Your current musical obsession!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

OhJohnNo:
Recently (as in, from about yesterday), it's been the Foo Fighters. Most specifically, Stacked Actors.

It might be my new favourite riff.

One of my favorite Foo Fighters tracks right there.

Very rarely does a day go past where I haven't listened to Versailles. They've been my favourite band for about five years now.

Oh yeah; the girl playing the guitar in the red dress is actually a man. The amount of people who refuse to believe me is quite amusing. My nan also refuses to acknowledge that I willingly spent over 100 twice to go see them in London, because in her words;
"They're Japanese?! Why would you go to see them? We fought them in the war!"
When I told her the woman was actually a man, that was the last straw.

Going through a bit of a Vivaldi phase at the moment.

What don't look at me like that, don't suppose anyone will remember your music in 300 years.
Sorry, classical music reflex defence kicked in.

Anyway i think everyone need this next one in their lives, no particular reason I just think it's awesome and have been looking for any excuse to post it.

Helvatios by Eluveitie

the entire album is good but no better quality of the album also a rose for epona is good

I think the band I'm hooked on currently would be Hit The Lights. Its amazing what you can randomly find at the library.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf9QIVM6G8

I've actually been listening to a lot of alternative lately. R.E.M., Radiohead, Beck and Pearl Jam just to name a few.

I'm currently obssesed with Heavy Young Heathens.

By the way, kind of off topic here, but anyone know any other bands with a similar sound? I've been looking on Itunes but since they just throw this in with 'Alternative' I haven't been finding anything good.

Meshuggah!

Highly delightful stuff, if your into that sort of thing. Great driving music.

Right now, Parallel Lines.

I know it's a terrible thing to love so much, but anything and everything Katy Perry.

The entirety of my life has been marked by the inability to stop listening to and loving the hell out of RUSH.

Not such a bad thing.

Been somewhat depressed as of late, and been listening to a lot of Eyedea and the Abilities.

ChippedShoulder:
Got into Red Hot Chili Peppers a few months ago, on the advice of a good friend of mine. I now barely listen to much else at the moment, bought Kiedis' autobiography, own almost their entire discography (working on it) and learnt most of it on guitar because Mr Frusciante is fantastic :D

Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome!

Snow (Hey Oh) has to be one of my favorite songs of all time.

I recently discovered Gordian Knot:

I really like bands that put an effort into the actual music and not just the lyrics. I'm sick and tired of hearing guys singing about love to the sound of two different chords on a guitar, so this is really a breath of fresh air.

Tyr currently, though Blind Guardian's still playing just as much.

I'm crazy about the Decemberists currently. Down by the Water has the best accordion-or-possibly-harmonica-I-can't-really-tell solo ever.

ChippedShoulder:
Got into Red Hot Chili Peppers a few months ago, on the advice of a good friend of mine. I now barely listen to much else at the moment, bought Kiedis' autobiography, own almost their entire discography (working on it) and learnt most of it on guitar because Mr Frusciante is fantastic :D

Welcome. They really are awesome, aren't they?

I saw them live at Manchester a few months ago. As for the 'Scar Tissue' autobiography, it's very interesting, isn't it?

OT:

Jimmy Page, he's a fucking legend.

It's a pity he no longer tours... :(

Rammstein!

Du hast mich...

I love Rammstein. They've been dominating my playlist, the last months, together with Flogging Molly.

Brand new

These guys are a very underrated band.

And this just happened to come up after I just got one after all this time.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brSzyLtNjgw
Crush 40 is releasing three new songs, and they've released this medley demo. I keep playing it. Over and over again. And I wonder why it takes so long to get these out. I mean, I have seen plenty of people get work like this done and out in a day or two. I don't understand the process of the music industry much at all. Anyone know why it takes so long to get this stuff done? They said they'd be releasing the songs on I Tunes and everything.

I suppose I've still got Zapper: One Wicked Cricket left over. I happened to run into this game about a month ago, and I just cannot get enough of this game's fantastic soundtrack. Especially the Bonus Round theme, when you go off to collect yourself a new shield. My word... more people need to know about this obscure little title.

Currently this...

Listen to it and tell me it isn't amazing...

Sonata Arctica and Amon Amarth. I've been on this for more than three years. Somebody help me, please.

Not really one at the moment, in a few days Fate/Zero's OST for the second part of series is all I'm going to be listening to.

Recently discovered 'The Eels' and I'm totally obsessed. (Video is a tad on the insane side)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfqbuTBqX8

'Oberhofer' is another which I've taken a liking to. The lead singer has an amazing taste in shirts too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTopEqH2leE

Dem Craft Spells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aUgPuIhfVY

Currently?

Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, and Abbey Road by the Beatles.
Soundscapes Volumes I, II, and III by Zelda Reorchestrated.
Meteora by Linkin Park.
American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day.
The Protomen and Act II: Father of Death by The Protomen.

Keep in mind, these are all full albums, not songs. (Well, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are both songs, but I'm listening to the full albums as well.)

Mostly Swedish trallpunk. Have been listening to a damn lot of Dia Psalma the past few months, and recently found out they had a previous band called Strebers that recorded tons of stuff. I got filled with joy!

I actually Cannot get enough of Enter Shikari right now, It's so stupid!

You should all listen to them! GO! GOOO!

well...

soooo fuken hooked on this...

also

and

Unlimited Gravity, Freddy Todd, Gojira, & Wahnsinn (who is a very talented musician on newgrounds).

Lil B. The BasedGod. Fuck the haters, this guy is doing wonders for hip hop. To say he's the most important unsigned artist right now is nothing short of understatement.

Most of this guy's stuff is free. He releases a new mixtape seemingly once a month, go check his newest one out. It's probably the most accessible, as it has less of his "cooking" tracks. Go download it! Free and legal

shimyia:
well...
-Lil B snip-
soooo fuken hooked on this...

Oh! Hello there!

Just came out.

Also, I'm in an acapella mood.

Arranges of Touhou music. I love videogames music, even more so when they're arranged with orchestra or guitar, transformed into rock, blues, folk, and their piano versions!

Like this (forgot the violin arranges too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaTups_Ehg&feature=related

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked