Favourite Cartoon/Animated Kids movie!!!

Simple, just post what you're favourite Kids animated movie is and why!

Mine Is definetly The Road To El Dorado, Because It has the best soundtrack EVER. No really:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIF1UtS21IQ&feature=relmfu
Its SOO AWESOME!

Captcha is love you...Not weird at all...

I'll just mention my favourite cartoon franchise:

Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies

'nuff sed really...

The Incredibles.

Has me glued to the screen every time it comes on.

I like a lot of animation in general. Not just anime. Ironically I'm probably even more fond of Japanese video games than their animation. I like both, but things often oddly seem to be in the reverse, people liking Japanese animation wayyyy more than Western animation seems to be the common thing, while people who are into Japanese sorts of video games is a little less common. To be honest, I like our animation every bit as much as our video games, perhaps even more so.

I think it's partially because of the ridiculous notion that "anime is cartoons for adults! Without comedy!" that took rise in the 90s. I can see how things like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun filled a niche many teens wanted. But still.

Anyway, I was never a huge fan of Road to El Dorado. And I realize for many people that's sacrilege. It definitely has it's fans. I was never hugely into it. I remember when it came out, and I didn't want to see it then. I would be here all day if I were to mention all of the animation I do like, though. Especially if Japanese animation counts.

I think that the Mighty B! gets a lot of attention. But also not near enough. Imagine if Twist from My Little Pony was a human, and you threw her into a Ren and Stimpy/Dexter's Lab esque setting. That is, it has a lot of gross out humor and zaniness coming from this little girl. I think it's adorable and more people should watch it.

I think that adults who don't like animation are sad people.

FirstToStrike:
The Incredibles.

Has me glued to the screen every time it comes on.

Probably this.

Great action movie, great superhero movie, and great animated movie.

Also, My Neighbor Totoro.

Pretty much any Studio Ghibli and Pixar films. I suppose for a film not base from a renown company that would be Transformers: The Movie.

Growing up, my favorite was Aladdin. I also love almost Pixar makes...The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Up, the Toy Story series....Seriously, the guys at Pixar are fucking amazing at what they do.

LilithSlave:
I like a lot of animation in general. Not just anime. Ironically I'm probably even more fond of Japanese video games than their animation. I like both, but things often oddly seem to be in the reverse, people liking Japanese animation wayyyy more than Western animation seems to be the common thing, while people who are into Japanese sorts of video games is a little less common. To be honest, I like our animation every bit as much as our video games, perhaps even more so.

I think it's partially because of the ridiculous notion that "anime is cartoons for adults! Without comedy!" that took rise in the 90s. I can see how things like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun filled a niche many teens wanted. But still.

You know how when you only get to eat a peanut butter sandwich for most of your life and then suddenly you get a chicken sandwich, and it's like the best thing EVER? That's how a lot of animation and general movie enthusiasts reacted to anime in the 90's. Or should I say, the adult oriented anime like Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

I know there are a lot of stupid people out there who claim anime is way better than anything Disney ever made, but back in the 90's it was simply the sudden change of flavour that made all the heads turn.

Too bad current anime kinda sucks.

Spirited Away without a doubt, fell in love with that movie instantly the first time I saw it.

Pretty much this:

Pixar is absolutley brilliant in almost everything they do, and this is, to me, the jewel of the crown.

I hold all the Pixar films, except both Cars movies, at being my favorite animated movies.

And the Futurama feature lengths one degree lower than that.

Anything else usually fails to get my attention to begin with, or loses it before the first quarter is over.

Toy Story and Lion King

That would probably be The Lion King. Loved that movie.

I remember stuff like The Pagemaster being pretty good as well.

I also like stuff from Pixar and Studio Ghilbi.

I always loved Disney's Aladdin, and Titan AE is AMAZING

I've always had a soft spot for Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

You get the idea (possibly).

"Up" and "The incredibles"! Love those movies.

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop.

Seriously, I loved that thing as a kid. Rube-Goldberd got nothing on the Hooded Claw (who neither wore a hood, nor had a claw).

Lion king and eldorado. though pom poko is really awesome too

Aw I was going to say Adventure time until I saw 'movie'
So Toy Story because it's cool and awesome.

I watched the first Pokemon movie for the first time in years a couple of weeks back and the end still makes me tear up so I probably have to say that one.

All the Pixar films, obviously.
And OP reminded me of how awesome El Dorado was. Brilliant film.
I can only wait until a MLP:FiM feature film... I can dream.

I would say that Lion King was what I watched most as a child, but after recently watching it again after maybe ten years, Dreamworks' Prince of Egypt is also downright incredible in its own way.

Favorite cartoons? Well, let's see...

There's Invader Zim. Some people might not like it because of how "screechy" and random it can sometimes get. But, I like it because they didn't try to make everything frivolously-happy for a "child" audience. Instead, they made it dark and grim and didn't always have nice things happen. They didn't treat their audience like idiots. They knew they could take it. They didn't hold back. This is the reason why I've hated 4Kids so much.

I remember fondly watching Danny Phantom. That was an awesome show. My personal favorite of Butch Heartman's works. First, he tried a new twist on fairies, then ghosts! What's he going to do, next? Animals? Oh, wait...

There are others I could mention, but, I just can't consider them as "kids shows", but as genuine "family shows". There's way to much "kids and family" stuff crowding the supposed "family" group. Some shows I can say are "family" shows, rather than strictly "kids and family" shows would be Looney Toons, Popeye and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. No, seriously. Pretty much for the same reasons as Invader Zim, except multiplied several times.

As for animated kids movies, I also can't call the Pixar films everyone keeps bringing up as "kids" films. Many adults enjoy them, too, and not because they grew up with them. They'll enjoy brand new ones, too. Know why? Because, they're just so well-written.

Now, such films that were thought of as "kids" films might include Curious George, to be perfectly honest. It's just a joy to look at. It's got a nicely-written story, real-world conflict, some amusing references and jokes and even a dark twist near the ending to boot!

I can't believe it took until post 7 for a classic disney movie to get named. I'd say my favorite is probably Aladdin, but Tarzan, Mulan, Pocahontas, Oliver and Company, and A Goofy Movie are all damn close. After that, road to el dorado, Cats Don't Dance, and the Pixar films.

wooty:
Spirited Away without a doubt, fell in love with that movie instantly the first time I saw it.

Spirited Away was a brilliant movie.

OT: Probably Up. The infertility scene in the beginning was surprisingly morbid, but made it that much more emotional. The film in general really got me right there. I don't cry at films/books/shows/games etc, but this was one of the closest.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked