soft panic

Does anyone here suffer from a panic-mindset which isn't in the textbook? I'm talking about an anxiety which won't make a person scream or break a door down; they still exhibit a calm demeanor. But a dull panic washes over them, a silent curse which has been there since birth, now grown up, it saps what vitality remains from a tiny trickle.

Does anyone else get this?

are we allowed to "bump" our threads?

I sometimes panic without externally showing it beside a huge increase in sweat production, but that's about it.

Zerstiren:
Does anyone here suffer from a panic-mindset which isn't in the textbook? I'm talking about an anxiety which won't make a person scream or break a door down; they still exhibit a calm demeanor. But a dull panic washes over them, a silent curse which has been there since birth, now grown up, it saps what vitality remains from a tiny trickle.

Does anyone else get this?

That actually sounds fairly textbook to me, maybe not as a panic attack but there are plenty of other disorders the include fearful thoughts, a feeling of doom, anxiety, or other things that could be considered a dull panic. There are other people who get the same feeling. If it is bad enough that it interferes with your life you should see someone about it if you have the capability to.

Mainly in social situations, I can feel slightly panicked or claustrophobic, but I don't show it.

I'm the sort of person that while appearing to be calm and collected, if you looked deep into my eyes, it would drive you insane...

Darknacht:
That actually sounds fairly textbook to me, maybe not as a panic attack but there are plenty of other disorders the include fearful thoughts, a feeling of doom, anxiety, or other things that could be considered a dull panic. There are other people who get the same feeling. If it is bad enough that it interferes with your life you should see someone about it if you have the capability to.

Thank you. I do see a psychiatrist, and I am taking meds for it. I will still succumb to it, from time to time, but I understand, as Bill Hicks said, "this is just a ride."

I know that feeling well. The best thing you can do is remember to breathe. It will pass. It always passes. You just have to keep breathing so you don't pass out.

Binnsyboy:
I'm the sort of person that while appearing to be calm and collected, if you looked deep into my eyes, it would drive you insane...

Wow why does that sound familiar............oh that's right

It probably doesn't help when I take my generic Ritalin in the late afternoon, before my birthday party. I still enjoyed the food and company, but only to a point.

I never stop panicking. Whether it be uni, money, family member health, or whatever, there's always something I'm panicking about.

Zerstiren:
are we allowed to "bump" our threads?

No, no you are not. :/

I won't give you a warning this time, but I've got my eye on you. o_-

I suffer from panic attacks on some (fairly rare depending on mindset) occasions. Panic attacks are your brain triggering the 'Fight or Flight' Response at an inappropriate time, for example my last panic attack I was driving and I started thinking I was having a stroke (lost feeling in my left arm) which in turn made me even more anxious about it which caused my panic attack.

anxiety is all in your head, there are things that stress everyone out but how you deal with it (in a healthy way) is important.

the easiest way to calm yourself down if you start to feel panicked is to take deep breathes in through your nose and out through your mouth, focus on the breathing to take your mind away from your anxiety and to also regulate your breathing (your body can trigger 'Fight or Flight' if you aren't breathing enough/too much)

I've been prescribed some medication but it's only there if I can't calm myself down during a panic attack. I would be wary about taking any prescription pills anyway.

when i'm panicky, i start cursing in german.

yeah, i'm a weirdo

I've never been one to get nervous but I'm panicking now. I've got an hour and a half long interview tomorrow for a job that I really can't afford to miss out on and I've been shaking all day.

Only while out in public without someone I know to chat with. Otherwise I start getting all paranoid about the people around me. I'm sure that's in a textbook somewhere, though.

Yep, i get that a lot. I had to take a test thing that looked into how much belief we had in ourselves etc. Everyone was shocked when i scored the lowest since they always assumed that the actor would be the most secure, plus they have described me as Charismatic and Confident before, i guess it just goes to show how different things can be from the way they appear.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked