Valve's Gabe is a brony

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I do have to say that the fanboy rage is GLORIOUS. So many people mad on so many different forums. The youtube comments are even worse.

Oh . . . no? I'll be honest, I'm just puzzled. Man likes TV show.

I've never got the controversy. It's just a show.

So...? I'm with this guy:

Suicidejim:
Oh . . . no? I'll be honest, I'm just puzzled. Man likes TV show.

I've never got the controversy. It's just a show.

Whi is Gabe exactly? My first thought is of Gabe Newell, but that doesn't look like him.

EDIT:

Ah nvm it's one of those dumb videos with just a still picture. Did they think that's Gabe Newell in the picture? Are they retarded?

You posted first so I'm going to support your thread.

Regnes:
Whi is Gabe exactly? My first thought is of Gabe Newell, but that doesn't look like him.

It's Gabe Newell. the video is a clip from an interview he did on Geek a Week:
http://geekaweek.net/2012/02/legends-of-videogames-gabe-newell/

Personally, I find all the rage hilarious.

Regnes:

EDIT:

Ah nvm it's one of those dumb videos with just a still picture. Did they think that's Gabe Newell in the picture? Are they retarded?

He grew a beard, and its turning white. He is almost 50, where have you been?

Oh hey, apparently Half Life 3 really is coming out, it's Gordon Freeman!

Oh wait it's Gabe. Nice beard and 'stache combo he's got going on there.

OT: I can't say I'm all that surprised that he's a brony. No particular reason why, I'm just not that surprised. :/ Still cool either way though.

Well, that explains why Half Life 3 isn't out yet, Gabe's too busy having professional level ponyfic written.

I think we need to make a distinction here: Is he a brony... or does he simply watch and enjoy MLP? I mean he said it but it doesn't necessarily mean he is actually part of the Brony community.

Fappy:
I think we need to make a distinction here: Is he a brony... or does he simply watch and enjoy MLP? I mean he said it but it doesn't necessarily mean he is actually part of the Brony community.

This man makes a very valid point.

Man, Gaben really is Santa Claus.

How amazing. I bet he likes food and movies too!

Now this means valve fanboys (whom are MLP fanboys) will be even more obnoxious about their MLP fanboyism, doesn't it?

I never really got the fascination with MLP. To me it's still a kids show like pokemon. Also why do people care that the man likes a kids show.

Eri:
The youtube comments are even worse.

Isn't that always the case?

I suppose I should go watch the new MLP at soe point to find out what all the fuss is about but I just can't be arsed lately.

Fappy:

A lot of people see a brony as no more than a fan that is not in the shows target audience.
Chances are he doesn't spend much time in the community but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a brony.
He even said he was one.

EcksTeaSea:

The fiend! I did not know such horrible people still existed! Crucify him! Crucify him!

wow thats amazing im a gob smacked with this knowledge. i don't see what the big deal is, so some guy likes MLP.

BreakfastMan:

EcksTeaSea:

The fiend! I did not know such horrible people still existed! Crucify him! Crucify him!

Noooo!

He hasn't got Valve to make Half Life 3 yet!

Seriously though, this shouldn't be a big deal really. Unless your a Valve and MLP fan like me, but even then it should realistically just make you go, "Oh. Well awesome. Small world."

Oh well. Not like anything bad can come of this. (Note that I did end that last part with a "." not a "?", but if anyone still feels like answering a statement that is you right.)

Gabe........ get your finger out of your fat ass, stop watching Friendship is magic and make with the f*cking HALF LIFE 3.
Less Twilight Sparkle more Gordon Freeman

Well
If this is true...
Gabe just got 20% cooler

Now then...
Come Gabe, do it, you know it'd be awesome

Anyway, I'll take this as a ponythread, and link this group for any person interested in other MLP related topics
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
Would recommend turning chat notifications off, as it is a very lively group.

So Half-life 3 will have MLP Easter eggs?

verdant monkai:
Gabe........ get your finger out of your fat ass, stop watching Friendship is magic and make with the f*cking HALF LIFE 3.
Less Twilight Sparkle more Gordon Freeman

Or maybe... Twilight Freeman?
Yes, yes I think so

So long as he isn't a horse-bangin' skank nobody cares.

Hey look, it's Grandpa Del Toro!

Seriously though, is this a thing?

Fappy:

I'll simplify it for you, since I used to be a Brony.. now i'm just a happy-all-around fan.

Fan of MLP: FiM = Someone who enjoys the show, loves the characters and admires the artwork or how entertaining the story is within each episode. They are however mainly into other things, and only watch the show without expressing how much of a fan they are.

Brony = A major fan who identifies oneself as someone who literally loves everything about MLP:FiM. They will most likely have their Avatar relating to the show, have an urge to share inside jokes or references with others about the show, checks out multiple websites relating to MLP:FiM for purposes based on Memes or the liking, and most importantly they will feel far strongly for what happens in the show then what fans feel (the fans who like the show.)

Not that anything's negative about the two, yet I hope this helped most who read this understand the difference. I'm partly a Brony, but starting to really become just a fan faithful to the show alone (after all, I did quote you specifically on why I dislike the Brony community Fappy.)

For the life of me, I will never understand the internet. "Oh no! A person likes a thing! Sound the fucking alarms!"

Seriously, who the flying hell cares?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna take this opportunity to jump back up on my soapbox about these adorable little nicknames people keep making for themselves:

STOP IT. You're a fan of something, that doesn't make you a member of some goddamn fan club. I can't stand it when someone has to call themselves a "brony" or a "gleek" or a "lostie" or a "whovian" or a "trekkie" or "potterhead" or...You get the picture. Why isn't enough to just LIKE those things? Why do you have to come up with a stupid title for your own fandom?

To be honest, have no idea why these little names bother me so much, but for whatever reason they just....irk me.

This is news?

Okay. Stop the planet; I want to get off.

Fappy:

Thank you. I personally identify with the former group. The show is good, the stupid internet bullshit about it on both sides is annoying.

So he likes the show.

SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

Big whoop.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
Snip

I'm not going to bash you or bring some negative remarks on your comment, no my friend.. instead I shall give you some insight on the whole 'Brony' ordeal:

The Brony title was actually sort of a joke originated from 4Chan. In all honesty, it just sort of grew to be something more then a title meaning "Bro + Pony". It distinguishes the difference between fans and Bronies. Now before you say there is no difference, I shall leave what I said above here for you to see yourself.

Caramel Frappe:
Fan of MLP: FiM = Someone who enjoys the show, loves the characters and admires the artwork or how entertaining the story is within each episode. They are however mainly into other things, and only watch the show without expressing how much of a fan they are.

Brony = A major fan who identifies oneself as someone who literally loves everything about MLP:FiM. They will most likely have their Avatar relating to the show, have an urge to share inside jokes or references with others about the show, checks out multiple websites relating to MLP:FiM for purposes based on Memes or the liking, and most importantly they will feel far strongly for what happens in the show then what fans feel (the fans who like the show.)

To me, being called a Brony is just something of an identity that you're not ashamed of what you love watching/seeing/doing, ect. This could be said for Star War fans, Mass Effect fans, heck even politicians (democrats, republicans, names of certain things to identify what they believe or love specifically or else we'd not have certain roles in media culture). Anyhow, I understand where you're coming from. I even stopped being a 'Brony' because the community was becoming really bad, loving itself while shunning the majority of people who are okay with the show or just disliking it. Still, people want to be known for what they stand for so it's a title you cannot belittle (not telling you this like a parent, but advising how the fans will see it as such.)

Caramel Frappe:
-snip-

All you said is, well... Wrong.

A brony is a name given to viewers/fans of the show. Doesn't matter how much of a fan you are. It is more or less your choice, do you wish to be called a brony or just a fan of the show.

A brony = A fan of MLP FIM anf vice versa. Simple as that.

I believe this sums up my view of this news.

So long as it doesn't end up turning Half-Life 3 into a pony-riding simulator (no I don't know why I thought of that) or something, he can watch whatever the hell he wants.

Annnnnnnd this matters why?
He watches it big whoop.

What really important is getting that man some Just for Men.
He looks soooooooooooooo old with white facial hair.

NightmareLuna:

Caramel Frappe:
-snip-

All you said is, well... Wrong.

A brony is a name given to viewers/fans of the show. Doesn't matter how much of a fan you are. It is more or less your choice, do you wish to be called a brony or just a fan of the show.

A brony = A fan of MLP FIM anf vice versa. Simple as that.

I explained how Brony came to be above this post, quoted a user on that but it's fine.

Still, what am I specifically wrong about? Not mad or anything, but everything i've stated is true to an extent. In all honesty- you are right that Brony is just another word for fans of MLP thus go by such a name, but as time progressed it's more then that now. I've been a Brony myself, I know this (well, still I can be wrong on some aspects so I am not saying i'm 100% right or else I am perfect.. which I am not trust me.)

Toilet:
This is news?

Okay. Stop the planet; I want to get off.

Can't, sorry. You'll just have to jump.

OT...

1. Big fucking deal if he does. I don't know anything about his personal life, but if he ever has to endure children's television for a child or grandchild or whatever, MLP is like a goddamn serene oasis in a desert of vapid, corny, awful bullshit. Whenever I have to babysit my cousin, I pull it up on YouTube and we watch it together.

2. This is Gaben we're talking about. This is the guy who held up a sign saying some jagoff was his son just because he was emailed and asked to do so. He has a sense of humor. If he thinks it would be funny to tell the world he likes My Little Pony and then watch them squabble about it, he goddamn would.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked