Killing spree in Hungary... with a twist

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I know I got to this thread a little late, guess I need to work on my punctureality...

This tragedy is something that we cannot be joking about! It is a terrible thing that this man did and you should all be ashamed of yourselves...

It's not every day we get a slice of news this like this so cut out all the sword jokes! ;__;

OP: this is terrible news... But I'll admit, I spent more time (unsuccessfully) coming up with decent sword jokes then i did caring about the people involved in this...

I know, I'm going to hell...

I would like to meet the guy. Would love to axe some questions.

What a sworded person. But let me get to the point and a skew a question. Do these stabs at humour really cut these poor people justice? I suggest that you sharpen your minds and not diss members of our human society!

But really? 135 officers for one guy with a sword? To put it bluntly they really need to carve up some better officers over there.

Ok, how did I do?

This entire thread is both horribly offensive and morally disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. But why am I laughing?

This reminds me of a similar story from last October here in Scotland.
Someone tried to kill two people with a broadsword... over a Mars Bar.
So sword crime isn't that uncommon.

ElPatron:

twaddle:
You guys are all terrible for making jokes like this. No pun. Just facts. Joking about murderers like this humorous in the least. Death can be funny, but murder isn't. Not in real life.

To be honest I was afraid it would turn into a gun control argument, because apparently guns don't make it any easier to hit several people and run.

Get a handle on things and slice me off. Life without fun is pointless.

arnoldthebird:
I wonder if the OP expected their thread to become a pun fest...

No, I just went along.

Come now, cut him some slack, he is just white-knighting

Puns about a murder spree. You so classy guys..

Well well well... It's always fascinating to read about someone elses slice of life.

Why do you people just riposte the same puns over and over again? I would never claymore admit to be part of anything that tacky. Anyway, good job with the thread guys, you really cut into the issue.

I think everyone has used up every possible pun now. There's only one thing left to do.

/thread

This thread gave me a migraine.

People have died, Escapist forums.

Maybe he was trying to butter them up? (I'm not reading the later puns, but i'm assuming that hasn't been used yet).

But seriously, 135 officers? For one guy? Really?

Yo guys are a cut above the rest with your humour.

This is why I love the Escapist :')

Even if his arguments were a swing and a miss, he found another way to get his point through.

xSKULLY:
can this serve as proof to the fact that ive stated allot on this website
people kill other people without guns, therefore every time there is a gun killing spree and everyone goes "guns are terrible" or "guns kill" those people are wrong. people are terrible and people kill, they killed before guns were invented and will continue to kill after guns become redundant
thank you

Yeah, people will kill people anyway. Let's tally up the kills and make a comparison though shall we?

uhh, uhh, i got one more!
all the people complaining about the jokes: if you can't hack it, don't read the thread!

This is in reference to the first page...

as for the actual story... thats... different...

after seeing the third page and realising its been going on the whole thread...

on a more serious note: it appearently took so many officers because the wannabe-highlander made his escape after he did the deed. they started a manhunt and went looking for him all over the area to find him before he killed anyone else.

at least that's what i understand, i don't really understand hungarian that well. it's very possible that i got it wrong. i hope i didn't butcher the truth too much though.

sorry i couldn't help it xD

Matthew94:
I guess he stopped messing around and got straight to the point.

He didn't have to cut up his problems so badly.

It wasn't just his wit that was razor sharp.

I see he pierced the issue with that one.

OT This is a tragedy and I do not condone any killings.

alright you can stop cutting us up with those puns. we get the point.

Mantonio:

i know. hilarious isn't it?

These puns are why I love the escapist :D

This man wasn't very sharp, but I guess killing his family got the point across.

Mantonio:

eh people die everyday you need to learn to make fun of tragic things (without being diresppectful though)

they should have given him a warning shot with a taser into his leg.

*reads thread*

Oh lord, make it stop now....

Guess someone was hungary for some old-fashioned murder.

Mantonio:

Why yes. Yes they do. Every second, in fact. I'd wager there's thousands of'em. If we held a moment of silence for each of them, we would never speak.

I bet his family found his betrayal to be a real stab in the back.

0_0 Holy crap, really?!

So he goes on a killing spree with a sword, needs 135 cops to bring him in, and yet he doesn't resist arrest? What the heck.......Yeah, I'm calling nutcase on this one. Seriously, what the hell!

Also: The amount of puns in this topic make me ashamed. I'm supposed to be the Master of Puns among my friends, and I don't think I can come up with any new ones to add....0_0

Rumour has it, the argument was because he wasn't getting a big enough slice of the profits from the family business. Once he felt like he wasn't being backed to the hilt in the argument, he decided to cut the crap, and I think we have all agreed that he made his point

He used swords? Guess he couldn't afford cutting edge technology.

It is truly sad that the first time i see anything related to my home country on the escapist has to be this. What a great way to make first impressions

xSKULLY:
can this serve as proof to the fact that ive stated allot on this website
people kill other people without guns, therefore every time there is a gun killing spree and everyone goes "guns are terrible" or "guns kill" those people are wrong. people are terrible and people kill, they killed before guns were invented and will continue to kill after guns become redundant
thank you

This post is a real cut above the rest.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

OK guys, seriously, the puns are getting redundant now. Cut it out.

I can't believe people are making jokes about this! It really cuts me deep.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked