no one's home. I sing along to Kasabian a little, I can't stop myself singing along to Sally Cinnamon by The Stone Roses "You taste of cherryade and lemonade" *mumbles* "Sugar and spice and all things nice, sent to me from heaven Sally Cinnamon you are my world"

I sing a lot! I love to sing at work when I'm the only person left in the office. Really cheesy songs too - I don't listen to the same songs I sing. Like, I have a fondness for singing traditional pop and jazz - think Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald - even though I mostly listen to punk, indie rock and electronica.

If I'm in a particularly good mood I'll sing quietly to myself when I'm walking down the street. Oh, and I sing when I'm drunk. I think that's a Scottish thing.

1. I do, I'm kinda weird like that.
2. Meh, okay I guess, I'm probably not the best judge.
3. Just whatever pops into my head.
4. I very much doubt it, I have nerves of styrafoam and would likely choke, though I'd probably be more comfrotable doing it in a room full of strangers than people I would have to see on a regular basis.

Every now and again when I'm in the house by myself I'll wail a line or two of a song. I can't sing for shit though, can't hit any notes, it's one thing that's always bothered me.

I'll belt out the biggest of power ballads when I'm drunk though. Fuck you, everybody else's eardrums.

Yep.
Pretty bad, I'm completely incapable of conveying emotion with my voice, and it sounds more like someone really bored and unenthusiastic is saying the lyrics of the songs out loud than actually singing.
Noting in particular, but I must admit that I have memorized most of Avantasia's songs, yeah I'm lame.
Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience?
No, the only times I speak in public I tend to be really direct and to the point, and I don't really like crowds, besides I've earned a reputation as the most boring person on the planet, I don't want to ruin it by singing.

All the time.
I know I sound decent since I'm in a choir and take lessons.
From the Beastie Boys to Pink Floyd. I love rapping just as much as singing.
Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Not asking this one for any particular reason, just wondering if anyone's confident/shameless/drunk enough to actually do that.
I've done it on many ocassions. Of course it was in a choir but I do sing in front of my friends/in class from time to time.

In order!

Yes.

All right. I'm pretty sure I can't make high notes though. My voice tends to crack.

Oh, I don't have one. I have a lot of faves so I just sing whatever is in my head at the time.

Yep. In fact, I already have. But it's limited. Only karaoke. I wouldn't do anything like open mike night. But karaoke? Easy. You can sing and probably be bad but no one expects you to be awesome. It's all about just showing how good you are at singing a song, relatively by heart.

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

Oh, hello there....

1: Yeah, I do.

2: I think I'm decent. I wouldn't say the best, but I am sure I am good.

3: Mostly things I am listening to on my Ipod. That is mostly Psychedelic Rock.

4: Not really, but I could if I am paid well.

Yeah, I do that sometimes.
I tried recording myself with my computer to answer that exact question and it was rather bad.
Eh random things.
Hell no. No one is allowed to hear me >__>

Sure do
Not amazing, but I grew up in church choir (thanks, mom) so I can carry a tune in a bucket
Not sure, I like singing along with anything I listen to
By myself in front of a proper audience? Hell no. Only in the presence of a lovely lady? Most likely.

Do any other Escapist users sing when no one's around to hear them? Yes, all the time.
How do you think you sound? Absolutely fucking terrible. I've been reliably informed of my tone-deaf nature.
What's your favourite song/group to sing to? Anything 80's pop-like. Or some kind of movie musical soundtrack (Chicago, Hairspray, Rocky Horror etc)
Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Holy fuckballs never!

Most likely, they don't exactly bottle up what they like to say.
Terrible. Oh well.
I seriously have no preference. As long as I know the lyrics, I'm good.
Normally? Nah. They don't deserve my angelic tones to reach their ears.
Drunk? Oh I'm kinda infamous for singing aloud when drunk.

"want you gone" from portal..in the shower

or "mind of the bat" and "jokers song" theyre just so catchy

I sing along with my music when it's something I can at least match the pitches for, which is a fair amount of the stuff I listen to but does exclude things like death metal... for obvious reasons.

I think I sounds pretty decent when I'm singing something that works with my voice, I really enjoy singing along with stuff like Kamelot even though I'll never be able to hit those pitches with such clarity and volume. As for whether or not I'd sing in front of a group of people... maybe if I was playing drunken karaoke or had actually practised a song to play with my band, but otherwise probably not.

Yes
my Shower head thinks im Amazing. i sound all right

Rock Songs

Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Not asking this one for any particular reason, just wondering if anyone's
confident/shameless/drunk enough to actually do that.
i sing infront of my Skype friends

Do any other escapist users sing when no one's around to hear them? Damn right.
How do you think you sound? Like a cat that caught it's penis in a vice and is screeching while scraping it's claws down a chalkboard.
What's your favorite song/group to sing to? Queen.
Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Friday night Karaoke baby. I love Karaoke.

All the time. I sing nonsense to my dogs all the time.

I sound way better than I used to. I don't know what happened, but I've gotten more versatile somehow. I used to be extremely limited.

Punch Brothers or anything with Chris Thile. It's fun for me because my voice sounds pretty much exactly like his. He has a little easier time than I do reaching some of the higher notes. I can do it, but I'm a bit inconsistent due to an amateurish technique. But other than that, I sound just like the fellow.

I have before. I used to be shy about it, but I've opened way up

I love singing, but I'll only do it when the house is empty, or when I'm sure my brother has his noise-cancelling headphones on.

Personally, I don't think I sound that great. I'm not ear-rape bad, but definitely not good enough for it to count as a talent.

Not sure, I like doing most of the Rockband songs, also Marianas Trench is a fun group to sing along to.

Maybe as a duet with someone else... and only if the audience was drunk enough to not remember properly. :I

Yup, I sing to myself all the time. I know I sound absolutely terrible, my days as a choir boy have long since passed. I tend to sing a lot of Led Zeppelin which I just butcher so terribly because really, no one can sing like Plant. I would absolutely refuse to sing in front of an audience, it's pretty embarrassing. I've sung my fair share of drinking songs but usually, I'm not alone.

1. yes
2. terrible
3. whatever song is on my mind used to be linkin park hands held high then changed the lazy song then to champion and now its power (all songs well worth checking out)
4. no god no "hides in corner"

1. Every now and then, yes.
2. Depends on whether I feel like putting some effort into it or singing like a tone deaf idiot.
3. Myself. Usually when I'm singing I'm spouting off random gibberish that barely makes sense and I don't know the lyrics of any song well enough to be able to sing it without the music playing.
4. Not likely.

Keeping in mind that he is the bassist for a pretty successful local rock band, my friend and I carpool to college, and we put on the 80s and 90s pop channels so that we can sing along. So much fun. =D

Well I certainly do. More often though, I'll whistle, now I think about it...

After 5 years of singing lessons, I certainly hope I sound okay! :P

Eegads, who I sing changes almost every day. I whistle a couple The Corrs songs more often than I whistle anything else though, purely because they actually sound pretty good when whistled. ^_^

I've done so many times before, certainly willing to do it again... Not "on the spot", but for open mic nights and that sort of stuff.

1. Yes, but mostly when I'm in the shower.
2. Not sure really, I don't think I'm terrible, but I don't think I'm that great either.
3. For some reason I usually like to sing Smash Mouth's "All-Star". Don't know why, I just like the song.
4. Maybe, but only if I'm doing karaoke.

I always sing to myself when i'm alone. I talk to myself a lot too but I do that even when the girl friend is around. Never in public, don't want people thinking i'm a wacko now ;)

Yes. I whistle or hum when people are around, but I will sing when nobody else is there. I'm probably pretty off key and likely really bad.
I sing a lot of different things, mostly stuff that gets stuck in my head, and mostly just parts of those songs. I'm not too picky about genre as long as there's some melody, and I don't think I can narrow down a list of my favorite songs. I sing theme songs too, especially from back when I watched anime all the time. I still try to sing the chorus parts of the themes from Sakura Taisen, Evangelion, and Houshin Engi from time to time.
Right now, it's mostly little pony soundtrack. The music guy for MLP likes writing and adapting musical theater for it, it's pretty much designed to get stuck in your head.

Would I sing in front of an audience? um... no. Maybe if there were other people singing with me, but I'm too shy to do it on my own.

1) Do any other escapist users sing when no one's around to hear them?
Hell Yes, especially in the car.

2)How do you think you sound?
I think I sound good. That's my thought. My girlfriend, when she walks in on me, says that I sound too much like I'm imitating the singer than myself. It's hard to sound like yourself when you think your normal voice wouldn't fit a particular song.

3)What's your favorite song/group to sing to?
In my younger years I would do a spot on Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) whine/drone.

Probably in the past few years it's been My Chemical Romance. Some people caught me singing while I was driving and they looked like they enjoyed it. Thumbs up all around. When I stopped due to embarrassment, they told me to keep singing.

In the past few weeks I've been singing Japanese Rock/Pop songs. I don't know much of the Japanese language either (I'm picking it up though using Rosetta Stone.) Radio and music is how my Mom learned English when she immigrated into the country.

4.Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience?
I have in fact sung and played guitar in front of people. I wasn't drunk but I was scared. It wasn't my first performance but it was my first solo performance. I recently found out that my local mom and pop Coffee Shop does open mic nights so people may see me there. Otherwise I will do Kareoki whenever it's available at the local bar, after a couple shots of Tequila (Patron please).

Do any other escapist users sing when no one's around to hear them? I do all the time!

How do you think you sound? I think I sound okay, but I probably sound like garbage.

What's your favorite song/group to sing to? I've got lots of 'em! Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Beck, Butthole Surfers, R.E.M., Metallica, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Rush, Rage Against The Machine, Radiohead, Limp Bizkit, heck, even Snoop Dogg.

Would you actually be willing to sing in front of an audience? Not asking this one for any
particular reason, just wondering if anyone's confident/shameless/drunk enough to actually do that.
I've done it for a play I was in; I had to sing with an Elvis accent. It was a lot of fun.

> Yes. Always.

> I think I can't sing for crap. I've never gotten proper peer review, though, so whether my judgement is accurate is still to be decided.

> "Somehow I'll - Make a maaan ~ Out of youuu."

> Yes, if I have A) proper practice beforehand and a good reason to, or B) they're my friends and they already know me for things other than my singing skills. I'm not wasting first impressions while at the same time slaughtering Oingo Boingo's Weird Science.

I sing to myself all the goddamn time, at the top of my lungs, but only when I'm home alone. I sing in the most exaggerated bass voice I can, and my voice is pretty low in the first place, so I sing like other people with pretty low voices- Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Dean Martin, David Bowie, The National , Depeche Mode.

I think I sing alright, I don't like singing in front of people, but on like the two times I have, I've gotten a fair number of compliments, so I guess I'm decent. My old roommate was fascinated by my Jack White impression and make me sing "Fell in Love with a Girl" like 4 times straight

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked