What does Daft punk mean to you?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Ah Daft punk just uttering there name sparks a special feeling in ones heart, whether it be the music or the duo themselves granted the identity has always been masked but from what you hear you always get the impression there really nice people who are genuinely in the business solely for the music, i for one just love there music it just makes me feel happy as every track feels as different and unique as the last, all an all i just think they where pioneers of the genre and changed the face of the music industry forever, anyway i was just wondering if anyone felt the same or could give me there opinion on them.

Nouw's avatar (I think he changed it, though).

No really, whenever I hear a Daft Punk song, or just see the name "Daft Punk", that dancin' gif is the first thing that springs to mind. Usually followed by "Damn, this is awesome"

Unlikeable noise. It's just not my cup of tea. I watched Tron: Legacy wondering why people thought the soundtrack was so good.

But, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Daft Punk is so good i went to go see Tron simply for the soundtrack

(Not to be purposefully against the previous poster lol)

I'm not a fan...but I do like other Electronic, I just have never been huge on the Poppy House music that Daft Punk does.

Big fan here. I remember the very first time I heard them, it was back when Toonami aired a few segments from Interstella 5555, and I got my first taste of "Harder Better Faster Stronger". Good times.

Hell, recently, I've been on a bit of a Daft Punk binge, I've added no less than 4 different Daft Punk songs to my Ipod in the last month. Including this:

I remember back when I was in High School and Toonami played a block of music videos. They showed Daft Punk's 4 songs; One more time, Aerodynamic, Digital love and Harder better faster stronger.
I liked them and got the CD. Then, I realized there were more than just 4 songs, listened to them and decided to never do that again.

Tron: Legacy. That soundtrack was, to me, everything electronic music should be. So atmospheric, and evocative.

The rest of their stuff bores me. Generic dance music.

Interstella 5555, enough said. (Seriously, look it up!) Otherwise, I really like the music.

NOT TECHNO

just...not....

not my favorite electronic act...but pretty good

Smithburg:
Daft Punk is so good i went to go see Tron simply for the soundtrack

(Not to be purposefully against the previous poster lol)

I bought the soundtrack..never seen the movie

One of my favourite things to do is sit in my room with reference quality headphones and listen to all of Alive 2007 in FLAC. Best live recording ever. I absolutely love the way the mixed the show and I'm amazed at the quality of recording they got out of it. A great pioneer of electro-house and the surrounding genres for sure.

To me Daft Punk mean dance music or specifically House or Electronic dance musin in general. Yea I'm one of the people who love the band although one of my mates is the bigger fan compared to me.

CrazyGirl17:
Interstella 5555, enough said. (Seriously, look it up!) Otherwise, I really like the music.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's one of my favorite anime movies, hell movies in general. Being able to tell a story purely through the soundtrack and without a word of dialogue is quite the accomplishment.

I like Daft Punk a lot. Hell, we've grooved to Daft Punk's music a couple of times at the office. Fun stuff.

I think of a silly person who is also somewhat thuggish in nature.

Baron von Blitztank:
I think of a silly person who is also somewhat thuggish in nature.

Oh you.

OT: A simple beat that repeats itself again and again and again and again and again and again until I die of boredom and mild annoyance. And this is just 15 seconds into a song.

One of my favourite electronic artists :D Alive 2007 and tron legacy are masterpieces. The tron soundtrack MADE the film. Even after all this time they still got it :P

I wonder what they will come out with next...

It is a band i rather like and easily the first one that I must say i enjoyed way before they became popular, I was even insult for liking them by a few people that now love which made me all smug in these people's presence.

New York gay bars and catwalk models, which I believe is where they started out.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

OT: A simple beat that repeats itself again and again and again and again and again and again until I die of boredom and mild annoyance. And this is just 15 seconds into a song.

Most music has an element of repetition to them...

daveman247:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Most music has an element of repetition to them...

There an element of repetition and then theres straight out repetition.

This gif

and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Also, I know that they did music for the newer Tron and people think that's amazing but I haven't watched it, or heard any of the music from it so I can't judge.

I love Daft Punk. My favourite album being Discovery because of how similar it was to disco, another style of music I quite enjoy. Daft Punk's music is weird in that it's basically the same riff repeated ad infinitum in a way that I don't find tedious or aggravating.

I just like what Tom Bangalter did to pretty much create the "french house" subgenre.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

True, doesnt bother me though :P

I guess its a bit more obvious here because there aren't many lyrics to hide it...

Means Im harder, better, faster, stronger but that is only by technologic.

Daft Punk=Awesome party/workout/sparring music. Thats the short of it.

daveman247:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I guess its a bit more obvious here because there aren't many lyrics to hide it...

Nah, its straight up repetitious, no matter how many lyrics you throw over it or remove.

Not that thats a bad thing, I just dont like it.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

daveman247:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Nah, its straight up repetitious, no matter how many lyrics you throw over it or remove.

Out of interest (as a fellow person who doesn't really like Daft Punk), what are your thoughts on The Velvet Underground? They were famed for their devotion to repetition.

OhJohnNo:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

daveman247:

Out of interest (as a fellow person who doesn't really like Daft Punk), what are your thoughts on The Velvet Underground? They were famed for their devotion to repetition.

To be completely honest I havent listened to enough of them to really have a worthwhile opinion, but I didnt like what I heard the few times I did listen to them. Some of their songs have quite "nice" lyrics though, which is worth something.

Watching this on Toonami as a kid is what Daft Punk means to me.

I love Daft Punk. They kind of introduced me to the Electronica genre of music. "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and "One More Time" being my favorites.

LilithSlave:

Watching this on Toonami as a kid is what Daft Punk means to me.

How the heck did I miss this as a kid?? D:>

Ah well, I'm experiencing it now, and that's what matters.

It's...

...been much too long,

the feeling's gettin' strong,

I feel it in my bones...

Amethyst Wind:
It's...

...been much too long,

I feel it in my bones...

Can you feel it?

Well... that... a punk that is really really daft... No, to be serious, I don't care about those guys. I don't hate them (why should I?) but I really don't care for them.

FirstToStrike:

Amethyst Wind:
It's...

...been much too long,

I feel it in my bones...

Can you feel it?

My...

...mind is set so free,

It's where I want to be,

To get the best of me.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT